Call of Cthulhu (2018) 3D turns on during initial load but turns off again before the menu...

P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Call of Cthulhu (2018) 3D turns on during initial load but turns off again before the menu...

Post by P.C.Zen »

I've reinstalled 1809 v.2 and the 425.31 driver but Call of Cthulhu still won't work in 3D.

When I use 3D Fix Manager, the 3D turns on during the second of the initial load screens but then it turns itself off before the main menu.

I've tried installing the fix manually but it didn't work at all.

I then installed the fix using 3D Fix Manager and copied over the files 3D Fix Manager installed, with files from the manual fix and tried launching it with 3D Fix Manager and the same thing happened (3D during the second initial load screen but then it switched itself off before the game menu). I then launched the game manually by double clicking on Callofcthulhu.exe but I got no 3D at all.

I've no idea where to go from here. Is there something I can do to get it to work?

Would patching a newer driver help? Might it work with Windows 7?

EDIT:

Just figured out how to get it working with the "alt-enter" work around. I was pressing "alt-enter" in game rather than at the menu screen.

Pretty psyched it's working!
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Call of Cthulhu (2018) 3D turns on during initial load but turns off again before the menu...

Post by Losti »

Yeah this often works. Or you need to press lctrl+t. Sometimes you should disable 3D on set in registry and press lctrl+t in game to kick in 3D.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Re: Call of Cthulhu (2018) 3D turns on during initial load but turns off again before the menu...

Post by P.C.Zen »

Losti wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:16 am Yeah this often works. Or you need to press lctrl+t. Sometimes you should disable 3D on set in registry and press lctrl+t in game to kick in 3D.
Is there a thread or guide on how to do that? It's a bit beyond my understanding.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”