[3D-Fix] Outriders - EAC-free-Singleplayer - V 2.00 [DX-11]

Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

[3D-Fix] Outriders - EAC-free-Singleplayer - V 2.00 [DX-11]

Post by Losti »

Last edited by Losti on Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
maddcatt
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: [3D-Fix] Outriders - EAC-free-Singleplayer - V 1.00 [DX-11]

Post by maddcatt »

Hi Losti,
I made the donations. My discord id is Vengeance#3571
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for the outstanding fix, Losti! I am starting the 4th mission (solo), and the v1.3 fix has been flawless, so far. I am surprised that the game has not received better reviews - the story and combat have been quite good...
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Losti wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:11 am First of all:
Only available for my supporters @lostis_room @3D-Vision Discord!
(This fix will not be published @ the Helix Mod blog nor in 3DFM!)
Losti, does the donation system you have set up work to access all of your newer fixes, or a donation by donation basis to access different game fixes?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Oh you are right its not corretly explained. All fixes, updates etc.
Losti

Re: [3D-Fix] Outriders - EAC-free-Singleplayer - V 2.00 [DX-11]

Post by Losti »

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Nice Losti, I will test it soon 8)
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Thanks Losti the game is more performing.

For those who do not want to see the useless dot in the center of the screen
add

[ShaderOverride_Disablepuntinomirino]
Hash=e0caafe36e10e2dc
handling=skip

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

maurizioclaudio21 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 am Thanks Losti the game is more performing.

add

Hash=e0caafe36e10e2dc
handling=skip

Thanks Maurizio, so if you want a toggle On/Off key for crosshair:

[Key_DisableCrosshair]
key=XB_DPAD_UP
type=toggle
x95=1.0

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_2]
hash=e0caafe36e10e2dc
if x95==1.0
handling=skip
endif

Talking about Losti, you said you will implement a crosshair ON/OFF toggle in you UF?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Chtiblue wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:54 am
maurizioclaudio21 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 am Thanks Losti the game is more performing.

add

Hash=e0caafe36e10e2dc
handling=skip

Thanks Maurizio, so if you want a toggle On/Off key for crosshair:

[Key_DisableCrosshair]
key=XB_DPAD_UP
type=toggle
x95=1.0

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_2]
hash=e0caafe36e10e2dc
if x95==1.0
handling=skip
endif

Talking about Losti, you said you will implement a crosshair ON/OFF toggle in you UF?
This shader is game speciffic so only working for this game. I have added a on of for complete or partial HUD to uf. No way to to do only crosshair related things Universal. And for the Shader above, make sure it not disble other HUD Elements.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Hi Losti, finally got this game to give it a try with your fix. The game is really great, your fix is perfect, thank you so much for your work on this!!!

Another reason I wanted to try this game is because I started to get curious to see if UE games fixed by the universal fix in general can be made to work Geo-11 (as I've always felt that these games for some reason were a bit lacking in performance, no matter the hardware)
Before trying Outriders, I tried The Beast Within, and I'm happy to say that Geo-11 worked perfectly. I just dumped the UE files in the root directory, then I added the three Geo-11 files and it simply worked.
However, when I tried with Outriders it did not work.
First, I had an issue with the your installer, which complained about not finding a file or folder. I don't know how to fix that, but at least using the "Play in 3D" button in 3DFM seems to make it work (though there's always a pop up from Steam asking to confirm a "-DX11" command).
So, I've somehow made you fix work which is great, but performance is not smooth in general, which happens with all UE games I think.

The annoying thing is that I cannot make it work with Geo-11. If I use force_stereo 2 only one eye renders. And the dm.ini options don't seem to matter. The direct modes make the game lose focus and I cannot get the game window back. DX11 is ok to enter the game, but the Geo-11 overlay does not appear, only the Universal Fix is active. So it seems that Geo-11 is not triggered.
Maybe this is due to your fix activating different files in addition to dxd3.ini, or maybe having a different injection/wrapping mechanism?

If you or anyone else has any suggestion of how to make this game work with Geo-11 I'd really appreciate it. I'll try to keep playing it for a couple more missions, but without good performance usually my enjoyment drops and I move on.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Losti, you can ignore.
I searched the Discord and saw that other people already raised issues with Outsiders + Geo-11, and saw your comment that you will not investigate until stereo heuristics are more mature. So unless you have an idea already as to why Geo-11 does not even trigger at all, we'll just wait patiently and see what the future brings. I'm having fun with the game already, and it's all thanks to your hard work!
The only other test I can do is to uninstall you fix and try to use the universal fix instead, with+ Geo-11, and see if the same happens. The only thing I don't understand is the EAC skip. I'm not sure what you did to bypass EAC, and without your custom Outriders fix the EAC might not be bypassed.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Dont use the Universal fix just the fix posted and add geo11. If there are issues you have to wait a bit.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

In case this motivates someone, I've somehow made it work.
I've added command "-dx11" to Steam, and I'm starting the game from right-clicking the Steam icon in the quick bar and selecting from recent games.
Only DX11 mode works. Direct modes lose the game focus and you cannot get it back.
Also, the d3dx.ini file must be modified with "rasterizer_disable_scissor = 0" as per Losti's comments from Helixblog, to avoid strange vignette and missing textures/items in the menus.

The fix behaviour is a bit different, but still works perfectly. F2 no longer brings up Losti's OSD. Shortcuts for autoconvergence and probably several other more advanced features don't work. HUD off, cursor depth, convergence presets still work.
Shift-F6 shows the depth and convergence values, and it's basically the only proof I have that Geo-11 is active. That, and the great performance, of course. Though sometimes it drops a bit in the main hub, a bit like Days Gone, probably due to how UE works.
The game looks drop dead gorgeous, the gameplay is great, the story is interesting (less the acting, and the writing from the journal entries, probably not native speakers), the moment to moment action and the general loop are modern and entertaining, but I'm still only level 11 or 12, I did not get into modding/crafting/builds yet.
I'm glad I gave it a chance, for Eur19 it's a no brainer. Of course, only if you can play it in 3D. And we have Losti to thank for that!
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Zappologist wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:44 am In case this motivates someone, I've somehow made it work.
I've added command "-dx11" to Steam, and I'm starting the game from right-clicking the Steam icon in the quick bar and selecting from recent games.
Only DX11 mode works. Direct modes lose the game focus and you cannot get it back.
Also, the d3dx.ini file must be modified with "rasterizer_disable_scissor = 0" as per Losti's comments from Helixblog, to avoid strange vignette and missing textures/items in the menus.

The fix behaviour is a bit different, but still works perfectly. F2 no longer brings up Losti's OSD. Shortcuts for autoconvergence and probably several other more advanced features don't work. HUD off, cursor depth, convergence presets still work.
Shift-F6 shows the depth and convergence values, and it's basically the only proof I have that Geo-11 is active. That, and the great performance, of course. Though sometimes it drops a bit in the main hub, a bit like Days Gone, probably due to how UE works.
The game looks drop dead gorgeous, the gameplay is great, the story is interesting (less the acting, and the writing from the journal entries, probably not native speakers), the moment to moment action and the general loop are modern and entertaining, but I'm still only level 11 or 12, I did not get into modding/crafting/builds yet.
I'm glad I gave it a chance, for Eur19 it's a no brainer. Of course, only if you can play it in 3D. And we have Losti to thank for that!
So you're talking about the original fix with geo-11 added, right? Did you have any sky/cloud-depth issues in the opening sequence?

For me it worked with UF2 as well, but there were menu issues + those cloud issues.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Yes, I'm talking about Losti's great fix (customised version of the Universal fix) with Geo-11 added. Everything is perfect shader wise (crosshair's auto-depth furthest position is clamped quite close unfortunately so it can be difficult to get headshots reliably) and of course due to Geo-11 performance is incredible for a UE game, especially with such great visuals.

I wanted to test Geo-11 with the main universal fix myself but it was tricky enough to make it work with the original fix and I don't want to mess with that as long as it works (yesterday it stopped working for a bit, so it feels like there's no rhyme nor reason, although I've noticed that this engine is sensitive to certain Windows processes, and my OS is constantly updating something no matter what settings I selected - metered connection , etc).
If you tried with the universal fix, you can expect menu/sky or other issues since, as you know, it does not perfectly fix all games. Sometimes it needs to the tweaked on a game by game basis.
Strange that it works at all, in fact, since I think Outriders needs EAC disabled, and unless you did this manually somehow (I did not find any command lines suggestions on the web, maybe changes in the registry?) I would not expect UE2 to do this automatically.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Im sorry that i cannot adress the things this year.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Losti, you have nothing to say "Sorry" for. We are the ones to say "Thank you!". Always.

For anyone that tries this game, I've now understood what happens here. I keep forgetting that UE games behave a bit strangely, often they appear crashed or unresponsive, and as often, the solution is simply to ... do nothing.

So, even if it seemed to me that the game window focus was lost, it turns out that it comes back after a minute or so.
I've now confirmed this works for Geo-11, both the DX11 mode and the direct mode (only tried interlaced)
Most of Losti's features and shortcuts are still active. Direct mode doesn't allow switching between 3D and 2D with Ctrl+T, or taking screenshots, but I think that's just how it works.

I probably would have never tried this great game, without Geo-11. I have the misfortune of being too sensitive to game performance, and I've struggled with this forever, especially after discovering 3D.
I still cannot believe that Geo-11 occurred during my lifetime.
Great fix, thanks Losti!
And great Geo-11 driver, thanks Dave/Bo3b/all!
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

for those who have strange artifacts to add

[ShaderOverride_Disableartifatti]
Hash=d60bb5997b87697e
handling=skip

thanks Losti and all
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Could anyone share Losti's Outriders fix?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

See viewtopic.php?t=26588.

Looks like the fix link at top of thread and helixmod.blogspot content have been restored. Thanks, Losti/bo3b!
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Great!
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

@Chtiblue - I believe you are now playing games with your 4090 via geo-11, and you are still using your C6 for display? I started playing the expansion DLC today, and every version of geo-11 dlls I tried (0.6.56, 0.6.84,0.6.90) had some type of display issue in Top/Bottom mode for this game. Setting "rasterizer_disable_scissor = 0" did not help. However, Losti's Migoto version, using my older 2080Ti with EDID mod, still works perfectly. Are you finding any Outriders problems like one dark eye in your setup?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

whyme466 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:49 am Are you finding any Outriders problems like one dark eye in your setup?
Still my old 2080Ti but yeah with my C6 I'm playing with lastest nvidia driver and so only with Geo-11.
So I had one black eye problem etc till Losti give me today the workaround to play this game with UF 9.12:
"I think there was something false positive fixed. Might try copy the shader fixes content from the Outriders fix to the shaderfixes from the installed 9.12 but do not overwrite things"

And it seems to work perfect, the clouds/sky are fixed! To see the menu you need put your mouse on it to malke it appear.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Unfortunately, I still have the dark eye problem, along with some missing menu text, when using UF9.12 and Outriders shaderfixes. Which version of the geo-11 dlls are you using? I used the dlls in the UF 9.12 fix and those from 0.6.84. I used GEO11.cmd to initialize, and selected Top/Bottom format.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Yeah I have the missing menu issue but no dark eye problem, in game 3D is perfect except HUD not exact depth with some elemens.
I use UF 9.12 geo-11 dll because d3dx need some modofication with news Geo-11dll for UF UE4 to properly work.
You should uninstall fix then proper UF9.12 with shaderfixes from Outriders's fix without Overwrite things
I'm using Geo11 cmd with interlaced mode
Losti

Post by Losti »

You need to edit d3dx.ini if you are using UF 9.12 as base fix and set rasterizer_disable_scissor = 1 to rasterizer_disable_scissor = 0. BUT: Normally it sould be cool to use the base fix and only add geo11 ddls here and change the well know things in d3dx.ini like force_Stereo and upscaling, issnt it working than?
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

@Losti - I have tried everything (see above) - rasterizer_disable_scissor=0, force_Stereo=2 and upscaling=1, and so on. I have not found a way to eliminate the dark right eye with geo-11, so I must revert to original (excellent) Migoto version.
@Chtiblu - I overrode folder contents. I will try WITHOUT override during merge.

Update: UF 9.12 with non-override merge of original Outriders ShaderFixes content still had one dark eye. Line-interlaced mode also had one dark eye. I have not found a workable geo-11 mode for my E6 (same basic display as Chtiblu's C6). I am using 526.98 currently with my 3080Ti for geo-11 gaming, with no prior issue like this.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Thanks Losti "rasterizer_disable_scissor=0" fixes the Black menu issues 8)
Cheers ^^
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Like in Jedi, remember to desactivate anti aliasing in option to have a beautyfull game without artifacts 8)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

I only add this to d3dx.ini to disable crosshair not needed in game (and it doesn't disable crosshair for weapons ^^) and a key to toggle Markers On/Off:

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_Cross]
hash=e0caafe36e10e2dc
handling=skip

[Key_DisableMarker]
key=XB_DPAD_LEFT
type=toggle
x95=1.0

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_marker]
hash=c3514cfa81c60290
if x95==1.0
handling=skip
endif
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

So a little recap for new users to play Outriders with Geo-11 in awesome 3D, HDR works also greatly :geek:

copy the shader fixes content from the Outriders fix to the shaderfixes from the installed UF V9.12 but do not overwrite things"

change this in d3dx to avoig missing menus:
rasterizer_disable_scissor = 1 to rasterizer_disable_scissor = 0

add this to d3dx.ini to disable crosshair not needed in game (and it doesn't disable the crosshair for weapons ^^) and a key to toggle Markers On/Off:

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_Cross]
hash=e0caafe36e10e2dc
handling=skip

[Key_DisableMarker]
key=XB_DPAD_LEFT
type=toggle
x95=1.0

[ShaderOverride_DISABLE_marker]
hash=c3514cfa81c60290
if x95==1.0
handling=skip
endif

And remember to disable AA in game's options
Last edited by Chtiblue on Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djgrege
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by djgrege »

whyme466 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:49 am @Chtiblue - I believe you are now playing games with your 4090 via geo-11, and you are still using your C6 for display? I started playing the expansion DLC today, and every version of geo-11 dlls I tried (0.6.56, 0.6.84,0.6.90) had some type of display issue in Top/Bottom mode for this game. Setting "rasterizer_disable_scissor = 0" did not help. However, Losti's Migoto version, using my older 2080Ti with EDID mod, still works perfectly. Are you finding any Outriders problems like one dark eye in your setup?
Dark eye problem might be because you've got DLSS enabled. I had it too, turned off DLSS and no more dark eye.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

@djgrege - thanks - that was the problem! I did not notice DLSS setting (I always disable, but not this time).
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

djgrege wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:51 am
whyme466 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:49 am @Chtiblue - I believe you are now playing games with your 4090 via geo-11, and you are still using your C6 for display? I started playing the expansion DLC today, and every version of geo-11 dlls I tried (0.6.56, 0.6.84,0.6.90) had some type of display issue in Top/Bottom mode for this game. Setting "rasterizer_disable_scissor = 0" did not help. However, Losti's Migoto version, using my older 2080Ti with EDID mod, still works perfectly. Are you finding any Outriders problems like one dark eye in your setup?
Dark eye problem might be because you've got DLSS enabled. I had it too, turned off DLSS and no more dark eye.
Yeah DLSS isn't working in any 3Dvision/Geo games
Poligraphovich
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Poligraphovich »

whyme466 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:55 pm content still had one dark eye. Line-interlaced mode also had one dark eye
Turn off NVidia DLSS in game graphic settings
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Yeah, works perfectly and looks gorgeous!!! Will be a fun SP campaign :)
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”