[OGL3DVision] Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood "Remastered" Stereo3D

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: [OGL3DVision] Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood "Remastered" Stereo3D

Post by helifax »

Zappologist wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:48 pm I've done some more tests, it takes time as the game has alot of intro phases, and also crashes to a black screen when I change resolution so I need to restart each time.
I think the janky movement is only present in the intro level, the part when you are infiltrated and you cannot fight.
The gun texture issue (part of left gun only visible in right eye, and vice versa) happens both with 3D Vision and with SBS/TAB. Changing aiming mode from MONO to RIGH EYE also did not make a difference. There might be something only affecting 3D TVs, so until another LG OLED user reports back we cannot be sure. I'm getting used to it so no need for you to investigate.
Last thing I might test if I have time is to install the game on my older PC which is hooked to my ASUS monitor, which might isolate the issue, but that PC also has an older Windows version and it might be a factor.
The good thing is that nothing prevents me from fully enjoying the game. I'm simply mentioning this because I know you're a perfectionist, and it also saves time in case other users are wondering as well.
Many thanks for the feedback and info!
I will definitely check this out. Something is very strange...
Either we run the game in different modes (which would explain why some shaders don't match and the issues you told me, appear) or something is different!
Thank you again, you basically told me that the issue appears both in 3DVision and SBS (which makes a lot more sense), so something is different on how the game runs and generates the shaders!
I will look into this!

Sadly, I don't accept 50% backed fixes, not when this is 100% fixed :)
While I am glad you enjoy the fix (in this current weird state), I would like to ask you to "put it on hold" and help me understand where this issues comes from, so you can play the game "The Way it was meant to be played" 8-) :lol:
Cheers!
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: [OGL3DVision] Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood "Remastered" Stereo3D

Post by Lysander »

works fine here, it seemed quite broken the first time I applied it but I guess I missed something and reinstalled everything from scratch. Now it looks good BUT - even though I get 60fps, when I look around, I get a very uncomfortable feeling of dizziness, I don't think I've ever seen a game do this. Increasing convergence helped but it's still a bit strange, is there anything I can do about this? I'm guessing this is maybe some frame-sync-related effect or something? I didn't experience it in New Order or New Colossus.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Helifax
I'm installing the game on my older PC with Asus active monitor, to see what's happening. I will also reinstall the fix and check the steps again (sometimes I don't use recommended values, like antialiasing, due to the need for performance, but this time I will select everything exactly as in the ReadMe just to test).

Lysander
Do you play on an LG OLED, or an active monitor + pyramid? I need to know if any other 4K TV users have this strange gun texture missing. If not, then there's something else I'm doing wrong.

Regarding your feeling of dizziness. It's a little vague, so I'll try to take a guess:

1. Number one cause of dizziness/motion sickness in general among gamers is a too narrow FOV. If you followed Helifax's instructions you should be at FOV 100, so probably that's not it, in your case.

2. Another cause for discomfort might be that there's a too big difference of how the game is rendered (3D strenght and fps performance) versus the image/performance you are used to, in other games.
I struggled a bit with this as well. On my system I need to play in SBS/TAB, with 720p, for best performance. And I had to learn how to tweak 3D strength via the wrapper hotkeys, as it's different than 3D Vision. So make sure the FPS boost is enabled (Numpad *) and that 3D strength is set to your comfort level (for example, for me, too shallow depth leads to discomfort)

By the way, Helifax, if you're reading this: while testing 3D Vision, the depth keys are the regular ones (Alt+F1/F2), however the convergence keys which I changed to Numpad + and - do not seem to work. So for people playing in 3D Vision adjusting 3D strength might be challenging, if some of the settings don't work (and we already know that the OGL engine seems to behave differently with regards to depth). Not important for me, as I cannot play in 3DV due to bad performance in 4K (overlay hovers around 37 fps).

3. Check the mouse/eye sync feature (F11). Look around fast with the mouse, and if it feels uncomfortable, press F11. Move the mouse around again, and see if it's better. If F11 makes it better, then set it in the wrapper ini to the other value that works for you (1 or 2).
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

@Zappologist
The Keys are the default Nvidia Keys CTRl+F3/F4 for Separation and CRTL+F5/F6 for convergence.
I don't use the Nvidia driver for anything except for displaying and as such I don't know what keys you have setup in NVpanel for 3D vision.
Please keep me posted, If things are missing in one eye, like the weapons, make sure you didn't enable Screen Space Reflections (as specified in the Readme file). Those aren't fixed and as a result will introduce this weird effect where parts of the weapons are missing in one eye :)

I believe this is what you are seeing:
1.jpg
Instead of
2.jpg

This is the damn ID5Tech Engine for you :( Inconsistent performance across the board, no matter what CPU or GPU you use :D At 1080p on 3DVision the game runs 60 FPS for me, but there are dips in the 50-40'. One of the later levels (the zombie level) no matter what I do I get at around 45-50 FPS in there, thanks to the limitation in the Virtual Texture Streaming engine.... :(

@Lysander:
Basically what Zappologist said :)
The fix should work exactly like the New Order one, it is strange you find it different.
Use the F11 key to switch between Sync methods for the mouse and see if this will make a difference. The value is set to work the same as in the New Order, but maybe it needs flipped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Helifax, that was it!
I had forgotten about the reflections setting, it's perfect now. Also, on my older machine it feels much better, due to the active monitor, so I'm going to play it here, this game deserves the best possible experience, and luckily for me, my old system can drive these games perfectly (it's not the case for anything Vulkan related, however, for some reason - either because Vulkan requires more CPU, or due to some driver/Windows version/reasons).

I"ve said this many times but I'll say it again, I still cannot believe what you did to resurrect these 3D marvels from gaming oblivion, all the magic and imagination you employed to explore all options and come up with this...
Kudos, and thank you!
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Zappologist wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:09 am Helifax, that was it!
I had forgotten about the reflections setting, it's perfect now. Also, on my older machine it feels much better, due to the active monitor, so I'm going to play it here, this game deserves the best possible experience, and luckily for me, my old system can drive these games perfectly (it's not the case for anything Vulkan related, however, for some reason - either because Vulkan requires more CPU, or due to some driver/Windows version/reasons).

I"ve said this many times but I'll say it again, I still cannot believe what you did to resurrect these 3D marvels from gaming oblivion, all the magic and imagination you employed to explore all options and come up with this...
Kudos, and thank you!
Awesome! I had a feeling SSR was the issue :)
Also SSR is a BIIIG performance hog on ID5Tech. Even in 2D, with SSR I can't really maintain 60 FPS. Turn it off and no more issues (and part of the reason I didn't bother to fix it).
I believe the performance will now bet better even on your main PC with SBS/TB :D

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Thanks guys. When I launched it this time, it was a bit better, and with further tweaking I got it to where I think I can get used to it. It's still a bit strange but I think I can manage. F11 didn't do anything for me, NUMPAD* made it more stuttery so I flipped it back but F1 changed the gun to look more IN FRONT of closer objects rather than kinda behind then and that helped with the situation.

Ya, the engine is definitely wonky with bad pop-ins and frame drops but what can we do. The game still looks good. Thanks Helifax for the fix.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Lysander wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 pm works fine here, it seemed quite broken the first time I applied it but I guess I missed something and reinstalled everything from scratch. Now it looks good BUT - even though I get 60fps, when I look around, I get a very uncomfortable feeling of dizziness, I don't think I've ever seen a game do this. Increasing convergence helped but it's still a bit strange, is there anything I can do about this? I'm guessing this is maybe some frame-sync-related effect or something? I didn't experience it in New Order or New Colossus.
I had this same reaction, I'm playing on TaB on 3DTV. Everything looked "watery" when panning the camera, almost like screen tearing in 3D but not as bad. I tried Zappologist/Helifax's suggestion, and it helped quite a bit (I also lowered the controller sensitivity so I can't look around so fast):
Zappologist wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:05 am 3. Check the mouse/eye sync feature (F11). Look around fast with the mouse, and if it feels uncomfortable, press F11. Move the mouse around again, and see if it's better. If F11 makes it better, then set it in the wrapper ini to the other value that works for you (1 or 2).
I couldn't wait for the next sale, and ended up buying all the fixed Wolfensteins. Such a nice change after all the bloated open world games, to play an old school tightly scripted and paced linear single player experience. I like variety in my games (indie/open world/linear/AAA/AA), but these type of shooter campaigns are becoming more and more rare. The separate gun convergence is an awesome feature. Got to get as much Nazi killin' in as I can before the May onslaught of big games start dropping.

One question, is there a way to disable the OSD from the start? I play on the couch with a controller, and always need to have the keyboard nearby to hit F12 once it launches. I couldn't find a way to disable it in the ini... :?:
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

If anyone else likes playing with as little HUD as possible for immersion, you can set up keys to toggle the HUD on and off as needed:

CONTROL + ~ opens the Console in gameplay:

If you want to bind a certain key to show or hide the HUD during gameplay, then use the following commands:

bind “X” “g_showhud 0”
bind “Y” “g_showhud 1”

"X" equals the key that hides the HUD.

"Y" equals the key that shows the HUD.

This goes great with the 3D fix, I haven't used a reticle in a first person game in so long it was kind of driving me crazy to have one on screen :lol: . Now I'm really enjoying this game. Should work in the sequels too..
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Shift-E wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:30 pm If anyone else likes playing with as little HUD as possible for immersion, you can set up keys to toggle the HUD on and off as needed:

CONTROL + ~ opens the Console in gameplay:

If you want to bind a certain key to show or hide the HUD during gameplay, then use the following commands:

bind “X” “g_showhud 0”
bind “Y” “g_showhud 1”

"X" equals the key that hides the HUD.

"Y" equals the key that shows the HUD.

This goes great with the 3D fix, I haven't used a reticle in a first person game in so long it was kind of driving me crazy to have one on screen :lol: . Now I'm really enjoying this game. Should work in the sequels too..
I second that!
After playing Spartan Mode in Metro Last Light, minimalistic HUD is for me ^_^ although, I know that you and I are in a minority ^_^ :lol:

subwoofa
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by subwoofa »

I installed this from 3D Fix Manager and I think this works great. I did have to change RenderMode to 0 to get it to work (it was set to 1 for some reason).
I can't seem to get my depth/separation high enough though. I use ctrl+f3/f4 and the 3DVision overlay and debug window both change, but it won't actually do anything unless I restart.
On top of that, even with 100% separation, I'm just not getting the full depth/separation... it seems to be only about half of what it should be. I always evaluate this with the most distant objects so it doesn't get confused with convergence. I tried the Depth Hack factor of 2.0 but it had no effect either.
Do you have any suggestions?

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”