The Medium

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

The Medium

Post by Lysander »

Well, this will be interesting - the game is UE4, so fingers crossed for the universal fix. But the game features a "dual-reality gameplay" where the screen seems to be split in half in some parts :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Medium_(video_game)
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Medium

Post by harisukro »

We need to wait for optimization update : https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performanc ... -settings/
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I was afraid of this after watching Digital Foundry's report today. It's the same team that made Blair Witch, which looks amazing but runs like crap and with The Medium it's also 2x rendering (so for us, it's 4x) in the split-screen scenes.

The game looks amazing and at least it has a DX11 path but yeah, looks like I'll be waiting it out for a few years.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

For some reason I didn't realize this game had a DX11 option, and figured I'd be running it with RTX/DLSS and superdepth3D. Now I am more curious, I hope the dual world/split screen does not trip up the universal fix.

I am not a fan of the fixed cameras, not good for 3D either. I suppose auto-convergence could take care of that, but I can't use it as my eyes prefer a setting up a manual toggle/cycle instead.
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

DX11 is working and is more smooth vs DX12.
Last edited by harisukro on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeGURU69
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZeGURU69 »

Indicated DX11 for the minimum configuration on steam
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

This game looks mighty good. The reviews are surprisingly positive. A 3d vision ix would be kick ass, but - as mentioned - performance seems to be an issue even in 2d.
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Game is installing, ill check this :-)

If its working out of the UE4-UF2 3.60 box i would really appreciate if you will some donations for the universal fix ^^ :-)

Any further fixes or adaptions will be available @ my discord channel

Ref: viewtopic.php?p=176576#p176576
Losti

Post by Losti »

The Medium - UE4-Version: 4.25.0.0

Seems to work perfect with UE4-UF-2 - V 3.60

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/12/un ... fix-2.html

(please excuse the low depth in the screenshots i have messed up my depth with EDID override as i was trying something for my projector ^^)

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

ah, fantastic - or, as they say in German - fantastisch :D

Incredible, incredible visuals and 3D. And yeah, the house looks very Polish :D

How's the performance?
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Amazing, the universal fix keeps on giving, now I wonder what happens with the split screen scenes, will it manage to render 3d properly or will it go crazy?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Losti

Post by Losti »

I will play the game tomorrow and report back.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

skyrimer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:41 pm Amazing, the universal fix keeps on giving, now I wonder what happens with the split screen scenes, will it manage to render 3d properly or will it go crazy?
I'm gonna play a little betting game here and actually bet it'll work - from what I understand, it renders each frame separately (hopefully at half-res) and then just combines the two halves for the final composed output. So 3dmigoto will force it to render 2x2 frames (to it, it's just more frames) and the same module that combines the two halves will do the same thing as before for each set of frames.

Fingers crossed.
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Looks amazing these screenshots. Fingers crossed for performance!!
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

UE4 engine crash here... 3D device being lost...
It crashes as soon as I have to "press any button to start"
Last edited by Chtiblue on Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:05 pm UE4 engine crash here... 3D device being lost...
It crashes as soon as I have to "press start button"
Are you using the global hack?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

Played for a few minutes and so far so good, it seems to work out of the box with UE4-UF-2 - V 3.60. I disabled dof, chromatic aberration, motion blur, grain, and lens flares in ue4's engine.ini file. I'm not sure if the game uses all these effects, but it's something I do in every UE4 game I play:

just open the following %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Medium\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and add
[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0

save and mark as read-only.

I found the game looks a bit blurry and flat even with AA off and downscaling from a higher res. So I added adaptive sharpening and a few other effects via Reshade and it looks stunning.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

skyrimer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:43 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:05 pm UE4 engine crash here... 3D device being lost...
Are you using the global hack?
Yep
Losti

Post by Losti »

sgsrules wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:03 pm Played for a few minutes and so far so good, it seems to work out of the box with UE4-UF-2 - V 3.60. I disabled dof, chromatic aberration, motion blur, grain, and lens flares in ue4's engine.ini file. I'm not sure if the game uses all these effects, but it's something I do in every UE4 game I play:

just open the following %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Medium\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and add
[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0

I found the game looks a bit blurry and flat even with AA off and downscaling from a higher res. So I added adaptive sharpening and a few other effects via Reshade and it looks stunning.
You can do all this by starting the game once with the configuration tool of the fix. It ensures best settings for exactly this and prevents issues like blure or temporal motion effects while moving settings AA to max suitible for 3D vision.
sgsrules
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by sgsrules »

Losti wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:37 pm
sgsrules wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:03 pm Played for a few minutes and so far so good, it seems to work out of the box with UE4-UF-2 - V 3.60. I disabled dof, chromatic aberration, motion blur, grain, and lens flares in ue4's engine.ini file. I'm not sure if the game uses all these effects, but it's something I do in every UE4 game I play:

[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0

You can do all this by starting the game once with the configuration tool of the fix. It ensures best settings for exactly this and prevents issues like blure or temporal motion effects while moving settings AA to max suitible for 3D vision.
thanks Losti, I was aware of that. I just like setting my own settings and knowing exactly what's going on under the hood ;)

Anyhow, I've played the game for a bit and the first portion is absolutely 3Dvision ready. I was surprised by how well it worked out of the box, even stuff like reflections, specular lighting, and effects that are generally a bit off all look perfect. Brilliant work on the UE4 Universal fix!

Once you get past the prelude of the game and get to the first "open" area in the woods, the shadows are a bit broken. It looks like for these larger areas they are only rendering correctly in one eye, the other eye is completely in shadow. It's not a huge issue since it only affects the larger outdoor sections. Other than that everything else is spot on.

*EDIT*
After some further experimentation, if you set the shadow quality to low it completely fixes the shadow rendering issue. It also gave me a fairly big performance boost. even if the shadows render issue gets resolved I would recommend setting shadow quality to low, my 2080 super was already struggling to maintain 30 fps at 1440p and the performance boost was well worth the trade off.

Cheers!
Losti

Post by Losti »

sgsrules wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:03 pm You can do all this by starting the game once with the configuration tool of the fix. It ensures best settings for exactly this and prevents issues like blure or temporal motion effects while moving settings AA to max suitible for 3D vision.
thanks Losti, I was aware of that. I just like setting my own settings and knowing exactly what's going on under the hood ;)
YEAH me too :-) The main thing i am afraid is, that something will be made wrong and issues reported that are not present. The major thing is the AA that can make strange things, not only blure or "motion sickness". The Script patches all the things and it doesnt matter what ingame AA/other AO effects like CO, MB etc you are using ingame. Just make sure you do not miss something. If you want to know what the tool is dooing by just starting it:

It adds the entries from the Scalability.ini (from the fix installation archive) to the Scalability.ini in the game config folder, and the entries from Engine_additions.txt to the Engine.ini. In very rare cases games ignores the things there and you run into transparency issues even by cycling the Transparency fix option in the ingame menu. In this case you need to set AA off in the user config via the config tool "manually" there is an option for that. What this is doing is replacing all entries of sg.AntiAliasingQuality=X in GameUserSettings.ini with sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0. In some cases you need this to turn of AA completely if the game will not offer this option.
sgsrules wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:03 pm Anyhow, I've played the game for a bit and the first portion is absolutely 3Dvision ready. I was surprised by how well it worked out of the box, even stuff like reflections, specular lighting, and effects that are generally a bit off all look perfect. Brilliant work on the UE4 Universal fix!
Yeah, this was a hardwork to get the Fix at this stage :-) I have checked approx arround 100 different UE-4 games for this.
sgsrules wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:03 pm Once you get past the prelude of the game and get to the first "open" area in the woods, the shadows are a bit broken. It looks like for these larger areas they are only rendering correctly in one eye, the other eye is completely in shadow. It's not a huge issue since it only affects the larger outdoor sections. Other than that everything else is spot on.
Have you read the blog post and the FAQ? If not, please refer to Point 13 there. If you stil do not want to use the config tool, please open d3dx.ini and change StereoFlagsDX10 = 0x00005008 to StereoFlagsDX10 = 0x00004008. This should solve shadow issues. IF NOT, ill have a look and fix this. But first please give it a try.

sgsrules wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:03 pm *EDIT*
After some further experimentation, if you set the shadow quality to low it completely fixes the shadow rendering issue. It also gave me a fairly big performance boost. even if the shadows render issue gets resolved I would recommend setting shadow quality to low, my 2080 super was already struggling to maintain 30 fps at 1440p and the performance boost was well worth the trade off.
Cheers!
Sould like the game is wors in performance like The Evli within?? Ill see :-))))))))))))))
Losti

Post by Losti »

Normally i would not answer those posts anymore BECAUSE they are not providing any information for tracking down the issue or to solve this. BUT its you Chiti :-))) SO:

0. Make sure to disable ANY overlay like ANSEL,NV-GFE, RivaServerStatistics, Sfterburner, Steam, Epic, GOG etc etc.... ANYTHING that leads to a desktop switch for many many games especially UE4 since engine 4.23 often leads to a crash to desktop! For example: My Spotify will show me the VOLUME that i am on the moment i change it, this is an overlay and the game switches to desktop - BÄM crash ^^

1. Is the Problem present in 2D if you turn off 3D in NVCP - YES/NO
2. Is the Problem present in 3D if you DO NOT USE any RegEx fix (uncomment include = ShaderFixes\ShaderRegEx_UE4_UNIVERSAL2_C44.ini in the d3dx.ini by adding a ; infromt of the line) - YES/NO
3. Is the Problem also be present without d3dx.ini (just rename or delete or move temporarely) - YES/NO
2. Please provide detailed System Setup information, Infos what 3D setup you use, driver, OS etc, everything that can help.
3. Please provide information on the things you have tried like:
- DDU + Clean Driver installation - YES/NO
- Standard Settings in the NCP - YES/NO
- Using 3rd party software like ReShade or any other things for games/this game? - YES/NO
- Read and follow the things mentiones there ref. crashes and hangups from the FAQ list at the blog post - YES/NO

:3D :woot
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Thanks Losti and sorry to not provide information but it was late and I was drunk :D

I have the problem without the fix too so it's not the fix but more a problem with UE4 like I have since a few months and latest version of windows... sometimes put back the desktop scaling to 100% solved the issue but there itdidn't.

I'll try with 3DFM and will report back
Cheers
Losti

Post by Losti »

//skipped
Last edited by Losti on Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Losti wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:37 am
Normally i would not answer those posts anymore BECAUSE they are not providing any information for tracking down the issue or to solve this. BUT its you Chiti :-))) SO:

0. Make sure to disable ANY overlay like ANSEL,NV-GFE, RivaServerStatistics, Sfterburner, Steam, Epic, GOG etc etc.... ANYTHING that leads to a desktop switch for many many games especially UE4 since engine 4.23 often leads to a crash to desktop! For example: My Spotify will show me the VOLUME that i am on the moment i change it, this is an overlay and the game switches to desktop - BÄM crash ^^

1. Is the Problem present in 2D if you turn off 3D in NVCP - YES/NO
2. Is the Problem present in 3D if you DO NOT USE any RegEx fix (uncomment include = ShaderFixes\ShaderRegEx_UE4_UNIVERSAL2_C44.ini in the d3dx.ini by adding a ; infromt of the line) - YES/NO
3. Is the Problem also be present without d3dx.ini (just rename or delete or move temporarely) - YES/NO
2. Please provide detailed System Setup information, Infos what 3D setup you use, driver, OS etc, everything that can help.
3. Please provide information on the things you have tried like:
- DDU + Clean Driver installation - YES/NO
- Standard Settings in the NCP - YES/NO
- Using 3rd party software like ReShade or any other things for games/this game? - YES/NO
- Read and follow the things mentiones there ref. crashes and hangups from the FAQ list at the blog post - YES/NO

:3D :woot
1 NO
2 Yes
3 YES

Win 10 latest, driver 452.06 with lates profile, no reshade &co, 3D hack enabled, no overlay
Game is launching perfectly when 3D is disabled in NVCP or 3DFM but crash just after press a button to start as soon as I press a button
Losti

Post by Losti »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:19 am Thanks Losti and sorry to not provide information but it was late and I was drunk :D

I have the problem without the fix too so it's not the fix but more a problem with UE4 like I have since a few months and latest version of windows... sometimes put back the desktop scaling to 100% solved the issue but there itdidn't.

I'll try with 3DFM and will report back
Cheers
NOW, crashing the things at the same point like you, ill investigate it and EDIT this post.....

//AUNT EDITH MEANS:

There are 2 Options to prevent the crash for me:

1. open dxdx.ini, search for full_screen=0, change it to full_screen=1 (or use the config tool to do this enable force full screen)
2. also working: right click Medium-Win64-Shipping.exe, choose properties, go to the compatibility tab, check disable fullscreen optimization
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Got it working!
It was something in the notification icons area! I don't which for now because I deactivated most of them buy I'll check on my next win10 relaunch
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Losti wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:24 am
sgsrules wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:03 pm Once you get past the prelude of the game and get to the first "open" area in the woods, the shadows are a bit broken. It looks like for these larger areas they are only rendering correctly in one eye, the other eye is completely in shadow. It's not a huge issue since it only affects the larger outdoor sections. Other than that everything else is spot on.
Have you read the blog post and the FAQ? If not, please refer to Point 13 there. If you stil do not want to use the config tool, please open d3dx.ini and change StereoFlagsDX10 = 0x00005008 to StereoFlagsDX10 = 0x00004008. This should solve shadow issues. IF NOT, ill have a look and fix this. But first please give it a try.
Yeah Point 13 (launch with key 2 alternate mode) seems to fix the shadows issue :)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Chtiblue wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:01 pm
Losti wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:24 am
Yeah Point 13 (launch with key 2 alternate mode) seems to fix the shadows issue :)
It's really terrible that not everything is just ok out of the box, but there are a few things that you can try out, but hardly any one makes it, very, very unfortunate. There was a lot of work behind it all, but I can't take everything from you. Thank you Chtiblue for showing that, even without my help, everything is ok if you JUST read the FAQ of the FIX POSTS and try a little!

I didn't write the and implemented the options without any sence behind :-)

READ and TEST, the options that are given to you! That's all I can do.

PS: The post is not going against you Chtiblue, it's a general statement regarding unused options by peoples, that bothers me since many months :woot

Annyway. Nice that the things are working here :-) With some hands on.
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Hi all

Has anyone tried to play this game for a while yet, so to get an impression of overall performance in 3d vision? In particular, how is the framerate in the dual scene areas? Thanks.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Losti's UE4 V3.60 fix is generally working great with The Medium. As mentioned above, I ran Mode Alternative 1 once to fix the exterior shadows. With my setup, I am generally maintaining 20-25 fps, even in split screen mode (4k resolution setting, but some other settings like Shadow quality reduced to maintain fps - see guides like https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-medium/bes ... ings-60fps). HDR mode does not work on my setup, turning screen/game black and requiring a .ini config file change to remove.

While trying to find Thomas in hotel, I encountered missing textures (checkerboard-like transparent pattern appearing on multiple surfaces, when moving to exterior balcony of hotel second floor. Using V3.60 troubleshooting mode, I identified a VS shader that enabled most of the missing textures to correctly appear. However, after removing this shader, interior scenes were now almost solid white - unplayable. Sorting the ShaderFixes folder to find the last changes, I removed the "fix" to restore prior operation. Has anyone found a way to restore these missing exterior textures while preserving the interior textures?
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 am Losti's UE4 V3.60 fix is generally working great with The Medium. As mentioned above, I ran Mode Alternative 1 once to fix the exterior shadows. With my setup, I am generally maintaining 20-25 fps, even in split screen mode (4k resolution setting, but some other settings like Shadow quality reduced to maintain fps - see guides like https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-medium/bes ... ings-60fps). HDR mode does not work on my setup, turning screen/game black and requiring a .ini config file change to remove.

While trying to find Thomas in hotel, I encountered missing textures (checkerboard-like transparent pattern appearing on multiple surfaces, when moving to exterior balcony of hotel second floor. Using V3.60 troubleshooting mode, I identified a VS shader that enabled most of the missing textures to correctly appear. However, after removing this shader, interior scenes were now almost solid white - unplayable. Sorting the ShaderFixes folder to find the last changes, I removed the "fix" to restore prior operation. Has anyone found a way to restore these missing exterior textures while preserving the interior textures?
1. There is a fix for this game: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2021/02/th ... y-fix.html , an improved Version ref. HUD/UI/Autodepth handlingan be downloaded from my discord channel: https://discord.com/channels/5157038646 ... 9907276811
2. Do NEVER disable VS in UE4-games! Many VS in this engine are responsible for different things. IF you want to disable effects, try to find a PS. In case a fix is postet @ the blog or my discord channel, its recommented to report the issue if you cannot fix it with the in game troubleshooting options and provide a savegame. I can than check the things.
3. Transparency issues are caused by FALSE POSITIVE object fixes in pixel shaders (PS). I have made a cycling mode for this cycling 4 modes, one of it, in dependency of the game, should work. NOTE: If you choose the wrong mode, may other issues with black or missing texturs or wrong rendering can occure that is not often vissible in the scene. I try to choose this mode for you if i release a fix but as always the game is not 100 % played, means i can miss something here. MEANS: In case of wrong object fixes (transparency, non syncrone on yes, wrong in any other case) please cycle to the 4 modes. This can be done INGAME, you can directly see the changes made to the scene here than.
==> IF non of the 4 Modes ware working for the complete game, jsut let me know. Currently i do not have found a game that was not OK on one of the 4 modes.
4. If non of the 4 modes are working, you can check if an object shader was applied here. There was an option to simply remove the fix from a false positive shader by the user but i have removed this from the universal fix because one of the 4 modes was ever working.

The best way for you here: Try Object Fix Mode 2 or 3 or 4 and check the mentioned spots in the game. If you have no success, can you give me some savegame? I can have a look than.

Please report back in any case.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thank you for your guidance, Losti.

Unfortunately, none of the 4 modes fixed the problem (cycling through LCTRL+NUM8), nor did the Flicker/Clip fix change anything. I started with the helixmod.blogspot fix, but stopped using it, because the main character had some rendering artifacts in the spirit realm split screen that did not appear with the basic UE4 fix. I transitioned to your latest version, V3.70, and finally identified a lighting PS shader causing the problem - 374840fb8d2706a8-ps. Thanks again for the help.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 am Thank you for your guidance, Losti.

Unfortunately, none of the 4 modes fixed the problem (cycling through LCTRL+NUM8), nor did the Flicker/Clip fix change anything. I started with the helixmod.blogspot fix, but stopped using it, because the main character had some rendering artifacts in the spirit realm split screen that did not appear with the basic UE4 fix. I transitioned to your latest version, V3.70, and finally identified a lighting PS shader causing the problem - 374840fb8d2706a8-ps. Thanks again for the help.
Ahh ok thanks for testing! So id like to check this in detail, may be its somethig new or that has to be watched ref. Other games. Do you have a savegame for me ?
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Losti - see Medium SaveGame at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3KmzfSn6ND (you may need to use Google's Chrome browser to download successfully). Simply go toward the light in the physical world to see the problem. Thanks for looking to see if this is universal problem.

For the best current rendering version of The Medium, I suggest starting with UE4 V3.60 (or V3.70), run Screen Depth/Shadow Issues? option once (to fix exterior shadow issues in early game), and adding the attached two files to the Medium ShaderFixes folder (first, delete .txt from .bin file name after downloading, to fix exterior lighting problem on hotel upper floor). Losti has provided GREAT options in his UE4 fix for any user to identify and fix problems like this! I also recommend adding sgsrules' suggested additions above to Engine.ini, for DOF, at a minimum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:25 am Losti - see Medium SaveGame at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3KmzfSn6ND (you may need to use Google's Chrome browser to download successfully). Simply go toward the light in the physical world to see the problem. Thanks for looking to see if this is universal problem.

For the best current rendering version of The Medium, I suggest starting with UE4 V3.60 (or V3.70), run Screen Depth/Shadow Issues? option once (to fix exterior shadow issues in early game), and adding the attached two files to the Medium ShaderFixes folder (first, delete .txt from .bin file name after downloading, to fix exterior lighting problem on hotel upper floor). Losti has provided GREAT options in his UE4 fix for any user to identify and fix problems like this! I also recommend adding sgsrules' suggested additions above to Engine.ini, for DOF, at a minimum.
I just wonder what you have changed in the Shader file and why you are not using tue Version from my Channel. It was a mich better HUD depth handling and autoconvergence Behavior.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Good news that .bin file is not required to be shared (this web site does not like this file type, anyway, preferring only the corrected VS or PS .txt files).

I do not know about your Discord Channel version, but I tried the helixmod.blogspot version (BASIC) when you mentioned that a game specific fix existed. However, I stopped using it immediately because the main character had some rendering artifacts in the spirit realm split screen that did not appear with the basic UE4 fix I had been using. This game uses almost no HUD, so its behavior has not been an issue. I did remove the first 2 assignments for XB_GUIDE in the V3.70 d3dx.ini, so the only remaining assignment was in the Low Convergence Key-ChangeConv section. A fixed convergence works great throughout game, except for inventory items - so, XB_GUIDE can be used to lower convergence when looking at inventory items.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:30 am Good news that .bin file is not required to be shared (this web site does not like this file type, anyway, preferring only the corrected VS or PS .txt files).

I do not know about your Discord Channel version, but I tried the helixmod.blogspot version (BASIC) when you mentioned that a game specific fix existed. However, I stopped using it immediately because the main character had some rendering artifacts in the spirit realm split screen that did not appear with the basic UE4 fix I had been using. This game uses almost no HUD, so its behavior has not been an issue. I did remove the first 2 assignments for XB_GUIDE in the V3.70 d3dx.ini, so the only remaining assignment was in the Low Convergence Key-ChangeConv section. A fixed convergence works great throughout game, except for inventory items - so, XB_GUIDE can be used to lower convergence when looking at inventory items.
Hm i would appreciate it if you or anyone have issues with one of my fixes that those things will be reported, that i have a chance to fix those and also to improve the UE4-universal fix.

However glad to see that people's adjust fixes to their likes.

But again: You have attached 2 files that seems to be catched by 2 RegEx but you say using this fixing some issue, so what do you have changed here ?
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

whyme466 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 am While trying to find Thomas in hotel, I encountered missing textures (checkerboard-like transparent pattern appearing on multiple surfaces, when moving to exterior balcony of hotel second floor.
This is the issue that my uploaded .txt file corrects. You can view the problem by testing the save folder that I provided in the link above.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”