3D Fix Manager not seeing some of my installed games.

P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

3D Fix Manager not seeing some of my installed games.

Post by P.C.Zen »

3D Fix Manager has failed to detect a couple of my installed steam games.

So far it's missed Resident Evil 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I've tried deleting and re-installing Rise of the Tomb Raider and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing 3D Fix Manager, but I can't get it to see Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's not seeing Resident Evil 5 either.
Dpa3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3D Fix Manager not seeing some of my installed games.

Post by Dpa3D »

Yea, I get this with a lot of games in my steam folder. Tried re-installing and even modifying the search depth with no luck
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

Dpa3D wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 am Yea, I get this with a lot of games in my steam folder. Tried re-installing and even modifying the search depth with no luck
Hi, I just got the solution from chtiblue

Go to "Settings" --> "Application Settings" and under "Detecting Installed Games" tick the "Search games in specified directories (Search paths)" option. By default it should have the path to Steam's "common" folder in the "Search Paths" field.

Once you've ticked the box, click on "Search Games" and it should find the missing games. :)
Dpa3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dpa3D »

Thanks. Unfortunately I already went through these steps a few months ago, to no avail. It currently detects 72 of 199 installed steam games
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

P.C.Zen wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:29 pm
Dpa3D wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 am Yea, I get this with a lot of games in my steam folder. Tried re-installing and even modifying the search depth with no luck
Hi, I just got the solution from chtiblue

Go to "Settings" --> "Application Settings" and under "Detecting Installed Games" tick the "Search games in specified directories (Search paths)" option. By default it should have the path to Steam's "common" folder in the "Search Paths" field.

Once you've ticked the box, click on "Search Games" and it should find the missing games. :)
"Detection of games might fail if no info about the game is available in Windows registry. When this happens 3D Fix Manager tries to find the game via search paths but this might fail as well when no according search paths have been added to the application. In this case please make sure that all paths to your game libraries are listed in the search paths option (you find this in "Settings" tab -> "Application Setting" tab -> "Detecting installed Games")

If a game is still not listed you can force detection by setting up a custom install path for the individual fix profile (you do this by changing the search filter from "Installed Games" to "All Games" in the upper left corner. After that double click on the game in the list and navigate to "Custom Root / Game Path")"

quote from https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3 ... 1624087071 "Known issues".

I think Steam search paths aren't added automatically for some people when they haven't Steam properly installed. Properly installed means: Reinstall Steam after you reinstalled Windows! Most people just use Steam from the left over on drive D:\ or so...
As we got some complaints from Steam users as well I have added an alternative way to detect the location of the Steam client itself which is the key element to also detect the Steam libraries. This improved feature will be available in 3DFM 1.78.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:07 am, edited 10 times in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Are we talking here about games which have been fixed for 3D on HelixMod.Blogspot or are you talking about random Steam games? It's normal that only a small fraction can be found. Steam shop offers roughly 50 000 games while 3DFM only supports 1100 of them because only 1100 are 3D compatible.
Dpa3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dpa3D »

Pauldusler wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 am
Are we talking here about games which have been fixed for 3D on HelixMod.Blogspot or are you talking about random Steam games? It's normal that only a small fraction can be found. Steam shop offers roughly 50 000 games while 3DFM only supports 1100 of them because only 1100 are 3D compatible.
Hi,

I can confirm it affects fixed games. I re-installed steam and verified some game files to be sure. I have however tried the fix you listed in regards to custom install paths and it fixed Aliens: Colonial Marines, so I presume this will also fix the rest. Thank you very much!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”