Microsoft Flight Simulator DX11 only confirmed

Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Microsoft Flight Simulator DX11 only confirmed

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

Greetings fellows! So it is, a miracle haha...
MS has confirmed that this Game only supports DX 11...My first thought,hmm, is this really happen, as you Guys know that MS in the last Games (Forza etc) known for her own support in therms of DX12?!?
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator DX11 only confirmed

Post by Shift-E »

wow that is surprising. and its releasing on steam too, so maybe it will be fixable after all? I didn't have a ton of interest for this one, but visually it looks amazing. I could definitely see talking myself into it if it worked in 3D :lol:
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Totally bizarre. What was all that jabber about how DX12 was the way to get best performance? And yet here they are not using that for a flight sim, one of the most taxing games/software you can build?
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

DX12 version of the game is still under development. The plan is to eventually support DX12, which should ease the load on CPU significantly.
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

bo3bber wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:29 pm Totally bizarre. What was all that jabber about how DX12 was the way to get best performance? And yet here they are not using that for a flight sim, one of the most taxing games/software you can build?
Yep, especially when you look at the CPU workload...
After some testing with the newest migoto, 3D kicks in with force stereo=1 and force fullscreen=1, and together with the beloved Max Payne 3 Profile nearly all is stereo, some shadows and the Clouds are wrong on ultra settings...
Will test further with medium Settings, but i think its fixable and probably good playable with the new 3090 :roll: haha...
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

So, as i describe it works,stereo enables after the first press a button Screen:

Newest migoto(force fullscreen 1 and force stereo 1), with MP 3 Profile(tested 15 Profiles only this one works), had to disable Contact and Terrain Shadows, Lightshafts,Bloom, DoF and AO... Rest are Ultra Settings with TXAA
Some ground Textures are off(Shadows?) Volumetric Clouds are 2D and HUD is also 2D.

Tested only the first Training Mission, funny thing is i had ~30 Fps (1080p 120% Res Scale) with stereo enabled and even so disabled,observed with AB Power Limit display is in both Cases around 86%
My specs are a 8700k at 4.8 Ghz 1080Ti 451.67 Driver.
Hope this helps if anyone is interested to investigate further or one of our Shaderhackers will dig in...
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

DJ-RK said he *might* give it a go, but as native VR support is just around the corner, it might not be worth it for him or others who have VR which is most of us at this point. Native VR uses single pass stereo for rendering so there is no 3DVision '3-core' type of CPU bug.

Never the less, the game is severely CPU limited even in 2D, due to DX11 - they started development before DX12 came out so it make some sense why they chose DX11. It uses max 4c8t effectively:

Native DX12 support is coming shortly. The optimist in me hopes this will allow increased FPS, however the pessimist in me is saying most likely they will lazily wrap DX11 as DX12 'for show', and therefore there will be no significant improvement.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

RAGEdemon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:57 am Never the less, the game is severely CPU limited even in 2D, due to DX11 - they started development before DX12 came out so it make some sense why they chose DX11. It uses max 4c8t effectively:
Which was my exact hope for Cyberpunk 2077. *uncontrollable sobbing.*
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

RAGEdemon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:57 am DJ-RK said he *might* give it a go, but as native VR support is just around the corner, it might not be worth it for him or others who have VR which is most of us at this point. Native VR uses single pass stereo for rendering so there is no 3DVision '3-core' type of CPU bug.

Never the less, the game is severely CPU limited even in 2D, due to DX11 - they started development before DX12 came out so it make some sense why they chose DX11. It uses max 4c8t effectively:

Native DX12 support is coming shortly. The optimist in me hopes this will allow increased FPS, however the pessimist in me is saying most likely they will lazily wrap DX11 as DX12 'for show', and therefore there will be no significant improvement.

Afaik the native VR support comes at the earlierst at the beginning of 2021. Of course the 3Core Bug is annoying, but luckely by far not present in every Game...Shurely it might be not worth it if there are 1000+ things to fix and to spend too much time.
As DX 12 is announced, im also eager to experience MS wrap attempt, see this also pessimistic haha, especially if you look at the current State with neverending Loading Screens and CtDs many people suffering from...
Imo they have to finish the DX11 Path properly first in therms of Stability and so on,so as other promised things (the big Machines arent proper simulated etc.)...
But hopefully the best Case occurs and the DX12 Path relieves the CPU as its intended to do, unbelievable that MS releases the FS with the old HL API

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”