No Depth Map - Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition

BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

No Depth Map - Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition

Post by BazzaLB »

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition via steam. I thought I would try SuperDepth3D as someone had reported that it worked well. However, I don't seem to be able to get it to detect any Depth Map what so ever. I followed the guides but quite often there are less options in the latest software than outlined in the guides. I used SuperDepth3D successfully before but that was quite some time ago and it had a selection of Depth Map detection types to try whereas the latest version doesn't seem to give that option. (only normal and reversed)

When I view the Depth map, I just get a black/grey screen (ie no depth map detected). I set Reshade Depth detection on. Has anyone got this working successfully in the Complete Edition?

Cheers for any pointers.
BazzaLB

Re: No Depth Map - Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition

Post by BazzaLB »

Apologies for the shameless bump but maybe I'll try this another way. Has anyone got this working at all?
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

It worked for me. Some screenshots:
https://reshade.me/forum/shader-discuss ... lery#39433

[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Auto_Balance_Ex=0
Auto_Depth_Adjust=0.100000
Cursor_Lock=0
Cursor_SC=1,0
Cursor_Type=0
Custom_Sidebars=1
Depth_Detection=0
Depth_Edge_Mask=0.000000
Depth_Map=0
Depth_Map_Adjust=7.500000
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Depth_Map_View=0
Divergence=10.000000
Eye_Fade_Reduction_n_Power=0,0,0
Eye_Swap=0
FPSDFIO=0
Interlace_Anaglyph=0.500000,1.000000
Offset=0.000000
Performance_Mode=0
Perspective=0
Scaling_Support=0
Stereoscopic_Mode=0
View_Mode=0
Weapon_Adjust=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
Weapon_ZPD_Boundary=0.000000
WP=0
WZPD_and_WND=0.030000,0.000000
ZPD_Boundary=0
ZPD_Boundary_n_Fade=0.500000,0.250000
ZPD_Separation=0.025000,0.000000

I'm afraid I don't know if it still works...
I got bored with the game and uninstalled it some time ago.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

@costiq
Thanks for the response. I don't know why. I just never see any depth map so your settings just produce a flat display. Have to give up. Never have issues getting things working usually and I am quite PC savvy so have no idea why this is such a problem but must be missing something obvious somewhere. Maybe the latest reshade doesnt work with this. Who knows. Anyway, thanks again.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

With some games like Gears , Horizon zero dawn sometimes I have to relaunch game to have depth map working
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:05 am With some games like Gears , Horizon zero dawn sometimes I have to relaunch game to have depth map working
Thanks. I have tried pretty much everything now I think. No sign of a depth map what so ever. I can only assume the latest patches somehow broke the reShade SuperDepth3D support somehow. If someone has it running in the latest version of the "Complete edition" game, let me know. I used reshade 4.8.2.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Try it with reshade 4.7.0-MOD
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

Hi BazzaLB.

You managed to awaken the feline side of me, so I had to reinstall the game to satisfy my curiosity (and to try to help a fellow double-eyed). ;)

I can confirm that the latest version of the game still works with superdepth3d applied.
After reinstalling the game I have noticed that the ReShade version already applied in my previous install was 4.7.0.

So, I have updated ReShade to the latest version - 4.8.2 - and 3D still works!
Well, at first it didn't, but I noticed on the bottom of the ReShade panel that the Performance Mode was checked. After unchecking it... tada... 3D on! :)

Weirdly enough, after checking back the Performance Mode the game still runs in 3D.
In case this doesn't work, try the Reload button, also found on the bottom of the ReShade panel.

I have noticed the same problem on Assassin's Creed Valhalla. In that particular case, I have to reload the shaders 2-3 times for the depth map to become active.

Hope you get it to work. The game looks really good in 3D. The graphics are great. The reason I got bored with the game was mainly the main character which I found kind of uninteresting. I'm also not friends with the in-game combat... (but that's just moi). Good luck.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

costiq wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:10 pm Hope you get it to work. The game looks really good in 3D. The graphics are great. The reason I got bored with the game was mainly the main character which I found kind of uninteresting. I'm also not friends with the in-game combat... (but that's just moi). Good luck.
Woah, thanks heaps for that. I really appreciate it. Now I feel stupid and I must apologise for wasting your time (although you did prompt me to persist). I was trying to get this to work on the front menu. There is after all a nice mountain scene that I assumed would work. I decided to actually go into the game finally.. and sure enough, it all works. I just need to tune the depth settings now. So it was just that the front menu 3D scene does not produce a Depth Map.. I feel silly, but its not the first time!

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it :)
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

No worries. Glad it works for you too. Enjoy the vistas. :)
daspwan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by daspwan »

With the latest version of reshade,this game depth map will become flashing in Random place random time,Has anyone ever had such a issue?
aofelix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by aofelix »

aloys hair causes a weird aritfasct

edit: fixed it. old version had this issue. new version is much better from reshade.me and has halo reduction

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”