Anyway to stop defaulting the R Mouse button to "aiming"

greg02
Cross Eyed!

Anyway to stop defaulting the R Mouse button to "aiming"

Post by greg02 »

I know I have no right to complain as I am just an occasional donator to the fixers.
Sadly trying to remove the "right button changing depth" is now impossible (referring to Universal fixes)
Even updating to the latest version of everything through 3DFM the CMD file says something is not up to date so you can't change settings.

Changing the settings when it worked worked fine, but does every game have to have that obnoxious right mouse changes the depth as a default setting?? it is headache inducing!
I mean how many of the games we're playing are 1st person shooters? Would it be possilbe for those applying the fix to a 1st person shooter and actually wants that
headache inducing shift on the right mouse button that *they* can go in and change settings?

Sadly there is no way to get rid of it now I just applied the fix to Darksiders Genesis and its unplayable. Its like hammering a nail into your eyes everytime you hit right mouse button.

If its an easy fix would love an updated version of the unviversal fixes that don't have that set by default. Again big thanks and I'll be sure to donate if my demands are met! :mrgreen:
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Anyway to stop defaulting the R Mouse button to "aiming"

Post by Losti »

Just remove the key setting for r_button or Change key = r_button to another key.

Btw any ue4 game fix at the blog have a config tool to Change depth for aiming to whatever you want e.g. 0 conv. Change. Just read the Universal fix Post.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Losti wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:25 pm Just remove the key setting for r_button or Change key = r_button to another key.

Btw any ue4 game fix at the blog have a config tool to Change depth for aiming to whatever you want e.g. 0 conv. Change. Just read the Universal fix Post.
The config tool doesn't work it says the restore folder was not found then when you hit Y it closes. I uninstalled the universal fix from Darksiders Genesis and reinstalled directly through the 3D FIX manager.

I just want to set that shift to 0 is there some way to change it in another file without using the Tool? You said change key = r button to another key or remove the setting is there some other text file where I can do that or are you referring to not using the right mouse button in the game, i.e. changing that function to some other key and not using the right mouse at all?

Thanks
Losti

Post by Losti »

greg02 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:59 am
Losti wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:25 pm Just remove the key setting for r_button or Change key = r_button to another key.

The config tool doesn't work it says the restore folder was not found then when you hit Y it closes. I uninstalled the universal fix from Darksiders Genesis and reinstalled directly through the 3D FIX manager.

I just want to set that shift to 0 is there some way to change it in another file without using the Tool? You said change key = r button to another key or remove the setting is there some other text file where I can do that or are you referring to not using the right mouse button in the game, i.e. changing that function to some other key and not using the right mouse at all?

Thanks

Seems you have installed the fix wrong or 3dfm has destroyed my config tool by chaning things in the d3dx.ini, i hate this tool for that!!!!!!! Because the user is forced to use 3DFM and cannot do things manually if the game was started once by 3dfm....But i have solved those issues within the latest universal fix and some updates but GENESIS was not updated oficially ------ i can see now so if the game was started once by 3DFM my config tool will not work anmyore in this old version of it ----- because i have made my decission for my channel progression to do fixes or help here. I can see genesis is based on a very old UNIVERSAL fix. Just try Version 3.60 instead of the posted genesis fix.

If this is not cool for you, you can join me for the updated fix:

How to Join me to get the fix?
· Register to 3D-Vision Discord Channel if you haven’t already - https://discord.gg/tXHYhNK
. Send me some donation via PayPal (http://paypal.me/Losti3D)
. Send me your Discord name
. Send me a Discord private message
. wait until I give you access
· Enter the channel lostis_room and check the pinned messages for the Watch Dogs: Legion fix

==> NOTE: It should be cool and the aim will be 0 by default with UE4-UF 3.60 but im not sure about the updates i have done more here for the update @ my channel. Just try. AND DO NOT USE 3DFM (in this case because you need to install UE4-UF2-3.60 MANUALLY for this game, not the fix 3DFM provides to you!).

PS: d3dx.ini in the fix installation folder is your way to go to make individual changes for keys ETC.

-open it
-search for "[Key_" (w/o "") and you will find the keys defined in the key section
- nearly all games i have posted for UE4 have set AIM CONVERGENCE to 0 by default by RBUTTON or XB_LEFT_TRIGGER, any older fix i have missed or not updated may have changes in convergence.
- you can see the convergence changes (in %) by searching for [CommandListAim]
- here you can see, ref. the old genesis fix: convergence = 0.33
- this means convergence is mult by 0.33 means if 99 it will be 33
- set this to 1.0 to have NO changes in convergence for example
- you can also delete a key setup by deleting the lines below the [Key_ ........... until the next new free line, means if you delete the

Code: Select all

[Key_Aim_KB]
key = RBUTTON
type = hold
;x24=1.0
run = CommandListAim
;;;If auto Convergence is not working good for aiming and you need a static convergence for aiming, please uncomment the next line! (only remove the ";")
;$LowConvKey = 1.0
from the old genesis fix, you also have no changes in convergence by RBUTTON
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Thank you very much Losti! You are a huge help and thanks so much for helping all of us! In this case I will just make the change in the directX folder thanks for pointing me to it. 3D FIx Manager saved my a** especially after I finally had to bite the bullet and accept windows 10 update that forced 452.XX. You guys are all a big help and much appreciated!
Losti

Post by Losti »

greg02 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:13 am Thank you very much Losti! You are a huge help and thanks so much for helping all of us! In this case I will just make the change in the directX folder thanks for pointing me to it. 3D FIx Manager saved my a** especially after I finally had to bite the bullet and accept windows 10 update that forced 452.XX. You guys are all a big help and much appreciated!
Do not missunderstand me, 3DFM is a loving great tool, i only hate that 3DFM makes changes in the d3dx.ini that is in conflict with my BATCH CONFIG script for UE4 games :-) But wince UE4-UF2-V3.60 it will restore the things if 3DFM was here (game started with it) but its still a pitty and the user is unsecured because of the messges.....And it coss me time to iplement the check and the repair ....

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”