Tera UE3 DX11 Cutscenes broke how to fix?

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Tera UE3 DX11 Cutscenes broke how to fix?

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey All,

I was working on Tera DX11 UE3 with the universal fix, now everything looks good except the Cutscenes they have what looks like a Blur or smear effect on the charachters in the cutscene..
Now they do not last very long and I am unsure if I can bring them up at will but since I am using DHR's UE3 Fix how would you go about fixing something that should be fixed?

I am wondering because it seems like trying to hunt the shader in the limited time would be tedious and would it be the regex that would need tweaking or the VS itself?
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
4everAwake
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Tera UE3 DX11 Cutscenes broke how to fix?

Post by 4everAwake »

You can maybe identify the problem shader using "analyse_options" in the d3dx.ini. Remove the semicolon from the beginning of the line "analyse_frame=no_modifiers VK_F8". Also add this on the next line: analyse_options = dump_rt jps mono clear_rt

During the cutscene, when the blur effect appears, quickly press the F8 key. In the newly created FrameAnalysis directory, there should be a bunch of JPG files. See if you can find the problem shader there.
My rig:

GTX 1070 (driver 452.06), Intel i5-6600k, 16 gigs RAM, Windows 10 (2004)
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

yes that is a good idea thanks .. I will try that but will have to wait for another cutscene :)
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I beleive the problem was only in the Starter area with the Cutscenes.. I past the starter area and had a cutscene it looked fine.. I am not going to worry about the starter are and I made a note on the blog about it..

So good for now unless I see it again in another cutscene..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

it turns out they are broke in the other area as well. I found the shader for the 1 cutscene it was infact one that was supposed to have been fixed in the regex but it is not.. I will have to wait to get another cutscene and try and track down the exact shader as I had 3 in the first hunt but I dont think 3 are broke..

So would I fix this in the shader or the regex? if it is too be fixed in the regex what exactly would I need to do?

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”