Squished Aspect Ratio with 3D Fix Manager

3dlivetech
One Eyed Hopeful

Squished Aspect Ratio with 3D Fix Manager

Post by 3dlivetech »

Hi friends,

I'm trying to record 3D gaming for a demo of a proprietary 3D video wall. I am using 3D Fix Manager with GTA V, Rocket League, and other games, but I am encountering the same issue across every game and could use some advice.

My wall resolution is 5888x1024. If I use the Checkerboard mode in 3D Fix Manager, I can play games perfectly, however I haven't found a truly lossless capture mechanism. OBS claims to be lossless but I lose the 3D effect in any red color. My alternative solution is to record a Top/Bottom at 5888x2048, but every time I set any game to that resolution, each eye is squished by 50%, as if the software thinks each eye is 5888x2048 and is squeezing it down to 5888x1024.

I've spent days toying with the settings and I can't figure it out. Please let me know if anyone has ideas or suggestions!

Thank you! :anaglyph
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Squished Aspect Ratio with 3D Fix Manager

Post by Guig2000 »

It's a normal behavior because standard 3DTV top bottom and side by side are compressed formats.
The only 3D formats in use with no loss in space (the loss is in the time) is frame sequential or HDMI/display port frame packed.

By modifing some files you may be able to output full sized side SBS or top bottom using iZ3D driver, but it may not work correctly unless you use windows 7 with games published earlier than 2011...
You may also try by using tridef 3D ignition, using dual projection output (you can do also that with iZ3D but you will have issues with bad sync between the screens.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”