Homeworld remastered collection 3d vision fix

osdoc5952
One Eyed Hopeful

Homeworld remastered collection 3d vision fix

Post by osdoc5952 »

3D vision fix made by Helifax OpenGL3DVision Wrapper v.6.12 ..... Thanks Helifax .

1. Install ;
- Copy the files in ".........\ HomeworldRM \ Bin \ release"
- Right click and run as administrator.
2. Game option ;
- Depth bias : off
- Depth of field : off
- UI effects : off
3. Convergence keys ;
- F1 toggle : In game convergence.
- F2 toggle : Cinema convergence.
- F3 toggle : Main menu convergence.
- Space bar : In and out tatic screen.
4. Not fix and Remaining issues ;
- Shadows and lights
- UI depth and group number , not perfect but playable.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bm65ser4dtv1 ... ix.7z?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsezrrp1tfjy4 ... x.zip?dl=0
Ansark
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Homeworld remastered collection 3d vision fix

Post by Ansark »

Sorry for necroing this old post. I have registereed in this forum specifically to ask if its possible to use this fix and 3D vision to get a 3D effect that doesn't involve the anaglyph method. I have managed to make it work through 3D fix, and although the 3D effect does work, the color's are way off and the red-blue scheme make it more uncomfortable to watch compared to other systems like SBS or top bottom, at least in the VR device in which I have tried it. I'm even fine even with an answer that states its completely impossible, at least it will give me some peace of mind.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansark
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ansark »

I have tried both, this one and the official one that the 3D Fix program atuomatically installs, and both "work". My problem is that both of them use the anaglyph (red blue) system to implement the 3D effect and, at least in my setup, the resulting color distortion are so extreme that the 3D effect is not worth it (at least for me). I just want to know if there is any way to modify the fix, 3d fix, or something else to get the 3D effect via SBS or top botton. I'm not optimistic, but I had to ask before giving up.

My specs:

VR headset: HP Reverb G2 (via vritual desktop)
GPU: RTX 3080 (I know this makes it impossible to run dx 11 with 3d vision, but since Homeworld is based on Opengl, this shouldn't be a problem)
CPU: Ryzen 3700x
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
Motherboard: MSI x570-A pro
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

I played the remastered version with Helifax's fix recently, using 3D Vision. It worked. Far from perfect, but I am very grateful for what I was able to experience (again).

Not sure about the settings I used, but just confirming that the 3D Vision path worked. Looks like you are locked out of said path due to your hardware... :(
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
Ansark
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ansark »

Sorry, for some reason my last message wasn't submited and I didn't notice until recently.

I tried disabling the 3D but it had no effect. I think I may have to stick with 2D and hope that Homeworld 3 is compatible with non dx11 3D Vision or vorpx.

RAGEdemon, 3D vision still works for DX9 and Vulkan. And it also seems to work for the Opengl wrapper with HelixVision fix. I did manage to execute the game in 3D, that's not the problem. What I wanted to achive is to get the 3D effect without color distortion.

Well, at least I was able to get the classic Homeworld and Catclysm to work in 3d with Vorpx (well, at least once, now they crash).
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

Bumping this old topic. Trying out all my fav old 3d titles on a new nreal air glasses, then ran back into this problem of trying to get homeworld in sbs format. As far as I know, the only way to get homeworld into sbs was with helixvision/katanga in directmode. Without it, it will be in whatever native 3d format the 3d vision driver detects the display as. But helixvision is only for steamVR. Nreal air is an HMD.

Trying out the newest opengl 10.x wrapper, it seems theres a new option to use reshade depth3d shader for alternative formats. But its fake 3d. Is there any new ways to get the 3dvision to output sbs on this? Has there been any way to use geo11 with opengl wrappers?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:10 pm If I remember correctly, OpenGL games fixed using the "older" version of the wrapper from Helifax will default to a SbS output if 3D Vision is not available.

So uncheck "Enable stereoscopic 3D" in your NVCP.
kakashisensei wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:31 pm As far as I know, the only way to get homeworld into sbs was with helixvision/katanga in directmode.
Umm, not sure what you are going on about there, HelixVision does not support OpenGL. AFAIK HomeWorld has never worked with HelixVision nor could it,
using the old wrapper from Helifax. The fix would need to be updated to his new Single Frame wrapper and used in conjunction with Nvidia's stereoscopic drivers,
so that HelixVision could have something to hook into.

You might have some success leveraging dgVooDoo 2 and 3DMigoto with it's SbS shader together.

vorpX has a thread HomeWorld thread using dgVooDoo 2
https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/homeworld-2/
I'll check out the older versions. At least for the 10.x, it was using superdepth3d if not using nvidia 3d. I recall I was able to get homeworld working in helixvision, but it was a while ago. I use the passive 3d edid hack with cru, and helixvision was able to convert it to sbs.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”