Need NVIDIA 3dTvPlay PATCH for break limit 24p

mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Need NVIDIA 3dTvPlay PATCH for break limit 24p

Post by mycop »

Hello.
When 3d resolution is activated 2 resolution Apear in NV control panel.
Block HD 3D
720p - up to 60 Hz
1080p up to 24 only...
This resolution Called FramePacked when frame realy double generated 1920x2160 for example.
The real problem is NV locked 1080p at 24hz. But in realworld FramePacked resolution may be 1080i50 (or 30p and it MORE then 24) but its impossible to chose this refresh rate.

Some one can help with pathc nv driver?
hd3D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Re: Need NVIDIA 3dTvPlay PATCH for break limit 24p

Post by Lizzard »

This is a limitation of HDMI as I understand. The hardware cant conduct all the data at such a high frequency. So the limits are primarily on the components. The popular solutions are to use DSR and simply go with Side By Side output at higher resolutions. Some projectors can be hacked to get Frame Packed and DSR to work simultaneously. What projector are you using?

Useful information here:
viewtopic.php?p=176258#p176258
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

When asking for help, it's customary to list your hardware.

It says Samsung?
If it's a TV, use Checkerboard?? Easiest solution, if the format is supported. Read YOUR Owner's manual!!
Might not be called Checkerboard, but instead is pixel something or other in your manual.
Will likely need to rename HDMI input!!! Follow instructions in your manual!
3DNovice wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:07 am
For dx11 games you can edit the d3dx.ini for 3Dmigoto to get 1080P@60 Side by Side or Over/Under with a HDMI 1.4 compliant 3D HDTV or 3D projector vs the 1080P@24hz limitation of 3DTV Play.

You can also do as this user suggests
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25191#top

Doing either, should help quite a bit with game mechanics. 24Hz, is too low to decently play platformers/shooters/hack&slash/etc...
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

HDMI 1.4b was limited to 1080p24 3D, while HDMI 2.0 supports 2048p30 3D (or 2048i60, like LG's 4K line-interlaced 3D TVs). TB is better format for 3D viewing than SBS.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

"This is a limitation of HDMI as I understand"
Wrong.
"if the format is supported"
for THIS thread - format is supported.
"HDMI 1.4b was limited to 1080p24 3D"
wrong. limited with 1080p30, 1080i50 - and it better than 24

Do not oftop. I know what i talked about.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

mycop wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:57 pm "This is a limitation of HDMI as I understand"
Wrong.

If you know what you're talking about, you'll know that there is no solution.
But, we don't know what hardware you have anyway so we don't really know what you're trying to do.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

"If you know what you're talking about, you'll know that there is no solution."
Your statement is very categorical. And considering that the 3 previous posts were to put it mildly ... erroneous. Could you explain why you think so?

Il repeat. This thread about SOFTWARE!
Solution is not hard...Probably... for this enough just change few bytes in HEX.
but for better solution need some one with litle expierence with nvidia driver patch. I just don't want to step on a rake from the first step.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

There currently is no driver hack for the 3DTV Play 24Hz limitation, if you find a way, please share the solution.

If it was "easy", it would have already been done.

Otherwise, I listed several options above.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

mycop wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:57 pm "This is a limitation of HDMI as I understand"
Wrong.

Sorry, but you are mistaken, that would be 1080i@60, not 1080i@50.

Keep in mind, that all interlaced images are only half of the information taken from a full image.

The difference comes in "mandatory" and "voluntary" specifications.

Nvidia opted to only support the "mandatory" specification of 1080P@24Hz frame packing, which is a video playback output, not meant for gaming.

This point was argued intensively on the Nvidia forums, to no avail. The only outcome, was Checkerboard support was added to 3DTV Play.
Last edited by 3DNovice on Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Hmm, seems he has a LG 3D HDTV and it just shows Samsung, because of an EDID override?
mycop wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:57 am Hello. I have uh95 series of LG TV but my POST also for all 3d tv owner of TV 2015-2016 ( UF, UH, C6.... etc even UB) years maybe more.
WHEN you click 3d Button on yor tv it show few options:
SBS
Tab(OU)
2d-to 3d
Quoted from here viewtopic.php?f=115&t=25583&p=176578&hi ... op#p176578

FFS, it seems he has a LG 4K LED Passive Display. No idea, why he would not simply state so in this thread. Help would have came much sooner and it
would have avoided any confusion.

Note: The "primary" and only format your TV shows is only Line Interlaced.
Inputting Side by Side or Over/Under or Frame Packing or CHECKERBOARD introduces additional post processing conversion of the video image, thus adding a small amount of unneeded lag, when gaming.

Your solution is here ------------>>>>>>>> viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23495
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

mycop wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:51 am "If you know what you're talking about, you'll know that there is no solution."
Your statement is very categorical. And considering that the 3 previous posts were to put it mildly ... erroneous. Could you explain why you think so?

Il repeat. This thread about SOFTWARE!
Solution is not hard...Probably... for this enough just change few bytes in HEX.
but for better solution need some one with litle expierence with nvidia driver patch. I just don't want to step on a rake from the first step.
Next time you ask for help, it would be easier if you just answer simple questions about your setup. It's a strange attitude to ask for help then argue with people who are trying to help you.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Where are the contradictions here? Even 1080i60 is still better than 24, even if divided in half. But you are wrong here too. Because in fact, we see a full-fledged picture because the deinterlacing filter is working on the TV. there will be no ladders.
No idea, why he would not simply state so in this thread. Help would have came much sooner and it
Oh! its simple! I just didn't want to be distracted by a pointless superfluous not related to the topic. what i said many times.And also DO NOT narrow the range of supported equipment. since only the important of support by the device framedpacked 1080 , more than 24
So that ....
Start to LISENT! This is solution for work 3dVision with LG. But i DONT ask about it!
Also... This method is not real good. and IF i ask you about it, and you provide me this solution next my question will be... Oh...it only work in NATIVE resolution... but 4k with 3d is realy 8k and to HAVY EVEN for top cards in SLI! (for even not NEWEST games) What about ANOTHER resolution???
Next time you ask for help, it would be easier if you just answer simple questions about your setup. It's a strange attitude to ask for help then argue with people who are trying to help you
With all respect... you dont trying to help...
You want to direct me on a path that you already know but which I did not ask for in THIS topic.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Nvidia’s driver does not support HDMI frame-packed mode (TriDef’s Ignition product did - I used its frame-packed mode - but Ignition does not exist anymore). If you want to run 1080p above 24 fps, you will need to use a 3D mode that reduces resolution - either checkerboard mode (see 3DNovice’s suggestion above), SBS, or TB mode (TB is better than SBS for 3D content). All these modes support 60 fps. Unless YOU plan to modify Nvidia’s driver, those are your only options for viewing 3D content above 24 fps on Samsung 1080p TV.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Not sure you can help that one, but helped me greatly. I need to try Tridef frame packed and top bottom. Thanks gents
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

Grant S wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:57 pm Not sure you can help that one, but helped me greatly. I need to try Tridef frame packed and top bottom. Thanks gents
Grant, if you want to use TriDef with Nvidia card, save your self a headache and set it up on a second partition. I ran into problems trying to get TriDef and 3D vision to work on same partition. I had to end up reformating my hard drive and reinstall 3D vision to get things working normal again on 3D vision part. I can verify that triDef will work with Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909. Be sure to install all up to date Updates first before trying to use TriDef. I need to try it with windows 10 version 2004. Also, before going down the TriDef rout have you tried 3D migoto 1080p sbs/tb mode?
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

whyme466 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:31 pm Nvidia’s driver does not support HDMI frame-packed mode
Sometimes chewing is better than talking.
Just download the latest official driver from 3d, version 425 and don't talk nonsense.
Also... i not say DRIVER topic caled 3dtvPlay (what actualy part of driver)

The rest I ask to stop offtopic and flood in the subject. If you do not plan to look for a joint solution on a given topic, please pass by. The rest are welcome.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

narhicfd wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:12 pm
Grant S wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:57 pm Not sure you can help that one, but helped me greatly. I need to try Tridef frame packed and top bottom. Thanks gents
Grant, if you want to use TriDef with Nvidia card, save your self a headache and set it up on a second partition. I ran into problems trying to get TriDef and 3D vision to work on same partition. I had to end up reformating my hard drive and reinstall 3D vision to get things working normal again on 3D vision part. I can verify that triDef will work with Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909. Be sure to install all up to date Updates first before trying to use TriDef. I need to try it with windows 10 version 2004. Also, before going down the TriDef rout have you tried 3D migoto 1080p sbs/tb mode?
Thank you Sir, I've read someone else having that issue. Not sure if it's Win 10 related I've had both installed on my Win 7 for several years using both with no issue.

I've had both also installed on my Win 10 machine for two years, but the Tridef driver on that one is the OEM driver for my HP monitor. Now I have the LG, I doubt I'll ever use the HP so uninstalled Tridef from that.

Not worried to much about Tridef on my Win 10 machine because I have a strong feeling I would have to make a choice in the near future keep updated for VR or 3D. Keeping the Win 7 PC with Tridef license for when that day comes.

I been using the Marcus's fix manager and pretty sure it installed some 3D migoto fixes. Yes SBS working nicely. Thanks again
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

mycop wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 pm
Where are the contradictions here? Even 1080i60 is still better than 24, even if divided in half. But you are wrong here too. Because in fact, we see a full-fledged picture because the deinterlacing filter is working on the TV. there will be no ladders.
No idea, why he would not simply state so in this thread. Help would have came much sooner and it
Oh! its simple! I just didn't want to be distracted by a pointless superfluous not related to the topic. what i said many times.And also DO NOT narrow the range of supported equipment. since only the important of support by the device framedpacked 1080 , more than 24
So that ....
Start to LISENT! This is solution for work 3dVision with LG. But i DONT ask about it!
Also... This method is not real good. and IF i ask you about it, and you provide me this solution next my question will be... Oh...it only work in NATIVE resolution... but 4k with 3d is realy 8k and to HAVY EVEN for top cards in SLI! (for even not NEWEST games) What about ANOTHER resolution???
Next time you ask for help, it would be easier if you just answer simple questions about your setup. It's a strange attitude to ask for help then argue with people who are trying to help you
With all respect... you dont trying to help...
You want to direct me on a path that you already know but which I did not ask for in THIS topic.

Bizarrely, you seem to think that we are all mind readers. If you want help, put as many details into the question as you can. We don't know what you know, or don't know.
Learn to ask question properly, i.e. What are you actually trying to achieve? What is your hardware setup? Also, being polite helps.

Anyway, good luck, I'm not going to bother helping you, but at least someone else benefited from the conversation.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Another pointless post ...
What is not clear from the created topic?
Why the heck then you just wrote if I already said - DO NOT flood, if you are not interested?
My God ... apparently it is so accepted here ... I definitely got here by mistake .
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

mycop wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:49 pm Another pointless post ...
What is not clear from the created topic?
Why the heck then you just wrote if I already said - DO NOT flood, if you are not interested?
My God ... apparently it is so accepted here ... I definitely got here by mistake .
Lol! Are you actually a troll? Seriously? So you've criticised every reply and you still don't understand why people are confused, despite it being spelt out to you in black and white.
Actually, I think you are here by mistake, because you already know everything anyway haha.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Facepalm...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Using tiny font repeatedly and his using black font on a grey background in different threads, certainly earns him troll status in my opinion.

Not to mention his being a new poster and antagonizing Losti for no real reason.

Certainly, his original post could have been clearer, if he only wanted certain feedback.

And lol at him saying that it would be a simple hex edit that anyone could easily do, except for people afraid of stepping on rakes.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

The Nvidia driver has an upscaling feature onboard. It works on my 3D Vision monitor to upscale 1080p to 1440p in 3D mode. Not really worth it here because I can't see visual differences except that the green Nvidia overlay is sharper. But I'd assume it will work on a passive 4K TV as well. At least it worked on my LG OLED C9 to upscale 1440p to 4K. Also not worth here for 2D gaming as I'd either prefer 1440@120hz or 4k@60hz but not 1440p upscaled to 4k with 60 Hz constraint.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:17 pm
mycop wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 pm
Such retardedly small font, lol
Anyhow, to answer the question...
In dx11 games, 3Dmigoto has an ini that can be used to enable a 4K up-scaling mode that may provide the answer you seek.
But if you are nice, perhaps someone with more knowledge could tell you more about it.
My translator shows several meanings of this word. But I will use the negative option.
Do you know what I think is "retardedly "?
People who do, speak and wrote out of spite..
That the forum does not have support for Offtopic and Spoiler tags and you have to be perverted with "retardedly" small print.
That the moderators generally put a big bolt on removing trash from the topic ...

Nonetheless. Your post is interesting. Although it contains a lot of crutches and restrictions. I was not aware of this possibility. thanks. I'll check it someday.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Pauldusler wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:49 am But I'd assume it will work on a passive 4K TV as well.
Upscale will work.
3d - nope.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

lol . Not really sure at this point but I'm confident the suggestion will be taken as offensive. Correct me if I'm wrong D-man, but wouldn't his best solution be to simply install the Passive EDID override, like you suggested to me, and he could have 3D at least at 1080p @ 60 hz? Why 3DTV play with a passive 4K TV if Optimized for 3D vision is possible? I'm thinking perhaps it would limit the resolution to the resolution of that of the EDID host monitor being emulated? Still not a big issue rolling back the monitor driver if so.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

You are a true hardware guru in my view D-man, yes eye reversal is an issue with 3D vision, have been wearing glasses upside down. Awesome I already use the fix manager and just need to find it there then. In fact just had one of the best 3D gaming nights I ever had because of the fix manager. Not sure why I never tried with Nvidia 3D with frostbite games, just accustomed to using Tridef for those I guess. I was just playing Battlefield 1 and Battlefield bad company 2 with the fixes and am totally blown away. Also Star Wars Battlefront's 1 and 2 just wow.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Thanks again, I will indeed explore your optimizations. Knowledge passed down is true wisdom. I'm grateful you shared with me and the forum.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”