Help! 425 No longer Supported?

greg02
Cross Eyed!

Help! 425 No longer Supported?

Post by greg02 »

First of all thanks to everyone. I have been using driver 425... Now Windows has forced me to update and it says 425 is no longer compatible.
I have been rolling back the update each day and this is taking longer and longer each day to be forced to let it update and then roll it back.

I read around and understand that the 3D Fix Manager will allow me to use driver 452. Can I just let Windows update and then install and run 3D Fix Manager?

Very much appreciate anyone who can take a moment to confirm.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Help! 425 No longer Supported?

Post by Lysander »

What driver is it forcing you to install? You should be good up to 452.06. You can try uninstalling using DDU and let 3d Fix Manager install the card and 3d drivers for you.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

greg02 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 am I read around and understand that the 3D Fix Manager will allow me to use driver 452. Can I just let Windows update and then install and run 3D Fix Manager?

Very much appreciate anyone who can take a moment to confirm.
I was using 425 driver until recently because it had also 3DTV included. I now rely on 3DFixManager entirely. Such a great tool. In installs 452.06 driver and also 3DTV and it's totally Ok with my Windows 10 1903 PC.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

First of all giant thanks, 3D FIx Manager looks like its going to be my 3D salvation. Up to this point I've been just trying to avoid any updates like the plague and everything has been working well with 425. Now windows is forcing a new update that is no longer compatible with 425, so I updated and then downloaded 3D Fix Manager. I was amazed and relieved that everything appeared to be working with 3D Fix Manager (thank you all so much for this).

Now I hate to be picky and complain but Darksiders 3 is the first game that I have actually been somewhat impressed by visually and the fact that it runs good on my system. And unbelievably, even though everything else appears to be working, Darksiders 3 now crashes instantly as soon as you activate 3D.

I once again did a system restore, completely went back to Windows 1803 along with Nvidia Driver 425, and miraculously got everything working again. Big thank you for the tip to uninstall Riva tuner... had it not been for 3D Fix Manager giving me that important information I would have possibly been permanently stuck being unable to reinstall 3D Vision.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

greg02 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:03 am First of all giant thanks, 3D FIx Manager looks like its going to be my 3D salvation. Up to this point I've been just trying to avoid any updates like the plague and everything has been working well with 425. Now windows is forcing a new update that is no longer compatible with 425, so I updated and then downloaded 3D Fix Manager. I was amazed and relieved that everything appeared to be working with 3D Fix Manager (thank you all so much for this).

Now I hate to be picky and complain but Darksiders 3 is the first game that I have actually been somewhat impressed by visually and the fact that it runs good on my system. And unbelievably, even though everything else appears to be working, Darksiders 3 now crashes instantly as soon as you activate 3D.

I once again did a system restore, completely went back to Windows 1803 along with Nvidia Driver 425, and miraculously got everything working again. Big thank you for the tip to uninstall Riva tuner... had it not been for 3D Fix Manager giving me that important information I would have possibly been permanently stuck being unable to reinstall 3D Vision.
I guess Darksiders 3 crashed for you because you didn't start the game via 3DFM.
3DFM installs a local driver hack to the game directory on game start which fixes the crash - it won't work if you try to start via Steam directly ^^. Just use the "Play 2D" / "Play 3D" buttons and you'll have no issues. They are there for good reason.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Pauldusler wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:38 am
greg02 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:03 am First of all giant thanks, 3D FIx Manager looks like its going to be my 3D salvation. Up to this point I've been just trying to avoid any updates like the plague and everything has been working well with 425. Now windows is forcing a new update that is no longer compatible with 425, so I updated and then downloaded 3D Fix Manager. I was amazed and relieved that everything appeared to be working with 3D Fix Manager (thank you all so much for this).

I guess Darksiders 3 crashed for you because you didn't start the game via 3DFM.
3DFM installs a local driver hack to the game directory on game start which fixes the crash - it won't work if you try to start via Steam directly ^^. Just use the "Play 2D" / "Play 3D" buttons and you'll have no issues. They are there for good reason.
Thank you so much I hope that fixes it. For now I'm safe using my last build I will stay that way for as long as possible. But I am beyond relieved to see how well 3D Fix Manager fixed everything. Again, thank you all for you work, I will continue to donate when I can.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”