Middle Earth: Shadow of War (Gameplay bug, Last Stand issue)

Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful

Middle Earth: Shadow of War (Gameplay bug, Last Stand issue)

Post by Pure Mana Supreme »

Hi, yeah I'm finally going through Middle Earth: Shadow of War now that I've upgraded from 1080 Ti to 2080 Ti a few months ago and although the fix works great there is an issue when you go down and have a last stand chance to survive where the button prompt animation doesn't align properly and you can't really tell when to press the corresponding button. Is there a fix for this? I tried posting this question over in the 3D Vision Discord and at the respective fix page at Helixmod.blogspot.com but so far no help with this. This is a fairly decent game and it looks amazing in 3D but this is a fairly game-breaking bug (dying 100% of the time to captains). The issue also presents when the orc captains have their last stand and always win. The fix is applied via 3D Fix Manager using the latest version of 3DMigoto.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of War (Gameplay bug, Last Stand issue)

Post by bo3bber »

I have not looked at this fix, but in Shadow of Mordor there was a similar problem because of the cursor cutout interfering with these survival QTE. What I think is happening is that the override for the cursor uses a cutout box in the center of the screen to avoid affecting other pieces of the UI, but that when the QTE arrives it can be partly in that box and distort.

The UI elements of Mordor were a nightmare, because they all use the same single shader, and probably similar in War. However, it might be worth looking into the d3dx.ini file and see if you can narrow down the texture or shader override that causes problems. You can comment some out and see the effect on the game. If you find the one that is glitching, you could add a key cycle to it so that it would disable or enable whatever is conflicting.
Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of War (Gameplay bug, Last Stand issue)

Post by Pure Mana Supreme »

bo3bber wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:59 pm I have not looked at this fix, but in Shadow of Mordor there was a similar problem because of the cursor cutout interfering with these survival QTE. What I think is happening is that the override for the cursor uses a cutout box in the center of the screen to avoid affecting other pieces of the UI, but that when the QTE arrives it can be partly in that box and distort.

The UI elements of Mordor were a nightmare, because they all use the same single shader, and probably similar in War. However, it might be worth looking into the d3dx.ini file and see if you can narrow down the texture or shader override that causes problems. You can comment some out and see the effect on the game. If you find the one that is glitching, you could add a key cycle to it so that it would disable or enable whatever is conflicting.
I just wanted to say thanks for the reply, I've reverted to 2D on the AW3418DW for this game (3440x1440), vastly better colors and smoothness vs 50 FPS because of 3D Core Bug on the PG278Q, I do love the 3D though, I have fond memories of Shadow of Mordor in 3D Vision (780 TI SLI and single 980 Ti)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”