Phantom Abyss

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Phantom Abyss

Post by thebigdogma »

Normally I don't do Early Access, but...

First-person Indiana Jones-like "find the relic in the tomb-simulator?" I'm in!

Played the first level... graphics are pretty basic, so light hardware load and it is UE4.

One word of caution... game will crash, with or without the universal fix, unless you add "-d3d11" to the game's Steam launch options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Phantom Abyss

Post by Losti »

It will not crash with the Universal fix if you simply start it via config tool as told in the blog post. thats highly recommented for all games to set up suitible AA/AO settings and prevents temporal motion effects....up to you not to follow the rules but dont complain :-)
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Sorry Losti... wasn't complaining - just don't have it drilled into my brain that I should start every UE4 game with the .cmd! I'll get there... :D
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

thebigdogma wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:40 pm Sorry Losti... wasn't complaining - just don't have it drilled into my brain that I should start every UE4 game with the .cmd! I'll get there... :D
That was probably a little misunderstanding. I didn't mean that you complained, but that you can start games however you want, but in the case of UE4 games you shouldn't complain if something doesn't work because you didn't start the game with the config tool. This is simply a relief for you because you don't have to think about anything, like that with the -dx11, which you can of course also enter in the start line in the launcher.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”