Need advice on Youtube videos & 3D vision

SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Need advice on Youtube videos & 3D vision

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Hi all, sorry I don't show up around here often, but I'm searching for some advice on whether or not it's possible to download a 2D Youtube video and play it back in some kind of software that would convert it to compatibility mode 3D. (Or even convert it straight from Youtube if I don't have to download it; I just figured that was a necessary step.)

The reason I'm asking is because I had an injury a few years ago that gives me severe chronic pain. Part of the pain management advice I have received from docs is to try some relaxation/breathing exercises using ASMR videos. I rather enjoy walking videos like this one : https://youtu.be/BOa0zQBRs_M

Listening in surround headphones is incredible, but of course it would be even better in 3D!

Am I dreaming or is the idea doable? Thank you :)
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Need advice on Youtube videos & 3D vision

Post by narhicfd »

The problem that has always plagued trying converting normal 2D video to Stereoscopic 3D with use of TriDef, Nvidia or whatever is that it lack the ability to give the the right looking 3D image. Yes there are programs that can do it but It doesn't know what part of the image to give depth and what part to make pop out. 3D movies that are made in 3D uses multiple cameras to record the right image or people use high tech software and go in them self, post process and separate the images correctly,...which takes countless hours. But yes, there is software to take 2D and turn into 3D but the image won't look right. Stuf that's supposed to appear in the background will appear to far up and so forth.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Forget 3D conversion, wont worth it at all... Download real 3D videos with double camera rig or create with real digital 3D.

You can begin with my YT page in my signature.

And here one of my post about 3D in French. If you can somehow translate that, it is full of usefull infos to get 3D and several links over time that you can found on the next pages :
https://forum.lesnumeriques.com/t/topic ... talk/42258
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Hmmm, okay, thanks for the info gentlemen.
t0mcpanc0ast
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by t0mcpanc0ast »

I think it is not a good idea. There are programs that can do this but as I've seen the comment above, such tools do not know exactly which part must be transformed to give your video the best 3D look. It's better to createa video in real 3D ar find 3D videos

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”