Deep Rock Galactic - awesome game and fix

Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Deep Rock Galactic - awesome game and fix

Post by Zappologist »

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/07/de ... actic.html

Thank you Losti for this awesome gift. This is by far the most fun coop game I've ever played in my life, it's really incredible that such a game even was ever made. Just the gameplay alone is enough to have fun for days, not even talking about character development, endgame, weapon mods, cosmetics, etc. Jumping into a mission and playing for 20 minutes is enough to just have pure fun from A to Z. I think this is my "game of the decade" !

I've noticed something, and I think I've seen this in other games in the past, probably something related to the universal fix: the health bar for enemies, and my own healthbar and shield, and any other progress bar in the game I think, they only show a "full" state, and and "empty" state, but nothing in between. This is not too big of a deal in this game, but I was just curious, is this something that's unavoidable due to some HUD fixing methods in the UE regexes? Or can it be tweaked to display the progressive states as well, even if it means the HUD will be screen depth? I would not mind HUD at screen depth as long as there's a dynamic crosshair.
Or is it linked to other settings (like, maybe it needs the highest AA setting to be selected?
Sorry if this is something known about the universal fix, I don't have much experience with it.

Another little observation from the fix guide at the blog. It mentions that right click is triggering aiming mode. But I don't this game has aiming, right click is the pickaxe mining key. Not sure if rightclicking really triggers low convergence, or maybe Losti has deactivated the shortcut. But it's not needed. For me personally this is not an issue, as for a realistic feel in this game I have to stay at a mere 40 convergence, and I guess there's not much difference between 40 and whatever low conv rightclicking might trigger.

It's strange to see no comments either here at MTBS or at the blog about this game. It has an overwhelmingly positive rating on Steam (not that this means much in itself), but this is a game that I think every games must play, that's how unique and fun and chill and amusing it is, respectful of your time, not encouraging grinding, no microtransactions, and positively hilarious at times. I've been gaming since the 80s and I don't think I've experienced something similar in the PVE coop genre. Besides all these other virtues, the fact that it is playable in 3D instantly makes it mandatory playing in my opinion.
Hope more and more people and especially 3D players get to experience this and maybe I'll meet some of you mining and killing bugs in the caverns of Hoxxes IV.

ROCK AND STONE, my 3D brothers!!!
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Deep Rock Galactic - awesome game and fix

Post by Losti »

Just use the current Universal fix that should solve the issues you mentioned. No need of the Blog post fix. Aim key is disabled by default. You can set lower convergence for r_button using the config tool if you need.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Re: Deep Rock Galactic - awesome game and fix

Post by Zappologist »

Thank you Losti for your advice, and for the fix updates. Now this game is even greater than before!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”