Are Titan RTX cards compatible with Nvidia 3D Vision?

P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Are Titan RTX cards compatible with Nvidia 3D Vision?

Post by P.C.Zen »

I bought a Titan RTX instead of a 3000 series card when the prices dropped due to the launch Hype. The problem is I've not been able to get it to display 3D in anything but the Nvidia Control Panel setup Wizard.

I just reinstalled a new Win10 1809 an a separate drive and installed 425.31 and tried to run Alien Isolation, which has always worked for me regardless of driver or Windows version, but it doesn't display. I get the sound effects and the film grain but it's just black; film grain on a black screen.

I tried Alien Isolation on my fully updated Windows10 with the latest hacked driver but it wouldn't switch to 3D using 3D Fix Manager.

So far I've only been able to get it to display in 3D using the 3D setup Wizard.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Re: Are Titan RTX cards compatible with Nvidia 3D Vision?

Post by P.C.Zen »

Quick update:

I've been able to get Turing Test & Wolfenstein: The New Order working in 3D so far, but Alien Isolation just isn't working; I get the button prompts, the film grain and the sound effects but other than that it's just a black screen. I'm wondering if I should update the driver and see if it makes a difference.

I'm going to keep installing and testing games to see how things go.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

definitely, plenty of ppl running those cards on this forum. something is missing from your system - I had a similar thing happen to me with Helix's new Vulkan wrapper and this is what fixed it:
kpj0fing.1ob.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

Lysander wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:32 am definitely, plenty of ppl running those cards on this forum. something is missing from your system - I had a similar thing happen to me with Helix's new Vulkan wrapper and this is what fixed it:
Thanks; there's definitely something awry but not sure if it's that? I installed a fresh Win10 1809 so I don't have the Windows slider; only the 3D slider and it's set to on.

I'll have to switch to my other OS and see if that might be what was wrong with the installation on that one: it was launching and displaying but only in 2D.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

oh, there were additional steps to enable that windows slider:

"Soo... go in 3DFM -> Settings -> Nvidia 3D Vision and DISABLE/UNTICK "Apply Geforce Modifications via 3DMigoto"!!!
Then you will see another SLIDER bellow the 3D ONE (upper - right side of 3DFM).
ENABLE THAT :)"
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

Lysander wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:35 pm oh, there were additional steps to enable that windows slider:

"Soo... go in 3DFM -> Settings -> Nvidia 3D Vision and DISABLE/UNTICK "Apply Geforce Modifications via 3DMigoto"!!!
Then you will see another SLIDER bellow the 3D ONE (upper - right side of 3DFM).
ENABLE THAT :)"
Thanks, but are you sure you're talking about 3DFM 1.77 ?

I couldn't find "Apply Geforce Modifications via 3DMigoto" anywhere under any of the tabs?

Under the Settings tab I have: "Application Settings", "Nvidia 3D Settings" and "Display Profiles". There's a 3DMigoto section under the "Aplication Settings" sub-header but nothing in that section about applying Geforce Modifications.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

under nvidia 3d settings
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

@P.C.Zen: I'm fairly sure the bug you are seeing there is the ultra-high-convergence bug we introduced into 3DFM and HelixVision in last three weeks. Turn the convergence lower and I expect it works fine on Titan X.

@Lysander: The slider you are talking about is for the global driver hack. The global hack is only necessary on Win10 1903 or above, so there is no reason to show it on his 1809 version. Newer driver's don't need to be hacked, they just work.

But also, if you are running older games to play- just install 425.31 and be done with it. Save yourself time and grief. Newer drivers are just different, not better, no matter what the marketing department says.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

bo3bber wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:38 pm @P.C.Zen: I'm fairly sure the bug you are seeing there is the ultra-high-convergence bug we introduced into 3DFM and HelixVision in last three weeks. Turn the convergence lower and I expect it works fine on Titan X.

@Lysander: The slider you are talking about is for the global driver hack. The global hack is only necessary on Win10 1903 or above, so there is no reason to show it on his 1809 version. Newer driver's don't need to be hacked, they just work.

But also, if you are running older games to play- just install 425.31 and be done with it. Save yourself time and grief. Newer drivers are just different, not better, no matter what the marketing department says.
bo3bber, thanks so much. I was was playing around with the hotkeys trying to get it to work and it was simply that the 3D compatibility mode was set to off by default. It actually said it in the notes but I wasn't sure if that potentially referred to a possible original 3D compatibility mode it might have had (if it had one) that I thought may have needed disabling to make the fix work...? ...but no, it was literally just set to "off" by default for some reason. ??? :?

But yeah, it was just a case of turning on 3D compatibility (CTRL + Alt + F11).

No idea if this problem is specific to my setup or if there's been a change to the fix or 3D Fix Manager but yeah, 3D compatibility was just off by default for me.

As for the "Apply Geforce Modifications via 3DMigoto" option, like the slider, I think whether the 3D Fix Manager GUI displays the option must be context sensitive too? I'm on Win10 1809 and I'm just not seeing that option in any of the tabs.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”