Sonic Omens..Unreal engine game..LOSTI please look into

narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Sonic Omens..Unreal engine game..LOSTI please look into

Post by narhicfd »

LOSTI, if you get the chance would you look into this fanmade Sonic game created Feb, last year called "Sonic Omens". A lot of work into it with beautiful cut scenes that would make you think Sega produced it.. It's Made using unreal engine 4 and it's a BEAUTIFUL game.

https://gamejolt.com/games/SonicOmens/469351

YouTube gameplay:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRfKVx2eFI

Won't play in 3D. Error message: ".....engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost..." If you could make the update I believe it would bring in donations. I'm not even sure how many people are aware of this great game.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Sonic Omens..Unreal engine game..LOSTI please look into

Post by Losti »

May be the first you should try is a suitible 3D driver setup. Please check this using 3DFM or the driver changer tool from the driver forum here.

Im not interedted in this game. But im am pretty sure that the Problem is not with the UE4-UV2.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

I actually used 3Dfix manager and set up a profile with the unreal engine fix avail on it but it wouldn't work. Same issue that game had " The Last Show of Mr. Chardish" untill you fixed it. Beautifully game and would love to see in working 3D. Sonic Omens was released in Feb, 2020 so not sure why the Unreal Engine 4 fix on 3Dfix manager isn't working.
Losti

Post by Losti »

narhicfd wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:52 pm I actually used 3Dfix manager and set up a profile with the unreal engine fix avail on it but it wouldn't work. Same issue that game had " The Last Show of Mr. Chardish" untill you fixed it. Beautifully game and would love to see in working 3D. Sonic Omens was released in Feb, 2020 so not sure why the Unreal Engine 4 fix on 3Dfix manager isn't working.
Because of your driver.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

So maybe try a diff driver then 452.06 which is last working 3Dvision driver with hack??
Losti

Post by Losti »

narhicfd wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:13 pm So maybe try a diff driver then 452.06 which is last working 3Dvision driver with hack??
Use this tool to check and or install:

viewtopic.php?p=174167#p174167

Im pretty sure driver hack is not installed for you.

And yes 452.06 with driver Hack is ok. But if you crash ue 4 games than it is not active.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I agree, looks like the typical hack error, activate it on 3DFM and voila, this happens with all UE4 games nowadays.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

skyrimer wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:56 am I agree, looks like the typical hack error, activate it on 3DFM and voila, this happens with all UE4 games nowadays.
Doesn't 3Dfix manager by default have it activated?? I have no prob playing my other games in 3D. Skyrimer, are you confirming that even with hack enabled Unreal Engine game still crash and give that message? Or that I don't have it enabled which is what is causing prob??
Losti

Post by Losti »

narhicfd wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:57 am
skyrimer wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:56 am I agree, looks like the typical hack error, activate it on 3DFM and voila, this happens with all UE4 games nowadays.
Doesn't 3Dfix manager by default have it activated?? I have no prob playing my other games in 3D. Skyrimer, are you confirming that even with hack enabled Unreal Engine game still crash and give that message? Or that I don't have it enabled which is what is causing prob??
Nope its not enabled by default in 3DFM. Check the settings to enable the driver Hack Slider to be visible
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Losti wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:21 pm
narhicfd wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:57 am
Nope its not enabled by default in 3DFM. Check the settings to enable the driver Hack Slider to be visible
Wired though, I have a fanmade MegaMan legend reboot type game which uses unreal engine 4 and it starts no option. I've looked through the 3Dfix manager I can't seem to find that setting. Normally I just click to play game in 3D for unreal engine 4 mega man's legend and it starts. I'll look in the setting and see if can find it.
Losti

Post by Losti »

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ouKCLb3hEqk/ ... ttings.PNG

Check this screenshot. Some of the options in the left upper Part of the settings will Show up the Slider for driver Hack down below the 3D slider
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

You were right. I had to turn driver hack on. Unfortunately, the game doesn't render shadows and other things at proper distance and not desirable in 3D..☹️☹️
Losti

Post by Losti »

narhicfd wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:20 am You were right. I had to turn driver hack on. Unfortunately, the game doesn't render shadows and other things at proper distance and not desirable in 3D..☹️☹️
If you start the config tool you should see the UE4 engine version there, what is it ??
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Losti wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:31 am
narhicfd wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:20 am You were right. I had to turn driver hack on. Unfortunately, the game doesn't render shadows and other things at proper distance and not desirable in 3D..☹️☹️
If you start the config tool you should see the UE4 engine version there, what is it ??
According to config tool and 3Dfix manager, it's version 3.60 from Dec 13, 2020

Here's quick 3D gameplay video I posted on YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ukZwIc0mS5U

Plays in standered 3D(with artifacts)but will not play in compatibility mode. Says unable to find entry points convergence and separation.
Losti

Post by Losti »

narhicfd wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Plays in standered 3D(with artifacts)but will not play in compatibility mode. Says unable to find entry points convergence and separation.
I do not mean the Version of the config tool i mean the Unreal Engine 4 Version the game is using. It should be Display in the config tool Main menu
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Losti wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:56 pm
narhicfd wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 pm

I do not mean the Version of the config tool i mean the Unreal Engine 4 Version the game is using. It should be Display in the config tool Main menu
This is all that is shown in my config file command:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chgNDm85fs4
Losti

Post by Losti »

Please reinstall the fix manually. You installed it wrong (or 3DFM) as you can read. Everything you need is written in the fix Post at helix blog.

Or the game is not common UE4 or 32 bit if you installed it right. Check the fix Post to ensure choosing the right folder.
Losti

Post by Losti »

ARGHHHHHHHH and some of you wonder why i am going crazy??? I HATE IT trying to help, offer solutions, asking questions to get a clue of your issues and at some point SOOOOOOO F.UCKING OFTEN....SILENCE.....
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Losti wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:29 pm ARGHHHHHHHH and some of you wonder why i am going crazy??? I HATE IT trying to help, offer solutions, asking questions to get a clue of your issues and at some point SOOOOOOO F.UCKING OFTEN....SILENCE.....
Losti, Sorry, I haven't gotten to it yet under the impression that your concern for the game was not quite as important. Also, know that my work schedule is busy during week from work and weekends aquire other stuff and diving in to even the smallest research can be difficult. I will follow your advice and do your suggestion next weekend and let you know. Sorry, please forgive me for lack of response but it by no means appathly. Still only member of forum for less then year and learning the importance of stuff. I am appreciative your help...A LOT.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Ok, I am just curiouse for your response:-) Thanks.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Losti, I downloaded the Unreal Engine 4 Universal Fix from the main Helix Mod, instead of using the 3Dfix manager. after manual install of Universal fix, I started the game and it looked GREAT in 3D, NO issues. I may have done something wrong when setting up a profile on 3Dfix Manager or maybe the unreal engine fix that gets installed by 3dfix Manager is an older one. Since its works in 3D now did you still want to know which version of Unreal Engine 4 the game uses??
Losti

Post by Losti »

Nope if everything is working i dont need that Information.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”