[Project] 3D Vision fix database

3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

[Project] 3D Vision fix database

Post by 3DJ »

Greetings y'all!

I just wanted to share the 3D games database I've been working on with some fellow community members.
The point of it is to have a comprehensive, yet intuitive list of games that work with 3D vision that's easy to view and navigate.
Sources:
  • NVIDIA stereoscopic 3D rating
  • Helixmod blog (new entries added automatically)
  • 3D Fix Manager profiles
  • Tridef 3D Ignition compatible games
  • NVIDIA forums
  • MTBS3D forums
  • Work-In-Progress (WIP) fixes
  • User-reported tweaks and reviews

• You can search games with CTRL+F
  • You can filter by engine/API/rating/date/etc.
  • You can sort by engine/API/rating/date/etc.
  • You can group by engine/API/rating/date/etc.
  • You can hide engine/API/rating/date/etc. columns
For instance, you could use the filter to see which fixes/methods work with the engine/API of a game that lacks fixes.
Or you could sort games by 3D rating.
Or you could just sort games by 3D fix date to see if anyone has reported their experience with a new fix.
This is just a way of giving back to a community that's still actively strong sharing fixes and providing help in general.
I'm not usually active on forums but if you wanna contact me or wanna help managing the database, I'm on the 3D Vision discord server or you can add my username: 3DJ # 5 4 2 6
Last edited by 3DJ on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Re: [Project] 3D Vision fix database

Post by russellk »

I literally just saw this on the Discord yesterday. I think I've only ever looked on there twice so it's quite a coincidence.

Anyway, it looks really good, thank you :-)
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Wow! This is amazing; thank you very much! :woot
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Great work! Thanks alot!
zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

Great work!

Thank you for sharing.

I hope there will be an update about all those "DirectX ?", i'm curious to know what games don't have DirectX 11, to know the games not eligible for 3D Migoto SBS.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

zaibaker wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:52 am Great work!

Thank you for sharing.

I hope there will be an update about all those "DirectX ?", i'm curious to know what games don't have DirectX 11, to know the games not eligible for 3D Migoto SBS.
Yeah, "DirectX ?" mostly comes from parsing the NVIDIA driver profiles and those 3D games had the DirectX flag, so we're gonna need help doing manual research to specify the DX version and most importantly, which fix method works with them.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

3DJ wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:52 am

Thank you for sharing.

Yeah, "DirectX ?" mostly comes from parsing the NVIDIA driver profiles and those 3D games had the DirectX flag, so we're gonna need help doing manual research to specify the DX version and most importantly, which fix method works with them.
Keeping things updated is the hardest part.

There is already a database of games with fixes, and which are DX11. It's all built into 3DFM/HelixVision. You can choose to show on the fixtype of the DX11 games in the top left dropdown.

It currently lists 1110 games with launching and setup details. PaulDusler and I manually keep the database up to date as much as possible. Because it's manual, there are going to be errors. But we fix stuff as it is reported.

3DFM is not a web based list, so not a direct match, but keeping 3DFM and your database in sync would be helpful.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

bo3bber wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm
3DJ wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:52 am

Thank you for sharing.

Keeping things updated is the hardest part.

There is already a database of games with fixes, and which are DX11. It's all built into 3DFM/HelixVision. You can choose to show on the fixtype of the DX11 games in the top left dropdown.

It currently lists 1110 games with launching and setup details. PaulDusler and I manually keep the database up to date as much as possible. Because it's manual, there are going to be errors. But we fix stuff as it is reported.

3DFM is not a web based list, so not a direct match, but keeping 3DFM and your database in sync would be helpful.
Ohh that's right!
I went ahead and updated the API for DX9, DX11 and OGL games on the spreadsheet using 3DFM types (Excluding No 3D fix, Unverified and Verified)

Do you happen to have a list of fixes that are in 3DFM but not on HelixMod blog? All the Helixmod fixes should already be on the spreadsheet but I'm assuming the missing ones from 3DFM are user-submitted/WIPs so it'd be great to add them as well.

Some fixes like X-Plane 10 are on Helixmod but not on 3DFM, I'm assuming it's because Helixmod links nowhere but maybe it'd be safe to assume it works with OpenGL3DVision, unless they were removed to avoid triggering anticheat or something. That's something i've been considered flagging on the database to warn users.

Also, the database uses the original API instead of DX11 for games that user dgvoodoo cuz it already implies DX11 is ultimately gonna be used.

@bo3bber I'm guessing you're bo3b, right? If you want permission to edit/manage the database, by all means. Feel free to use the referral link on the original post to create an account and send me the email address you used via direct message here or on Discord (contact info at the end of the original post). But if you got your plate full maintaining 3DFM, I'd understand.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Update: Almost 5,000 entries and counting!
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Update: Tekken 3 (PlayStation 1 - PCSX-R PGXP emulator)

Need for Speed Porsche (PlayStation 1 - PCSX-R PGXP emulator)

Driver 2 (PlayStation 1 - PCSX-R PGXP emulator)

Ghosts n' Goblins (NES - 3DSen PC emulator)

Super Mario World (SNES - SNES9x sidebyside emulator)
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

This is amazing!! How is stereoscopic game play rendered in these older games vs how stereoscopic gameplay is rendered in modern games? Or to put in a better way, how does 3D vision know what needs to be sepperated to create the right picture? Does it work with many games?? I'd love to play some of the megaman X games in 3D.
Are you pretty familiar with the megaman game franchise and a fan of them??
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

narhicfd wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:51 pm This is amazing!! How is stereoscopic game play rendered in these older games vs how stereoscopic gameplay is rendered in modern games? Or to put in a better way, how does 3D vision know what needs to be sepperated to create the right picture? Does it work with many games?? I'd love to play some of the megaman X games in 3D.
Are you pretty familiar with the megaman game franchise and a fan of them??
As far as I know, this is how these work:
  • For 3dsen PC (NES emulator), pixels are converted to voxels (think of it like 3D pixel cubes) and then the author manually tweaks position and design of individual sprites in a 3D space. Then 3D Vision comes in and uses this 3D space information to generate 1 view for each eye.
  • For SNES9x sidebyside (SNES emulator), it displaces sprites layers left or right, depending on the draw priority/overlay order (what gets drawn on top of what), thus creating depth. Then the emulator outputs side by side (left and right) images and then a monitor like my VG278H with side by side to 3D Vision conversion takes care of the rest. We're looking into the possibility of implementing native 3D Vision support for monitors without SBS conversion.
  • For PCSX-R PGXP (PlayStation 1 emulator), even tho the PS1 lacked the ability to display 3D models accurately (I think it was just flattened triangles with each point being moved around on a flat surface, and using inaccurate coordinates, hence why textures and polygons wobble a lot, cuz they kinda "snap" to the next position in a 3D space which wasn't so visible at the native low resolution but is jarring at high resolution). But that was fixed via emulation, especially with PGXP which "stabilizes" models by adding depth and GTE which adds sub-pixel precision. By having 3D depth information, Tridef Ignition works as a middle-man between the emulator and 3D Vision so in this case, 3DV just displays the views generated by Ignition.
  • For modern games, 3D Vision can usually work natively as long as some basic requirements are met (like running on DirectX versions like 9 and 11, compatible graphics engine, tested/fixed by NVIDIA, etc). However, it's not unusual to find minor to very noticeable visual glitches and that's where the shaderhackers community comes in. They use tools to hack the game's graphics so they're displayed correctly in 3D (which usually involves giving depth to certain visual elements).
I haven't tested any of the Megaman games in 3D Vision but I read that 1-3 are compatible with 3Dsen.
Download: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147940/3dSen_PC/ (Tho I got a free demo from the 3DSen discord server)
Guide: https://airtable.com/shrraIPxGgCE1hzq3/ ... aZdOdZsmAk
You could try X games on SNES9x side by side.
Guide and download: https://airtable.com/shrraIPxGgCE1hzq3/ ... UbIrzTr4Kb
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

So just passed 5.000 entries in the database, impressive.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

skyrimer wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:51 am So just passed 5.000 entries in the database, impressive.
And counting!
Many of them are hidden because they need to be verified, since a bunch of sources have duplicate/identical reports on certain games.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Update: Image
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

3DJ, thanks again for info you've put put into this database. I finally got my Nvidia card put in couple days ago and for now I'm learning my way around 3D fix manager, which is what I went into learning to start.
The current prob I'm having is that I don't know how to add a game to 3D vision that doesn't already have a profile for it. How do I make profiles for newer games that aren't on the list of supported games and how do I transfer a game profile to another and trick Nvidia in thinking the game I'm trying to play is really another?
I often found with TriDef, that the best way to play a game that wasn't on their list of supported game was to pick a game profile that used the same game engine and then transfer that profile to the game I was actually trying to play.
Could you give me a link or send me to a diff post that would explain this please, thanks again.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hey sorry to interrupt. You will get better help from the devs here but look at this program for adding profiles to games ... https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... gws-wiz-hp

Nvidia profile inspector is whats its called

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:57 pm Hey sorry to interrupt. You will get better help from the devs here but look at this program for adding profiles to games ... https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... gws-wiz-hp

Dom
Thanks for the info Dom! I'll check that out.
So, adding a game profile on 3D vision isn't quite as simple TriDef was. How well do games work using one frofile for another, if they have the game engine mechanics??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

narhicfd wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:20 am
Dom wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:57 pm Hey sorry to interrupt. You will get better help from the devs here but look at this program for adding profiles to games ... https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... gws-wiz-hp

Dom
So, adding a game profile on 3D vision isn't quite as simple TriDef was. How well do games work using one frofile for another, if they have the game engine mechanics??
I think if the game has the same engine most things like shadows and lighting works good if fixed. Another thing you can do and what others do is to "rename the .exe of the game you are playing to a current profile name in 3D Vision". So if you are playing droid.exe and there is no profile for that game and there is a profile for sollidlightening.exe game you can rename droid.exe to solidlightening.exe and it will use that profile for it.

Hope that helps,

Dom

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:00 am

Dom
I think if the game has the same engine most things like shadows and lighting works good if fixed. Another thing you can do and what others do is to "rename the .exe of the game you are playing to a current profile name in 3D Vision". So if you are playing droid.exe and there is no profile for that game and there is a profile for sollidlightening.exe game you can rename droid.exe to solidlightening.exe and it will use that profile for it.

Hope that helps,

Dom
Cool, thanks for info. Lastly, How do you just add a random game, that you don't want to use another profile for, but just want to play in compatibility mode.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Dom

Hope that helps,

Dom
Cool, thanks for info. Lastly, How do you just add a random game, that you don't want to use another profile for, but just want to play in compatibility mode.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

narhicfd wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:45 am

Hope that helps,

Dom
Okay, I think I see, you can use the Nvidia inspector to add non3DV games to 3D vision.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

narhicfd wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:43 am

Hope that helps,

Dom

Okay, I think I see, you can use the Nvidia inspector to add non3DV games to 3D vision.
Hi, I'm not exactly sure but I thought if there is no profile you just press ctrl+f11 to load compatablility mode once 3d vision kicks in with ctrl+T hotkeys. You may need to load the game in fullscreen exclusive or fullscreen borderless I think for 3d vision to load on some new games.

Also look here at HelixBlog Spot: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/03/ho ... e-and.html

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-guides.html

look at helixblog spot they have alot of fixes and info there. Yes you can use Nvidia Inspector to add games and change settings.

Cyberia on Youtube

3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Hope that helps,

Dom
So to sum it up, just a couple things:
- First and foremost, check if the game you want to play has a fix listed in the database.
- If it doesn't, see if there are fixes for games using the same game engine and API by using the filter
- If you don't find anything, use Inspector to either add the game's exe to a game known to work in 3D, or make a new profile, add the exe and enable StereoProfile
- If you can get 3D running but effects are so broken that it's unplayable, try lowering the graphics settings
- If you get 3D but performance is awful even on lowest settings (not uncommon on modern games), then try compatibility mode
- If compatibility mode works, consider using Compatibility Mode Unleashed which is an improved version that performs and looks better AFAIK (https://3dsurroundgaming.com/CMUnleashed.html)
And last but not least, if you do find the right configuration to get a game to run in 3D, please don't forget to report it to the database with the form here: https://airtable.com/shrE9MBnBLfpiefLh
Good luck!
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

3DJ wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:16 am

- First and foremost, check if the game you want to play has a fix listed in the database.
- If it doesn't, see if there are fixes for games using the same game engine and API by using the filter
- If you don't find anything, use Inspector to either add the game's exe to a game known to work in 3D, or make a new profile, add the exe and enable StereoProfile
- If you can get 3D running but effects are so broken that it's unplayable, try lowering the graphics settings
- If you get 3D but performance is awful even on lowest settings (not uncommon on modern games), then try compatibility mode
- If compatibility mode works, consider using Compatibility Mode Unleashed which is an improved version that performs and looks better AFAIK (https://3dsurroundgaming.com/CMUnleashed.html)
And last but not least, if you do find the right configuration to get a game to run in 3D, please don't forget to report it to the database with the form here: https://airtable.com/shrE9MBnBLfpiefLh
Good luck!
Thanks 3DJ for all
the info!
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Good luck!
Hey 3DJ, I wanted to swing back to this post since I've become decently familiar with 3D vision by now. I'm making a post to bring this back on main page. Is there a discord page or something where conversations can be made on this type of 3D games?? I'm curious...has anyone tried Mega Man legend with use of PS1 emulator?
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

narhicfd wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 pm

Good luck!
Hey 3DJ, I wanted to swing back to this post since I've become decently familiar with 3D vision by now. I'm making a post to bring this back on main page. Is there a discord page or something where conversations can be made on this type of 3D games?? I'm curious...has anyone tried Mega Man legend with use of PS1 emulator?
Sorry for the late response, but you're in luck cuz there's a Discord server dedicated to 3D vision https://discord.gg/tXHYhNK
Also, I made a couple fixes for 3D in a PS1 emulator (PCSX-R PGXP):
https://airtable.com/shrraIPxGgCE1hzq3/ ... edAHIDp0kH
https://airtable.com/shrraIPxGgCE1hzq3/ ... xzDbfZChSv
Haven't yet tried it on DuckStation which seems to be a much better emulator, but good luck!
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

3DJ, I see that the ps1 emulator Duckstation was added to compatibility use for 3D. Thanks for making Duckstation compatible with 3D vision!
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

narhicfd wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:29 pm 3DJ, I see that the ps1 emulator Duckstation was added to compatibility use for 3D. Thanks for making Duckstation compatible with 3D vision!
My fix was for PCXR-PGXP which is pretty hit or miss.
The much better-looking fix for Duckstation was actually done by masterotaku, the real MVP
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

3DJ wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:21 pm
narhicfd wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:29 pm 3DJ, I see that the ps1 emulator Duckstation was added to compatibility use for 3D. Thanks for making Duckstation compatible with 3D vision!
The much better-looking fix for Duckstation was actually done by masterotaku, the real MVP
So, yesterday, I played my first snes game in 3D using snes9x side by side. The 3D is decent. It had some stuf off on depth and convergence though. I was playing mega man x3. My question is though can the depth and convergence be adjusted? I don't see any options to increase the values.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

narhicfd wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:39 am
3DJ wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:21 pm
So, yesterday, I played my first snes game in 3D using snes9x side by side. The 3D is decent. It had some stuf off on depth and convergence though. I was playing mega man x3. My question is though can the depth and convergence be adjusted? I don't see any options to increase the values.
Sadly I don't think we can adjust depth cuz it seems hardcoded, and the source code seems abandoned and also made private (https://sites.google.com/site/xmktjw/Home/files/)
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Added Geo-11 mode, so feel free to submit new fixes/settings that work.
Or you can just post it on HelixMod, the database automatically fetches new entries every day.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Thought I'd bump this post for people who might not be aware of 3DJ's game database. He is doing a good job on maintaining the database, which is the key aspect for stuff like this, and so I've also added a direct link to his database off the HelixModBlog page on the middle navbar.

Whenever I test a game as working in nvidia_dx9 output mode, I'm adding a note to his database, so you can find games that work.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Thanks, bo3bber!

Also, added a link to search database more easily: https://airtable.com/shr6ZgjKXUPQQCAuW

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”