Make any display working in 3D Vision?

zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Make any display working in 3D Vision?

Post by zaibaker »

Hello,

i want to know if we can make any display compatible with 3D Vision?

I pre-ordered a HMD (not a VR headset) with dual 1440p screen in Micro OLED that caps at 60hz, compatible with Frame Packing and SBS / T&B.

So, i'm curious to know if i can get it working with 3D Vision.

I really want to have all the 3D Vision fixed games in Helixmod blog working on it (DX9, OpenGL, Vulkan, Direct Mode games and DX11).
This is why i bought a 2080Ti.

So, i really want to know if i will be able to:

1) Make it seems like a 3D Vision display?

2) Play directly in Frame Packing mode with Full Resolution ?

3) Use 3D Vision Direct Mode games, like Tomb Raider, Trine etc. ?

4) Play with SBS or Top & Bottom modes ?

If i remember right, we can fake Nvidia with an EDID to make it viewed as 3D Vision certified ?
5) Can i found or build one that suits the screen of the HMD, 1440p@60hz ?

6) If so, will it only work for DX11 games who offer SBS thanks to 3D Migoto?

7) Or any other method too?

8) Since i'm on this topic of SBS shader, i saw that Helixvision offer a way to get Half Side by Side resolution back to it's Full resolution, is it actually the case for 3D Migoto?
Next up I'm going to add the Reshade UI to VR view, and should be able to make it stereo.

After that I plan to add DX12 support. You can already run DX12 using SuperDepth3D_VR+ and BlueSkyDefender's CompanionApp however. He has a new Super3DMode which gives you full Side-by-Side using color channel compression.
Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1127310/ ... 3107408547

9) Will i have to buy the 3D Vision pyramid to get it working ?

Please tell us if there is hope to have 3D Vision fully working on non certified 3D Vision devices.

Thank you.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Make any display working in 3D Vision?

Post by masterotaku »

Use HelixVision. With that, you don't have to buy any other piece of hardware.

HelixVision uses 3D Vision Discover (anaglyph) without the coloration as the base to get the image into VR (for DX9 and DX11 games), so it's full resolution per eye and SBS conversion isn't needed.

Game compatibility should be close to 100% of the fixed DX11, OpenGL and Vulkan games (for Vulkan you can also use Vk3DVision in VR by itself).

Compatibility for DX9 is hit and miss, because games need to be converted to DX9ex and some of them don't like that change.

For DX9, a 3D Vision monitor / TV / projector that supports pure 3D Vision is the best option to get full compatibility.
zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

Thank you for the reply.

Not sure it will work in HelixVision, since for the moment it's not a VR device supported by SteamVR or in OpenXR.
I asked there if it is possible or not already.

And elsewhere i asked people if we can make a driver for a HMD to get it compatible with VR.

About your last sentence, it means that non certified 3D Vision display will not support DX9?
Maybe even when faking the detection?

I'm afraid if without certified device i will not be able to enjoy games using direct mode.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, too busy.

I pre-ordered the Cinera Edge Pro in Kickstarter, when Bo3b showed it there: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25154

I asked there this without any reply:
zaibaker wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:13 am
bo3bber wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:00 pmShould be possible and pretty easy to get 3D Vision on this. It will probably support SBS out of the box.
SBS feature will limit us about the games, is there any alternative?

EDID can make it you think even with 60hz screen?
Frame packing can be activated with 3D Vision?

Please share the solutions you see, maybe i will get one finally if it can make as 3D monitor ;).
Hey,

5 days left, can anyone share a hint for getting 3D vision work on this HMD with 60hz OLED screen please?

I really want to know if there is a way outside of using SBS.

By the way, can HelixVision send such signal (SBS or TaB) to any hdmi device to play games in 3D without VR headset?
It will be cool, because this must be clearer than VR headset on market.

I hope to see a reply before the end of the KS :s.
Thanks in advance.
It supports HDMI in, in Frame Packing and also SBS / Top & Bottom by default.

The EDIDs will not fit since the resolution aren't the same i suppose? 1080p vs 1440p.

I wonder if we can make a custom one to fit 3D Vision and 1440p.

As i told in HelixVision forum, i made this last one work in a clunky way nor optimal by doing this:
1) Use a real VR headset with Virtual Desktop showing the desktop view.
2) Launch SteamVR with Display VR View window (in Side by Side format) on the screen that i want to use for stereoscopic mode
3) Use Side by Side on the 3D capable screen (but not certified 3dVision nor SteamVR)

Bo3b just replied me about my idea of getting any HMD working for SteamVR:
(...)
There's no way to get full resolution for the SBS format, because it's defined by the HDMI spec to be half resolution. However, if you set it to 1440p, you will get a full 1440p, with half for each perspective. Best format to use in this type of case is Top And Bottom, because we are less sensitive to losing vertical resolution.

You can often get SBS or TAB working out of DX11 games using DarkStarSword's SBS shader. But DX9 and OpenGL games will not work this way. I've tested this on an Avengant Glyph which is a similar sort of SBS HMD.

If your headset supports frame packing, then it will work correctly for any 3D Vision game, including anything fixed via HelixMod, and you would use the PlayIn3D button in hacker-mode. In frame packing, 3D Vision Driver does the display, and will do full resolution. If you can do this, it will show up as Generic CRT in the display type.
It seems i will have to buy the 3D pyramid emitter right to get the Generic CRT mode?
zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, too busy.

I pre-ordered the Cinera Edge Pro in Kickstarter, when Bo3b showed it there: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25154

I asked there this without any reply:
zaibaker wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:13 am
bo3bber wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:00 pmShould be possible and pretty easy to get 3D Vision on this. It will probably support SBS out of the box.
SBS feature will limit us about the games, is there any alternative?

EDID can make it you think even with 60hz screen?
Frame packing can be activated with 3D Vision?

Please share the solutions you see, maybe i will get one finally if it can make as 3D monitor ;).
Hey,

5 days left, can anyone share a hint for getting 3D vision work on this HMD with 60hz OLED screen please?

I really want to know if there is a way outside of using SBS.

By the way, can HelixVision send such signal (SBS or TaB) to any hdmi device to play games in 3D without VR headset?
It will be cool, because this must be clearer than VR headset on market.

I hope to see a reply before the end of the KS :s.
Thanks in advance.
It supports HDMI in, in Frame Packing and also SBS / Top & Bottom by default.

The EDIDs will not fit since the resolution aren't the same i suppose? 1080p vs 1440p.

I wonder if we can make a custom one to fit 3D Vision and 1440p.

As i told in HelixVision forum, i made this last one work in a clunky way nor optimal by doing this:
1) Use a real VR headset with Virtual Desktop showing the desktop view.
2) Launch SteamVR with Display VR View window (in Side by Side format) on the screen that i want to use for stereoscopic mode
3) Use Side by Side on the 3D capable screen (but not certified 3dVision nor SteamVR)

Bo3b just replied me about my idea of getting any HMD working for SteamVR:
Sorry, no good way to get that working on other HMD if they do not support SteamVR. We use SteamVR as the fundamental VR software, and it is part of Unity, so not something easy to change.

HelixVision is based on 3DFM, and you can use SBS modes for a lot of games, where you set the output to be a specific display type. You might experiment with the Settings->DisplayProfiles, and set one of those displays up to be SBS like a 3D TV might be.

There's no way to get full resolution for the SBS format, because it's defined by the HDMI spec to be half resolution. However, if you set it to 1440p, you will get a full 1440p, with half for each perspective. Best format to use in this type of case is Top And Bottom, because we are less sensitive to losing vertical resolution.

You can often get SBS or TAB working out of DX11 games using DarkStarSword's SBS shader. But DX9 and OpenGL games will not work this way. I've tested this on an Avengant Glyph which is a similar sort of SBS HMD.

If your headset supports frame packing, then it will work correctly for any 3D Vision game, including anything fixed via HelixMod, and you would use the PlayIn3D button in hacker-mode. In frame packing, 3D Vision Driver does the display, and will do full resolution. If you can do this, it will show up as Generic CRT in the display type.
It seems i will have to buy the 3D pyramid emitter right to get the Generic CRT mode?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

3DNovice wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:29 pm
zaibaker wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:06 am I pre-ordered the Cinera Edge Pro in Kickstarter, when Bo3b showed it there: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25154

Perhaps not, it should be readily recognized as 3DTV Play, in which case you might be able to use the registry hack.
(...)
Even for a 60hz screen only?
In your quotes, i see people talking about 120hz, i really hope it will work when i will be able to try.

I will give updates all the threads i spoke about the device in the future.

Thank you very much for all those informations.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

Hello,

still no production, i will be back when i receive it without a doubt.

I hope first semester of 2022.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”