Getting Pointer in Game to go into 3D ?

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Getting Pointer in Game to go into 3D ?

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Guys,

I am looking at a flight sim game and the Pointer ingame (it is not tied to the Mouse Cursor) is not in stereo and it's main purpose it to be able to use this pointer to click things in the cockpit but it is hard to because it is in mono against a 3D image..

Now I thought it was tied to the mouse cursor ingame but it is not. I found the shader responsible but If I set that at Infinity the Pointer goes real far apart and is worse then before.. it is also tied with the HUD and MFD Info so I am unsure how to make the pointer itself goto Stereo without affecting the HUD..

here is a Screenshot the PointerI am talking about is a yellow x and to the Right of the HUD. I will also post the Shader responsible for the Pointer and HUD info.. I tried a few things but am at a loss as to how I can make the yellow pointer in Stereo or a little bit at depth or wherever it needs to be besides a mono image..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Getting Pointer in Game to go into 3D ?

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:46 pm Hey Guys,

I am looking at a flight sim game and the Pointer ingame (it is not tied to the Mouse Cursor) is not in stereo and it's main purpose it to be able to use this pointer to click things in the cockpit but it is hard to because it is in mono against a 3D image..

Now I thought it was tied to the mouse cursor ingame but it is not. I found the shader responsible but If I set that at Infinity the Pointer goes real far apart and is worse then before.. it is also tied with the HUD and MFD Info so I am unsure how to make the pointer itself goto Stereo without affecting the HUD..

here is a Screenshot the PointerI am talking about is a yellow x and to the Right of the HUD. I will also post the Shader responsible for the Pointer and HUD info.. I tried a few things but am at a loss as to how I can make the yellow pointer in Stereo or a little bit at depth or wherever it needs to be besides a mono image..
Try this :-)

[TOOL] Automatic HUD/UI Fix for 3D-Migoto - DX11 [V.1.00]

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25897
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi Losti,

I see this tool you mention is for a UI/HUD, mine is a yellow x cursor seen on the right of the F16 HUD, this yellow cursor moves all over the screen but is not tied to the Mouse cursor. this tool is what looks for a UI?? or did I miss something? I read the post you linked but I am not sure this will fix the cursor?
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Losti

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:19 am Hi Losti,

I see this tool you mention is for a UI/HUD, mine is a yellow x cursor seen on the right of the F16 HUD, this yellow cursor moves all over the screen but is not tied to the Mouse cursor. this tool is what looks for a UI?? or did I miss something? I read the post you linked but I am not sure this will fix the cursor?
If the cursor is hardware cursor you can also use the fix, because HW cursor 3D depth is build in from migoto and enabled in the fix. You dont need hunt shaders for HW cursor . Simply copy ofer the fix, start 0_3D-MIGOTO-DX11_Online-Fix_HudAndDisableShaders.cmd, start the game, in game use LCTRL + NUMPAD 0 to finish up. Now, just use the HUD/UI-DEPTH keys should push cursor into depth. If the cursor is a software cursor, mens have a shader, than you can add depth with this tool by the descriped way.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I think it was tied to the mouse cursor.. so it is in 3D now and I lowered convergence a bit and it looks fine now.. but not sure why it looks off like it does with the higher convergence setting?

@3DNovice, the game is Falcone 4 with the BMS 3.35.2 mod.. it is a f16 flight simulator. I did attatch the shader to my first post under the pic.. ;)
Losti

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:01 am Well I think it was tied to the mouse cursor.. so it is in 3D now and I lowered convergence a bit and it looks fine now.. but not sure why it looks off like it does with the higher convergence setting?

@3DNovice, the game is Falcone 4 with the BMS 3.35.2 mod.. it is a f16 flight simulator. I did attatch the shader to my first post under the pic.. ;)
Have u used my fix and its in depth now without shader modding or did you have added depth via the tool to a shader?

I mean: If this cross will scale with convergence, even without my fix, just post the shader and i can make a suggestion for controlled depth scaling, NOTE: NO AUTODEPTH possible without seeing the game, not even with my fix. Only static depth.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi Losti,

I looked at your fix and read the page and applied your fix and adjusted the mouse cursor depth and Voila Problem solved.. Thank you so much that tool is awesome.. I think I seen that before and forgot about it..

EDIT: I do have 1 issue right now and I can not figure out what happened. I had to undo the fix and reinstalled the 3D Migoto and Losti's fix and now the mouse cursor dissappears when I move it.. it did not do this before and I tried a few things but I can not get it working normal like it was before I screwed it all up.. What could cause the mouse cursor to dissapear on the main menu screens?
Losti

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:08 pm Hi Losti,

I looked at your fix and read the page and applied your fix and adjusted the mouse cursor depth and Voila Problem solved.. Thank you so much that tool is awesome.. I think I seen that before and forgot about it..

EDIT: I do have 1 issue right now and I can not figure out what happened. I had to undo the fix and reinstalled the 3D Migoto and Losti's fix and now the mouse cursor dissappears when I move it.. it did not do this before and I tried a few things but I can not get it working normal like it was before I screwed it all up.. What could cause the mouse cursor to dissapear on the main menu screens?
What do you have changed to the working setup before?

Can you send me your current setup. I mean d3dx.ini and the shadercache folder.

Is the cursor only off in Main menu and ok in game?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Losti wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:57 pm

A. Nothing I just uninstalled the fix and your tool and reinstalled it..

B. I will set the attachemnets in here look below.. There wass nothing in shadercache. I will send you the UI/ shader

C. Well the cursor shows up when I go around a menu selection but dissapears when in the open area? it is fine ingame..

EDIT: @ Losti, I tried resetting the fixseveral times and even reinstalled the game once. everytime I load your Tool in F4 the mouse cursor acts up. I am unsure but the first time I tried your tool it worked perfectly. I tried and retraced my steps from before and I am unsure what has changed, I went through the d3dx.ini several times too..

I am sure I did something wrong or set a settting in the ini file IDK. but I did not mess with any of the tool inis or whatnot to be sure it was as clean an install as possible.. I do get an error messaye about it changing the ini file and to hit f10 to reload and also get a VS error code let me see if I can get it again..

Thank you for the tool it worked real good but I am sure I might have configured something wrong as it did work the first time. maybe hitting F0 to reload whatever it did messed it up but I tried a clean install 3 times and reinstalled the F4 BMS once so I am not sure what to try?
Last edited by The_Nephilim on Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

3DNovice wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:08 pm Perhaps somehow it mistakenly ended being set as a toggle to skip the shader.

No the cursor is there it just disappears when not hovering over an action item like commit or goingtoo missions select.. it is there and when I move the cursor over the action buttons it appears.. so it is not skipped..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

The_Nephilim wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:40 pm
Losti wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:57 pm

A. Nothing I just uninstalled the fix and your tool and reinstalled it..

B. I will set the attachemnets in here look below.. There wass nothing in shadercache. I will send you the UI/ shader

C. Well the cursor shows up when I go around a menu selection but dissapears when in the open area? it is fine ingame..

EDIT: @ Losti, I tried resetting the fixseveral times and even reinstalled the game once. everytime I load your Tool in F4 the mouse cursor acts up. I am unsure but the first time I tried your tool it worked perfectly. I tried and retraced my steps from before and I am unsure what has changed, I went through the d3dx.ini several times too..

I am sure I did something wrong or set a settting in the ini file IDK. but I did not mess with any of the tool inis or whatnot to be sure it was as clean an install as possible.. I do get an error messaye about it changing the ini file and to hit f10 to reload and also get a VS error code let me see if I can get it again..

Thank you for the tool it worked real good but I am sure I might have configured something wrong as it did work the first time. maybe hitting F0 to reload whatever it did messed it up but I tried a clean install 3 times and reinstalled the F4 BMS once so I am not sure what to try?
@Losti, the error I get when launching the game is as follows:

"Warning: Unrecognised Entry: VS-t110 Resource depth buffer" whatever that may mean? is that a 3D migoto error?
Also the only thing I can think of is when I hit LCTRL + ZeroNumpad things went south quick..
Losti

Post by Losti »

The best way is to sove those things in discord chat.

I need your Shaderfixes folder and d3dx.ini
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

d3dx.ini
Shaderfixes.7z

well when would you be availble for discord? I posted the file in the attachemnet a few posts up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 am d3dx.ini

Shaderfixes.7z

well when would you be availble for discord? I posted the file in the attachemnet a few posts up
HM, i cant see any fundamental errors and tried your files in another game and its working fine. I have made little changes but im not sure if this will work.

Please completely save your current fix state and than copy this attached file over.

Im not sure about your changes in the d3dx.ini. To make sure its not an issue from there, i suggest completely remove your fix after saving it. Than install 3d migoto, than install and use my HUD fix tool as you allready have done before, and check the coursor.

Some things in your ini may cause the issue? If its OK without your personal changes there. Some things to track that draws a "?" over my head are:

Code: Select all

; allow_check_interface=1
allow_create_device=2

; allow_platform_update=1
==> if not needed to uncomment, remove the ; here

Also seems you are using a very old ini, may switch to new migoto and applyyour fix/changes you have made for fixing the game?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

is the latest version of 3D Migoto 1.3.16?? if so that is the version I am using not sure why it is an older ini? I am just going to nuke the PC from orbit and do a total windows install.. something is not right here..
Losti

Post by Losti »

The_Nephilim wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:37 am is the latest version of 3D Migoto 1.3.16?? if so that is the version I am using not sure why it is an older ini? I am just going to nuke the PC from orbit and do a total windows install.. something is not right here..
The ini looks not like 1.3.16 :-)

Just try install 1.3.16, make tue changes for your fix and than install tue hud fix.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Losti wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:48 am
The_Nephilim wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:37 am is the latest version of 3D Migoto 1.3.16?? if so that is the version I am using not sure why it is an older ini? I am just going to nuke the PC from orbit and do a total windows install.. something is not right here..
The ini looks not like 1.3.16 :-)

Just try install 1.3.16, make tue changes for your fix and than install tue hud fix.
Yes the wierd thing is I think the INI file keeps getting changed. I did just what you said and I put the 1.3.16 fix in and came out and the ini was changed to a different one which did not have the Mouse ini and all my settings I previously changed where back to default setting..

Like I set the Hide hardware cursor and when I went back it was set to default so something wierd is going on here and I think I might now the cause but I am going to need to reinstall windows to be sure..

I dont think your tool caused any issues I am unsure what is but even when I did not install your Tool I had no mouse in the VR Headset.. I installed your tool and it shows up but dissapears in the open area really wierd..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK I just wiped both SSD's and reinstalled a fresh copy of Win10, I am not even getting a mouse now. I will check the ini and see if anything is missing but this is really wierd so it was not my slimmed down version of Win 10 either..

I dont understand whi the first time I installed the game the mouse worked perfectly. I know if I install the HUD tool I will get a partial mouse back but still not sure why it is not there fully.. I will try and work the problem but all my guesses are done..

Going to check the ini and see if it still changes or will my saved files stay saved or will they go back to default.

EDIT: I am taking this to the discord channel.. thnx Losti :)
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I took the issue up with Bo3b as I think 3DFM is doing the omitting of the files in the ini for some strange reason. as it is omitting 10 lines and yes you guessed it the mouse.ini selecttion and that is what the issue is no mouse cursor in VR Headset..

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”