Crysis Remastered - Any hope for a fix?

lohan
Cross Eyed!

Crysis Remastered - Any hope for a fix?

Post by lohan »

The game releases today. Is any of our beloved 3D-prophets interested in fixing this one? Or are there any roadblocks already known that would prevent a fix?
john105
Cross Eyed!

Re: Crysis Remastered - Any hope for a fix?

Post by john105 »

I would also love to see it fixed. The original unfortunately was never fixed.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

For the original, you can try this...

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2014/10/crysis-dx9.html
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

It's not a proper fix. It's more like a demo that bo3b did for https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... erhackers/ as far as I know.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Ahhh... been so long since I played the game - can't even remember if I tried bo3b's work on it back in the day! :D
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

john105 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:39 pm
It's not a proper fix. It's more like a demo that bo3b did for https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... erhackers/ as far as I know.
Depends upon the level of quality that you require. :D

That fix is perfectly acceptable, if your bar is pretty low. What it does it take it from completely unplayable.. to playable.

But it's not a fix like we have gotten used to nowadays, because it disables shadows instead of fixing them.
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

I played that game in 2D only once before 3D Vision, back when it just came out, but was hoping to replay it again someday in 3D.
bo3bber wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 pm That fix is perfectly acceptable, if your bar is pretty low.
Unfortunately for me, my bar is pretty high. :D You're right that I've been spoiled by the great 3Dmigoto fixes for other games. But in any case, thanks for your efforts for that particular fix and in general!
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

I just had a look at various comparison videos. It really seems the original 2007 release is still king! While the Remaster is able to mask its inferiority with over-saturation and popping colors, its the finer details that are still better in the original release. Comparing phsyics effects and details in general, it seems the Original is still ahead of the Remaster. An example would be swaying vegetation that is greatly affected by wind in the Original vs. nearly stiff vegeation in the Remaster. Also the destructible environment seems to have taken a hit in the Remaster. These results don't really come as a surprise, since the Remaster is based on the inferior console version (PS3/XBOX 360) and not on the original PC version.

If interested, just have a look at this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hmQRiJIVM&t=480s

For me, I guess, it's the original version then. Will be much cheaper, I will be able to play it in glorious 3D (although with some disabled effects) and it still seems to be the best version overall!
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

bo3bber wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 pm
john105 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:39 pm
Depends upon the level of quality that you require. :D

That fix is perfectly acceptable, if your bar is pretty low. What it does it take it from completely unplayable.. to playable.

But it's not a fix like we have gotten used to nowadays, because it disables shadows instead of fixing them.
Sorry to disagree, Bo3b (it's me - "Makara" / "Sateesh" from Helixmod) - but your Crysis 3D fix is bloody brilliant! After upgrading my GTX 970 to a RTX 2070, I gave it a go - and even in DX9 it looked amazing - thank you!

Here's the odd thing - "Crysis Warhead" actually works mostly great without a 3D fix - and in DX10 mode too - although I suppose Warhead had a completely new / different Graphics engine to Crysis...
makarastar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by makarastar »

lohan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:25 am I just had a look at various comparison videos. It really seems the original 2007 release is still king! While the Remaster is able to mask its inferiority with over-saturation and popping colors, its the finer details that are still better in the original release. Comparing phsyics effects and details in general, it seems the Original is still ahead of the Remaster. An example would be swaying vegetation that is greatly affected by wind in the Original vs. nearly stiff vegeation in the Remaster. Also the destructible environment seems to have taken a hit in the Remaster. These results don't really come as a surprise, since the Remaster is based on the inferior console version (PS3/XBOX 360) and not on the original PC version.

If interested, just have a look at this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hmQRiJIVM&t=480s

For me, I guess, it's the original version then. Will be much cheaper, I will be able to play it in glorious 3D (although with some disabled effects) and it still seems to be the best version overall!
Thanks...I just went back to the original after getting a new GPU - and was wondering whether the upgrade was worth it...but won't bother now...

It's clearly not on the level of upgrade of say Resident Evil 1 from 1996 to the upgraded HD version in 2015...
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Work has begun on a fix. :woot

Edit: And it's on sale right now on Epic, btw
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

DJ-RK wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:12 pm Work has begun on a fix. :woot

Edit: And it's on sale right now on Epic, btw
whaaaaaaat :O DJ is on fire. I guess I'll have to replay this remaster at some point then :) At least until the snow part...
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Lysander wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:37 pm whaaaaaaat :O DJ is on fire.
C'mon, we didn't REALLY think that I would spend a near 3 whole weeks working on a fix and relearning this engine in and out only to stop at Ryse, a game that can probably be beat in a single afternoon's session, now did we? :lol:

Actually, I wasn't exactly planning on working on this... I kinda forgot it existed, and I think I thought it was unfixable for one reason or another (probably because I remembered reading it had raytracing, which I assumed meant RTX, but it's actually just built into the engine). I was actually planning on porting the Ryse fix back to Crysis 2 & 3, and ironically thinking maybe taking a stab at fixing the original Crysis in DX9. But then I came across this in the Epic sale, Googled and confirmed it IS DX11, bought it, hooked up the Ryse fix, and it definitely didn't fix the game out of the box, but some of my regexes on common patterns did pick up matches and I've started looking at some of the more challenging shader types and they are looking pretty familiar and reasonable, so it's like the stars have aligned for this fix, and it's off to a solid start.

Only thing is I'm already spread a little thin, and I have to be careful, one of my bad habits is to release a WIP and think it's good enough, only to not return to completing it. I'm still committed to completing ME:L (and hoping to evolve 3D Zoom into an autoconvergence shader for that, which is it's own little project) and getting back to my XCom fixes to get them released... but if I'm being honest, this project here does excite me the most, and since I managed to get my ME:L WIP out I think I'll afford myself this weekend to see how far I can get with Crysis before getting back to ME:L, and maybe do a little juggling of my time between the two.
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Great news DJ-RK 😎
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

DJ-RK wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:36 pm
C'mon, we didn't REALLY think that I would spend a near 3 whole weeks working on a fix and relearning this engine in and out only to stop at Ryse, a game that can probably be beat in a single afternoon's session, now did we? :lol:

Actually, I wasn't exactly planning on working on this... I kinda forgot it existed, and I think I thought it was unfixable for one reason or another (probably because I remembered reading it had raytracing, which I assumed meant RTX, but it's actually just built into the engine). I was actually planning on porting the Ryse fix back to Crysis 2 & 3, and ironically thinking maybe taking a stab at fixing the original Crysis in DX9. But then I came across this in the Epic sale, Googled and confirmed it IS DX11, bought it, hooked up the Ryse fix, and it definitely didn't fix the game out of the box, but some of my regexes on common patterns did pick up matches and I've started looking at some of the more challenging shader types and they are looking pretty familiar and reasonable, so it's like the stars have aligned for this fix, and it's off to a solid start.

Only thing is I'm already spread a little thin, and I have to be careful, one of my bad habits is to release a WIP and think it's good enough, only to not return to completing it. I'm still committed to completing ME:L (and hoping to evolve 3D Zoom into an autoconvergence shader for that, which is it's own little project) and getting back to my XCom fixes to get them released... but if I'm being honest, this project here does excite me the most, and since I managed to get my ME:L WIP out I think I'll afford myself this weekend to see how far I can get with Crysis before getting back to ME:L, and maybe do a little juggling of my time between the two.
My whife allways claims that men are unable to multitask, but obviously she's wrong :D

But do remember your girlfriend mate, anyway awesome news - THANKS :woot :woot
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

DJ-RK, as your were the sniper Elite master fixer, perhaps it will be interesting to see how your fix working with sniper ghost warrior contracts, kill cam inside 😉. I can check it for you if you want.
Sniper ghost warrior 3 was very good with DHR fix and sniper ghost warrior contracts 2 will be out next week.
Onemanstanding
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Onemanstanding »

Good news about the Crysis 3 fix,
though I'm hoping to see the Xcom 2 and Chimera Squad fixes the most.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:21 am My whife allways claims that men are unable to multitask, but obviously she's wrong :D
Trust me mate, I am NOT the man to be proving your wife wrong on that front.
Chtiblue wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:00 am DJ-RK, as your were the sniper Elite master fixer, perhaps it will be interesting to see how your fix working with sniper ghost warrior contracts, kill cam inside 😉. I can check it for you if you want.
Sniper ghost warrior 3 was very good with DHR fix and sniper ghost warrior contracts 2 will be out next week.
I am taking the approach of evolving these fixes to hopefully becoming at least a somewhat universal CryEngine fix (I'll be happy if I can at least cover the most basic and common issues, at least), so hopefully I'll at least have you covered there. I'm pretty sure I actually do own Ghost Warrior Contracts, so I do have some interest in the game, but I'm not really invested in the GR franchise at all, really (I don't think I've played a single game in the entire franchise to date), so it's not particularly high on my list and I don't want to give you any false assurances, but it's at least in the realm of possibility. Fortunately, there really aren't THAT many CryEngine games, so it does make for a pretty good candidate for when I am focusing on universalizing the fix.
Onemanstanding wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:01 pm though I'm hoping to see the Xcom 2 and Chimera Squad fixes the most.
I'll try not to keep you waiting too much longer for those, perhaps I'll see if I can find some time this week to at least make some progress (maybe not necessarily a release this week, though, but soon).
Performance results here

Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

and now someone made an enhanced edition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpdwVNqy8L0

Which one is better? I have no idea.
Onemanstanding
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Onemanstanding »

I'll try not to keep you waiting too much longer for those, perhaps I'll see if I can find some time this week to at least make some progress (maybe not necessarily a release this week, though, but soon).

That would be fantastic DJ-RK, no rush though, as I know you are busy.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

DJ-RK wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:32 pm
Chtiblue wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:00 am DJ-RK, as your were the sniper Elite master fixer, perhaps it will be interesting to see how your fix working with sniper ghost warrior contracts, kill cam inside 😉. I can check it for you if you want.
I am taking the approach of evolving these fixes to hopefully becoming at least a somewhat universal CryEngine fix (I'll be happy if I can at least cover the most basic and common issues, at least), so hopefully I'll at least have you covered there. I'm pretty sure I actually do own Ghost Warrior Contracts, so I do have some interest in the game, but I'm not really invested in the GR franchise at all, really (I don't think I've played a single game in the entire franchise to date), so it's not particularly high on my list and I don't want to give you any false assurances, but it's at least in the realm of possibility. Fortunately, there really aren't THAT many CryEngine games, so it does make for a pretty good candidate for when I am focusing on universalizing the fix.
Great DJ-RK!

Indeed there aren't hundred games with Cry Engine but some could definitly worth it like Hunt Showdown, Shadowside, Aporia, Investigator... and some more to be released soon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CryEngine_games
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

DJ-RK wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:36 pm
Well, I didn't really think anything, was just happy the fix was released =D

But looks like your efforts will have great longevity, as they plan on remastering the whole trilogy:

https://www.polygon.com/22463357/crysis ... lease-date
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

.../

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”