Anyone have Observer System Redux working?

Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Anyone have Observer System Redux working?

Post by Rhialto »

I've played Observer in 2018 and liked it so I bought the Redux version a few moths ago when it was hugely discounted.

Steam ask me to select which to play and when 3D is active, only the DX11 start the game but no 3D.

I've tried to setup UE universal fix but maybe there is something wrong I'm doing?

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Anyone have Observer System Redux working?

Post by Chtiblue »

Bound358 via discord had success with it:"The Observer - System Redux, works great with UE 4 UF 3.10, no issues that I can see at the beginning. You have to add -dx11 to the exe shortcut for it to work."
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

:)
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Added -dx11 in Steam launch option but 3D still don't kick in. In fact 3D emitter turn on but no 3D from the game.

It takes 60 seconds each time I start the game because of the intro logos and such which are not skippable, I think I will have a look at deleting files.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Rhialto wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:31 am Added -dx11 in Steam launch option but 3D still don't kick in. In fact 3D emitter turn on but no 3D from the game.

It takes 60 seconds each time I start the game because of the intro logos and such which are not skippable, I think I will have a look at deleting files.
Driver and windows Version???
Used ddu and cleaned up driver????
Der fullscreen in 3Dfm???
GPU???
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:19 am Bound358 via discord had success with it:"The Observer - System Redux, works great with UE 4 UF 3.10, no issues that I can see at the beginning. You have to add -dx11 to the exe shortcut for it to work."
oh, good to know! I was about to get the old version on a good discount but now will just wait for a Redux sale since it works in 3D :D
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Losti wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 pm Driver and windows Version???
Used ddu and cleaned up driver????
Der fullscreen in 3Dfm???
GPU???
Everything works fine, it's just a matter of setting up the fix in 3DFM I guess.

But since you asked, there is it for you:

Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Lysander wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:50 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:19 am Bound358 via discord had success with it:"The Observer - System Redux, works great with UE 4 UF 3.10, no issues that I can see at the beginning. You have to add -dx11 to the exe shortcut for it to work."
oh, good to know! I was about to get the old version on a good discount but now will just wait for a Redux sale since it works in 3D :D
Can confirm it works in 3D using Losti's fix also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Oh, yes! Another great game to add to the list. Thank you for the confirmation!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Losti

Post by Losti »

A fix is @ the blog, configured and added working auto depth hud and convergence, also starting in dx11 ifstarted with config tool or cmd i have added, thanks for finding out the starting problem @ skyrimer!

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/11/o ... ready.html
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

The file seems corrupted, 3DFM says Download failed and if I try to download manually https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/Observer ... 0_Losti.7z it won't open.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Rhialto wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:35 am The file seems corrupted, 3DFM says Download failed and if I try to download manually https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/Observer ... 0_Losti.7z it won't open.
sorry, forgot to upload ^^ fixed :-) :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Thanks, all working now!
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

I've just added Observer Redux to 3DFM. Please check for updates or simply restart 3DFM. You should get an update notification for profile version 2.42 then. Should work out of the box - it's not required to run Losti's bat tool as 3DFM automatically inserts Losti's Engine.ini and Scalability.ini additions to the game config files.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Has anyone completed the whole game, is the fix excellent throughout?
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Lysander wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:35 pm Has anyone completed the whole game, is the fix excellent throughout?
Must admit I haven't completed it. I did complete the normal version a while ago and was looking to redo this one but after a hour into it I haven't touched it then I began having weird problem with PC and just recently installed WIndows from scratch. Haven't installed it back yet, when I have some free time I play other games.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Lysander wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:35 pm Has anyone completed the whole game, is the fix excellent throughout?
yes, the fix is excellent throughout the whole game, I only experience really low performance in the "Her Fearful Symmetry" side-mission's last mind-part.

This game is really impressive in 3DV, feels like it had been designed with 3D in mind, especially the mind-blowing dream/mindhack-sequences. I feel bad for all those who had to play through this game in 2D...

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”