Paint for projector wall

Skawen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Paint for projector wall

Post by Skawen »

Hello!

I remember in old forums someone mentioned that he made custom paint for projector wall.

Maybe someone knows where to direct me, because I wanted to try to paint my wall for best projector experience, or can give me some advice what will be the best for 3D gaming.

Thank You in advance!
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Paint for projector wall

Post by RAGEdemon »

My wife destroyed my project screen in a fit of pregnant anger the other day - unacceptable behaviour, but i sourced some new material from china which seems to have very high gain - 3.0+ together with a very limited viewing angle and likely hotspotting. It is an ambient light rejection material and remarkably cheap and apparently cleanable via cloth and ironable. Usually a 3m wide glass bead 2.5 gain screen would cost £600, or a budget one £250 - but this material on its own, costs £21 + tax. You stick it to a wall using double sided sticky, or velcro, or mount it to a custom wood board/frame of some sort. The results seem encouraging.

I believe it would be very good for 3DV because of its ambient light rejection and high gain, even if it only has 10 degree viewing angle (us 3DV folk usually don't have an audience).

White wall vs reflective material:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000095 ... web201603_
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Thank You very much for answers, will read forum & hope to hear more too about this 3.0 :)
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Reporting back: Yes, it's as good as advertised, if brightness is your main concern. Hotspotting galore and one eye is getting a slightly different hotspot than the other eye so it throws you off a bit like you are looking at an optical illusion in bright scenes.

Definitely not for perfectionists, however the image quality is superior and far brighter than my glass bead screen - gladly becoming my new permanent fixture. I would estimate 5.0 gain - 3D is just stunning.

Maybe I'll start to notice more flaws down the road, but for the moment, it has been an excellent minor investment.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

RAGEdemon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:35 pm Reporting back: Yes, it's as good as advertised, if brightness is your main concern. Hotspotting galore and one eye is getting a slightly different hotspot than the other eye so it throws you off a bit like you are looking at an optical illusion in bright scenes.

Definitely not for perfectionists, however the image quality is superior and far brighter than my glass bead screen - gladly becoming my new permanent fixture. I would estimate 5.0 gain - 3D is just stunning.

Maybe I'll start to notice more flaws down the road, but for the moment, it has been an excellent minor investment.
Rage, I was thinking about getting that but I read you have to be BEHIND your projector as well as looking at it straight on. Now, my projector is directly above me, on my ceiling, about 12 feet from the screen, so looking at it from off angle isn't an issue but being behind it I can't do. Where is your projector positioned in your home to were you sit??
As you state, there is an obvious hot spot clearly seen in the video the gentleman posted for his product. Does your DLP glasses help in making it less pronounced?? I could easily set up a 2 screen system so I only use the material for 3D viewing then switch back to a normal one.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

My projector is directly from behind my head by about 30cm (as close to eye level as I could get without my head blocking it; shining juuuuust above my hair - this gives good overall picture. If my head was in the centre, then the centre hotspot would be too bright - my head is luckily in a position to not cause the centre hotspot though when I do block the screen with my head, the hotspot is too bright - This material is literally the cloth you see sewn onto road workman jackets.

To me, the remaining peripheral hotspotting is not noticeable after a while, unless actively looking for it - it kind of follows your head around as you move around in your chair but the image is so bright and intense, that I am just constantly amazed by it, and just don't notice the hotspotting unless I actively pay attention to it specifically. In 3Dv gaming, it was hard to notice because of all the action - for the first time in years, I played GTA5 with my daughter for 2 hours last night in 3DV amazement.

I think this thing is a great option, but historically I have also been comfortable with what most people would consider 'janky' solutions - as long as they work.

I have come to realise that these janks are not for everybody - giving an example - I have seen photos of people spending 10s of thousands on a movie theatre room with a tiny screen and average sound solution, that they rarely use - but hey, it looks nice to show off to their friends. I would have spent a fraction of that on a huge screen and a great sound/ hardware solutions and not really cared about how the room looked - and the average joe would have laughed at me for what I would consider a pragmatic approach.

For the price, it might be worth your purchase just as an experiment :-)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Thanks for reporting back on this, seems like a great deal but unfortunately will not work for me due to projector placement.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Unfortunately real life problems get in to the way & I didn't get PJ, but I hope in near future like 1-2 years I will get it, because now I think of dx12 games & I think for now this will be only way to play at least in 3d (with BlueSky's 3D shader)
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

ChatGPT......is that you? Helo world!
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”