WWE 2K Battlegrounds - Game doesn't launch in 3D Vision

lohan
Cross Eyed!

WWE 2K Battlegrounds - Game doesn't launch in 3D Vision

Post by lohan »

I just purchased the game without any doubts it would perform at least acceptable in 3D Vision out of the box. I also played every single entry of the main WWE 2K series that came out over the last 5 years in beautiful 3D Vision. Although there was no fix for any of those games, they performed quite well in 3D Vision without any major issues.

Since Battlegrounds is an Arcade Brawler with somewhat simplified visuals I expected it to perform even better in 3D Vision than the main series. And there was good reason for that hope:

The game is practically NBA Playgrounds just with Wrestling. It uses the exact same visual style, it also is DirectX 11 and also uses Unreal Engine 4. For the first NBA Playgrounds there was even a fix and NBA Playgrounds 2 performed acceptable in 3D Vision out of the box.

But somehow WWE Battlegrounds completely ignores 3D Vision. When I launch the game, it just launches in plain 2D. Even pressing the hotkeys for depth, convergence etc. doesn't do anything. Even the on-screen menu for depth doesn't appear when pressing the corresponding buttons.

Any idea? Is there any way to force 3D Vision to kick in (I already tried the hotkey for enabling/disabling 3D Vision and also switched between Windowed and Fullscreen). Unfortunately that doesn't do anything.
BaronVonNoob
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: WWE 2K Battlegrounds - Game doesn't launch in 3D Vision

Post by BaronVonNoob »

Have u tried launching the 3D vision test then launching battlegrounds? I used that method to launch Hell let loose (unreal engine 4) in 3D. I’d launch the game then switch to the test screen, then alt tab back to hll as it started. Sometimes it takes a few tries but it did work. Good luck :)
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

BaronVonNoob wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:47 am Have u tried launching the 3D vision test then launching battlegrounds? I used that method to launch Hell let loose (unreal engine 4) in 3D. I’d launch the game then switch to the test screen, then alt tab back to hll as it started. Sometimes it takes a few tries but it did work. Good luck :)
I dont think that this is because of the test screen. Often it works to alt+tab to windows and back again. Ore press Strg +T or alt enter and alt enter again.

Max be the Problem is related to this, should start Reader from here, lohan:

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=25207&start=40
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Just a thought... have you tried looking at the .exe's Compatibility tab? If you are on W10, I have found that disabling fullscreen optimizations and running in W8 Compatibility Mode usually does the trick. (Many times with newer games, all you need to do is disable fullscreen optimizations in W10 and can ignore W8 compatibility.)
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Thanks for all the help! I tried everything that was suggested here (Tab in/out of the game, launch the 3D Test App in background, change .exe to Windows 8 compatibility, disdable fullscreen optimization...)
Unfortunately nothing works. The game absolutely ignores 3D Vision!
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

One last idea... did you try changing full_screen=0 in the d3dx.ini to full_screen=1?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I had a play with game myself, Game appears to be running borderless fullscreen only, 3dmigoto won't force it to true fullscreen .ini options.
3dmigoto OSD still appears. None of the compatibility options work either (
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Exactly my suspicion, Necro!
I noticed that my mouse cursor is always present on screen when playing the game, which is a strong indicator for the game to be running in borderless. So are we lost now or is there any way to force real fullscreen?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Not that I am aware of. If 3dmigoto's force fullscreen chains doesnt work I dont know what else does. I refunded the game I can only suggest trying to see how it works in windows 7. KIngdoms underfire 2 for example no matter what I tried it refused to run fullscreen in 10 but worked completely fine in windows 7
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Have you tried adding "-window-mode exclusive" to the game shortcut?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

You serious, skyrimer!? THAT DID IT! I can't believe it.....

Just wanted to try this to confirm that it doesn't do anything. Launched the game...2D menu, just like expected...chose exhibition match...the character selection screen pops up...wait, what's this...the characters are rendered in 3D...can't believe my own eyes and jump right into a match...everything is fully rendered in 3D!!!

Now here comes the bad part! Right now it's severly broken in 3D. At the same time it looks like maybe just one effect has to be altered. Even with the glasses on, although you definitely get geometric 3D, it still looks somehow as if you would have the glasses off. So the characters appear "double" somehow. If this can get fixed somehow, this one will absolutely shine in 3D. The mindless over the top action with all those effects and especially those slow-mo scenes look awesome in geometric 3D. This much can be said even in this not really playable state its currently in!

...maybe the UE4 Universal Fix can help...

THANKS ALOT SKYRIMER!

Edit: Just had another look at the game. The main problem is indeed the quadruple images you get. Instead of the usual double (stereo) image, you get 4 images.

skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Glad it helped, it happened to me too in quite a few games.

I suggest you try the UE4 universal fix, just drop the files on binaries\win64 folder, right now it fixes 99% of the issues on most games thanks to Losti's hard work with it. Still the quadripled images is really weird, but give it a shot.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

UE4 UNIVERSAL FIX DID IT!

And by that, I don't mean that the game now properly renders in 3D with the usual remaining issues. This game looks almost perfect in 3D Vision by default!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Great news, I'll add it to my wishlist, have fun!
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Unfortunately, the game stopped working for me. Everytime I try do launch the game, the game crashes with the following crash-message:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unkwown] [Line:198]
Unreal Engine is exiting due toD3D device being lost. (Error:
0x887A0006 - HUNG)

Exactly the same happened with NBA Playgrounds 2 before. Used to run flawlessly, then, all of a sudden I got this crash every time I tried to launch the game.

This bug has nothing to do with the Universal 3D fix though. It's a known Unreal Engine 4 bug. So even in its default state (no Universal Fix installed), I get this crash now 100% guaranteed (in both games).
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

This game is really weird! After a DDU-wipe of my Nvidia driver, I managed to get the game running again. Unfortunately, it seems as if "-window-mode exclusive" does no longer work. The game launches in 2D although "-window-mode exclusive" is active in launch options. Also tried it on my 3D Vision laptop. 3D no longer kicks in. When I tried the game on my laptop I also noticed there was a tiny update. So maybe, that one changed things for the worse. Just wanted to let you know...
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Can't believe it! Currently, the game runs flawless in 3D Vision on my 4K OLED...AGAIN! (no launch option "-window-mode exclusive" required). On my 3D Vision laptop 3D doesn't kick in though...

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”