Void Bastards (Wip) fix

Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Void Bastards (Wip) fix

Post by Vaeltaja »

Here's wip fix for Void Bastards. Game works quite good out of the box but there's some HUD and other elements at the wrong depth that are now fixed. I had to disable one shader in starmap view that I wasn't able to fix. I also disabled a shader that made white borders on every side of the screen to give this comic book -like effect because I found it very distracting, even when pushed to depth. Someday later there might be autodepth crosshair.

Unzip fix to same folder with game's exe file and add "-window-mode exclusive" to Steam's launch parameters or alternatively make new shortcut of exe file and add it in the target field shortcut's properties without quotes. You may also have to check "disable full-screen optimization" and "run as administrator" in the shortcut's properties. If 3d doesn't kick in try pushing Alt+Enter twice to disable and then enable fullscreen.

Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/rkcA3A4a#bb3UrlpKm ... M3bddNSvZQ
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Void Bastards (Wip) fix

Post by RAGEdemon »

Thanks Vaeltaja!

You might wish to contact DSS/bo3b et al, and they will set you up on the Helixmod blog, and add a page for your fix :)
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

You're welcome! We've discussed about that with bo3b and I was supposed to pm him again but have forgot, so thanks for reminding, I will do it instantly! :D

Oh, if anyone has problems with the fix please inform me.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Got this with the humble bundle so great to see it getting a fix, thanks Vaeltaja!
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

You're welcome! I've enjoyed Void Bastards quite a lot. Before I got it (from Humble also) I was intrigued by it but wasn't sure if I liked the art style, but now that I've played it in 3d I wish there was more games that looked like this. I think it is one of the coolest looking games I've played with 3D Vision - depth is impressive and I occasionally just like to look outside ships' windows and enjoy the view to space. :)

By the way, I haven't abandoned all those dungeon crawlers, I've just been busy doing other stuff. I've already checked Vaporum and I think it will need DarkStarSword's Unity templates to be fixed. I will try to fix it at some point. There are few fixes that I'm working on at the moment.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Just fix whatever you like and at your own pace, there're so many fixed games yet to play that there's no hurry at all :)
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Any 3D pics for those of us who are contemplating the purchase of this title?
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Vaeltaja wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:24 am You're welcome! I've enjoyed Void Bastards quite a lot. Before I got it (from Humble also) I was intrigued by it but wasn't sure if I liked the art style, but now that I've played it in 3d I wish there was more games that looked like this. I think it is one of the coolest looking games I've played with 3D Vision - depth is impressive and I occasionally just like to look outside ships' windows and enjoy the view to space. :)

By the way, I haven't abandoned all those dungeon crawlers, I've just been busy doing other stuff. I've already checked Vaporum and I think it will need DarkStarSword's Unity templates to be fixed. I will try to fix it at some point. There are few fixes that I'm working on at the moment.
Looking forward to a Vaporum fix. Nothing I do makes it work right in 3D
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Sorry that it's been ages since I've been active here. At the moment I'm trying DarkStarSword's Unity template to fix Vaporum. I can't promise anything, but at least I'm finally trying. There's something strange going on with it's lighting and Universal Fix didn't help much. DSS's Unity template at least is doing something and maybe tonight I'll know what's the outcome.

EDIT: I got Vaporum to playable state but there's still some minor problems with shadows. Also only part of the HUD is possible to push to depth, but all the text is tied to something that's beyond my understanding and therefore I have to leave the whole HUD at screen depth.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”