Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered?

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered?

Post by Lysander »

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone can confirm the status of ACIII remastered, as the original version is no longer available on Steam? I saw this thread where Losti seems to indicate that he had a partial fix

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... -creed-li/

but it's not clear what the final status is.

Appreciate any insight!

thank you
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered?

Post by Losti »

I will not continue this fix. Sorry.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Ok, so I finally got this game with Odyssey.

Losti, your fix at https://s3.amazonaws.com/losti/Assassin ... stered.rar seems excellent with AC3 Remastered. I played about an hour to test various environments, got through the animus, theatre, ship journey and moved around the port town and the only issues were some water effects on the surface of lakes. Performance was very good, dipped to about 35 in the town, but most other areas were good 50-60s (1080).

I will try Liberation and report back because I didnt find much clear info on the status of these remastered versions other than maybe one guy's post on the nvidia forum.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I've played aciii Remastered for a few hours with Losti's wip fix and it works pretty good, I posted a few screenshots it the discord. There are some interiors like a shop when you arrive to Boston that had wrong shadows, but for the most part it's near flawless. I don't know about Liberation though, if you test it pls share how well it works.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Liberation looks great. There're some broken effects in cutscenes during the first chapter where you are the little girl, but once you reach the town at night as the grown-up, everything looks good bar the stars in the sky (skybox?) and some stuff on the ocean (probably same shaders as the ones in AC3 where water bodies are also a bit broken).

This should definitely be in the fix pool IMO.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Amazing to hear, I'm loving ACIIIR, I started playing aciii vanilla and looked really ugly, but the remaster has done a solid job and looks a lot better, so now with Liberation that's a ton more content in 3d to enjoy.

Now I hope they remaster aciv similarly, I don't know if it improved a lot back in the day over AC3 graphically, but I was really surprised how bad aciii vanilla had aged.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Losti

Post by Losti »

If you send me a savegame i an have a look, I need a bit of a breake after playing games non stop the last days and sometimes I prefere fixing than playing if the time is not worth to play a game within "under the week". I can have a look if there will be a quicksolution. I have stoped thefix because there was some strange thing within a mode i cant explain i dont know the game. But it was something like a ghost or exploration mode that was hardly broken, clipping etc. But im more skilled now than i was the time i made the WIP fix. So may be its a quick solution if this will help you.

Some day i need to listen to music to kick the working day out of my brain :-) So some fixing attempts with music are not the badest thing to do this :-)

But the fix (if i can do some things better here than the existing one) will be only available in my room @ disord for my supporters :-)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Sure, I will try to provide the saves over the next few days.
How does this discord business work, I've never used it?
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

3d Fix manager will have this patch?
How to add manualy?
Update is coming?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Please read the thread regarding future updates.
For manual instructions, follow the same steps as the current blog entry for AC3 but use the link above to download the zip.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

As i understand you should have provided SAVE to Losti. And then he will try. right? Have you done it?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Not yet
Losti

Post by Losti »

mycop wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:08 am As i understand you should have provided SAVE to Losti. And then he will try. right? Have you done it?
I will have a look if i find some motivation to do a bit of shader hacking, but IF SO, no update will be public here. You have to show your appreciation by donating me to have a chance of an update. That is my condition that I still do something that is not only for me. you may hate it, but that's my decision ^^

call me an bum-exit for it, but I no longer offer my work for free :-)
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

i See.
If I decide to make a voluntary-forced donationIt actualy called "pay" -right? :-D , I will contact you.
Until then, I'll be hoping for another users.(actualy not, because most part of game already finished)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Losti, so can you describe the process for your fixes? How does it work? You sell fixes? Where? You take contracts for fixes, i.e. we say "can you fix A" and then you fix it and then we pay? If this is your preferred way, that is totally fine, but the customers need to know how the shop works :D
For AC3 I wil ltry to provide saves today.
Losti

Post by Losti »

mycop wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:32 pm i See.
If I decide to make a voluntary-forced donationIt actualy called "pay" -right? :-D , I will contact you.
Until then, I'll be hoping for another users.(actualy not, because most part of game already finished)
This attitude is exactly what a large part of this community is sick with ... I hope you played the game in 2D and not with the fix I posted. Then hope to other users :-) Have fun!
Lysander wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:42 pm Losti, so can you describe the process for your fixes? How does it work? You sell fixes? Where? You take contracts for fixes, i.e. we say "can you fix A" and then you fix it and then we pay? If this is your preferred way, that is totally fine, but the customers need to know how the shop works :D
For AC3 I wil ltry to provide saves today.
I only offer help and support for those who have managed to make a donation to me in the last 7 months, regardless of the amount, or those who are still to come. The audacity with which some are proceeding is frightening, I follow this in the background both here in the forum and on the Helix Mod blog. I've sacrificed my time for far too long and tried always and everywhere to help, to improve something and to take the user by the hand. I therefore only offer my help to those who were / are not too bad to add a small contribution to a fix. I will not publish any more updates, also no help on the blog or here in the forum. I'm tired of so many resting on the back of others. Outrageously expensive hardware is being bought, but you are not even ready to pay 5 € for a 3D fix? And when I read comments like those from mycop, then I lose the desire to do something else ...

I have a private channel on the 3D-Vision Discord. Everyone who makes at least one donation to me gets access. It is not more. No, I don't sell fixes. I fix what interests me or fix fixes that have been posted and publish the updates there if a member in the channel asks for them. When I feel like playing and have time and don't want to or have to do something. There are 8 users who together account for almost 60% of the donations I received in one year. The rest is spread over 30 others, that's it. I'm grateful for that, but without these 8 people I would have drawn a line sooner. In view of the amount of donation and the willingness, I am of course more or less interested in fulfilling an extra wish for certain users or in dealing with problems more quickly. I don't give any guarantees or commit myself to anything and in return I don't want any expectations. My channel is an offer for those who have shown me that my work is worth at least a few euros, to offer help and updates, and every now and then a new fix.

If that's too stupid for the peoples here, they HAVE to do nothing but continue as before and hope for Masterotaku, Helifax or DJ-RK will fix a game they want to play, play 2D or Fake 3D. If peoples find it too stupid to contribute to the work of others, they have to help themselfe elsewhere.

And please don't start a big discussion now, it's my decision whether some of you here will like it or not. I don't like some things either, you just have to live with that. Call me an bum-exit, a greedy bastard, an egoist or whatever. I do not care :-)
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Dear Losti! Stop Flood! It is not you personal blog!
HArd Oftopic Below. im Sorry,
Let me dispel your suffering (or strengthen)
Since you have started this dialogue, I have to answer here once, but henceforth, use private conversation for such attacks.
Most of all in themes I do not like garbage and offtopic. Besides stupid advice and incompetence. Because of this, any topic is growing and the Internet is increasingly beginning to look like a trash heap. This makes me very sad. Also, I have repeatedly come across the fact that someone underestimated my work. But I don't shout about it in every post. For example, you do it by advertising your closed channel with a paid membership. From the first time it was clear to me what you wrote about. I don’t understand just why the moderators don’t consider it as an advertisement ... Perhaps because of your reputation, you are given concessions. in the usual cases of such a series of posts are erased or, at best, transferred to another section. This could have ended. But this was not enough for you. (little attention to your text?) I have not written anything rude or offensive. I just simply said that if necessary, I will Join. Of course not without irony. Because donations are - VOLUNTARY. If the donation is forced, this is already a payment. And to call it a donation is at least funny. And everyone chooses to buy something or not (even membership in the club). Just like you decide whether or not to take money for your work. In neither case, there can be any reproaches. If you were attentive, you would have noticed this, as well as the fact that I have NOT used your work yet. most of the game is already PASSED and therefore it's too late to change something. I had no idea that I would have difficulties. That is why I turned to the first topic of the same name that I found. Usually there is a joint discussion of the solution to the problem. But you chose to engage in controversy. Due to the fact that your works is supposedly NOT appreciated by others ... I hasten to disappoint. I am completely unfamiliar with your works! As well as not familiar with your closed club. And I don't know if it's difficult to do something or not. since in my understanding, all the work is done by the stereo driver and fixes are just some kind of "tuning" the depth parameters for specific games. Because for example there is no official profile for this game. Most likely I'm wrong, I'm not too familiar with this, otherwise I would not ask, how did you not notice again how to install the fix.
However ... I noticed that you are not once, asking to call you bad words for your decision. I see that it worries you. And if so, don't torture yourself. Perhaps the best solution would be to revert to the previous distribution model. I hope we have clarified everything and you will answer exclusively on the topic. And will help to other people if they asked.
Sorry for not good English
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

oh, ffs, not this again, guys :roll:
Losti wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:12 am I have a private channel on the 3D-Vision Discord. Everyone who makes at least one donation to me gets access. It is not more. No, I don't sell fixes. I fix what interests me or fix fixes that have been posted and publish the updates there if a member in the channel asks for them. When I feel like playing and have time and don't want to or have to do something. There are 8 users who together account for almost 60% of the donations I received in one year. The rest is spread over 30 others, that's it. I'm grateful for that, but without these 8 people I would have drawn a line sooner. In view of the amount of donation and the willingness, I am of course more or less interested in fulfilling an extra wish for certain users or in dealing with problems more quickly. I don't give any guarantees or commit myself to anything and in return I don't want any expectations. My channel is an offer for those who have shown me that my work is worth at least a few euros, to offer help and updates, and every now and then a new fix.
this is all I needed. I'm not going to call you names or anything, because that's unnecessary and immature - you are well within your right to offer your work the way you want to. What is the link the link to that channel? As indicated before, I have never used discord, so pardon me if I'm asking the wrong way.

mycop: Just as an aside, there's actually much more going into these fixes than tweaking depth/convergence :) These guys put many hours (often tens or even over a hundred!) into these fixes, because depending on the game, they have to fix a lot of shaders and go through the whole game to catch all of them. Check this video out to get a taste of the work involved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gv4thsWdjU
Please, do not get the impression that this is some noob-level mod-making by tweaking some numbers :) It's hardcore stuff.
Last edited by Lysander on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Here are the saves, Losti. In AC3, just turn around and you'll see the sea - the ships' reflections on the water are off.
In Liberation, the stars and the moon are off. There are also some jaggy shadow things on some objects but they're hard to find - I'm not sure what effect that is but it's minimal, not even sure if it's related to 3D fix. If you also start a new game and catch the chicken as the little girl, there will be the first cutscene - you'll see all kinds of weirdness.

AC3 saves go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\51904b11-d261-42b9-a70a-25c6e373c9b0\5183
https://support.ubisoft.com/en-us/Article/000063622

Liberation saves go here: C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Assassin's Creed Liberation HD\SAVES

You have to rename the liberation file to .sav

It'll be a long time before I fully play these game but the fix seems 99% complete, so if you feel like it, you can bring it to 100%.

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Here are the saves, Losti
You can't just take and apply other people's Saves. This requires the ACSave tool.
Losti

Post by Losti »

@ Lysander
Ill take it if i find some time those days, i am currently working on the Fix for BaldursGate 3 ^^ Thanks for providing.
please join 3D-Vision discord and ping me there https://discord.gg/tXHYhNK

@mycop
Perhaps the best solution would be to learn something and get informed before posting.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Losti wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:52 am Ill take it if i find some time those days, i am currently working on the Fix for BaldursGate 3 ^^ Thanks for providing.
np, thank you

I recall Helifax saying he'll be looking at BG3? viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25353&p=174098&hi ... +3#p174098 Might want to coordinate with him, would be a waste of your guys' valuable time to work on the same game

mycop - hm, I didn't realize that, thanks for pointing it out. So from the tool's page, I understand Losti will need to use it to convert them to his account? Doesn't seem like I need to do anything, am I understanding it correctly? Tool page: https://github.com/linzhouyu/ACST
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Doesn't seem like I need to do anything, am I understanding it correctly?
Not sure cause not used (only another game). Probably you need provide decryption key (wich part of you account) but maybe it automated. (try readme file on github)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Lysander wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:18 pm
Losti wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:52 am Ill take it if i find some time those days, i am currently working on the Fix for BaldursGate 3 ^^ Thanks for providing.
np, thank you
I recall Helifax saying he'll be looking at BG3? viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25353&p=174098&hi ... +3#p174098 Might want to coordinate with him, would be a waste of your guys' valuable time to work on the same game
Heli is currently playing games i think as he anounced and if he take up this game he will fix this in VULKAN. I am working at DX11. Would be great to have a comparison between both graphic "engines", i have never played a vulkan game in 3D yet.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Losti wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 am
Lysander wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:18 pm
np, thank you
Heli is currently playing games i think as he anounced and if he take up this game he will fix this in VULKAN. I am working at DX11. Would be great to have a comparison between both graphic "engines", i have never played a vulkan game in 3D yet.
Woah. You owe it to yourself to play one of his Doom fixes then :)
He said Vulkan will generally run better. But hey, if you guys do both APIs, then we can compare :D
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I am not interested in this fix preciselly, I am just here becuase of the link "Read this if you want a short explanation why" in the Helix Mod webpage. I just want to express my opinion about payment. I think this is destroying the spirit of this community. I prefer no fix reather than a fix forcing me to pay. If there is no fix, somebody can focus on making the fix, and if nobody makes it, I just don't play the game (life continues). I think this is all about making excuses to take money. I understand if takes time to make a fix and it is a work, but it is a work that people decide to share with others (I spend a lot of time for free with other matters in my life). Just hate when somebody forces other to pay.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

b4thman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:04 am I am not interested in this fix preciselly, I am just here becuase of the link "Read this if you want a short explanation why" in the Helix Mod webpage. I just want to express my opinion about payment. I think this is destroying the spirit of this community. I prefer no fix reather than a fix forcing me to pay. If there is no fix, somebody can focus on making the fix, and if nobody makes it, I just don't play the game (life continues). I think this is all about making excuses to take money. I understand if takes time to make a fix and it is a work, but it is a work that people decide to share with others (I spend a lot of time for free with other matters in my life). Just hate when somebody forces other to pay.
Nobody forces you to do anything, if you don't like it - just walk away silently :)

Each and every single shader magician have a right to decide for them selves - if donations is what rocks Losti's boat, then thats how it is, simple as that !
I can't and wont blame him for that, neither should you !
Losti

Post by Losti »

OFFTOPIC:

b4thman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:04 am I am not interested in this fix preciselly, I am just here becuase of the link "Read this if you want a short explanation why" in the Helix Mod webpage. I just want to express my opinion about payment. I think this is destroying the spirit of this community. I prefer no fix reather than a fix forcing me to pay. If there is no fix, somebody can focus on making the fix, and if nobody makes it, I just don't play the game (life continues). I think this is all about making excuses to take money. I understand if takes time to make a fix and it is a work, but it is a work that people decide to share with others (I spend a lot of time for free with other matters in my life). Just hate when somebody forces other to pay.
1. One payment that amount you desire for livetime access, even if this is only 5 €, i dont understand whats so hard here ^^
2. The spirit of this community is 80 % "OOHH A FIX, COOL, download and play but not send any donatation
3. I dont understand whats so hard (and even if this is only 1 €) to spend for a fix that consumed HOURS of a shader hackers time? Because he has fixed it for himself and it doesn't hurt to share the work? That is not right. A fix for yourself would not have gone as much work as in a fix that is needed for everyone. Only in example: I play with a gamepad, implement UI fixes for kayboad and mouse. For example, a universal fix is in no way made just for yourself. Believe me, you are usually faster to fix what you are playing and when you are playing the game than trying to make it robust against updates and usable for others.
4. When I see what people on youtube and instragram donate to their heroes, give presents, etc., I feel sick. After all, the Youtuber lives from what he does and does that quite well, he also works for it, but still receives donations and gifts. And if I send someone a gift package then the postage is higher than what the majority is willing to spend on 3D fixes.
5. "but it is a work that people decide to share with others" I think I shared a lot more than I got someone back and I was very committed and invested a lot of time here, it is time to get at least a small part for it if you want to continue to count on me, even if in very slimmed down manner.
6. "somebody forces other to pay" Nope, It's still voluntary to contribute. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

It is almost outrageous to complain that someone did NOT do something for free, especially since the access to my channel is a ONE-TIME DONATION. I can also say: folks, 5 € per fix, finished off. AND? Who wants to do what? You can accept it or leave it. A rethink is needed ^^

You should be damned lucky that despite that the NVIDIA has stopped the technology, it is still alive. Many shader hackers have left, and not without reason. It should actually be more difficult to get the technology up and running, but tools like 3DFM and universal fixes make it increasingly easier. What is behind 3DFM is often not respected. It's getting harder and harder to get 3D to work, drivers, Windows updates etc and behind the scenes people are working to make this possible for you. What would 3D be without a driver? Without "someone" figuring out how to install 3DV for drivers after 425.31, we would be hanging on 425.31, no SuperCard support just as an example. Thanks to the swing hack, even the latest OS versions are supported. Do you have any idea at what level the bets are being made here because you are "forced" to make a contribution? Do you have any idea what is behind everything that is now possible in 3D that would never have been possible with NVIDIA apart from "a few" games? And then you get scolded because you are persuaded to make a donation? Are you so stingy when you give a friend a drink in the bar? Do you look at the money if you order a beer yourself or for others (4-5 € / Germany) ???

The priorities here in the community are simply TOO clearly shifted for me to want to do this to myself longer than necessary.

Helifax lost a bunch of supporters on patreon, because he was not deliver "monthly"? viewtopic.php?p=176697#p176697
Pauldusler and Bo3B are paying for servers hosting fixes and 3dFM! And i think its mor than 5€/months...
Neve the less, read the post from DSS @ his Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/DarkStarSword

And now, answer this question: Do you really think that this community keeps alive if 80 % of you act like they currently do?

Yesterday I asked Bo3B whether I can publish fixes on the blog without a direct download link. If that's not OK with him, then that's over to it anyway.

As I proceed now, it is the only way that I will currently offer you. Design like this, or not at all. Like it or not. If Bo3B does not want to post fixes that require access to my channel, then I will not do that anymore. I will share my work in my channel. But only those who happened to read it here or found out about it elsewhere will find out about it.
Last edited by Losti on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Agree with Blacksmith60, we're fans of a dying hobby, so if donating a few euros / dollars is too much, nobody is forcing anything. I for one will gladly support Losti and other shaderhackers if I can.

Besides, afaik you're not paying for a fix, if I understand it correctly, Losti gives you access to the private channel in discord, which contains all those private fixes, present and future, so you actually get all of them for a single donation.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Losti

Post by Losti »

skyrimer wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:17 am Agree with Blacksmith60, we're fans of a dying hobby, so if donating a few euros / dollars is too much, nobody is forcing anything. I for one will gladly support Losti and other shaderhackers if I can.

Besides, afaik you're not paying for a fix, if I understand it correctly, Losti gives you access to the private channel in discord, which contains all those private fixes, present and future, so you actually get all of them for a single donation.

AND AT THIS TIME, i have to THANK YOU AGAIN mate for your contribution!

Skyrimer has made almost € 325 in just under 3 years through regular small contributions to my work on donations and I am very grateful for that and that has often motivated me. This corresponds to a rounded € 9 per month. I think Skyrimer plays a lot, so will play more than one game per month, but regardless of that, there was always a € 5 donation for an update of the UE4-UF2, e.g. In general, what shouldn't hurt anyone is wanting to enjoy 3D. I don't even expect regular donations but of course i dont not have anything against and it raises motivation ^^. I also think that Skyrimer donates not only for me but also for the others.

If everyone were to take on a small fraction of it like skyrimer does, 1. some well-known shader hackers would have remained and 2. this would promote the existence of the 3d community OR we would have been further. Who is doing e.g. after such a prospect of resonance, hours of work on a new 3D driver?
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

The irony is that I'm FAR from rich, but I simply shifted priorities. Games will always get cheaper, so I tend to grab them when they are 10 euro or so, but losing a shaderhacker is a loss you can't recover, so i prefer to use my money in supporting them, and purchase games later, it's not like I don't have a monster backlist of 3d games to play.

For example, this week we got The Medium working pretty well with UE4 universal fix. Also in the 3D Screenshots Discord channel I've posted about Little Nightmares working great with UE4 universal fix versus the original fix that had issues, and also Keep Out working flawlessly with UE4 UF. We got 3 games reported to be working great all thanks to Losti in a week. In comparison, in the same forum, I've posted pics of Panzer Dragoon Remaster, a Unity game that even with the Universal Fix has reflection issues and the HUD is at the wrong depth, so hardly playable. Sadly DHR left and the Unity universal fix hasn't been updated since 2018, and what a huge loss that has been. If we had helped DHR to keep around and the Unity UF was fully updated, we would have dozens if not hundreds of Unity games 3d ready, yet that isn't the case. I don't want that to happen again, so it's a matter of helping those that still fight for 3d vision gaming and keep them active, even with small donations.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Why did DHR leave? Did he not find it rewarding anymore?
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I only have praises to all people making possible to play 3D games (fixes and other things), once Nvidia stopped the support. I understand very well when sombody ask for a donation in exchange for his work. But the difference between "asking" and "selling" is BIG (forcing, selling..., we can call it as we want).

There are many different situations, people with more and with less money, people with a big interest in a game and people with only curiosity to see a couple of games. And people that spend weeks without playing 3D games and someday decide to spend a couple of hours (I am in that group lately). This community is small, and selling fixes makes it even smaller, and maybe convinces somebody to forget once and for all this way of playing games.

But of course everybody is free to make whatever he wants with his work. I just feel a bit dissapointed.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Losti

Post by Losti »

OFFTOPIC:
b4thman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:56 am I only have praises to all people making possible to play 3D games (fixes and other things), once Nvidia stopped the support. I understand very well when sombody ask for a donation in exchange for his work. But the difference between "asking" and "selling" is BIG (forcing, selling..., we can call it as we want).

There are many different situations, people with more and with less money, people with a big interest in a game and people with only curiosity to see a couple of games. And people that spend weeks without playing 3D games and someday decide to spend a couple of hours (I am in that group lately). This community is small, and selling fixes makes it even smaller, and maybe convinces somebody to forget once and for all this way of playing games.

But of course everybody is free to make whatever he wants with his work. I just feel a bit dissapointed.
I don't understand that it annoys some to give something back for our work, but it is still not a must. Especially since this is a one-time payment, the amount of which is determined by the user. There are of course differences in the financial situation of the people, but seriously, if I buy a game for 30-60 € and then spend another 5-10 euros on 3D, then it doesn't hurt, honestly. Nobody can tell me that. Especially since I have the chance to get more fixes for my € 5-10. I really can't see where the problem is. I doubt that the community will get smaller because I do it that way, there are a few others here who don't do it that way, CONGRATULATIONS! In my eyes, however, it would not be a problem to lose people who have no appreciation. If you are not ready to make ONE donation for help and support and future fixes you use and have fun with it, you have no place in the community in my eyes. A community, as the name says, is a community. In a community you help each other, you get involved, one does that, the other does that. But the fact that some ONLY do it and others not at all does not correspond to the spirit of a community. I know that a lot of people help here in addition to 3D fixes, I don't even want to deny that. Not everyone can do it. But there are simply too many who do nothing. Because they can't or won't do it, that doesn't matter at first. IF i'm one of those, it would only be fair if i made my contribution in the form of donations.

If someone with no 10 posts assumes that 3D fixing is just adjusting parameters and the rest is done by the driver, then I see once again how much understanding there is for what a game repair really means. Anyone who has not understood this and does not find my decision a good one can go to the devil in my eyes. Like many others, I've just done too much and got too little to not try to change that now.

Many just don't understand that! I released the first updated UE4-UF2 in mid-December 2019 and the current release almost exactly one year later. I worked on it all of 2020 to now have a fix that currently corrects almost every UE4 game instantly. That is well over 1000 hours! The RegEx-Patterns now exceed 26,000 lines, and that's not all that makes the fix universal and functional ..... Then almost 40 people managed to make a donation in one year. The 3D-Vision Discord Channel has over 1200 members. Nobody can tell me that only 40 of them used a 3D fix from me in the last year. Not to mention the over 5000 views of the Metro Exodus fix, for which I received maybe 15 donations in total. Others feel the same way. If there is no complaint about something to be given back for our work, I am lacking the penny to understand that. I for one donate DSS since over one year, even if he is not active this time. Since VK3DV i pay Helifax monthly, even if i dont use VK3DVISION or a fix with it. It is simply worth supporting people in their work, because I don't always have to benefit directly and immediately, but I force it to continue!

There are a bunch of people who have given HelixVision back because THE game they want doesn't work, it's about 3 EURO for access to a bunch of VR-3DV titles. Once again, it shows me how UNGRATABLE people can be. I just don't understand it anymore and don't feel like it anymore. If you feel too shame to make a contribution to our work, you can, as already said, go to hell in my eyes. I do NOT need anyone who thinks that way!

Better to be grateful for the 3D fixes than to get excited about a small contribution to the work. Software / game developers don't just give something without ADVERTISING or MONEY. A 3D fix is ​​partly comparable to it and then those who try to get a small part back for their work also have to justify the fact that they no longer make everything 100% free. Bad!
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Create a thread for yourself: "To Pay or NOT to pay ... that is the question." And offtop there as much as you like.
I do not understand why the moderators do not follow the forum ...
STOP IT!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

mycop wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:47 am Create a thread for yourself: "To Pay or NOT to pay ... that is the question." And offtop there as much as you like.
I do not understand why the moderators do not follow the forum ...
STOP IT!

How about you shut up and go away.

As a new poster, you are clueless about this community.

If Losti or any other community member wants to post something in any thread, it's fine by me and the others as well, I'm sure.

This is our forum for communicating about stereoscopic gameplay, hardware, fixes, as well as any and all issues/concerns/problems.

Since Losti is the one working on this fix, any and all discussions pertaining to it are legit.

People like you are one of the reasons that I strongly suggested years ago, that Helixmod blog require a log in to download fixes and have it's own forum. That way troublemakers could be banned.
mycop
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mycop »

Show me where there is a discussion of 3d, fixes or ANY useful information? What? not? well then... You are already crossing the line.
GTFO!
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

mycop wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:29 am Show me where there is a discussion of 3d, fixes or ANY useful information? What? not? well then... You are already crossing the line.
GTFO!
Seriously what is wrong with you? I hope you get banned like the troll that you clearly are.
I feel guilty for feeding you but I feel I need to stick up for people that have A) Contributed and B) Aren't arrogant and rude.
Clue, B= Not You, A=Not you.

*edited for clarity*
Last edited by russellk on Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Lysander wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:50 am Why did DHR leave? Did he not find it rewarding anymore?
There was some bad blood/disagreement/misunderstanding (insert generic observation here). It happens often in forums and it's not alway about right or wrong, as we don't know all the facts or how people really feel.
Sometimes people just get tired and lose motivation, but I'm not saying that applies to DHR, it's just a general comment.
DHR contributed an absolutely huge amount to where we are now and perhaps didn't get enough appreciation. I think that's part of a common theme, but it's only my perception, I can't put words into someone elses mouth.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
Losti

Post by Losti »

russellk wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:00 pm
Lysander wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:50 am Why did DHR leave? Did he not find it rewarding anymore?
There was some bad blood/disagreement/misunderstanding (insert generic observation here). It happens often in forums and it's not alway about right or wrong, as we don't know all the facts or how people really feel.
Sometimes people just get tired and lose motivation, but I'm not saying that applies to DHR, it's just a general comment.
DHR contributed an absolutely huge amount to where we are now and perhaps didn't get enough appreciation. I think that's part of a common theme, but it's only my perception, I can't put words into someone elses mouth.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... ing-fixes/

"some" times ago....!

If there is no reward, even the greatest enthusiast will eventually lose interest in the thing.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”