ALT + F1 3D Screenshot not working?

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

ALT + F1 3D Screenshot not working?

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey guys,

I have a little problem I can't seem to figure out. I am trying to fix Tera DX11 and use Helixvision. now I may need a 3D screenshot for diagnostics but for some reason it does not take the screenshot. yes I know where the nVidia 3D screenshots are stored of course, unless they changed it?

I went into HelixVision and seen where the screenshot hot key was so I changed it too ALT + F2 and it still does not work, I am wondering if there is something in the UE4 v2.10 d3dx.ini that was disabled or something.

Been looking in the ini for a while and I still do not see anything that had disabled the screenshots from being taken. but it is so jumbled up with info it is making it hard to sift through.. I was wondering if anybody knows in the UE4 Migoto d3dx.ini if there is a line and what line might that be that disables the 3D screenshots?

I was wondering if Losti had disabled this feature for his massive fix in UE4 Universal fix?
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: ALT + F1 3D Screenshot not working?

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I cleared out my 3D screenshots only 10 where there and I tried taking a screenshot in Arma 3 and it worked no problem.. maybe Tera blocks 3D screenshots or something. this is really weird..

Would MSI Afterburner cause an issue with 3D Screenshots or another 3er part program?
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I am just going to use 3D migoto way of a screenshot at least it works.. not sure what Tera does but I am having issues even running the game in 2D.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

I have re-installed the driver from thw scretch after using DDU, i was having the same issue several times and after the reinstall the Screenshots Option was working again.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I also see this in Tera.

Here's a strange thing- if I move the cursor off the game screen, then it pops into 3D, and I see the NVidia overlay, and can take screenshots using Alt-F12 which I've set as the NVidia snapshots.

I'm using HelixVision with game specific driver overload/schwing hack. Driver 446.14.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Yes Tera was what I was talking about. I was just going to use Migoto as the swcreenshot taker as that worked fine. I am no longer looking into fixing these games I pulled it from the blog maybe someoene will fix it IDK??
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

The_Nephilim wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:40 pm Yes Tera was what I was talking about. I was just going to use Migoto as the swcreenshot taker as that worked fine. I am no longer looking into fixing these games I pulled it from the blog maybe someoene will fix it IDK??
Quick question, how do you use Migoto for screenshots? Having the same problem as you that I can’t take screenshots the regular way. Used DDU and reinstalled driver and 3D vision. Again had to manually create the folder for the screenshots in the documents folder but no luck in multiple games getting 3D screenshots saved.

Hope another method will do the trick!
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

Addition: when I installed GeForce Experience it allows screenshots to be taken with alt+F1 but they are regular 2D screenshots which isn’t helping much. What am I missing here?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:57 pm If that key or key combo (Alt) (F1) or (Alt+F1) is assigned within the game, it can cause issues. Rebind it in game or use 3D Fix Manager or Advanced 3D Vision Configurator or
manually reassign by editing your registry as needed. Printscreen is also often assigned in-game.

Like say if you used Control +F1, control is very often assigned to crouch and can cause issues.

Also Steam has key(s) assigned to taking screenshots, as do 3rd party apps like MSI Afterburner. So just be sure that there is nothing pre-empting your stereoscopic screenshot with a 2D one, I suppose.

3DMigoto has VK_SNAPSHOT assigned to PNS output
VK_SNAPSHOT = 0x2C=PRINT SCREEN key
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... -key-codes
Reassign it to whatever you want in the d3dx.ini

It could also be Ansel related, if you do not use Ansel, be sure to disable it. I keep it disabled, since I do not use it and it can cause issues in some games.

AFAIK, the default stereoscopic screenshot function does not work with OPenGl, Vulkan or DirectX 12. If using geo-11, I've no idea, do a forum search.

Note: 3DFM or 3DVCon can also be used to adjust picture quality, or you can manually edit the registry
https://3dvision-blog.com/5265-making-b ... 3d-vision/
https://3dvision-blog.com/3053-modifyin ... -you-need/
I appreciate the detailed reply.
Most things I had tried already, I researched the internet and found the two links you mentioned, and I am “at the end of the line” here after spending a full day on this topic. People will just have to take screenshots themselves and post them here I guess.

I tried to get something to work with 3D Migoto and changed the value to a few alternatives (like with the code for “backspace”) also nothing happening when starting the game again.
Not sure if I need to change anything else like the “no modifier” comments etc and where it saves the files but after a search of my system no .pns files were found anywhere.

Really appreciate it but I’m just going to enjoy playing as I mentioned 😎. Weird that this eludes me, but I’m giving up……..
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:45 pm By default, stereoscopic pics are saved as a .JPS file in C:\Users\"User Name"\Documents\NVStereoscopic3D.IMG, unless manually changed to the PNS file format.

I personally use Advanced 3D Vision Configuration to modify pic key(s) and quality. AFAIK, 3DFM has all of these features included in it as well.
https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2015/10/a ... ation.html

I can not comment on newer drivers, since I'm using 425.31, but you can try simply taking a screenshot of the Nvidia test while it's running, to verify that
the basic functionality of taking stereoscopic screenshots is indeed working.

FWIW, I haven't used it in a long time, but SView (stereoscopic image viewer) was/is a good alternative to the Nvidia viewer.
Thanks for the suggestions. Might be that the issue is that I have an RTX2070 Super which doesn’t allow driver 425.31 to be installed. I tried 452.06 and 452.22 with same result. Still had image files with clean install of Windows 10 20H2 and Windows 11 21H2 and tried to get it to work on both configurations as well, no luck.

3D Migoto is also not creating any screenshots for me.

Good suggestion to try the test application but also not working.

Unless someone has a third party software for this (or full install of NVidia screenshot software) I’m pretty much “dead in the water” here.
For some reason in neither of my systems the “NVStereoscopic3D.IMG” folder in my documents is not showing and needs to be manually created and software for Stereoscopic 3D Viewer also manually needs to be copied into Windows/SysWOW for this to work.

Maybe the fact that all these need to be done manually is an indication that the installation is missing some files.

(I used various 3D Vision software including the one included in the last 3D fix Manager) so tried them all…..
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:56 am I only used 452.06 for a very short while, so sorry, I'm no help with newer driver issues, if indded that is what it is.
But if a screenshot isn't taken in the test, there is certainly a driver issue. Perhaps try a re-install with DDU (Direct Driver Uninstaller)
Do you see these DLLs nvimage.dll nvimage64.dll nvstview.exe

But I wonder if moving the DLLs around in the DCH driver might help as explained in this thread
viewtopic.php?t=26356

Perhaps, a forum search may provide a solution, that I'm not aware of.

It also occured to me that 3DMigoto most likely will not create the storage folder and is relying on the default Nvidia folder to be there,
so perhaps try manually creating the folder in both public and user document folder NVStereoscopic3D.IMG

Hi, I tried everything. Already did DDU on multiple configurations. Tested with different installations of Win 10 and Win11, with and without driver hack. Copied the NVidia 3D Vision dll files in the file repository directory for my Alienware (nvdmi.inf …….etc) after taking ownership. Also copied all files into Windows/SysWOW64 and Windows/System32 with reboot.
No luck not even on the test application with changed shortcuts etc. So I think I really touched on everything. I have drivers 452.06 and 452.22 not using newer drivers given no DX11 support unless Geo-11 can be used with DX9 output.

So in short I appreciate the ideas and most of them I already tried prior. But another few days later still nothing.

Unfortunately not all games support Ansel otherwise I could try to take 3D screenshots with that it seems.

If there is no other 3D capture software out there that supports 3D Vision I think I’m done…..:
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”