Vulkan 3D vision with RPCS3 (ps3 emu) and Xenia (X360 emu)

bd32
One Eyed Hopeful

Vulkan 3D vision with RPCS3 (ps3 emu) and Xenia (X360 emu)

Post by bd32 »

Thanks to amazing work by Helifax(I believe), we now have support for Vulkan and 3d vision. Was wondering if we will soon be able to play our recent past gen emulators, RPCS3 and Xenia in 3D? I tried running RPCS3 with Vulkan 3d and I got the overlay, but it showed I was in 2D. I played around a bit trying to get into full screen, but unable to get it to switch to 3d.

Is there a plan to support RPCS3 and or Xenia emulators with 3d vision support?

Thanks again for all the great work and sharing with the community.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Vulkan 3D vision with RPCS3 (ps3 emu) and Xenia (X360 emu)

Post by Chtiblue »

We can hope surely for RPCS3 but Xenia runs fine with DX12 butVulkan in Xenia is not working good
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

First of all, just putting VK3DVision in a game or emulator won't automatically make it 3D. It's all about the vertex shader injection points to stereoize the game, so you have to get to know how shader code looks first.

I got Demon's Souls working pretty good (just fixing some basic things) in RPCS3 in Vulkan (and performance is a lot better than in OpenGL) in the previous VK3DVision version, but currently there's a problem where VK3DVision doesn't get the correct output resolution, and it's being limited to 720p at least for games that were natively 720p, no matter what internal resolution I set in RPCS3.

Helifax is informed about this, and whenever this is fixed, I'll make a general RPCS3 fix like I did for OpenGL.

About Xenia, no idea. I never tried it.
Last edited by masterotaku on Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bd32
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bd32 »

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Thanks Masterotaku/Helifax!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

masterotaku wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:38 pm About Xenia, no idea. I never tried it.
There are rumors of an official RedDead Redemption re-master possibly making it's way to PC, but the Xenia version looks
pretty good, from this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXMaJHGnGDU Red Dead Redemption at 4K 60fps - 'Remastered' via PC Emulation!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”