Deus Ex Mankind Divided 3DVision-DX12 Auto-Launcher (New)

TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Deus Ex Mankind Divided 3DVision-DX12 Auto-Launcher (New)

Post by TimFx7 »

Deus Ex Mankind Divided 3DVision-DX12 Auto-Launcher
• For some reason, I could not start the game as DX11 3D Vision in latest Windows 10 (20H2). But since Dx12 3DVision has increased the performance in Tombraider series, I guess the performance will also increase in this game. I experienced significant performance gains at different resolutions on the DX12.

This game has DirectX 12 Multi GPU support. If you have an SLI system, experience the game with DX12. it will probably perform better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
January 5, 2021
Deus Ex-3DVision-DX12 Launcher.7z
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Start3D.exe for DXMD Source code is available here. (C++)
3DLauncher.exe Source code is available here. (Autohotkey script)

Install : Start3D.exe , 3DLauncher.exe, Splash.jpg , Wait.jps , QRes.exe files should be copied to the game folder. "steamapps\common\Deus Ex Mankind Divided\retail\"
• I created Start3D.exe to activate "DX12 3D Vision" option in Deus Ex Mankind Divided. If you start Start3D.exe after starting the game DX12 3D support within the game will be automatically activated.
• In some versions of Windows the game crashes if 3D is started. If you meet this situation. just run 3DLauncher.exe it will set everything automatically and start the game itself.
• When the game menu screen is displayed, 3D is automatically activated by itself. If you run into a problem, switch to Windows 10 TaskView with the Windows + Tab or Alt +Tab key to re-enable 3D.
• If Start3D.exe is run alone, it will give an error message and shut itself down after 60 seconds. Activating Start3D.exe and 3DLauncher does not bring an extra load to the processor.

3D performance settings:
wrote: RTSS framelimit : 49.963 (RTSS I'm playing at 100 fps for smooth FPS experience on my own system.)
3DLauncher-100hz.7z
Depth of Field : ON (If you are confident in the capacity of your graphics card, choose the ULTRA option.)
Motion Blur : OFF
Volumetric Lighting : ON (If you are confident in the capacity of your graphics card, choose the ULTRA option.)
Screenspace Reflections : OFF (If you are confident in the capacity of your graphics card, choose the ULTRA option.)
MSAA : OFF (If you are confident in the capacity of your graphics card, you can try to enable this feature.)
Thanks to everyone who contributed with their feedback.

; ====================================================================================
; This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty.
; In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
; ====================================================================================
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TimFx7 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided 3DVision-DX12 Auto-Launcher (New)

Post by Lysander »

Oh damn! I'm so happy at this news, gonna be checking this out as soon as I can. I have the game lined up and was a bit bummed out i had to crank some settings down for smooth gameplay. This might bring the fps up just that bit.

Exceited to experiment and will report back, thanks!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Launcher.exe fixed the crash for me and ran in DX12, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any FPS benefit on my system :(

Thx for this hack anyway, good to see you benefit from DX12!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

Thanks for doing this Tim. This game can drain your performance. It was because of this one that I had to upgrade from a 1070 to a 1080ti. Unfortunately I had to DDU recently but still remember setting the max frame rate in the control panel settings to a more manageable FPS solved my poor performance issues on dx11(45 in my case works well at 3150x2000). There are also a number of settings you could turn down that doesnt impact the quality so much. The advantage with this game is you could focus the game on a certain area and go into the settings and see the difference in the background. Just like SOTTR. This game has some of the best artificial light that Ive witnessed in any other game. Seems like it uses a software form of raytracing. Because it simply is that good. Absolutely gorgeous on OLED.

Be sure to get some additional convergence...
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... t/#4959373
castlemadeofsand wrote: i figured it out! i was only editing the pop out data, but it required me to edit the other 3d effect to higher than the menu allows.

So for those who want a stronger 3d effect open control panled and type regedit

then navigate to HKEY_USERS>S-1-5-21-28...>SOFTWARE>EIDOS MONTREAL>GRAPHICS

scroll down to edit both "stereo separation, and "stereo popout"

for popout i tried changing it to 4000, and separation to 700. this has created a stong 3d effect. i actually need to adjust it down a bit because the gun is a bit too separated but you get a nice depth now.

also when you do this, do not change the values of these effects in game or it resets them to the in game max

theres also a "stereo near separation" setting. im not exactly sure how that plays into things but im guessing it ties into the separation up close to the screen
The exact numders folowing HKEY_USERS might vary a bit after 21. In my case there were two similar registry entries and the top one lead to these settings.
My settings for VR that might also benefit you:
StereoSeparation: Decimal 120
StereoPopOut: Decimal 850
StereoNearSeperationMultiplier: Decimal 700

This game was just as impressive as Half Life Alyx to me in VR with the dark scenes amplified with OLED. On my third playthrough now and starting to think I like it more than SOTTR.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Thanks Lizzrd for the tips regarding 3d settings gs. I'm already quite pleased with turning up the in- game 3d settings but I will tinker with the extended ones you described.

To get to 60@1080 I only had to turn off contact shadows, set shadows and details to high so no biggie. But itd be nice to get those extra 10 frames with dx12. SOTTR definitely benefited. Did you observe higher fps with dx12 in Deus?
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Some OffTopic Question: Do i need some other games of the series played before ?? I have only played the original Deus Ex that was incredible ^^ But do i need the parts between the first and this game ?? To get more immersion of the story and so on?
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

Lysander wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:02 am Did you observe higher fps with dx12 in Deus?
Unfortunately not. Just went to double check. Same as ROTTR. Performance almost the same in both. Really dont know why it only works on some systems...? But I have perfect frames in this one as with SOTTR at 3150x2000 custom resolution. Its the smoothest most beautiful immersive gaming experience I've ever had! Almost no stuttering. Only difference here is that it is dx11 and that I use the 45 frame cap in control panel instead of the 90hz in my frame resolution as with SOTTR. (it works both ways. Difference being one is nVidia and other native) Monitor goes blank and out of range in SOTTR but it doesnt affect the HMD. Theres a very innovative feature in SteamVR called Motion Smoothing. This is what perfected the performance in SOTTR when I hit the 90hz refresh rate with Vsync at half refresh rate. I truly think this is just as innovative as DLSS! Not sure how much this and G-Sync have in common. Some form of frame interpolation as i hear the guys explain. Very interesting confusing stuff.

Dues Ex is real eye candy. Anything that smooth out the performance and experience is very valuable!
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

Losti wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:50 pm Some OffTopic Question: Do i need some other games of the series played before ?? I have only played the original Deus Ex that was incredible ^^ But do i need the parts between the first and this game ?? To get more immersion of the story and so on?
This was the first in the series I played. Very curious about the other. Actually wish I started with the first one now.
There is a very long and sophisticated intro in the beginning of this one about the previous one. It makes this one seem very short in comparison.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

hi folks , thank you all.
Lizzard wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:00 am Be sure to get some additional convergence...
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... t/#4959373
Thanks for sharing, I was trying to remember exactly that and looking for it in the nvidia forum. :mrgreen:
Lysander wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:49 pm Launcher.exe fixed the crash for me and ran in DX12, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any FPS benefit on my system :(
Thx for this hack anyway, good to see you benefit from DX12!
I haven't felt any difference yet. I've experimented with various parts of the game. but I didn't play the whole game, I just played the first few hours.
The benchmark part and the game's actual gameplay FPS values do not match.I re-adjusted my graphics settings according to the gameplay.but I noticed something. I'm playing 3D-1080p on a 2K monitor. In my tests in various places during the game, the DX11 image looks a bit clearer, although the game settings are the same.(Including ingame main screen.) Presumably, the sharpening effect in the settings menu doesn't work well enough on the DX12 .There is no big difference, but I can feel it.

Therefore, I will be playing on DX11 for a while. My current settings provide the fps value and fluency I want in gameplay. if I experience a drop in fps later in the game. I'll test that scene once in DX12. but in this way, it will be possible to understand if there is an increase in FPS in DX12.
Lizzard wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:00 am Thanks for doing this Tim. This game can drain your performance. It was because of this one that I had to upgrade from a 1070 to a 1080ti. Unfortunately I had to DDU recently but still remember setting the max frame rate in the control panel settings to a more manageable FPS solved my poor performance issues on dx11
Yes, limiting the maximum frame rate works very well. I set 49.963 for 100hz via RTSS. became quite fluent.
Last edited by TimFx7 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

I am having problems with SMART VISION while playing 3D (DX11 & DX12). some objects are not displayed properly in 3D.
(frame showing electric field and gas fields, symbols showing how far they are when we mark targets)

sample scenes 2D:
https://youtu.be/Bd_-lMqj7bk?t=126
https://youtu.be/I5acI46z9Y4?t=717

Normal

3D broken

Did you experience this situation while you were playing? these errors are very visible. It does not make sense to me that it has not been corrected until today. I wonder if the situation I'm experiencing is a driver problem? Did developer team unintentionally cause bug in 3D gameplay with updates? (game has been updated 19 times. It is possible to undo updates on Steam. You can play version you want.)

Friends who have knowledge, experience or solution about this problem, please share with us.
Thanks to everyone who contributed with their feedback.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

I finally found time to start playing DE:MK using the above-mentioned auto-launcher and 452.06 (couldn't get it work with any later version) but even when using real high settings via the registry tweak (changing the 3 values), the 3D looks rather flat. Only the first few meters away from the player position (mainly the gun) look fine but then everything becomes really flat.

I haven't seen this effect (or lack of ) in any other game and I'm a bit surprised because nixxes also coded the Tomb Raider stereoscopic render engine which is amazing.

Did anyone noticed this lack of depth too in DE:MK? Is there anything I can try to improve the situation?
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

WickedScav wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:00 am I finally found time to start playing DE:MK using the above-mentioned auto-launcher and 452.06 (couldn't get it work with any later version) but even when using real high settings via the registry tweak (changing the 3 values), the 3D looks rather flat. Only the first few meters away from the player position (mainly the gun) look fine but then everything becomes really flat.

I haven't seen this effect (or lack of ) in any other game and I'm a bit surprised because nixxes also coded the Tomb Raider stereoscopic render engine which is amazing.

Did anyone noticed this lack of depth too in DE:MK? Is there anything I can try to improve the situation?
yes, you are right, there was such a problem in the game. There is probably no solution to this problem. This is due to the 1st person point of view. I have not seen a better 1 person 3d game than this.
As far as I remember, 3D feeling was better in closed tight spaces. I checked my game settings archive. I took note of these setting combinations at the time, to increase the 3d feel, take a look if you want. my monitor is 27inch 1440P, maybe these settings will improve your experience more.

StereoSeparation =200
StereoPopOut =700
StereoNearSeparationMultiplier = 75

or

StereoSeparation =250
StereoPopOut = 625
StereoNearSeparationMultiplier = 75
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

TimFx7 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:43 am yes, you are right, there was such a problem in the game. There is probably no solution to this problem. This is due to the 1st person point of view. I have not seen a better 1 person 3d game than this.
As far as I remember, 3D feeling was better in closed tight spaces. I checked my game settings archive. I took note of these setting combinations at the time, to increase the 3d feel, take a look if you want. my monitor is 27inch 1440P, maybe these settings will improve your experience more.
Thanks for confirming the issue.

I will try your settings, maybe they work also for me, I do have a similar setup, thanks!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”