Tridef in 2021?

Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Tridef in 2021?

Post by Grant S »

I was fortunate enough to find out about Tridef going out of business before it happened. Unlike my license for IZ3D when I found out it was too late to re-authorize. I keep an older Win 7 machine setup because it has my Tridef license intact.

I'm wondering if anyone with a Tridef license has tried to replace their existing motherboard with an exact same motherboard, did the Tridef license survive? Has anyone with a license tried to clone their HD/ SSD? I'm wondering if it possible to duplicate/ replicate a complete system with Tridef license still intact?

Edit: no one huh? I guess I've done crazier things for lesser reasons, hunting down the parts now. Only issue with existing is the lower SLI slot is worn so running on a single 1070 on that now. I'm aware Tridef doesn't support SLI but I finally got to experience briefly, the few games I have that supported NV3D and SLI and it was glorious.
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Tridef in 2021?

Post by narhicfd »

Hard to find anyone on the TriDef forum these days. I'm not really sure if cloning your hardrive would work. I had to reformat my whole hard drive, since I got a new mobo, and ended up having to get a cracked version since I was unable to register the one I owned. It's the only cracked software I own.
I know there is software that will clone a hard drive in a way that will allow you to carry it over to a new build with a new motherboard in it. The software some how clones your hard drive but leaves out all the drivers that were used for your old motherboard and doesn't install the previous mobo drivers when you carry it over after replacing your mobo. However, I still think you'll run into some kind of issue once you try to start TriDef on your new build. However, I'm not a 100% certain on that. It may or may not work. It will be something you'll have to try.
It was a bummer that TriDef went out the way they did. They gave us no warning of going under nor any way to keep using the software after we reformat our hard drive and reinstall it.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Thank you Sir, before they went under, I did extensive upgrading. Hard drives, CPU, several GPU's... pretty much everything except the mobo and the Tridef license was unaffected. I remember being in a similar situation in the Win 98 days and the mobo replacement did work in that instance.

Seems a bit silly to build an obsolete PC just to run software that cost under $50 but think I'm going to go for it. Thanks again
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

There was a hacked version of this that was shared on the old forums.

Sorry, I do not have the link. But AFAIK, it's now considered abandon-ware.

So no license needed??"
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Yes, thanks D-man, I got the ignition driver working last Monday in Win 10 1909. I regard it as abandonware and plan on posting how I did it soon.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Hello, I hope I can ask my question here. I'm from Germany so I have to have my text translated. I hope you understand me :)

I started the game "Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons" with Tridef 7.4. I wanted to test it with the profile "(Elweed)".

But when I start the game it always shows this profile = (Nvidia 3D) (DX9).

How can I start the game with "Elweed"?
I last played the game in April 2020 and it was amazing in 3D.

I hope someone can help me to finally work.

Many Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b3st2d03p3ktmo/nv3d.PNG?dl=0
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

I don't know where you see this message, however, in order to change the profile in use by a game:
On the tridef 3d ignition control panel, right-click on your game, choose properties -> profile and choose the profile you want, nothing more to do.
I did not found any Elsweed profile but there is an Elsword profile which seems to be Elsweed2.
It's also asked when you add a game into tridef 3D ignition.

Try the game and after come back to the control panel, you'll see that the game profile is still selected.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Hi I need your help. I started the game "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" with Tridef and there were no problems on Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Now I wanted to test Alien Isolation. There are no problems on Windows 7 but it won't start on Windows 10.

I'm not sure but I think there are no problems with Tridef. The problem must lie elsewhere. Can someone help me? Thanks very much.
Last edited by marcus locos on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

I've now managed to start Steam games in side-by-side.

But I have a lot of games in my Epic Game Launcher.
I also tested Alien Isolation with it and the game starts in SBS but the game crashes in the menu and I'm back on the desktop.

Does anyone know how to launch games from the epic store with tridef?

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”