iZ3D 1.10 Beta 1 Drivers Released

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

iZ3D 1.10 Beta 1 Drivers Released

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

iZ3D has released version 1.10 Beta 1 of the iZ3D LLC drivers. Some key features include:

1. 3D Settings Wizard.
2. Side by Side Output (for recording).
3. Clipping Control.
4. Optimized Interlaced Support.
5. Several bug fixes and performance enhancements.
6. Renewed trial period.

Full details are included in the driver file.

Have fun and share your results here.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: iZ3D 1.10 Beta 1 Drivers Released

Post by cybereality »

Is GTA4 supported now?
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Tried on Witcher and delighted to see it fixed the shimmering/displacements while in game. (Walked around in Vizima for 15 minutes to make sure that's the case). Thanks for posting the release news and also if iZ3D devs are reading this forum, THANK YOU FOR THE NEW YEAR PRESENT!!!!!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

yes - GTA 4 has to be supported :-)
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

First of all - Happy New Year!!!! :-)

We are glad that we are in time to make small New Year gift for S3D community - iZ3D driver version 1.10 beta :-) We worked hard to reach this and I want publicly say thanks to all iZ3D development, testing and marketing team!

Now a bit more details about 1.10

1. A lot of debugging (we tried to react to all bugs you provided on our and MTBS forums) and small, but important internal improvements (shaders analysis, reducing memory, new of shaders processing etc etc) - again I like to say thanks to our developers and their creative minds

2. We added stereoscope output (Side-by-Side) - it is not free as planned to prevent conflict with dual projectors / HMD license

3. 3D desktop creation utility is added to installation (it is in driver directory now) - you can create your own 3D desktop from your favorite game screenshot

4. Profiles are alphabetically sorted for you comfort now

5. Mouse Lock settings is In Game section now - you can turn it on and off for each specific game

6. Dynamic Test colors are changed - we are going to change it in release to better version

7. Clipping control added to Control Center (on / off, stripes size)

and finally small surprise: 3D wizard - We'd be happy to have your opinion here - this tool is for newbies and we want you to apply your experience to see what else can be done and improved here.

Again, thank you all for your constant help and using our product and iZ3D positive critics. Happy New 2009 Year! Best wishes from iZ3D team!
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

hallo,

i have bought the stereo mirror 1.9 driver. is it possible for me to install the 1.10 beta without destroying my license ?

are some stereo mirror issues solved ?
e.g. crashes to desktop
@ fallout3 / oblivion / morrowind / farcry / call of duty 2 / call of duty 4 /

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Just had a play using side by side with my glass prisms and wow! Lots of playing with aspect ratios and mounting for my prisms into a visor to do but there is lots of potential.
Thanks guys :D
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Hi, some short test rsults from me: (all interlanced output)
Deadspace is working, but the shadows are at wrong depht (not realy disturbing).
Sacred 2 is still crashing at startup.
Warhammer online doesn't crash anymore but it can't load output .dll. (warhammer ist 32bit app)

more to come in the next days.

p.s.:

Never play Deadspace at night in a total dark room with 5.1 sound and S-3D...
OllyLuck
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by OllyLuck »

sorted guys , cant wait to try out gta 4 with these . :D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

awesome!!! thank you IZ3d!!!!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

And the shutter support now _finally_ fixed? :roll:
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

I noticed that changing the separation scale value to makes a different 3d experience. Of course you have to readjust convergence and separation but expecially if you like a lot of pop out if you put it to 0.1 things that pop out looks more solid more consistent...for me also changing Max_ABS_rZPS Value to 0.1 has the same effect. The only point is that in this way for some games the maximum 5000.50% separation is too low, is there a way to increase it?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Tomb Raider underworlds two biggest issues regaring 3d are solved! The fire in the manor is now rendered fully in 3d and wrong waterreflective surfaces are fixed! Other minor things like light sources and lightbeams rendered wrong remains but is really no big issue! Thank you all in the iz3d team! :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

chrisjarram wrote:And the shutter support now _finally_ fixed? :roll:
Sorry, but no not at this time.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Wowhooo! Just tried it myself too, what a sweet surprise now that I can finally play the prologue. The game does look phenomenal in S3D. I guess I need to clear this up with the devs from Crystal Dynamics on the Underworld forum sometime. DR
Likay wrote:Tomb Raider underworlds two biggest issues regaring 3d are solved! The fire in the manor is now rendered fully in 3d and wrong waterreflective surfaces are fixed! Other minor things like light sources and lightbeams rendered wrong remains but is really no big issue! Thank you all in the iz3d team! :D
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, FR3D!

It has to be fine - but if you have an issue - please contact us asap
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

distantreader wrote:Wowhooo! Just tried it myself too, what a sweet surprise now that I can finally play the prologue. The game does look phenomenal in S3D. I guess I need to clear this up with the devs from Crystal Dynamics on the Underworld forum sometime. DR
Likay wrote:Tomb Raider underworlds two biggest issues regaring 3d are solved! The fire in the manor is now rendered fully in 3d and wrong waterreflective surfaces are fixed! Other minor things like light sources and lightbeams rendered wrong remains but is really no big issue! Thank you all in the iz3d team! :D
I've looked around for a way to let crystal dynamics know. The only thing i haven't tried is pm'ing Keir (Eidos) himself (because i believe he gets a lot of pm's and most probably would sort this out as spam. :( ).
If you find a way a way i would back it up as good as i can though. I have a feeling there's so little to do to make it work fully in 3D!
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

HI BlackQ,

thank you for the very good support ... and for the new beta driver,
but unfortunately my problems are not solved.

is there somewhere a logfile somewhere where iz3d is reporting problems ?

i have tried oblivion, farcry and call of duty4 and they are still crashing to desktop like in the 1.9 driver.
with crysis warhead there is now a problem with the grass (wrong depth) ...

so i will still have to use the very good 1.09 driver. (crysis warhead and farcry2 are wonderful)

my system
XP PRO SP2
X9650 @ 3.64GHz
2GB 1066
asus strikerII
MSI Super OC 280gtx@700MHz with 178.24 driver
Stereo3D
Mirror Mode 27" 1920x1200 S-PVA Panel @ 0 / 90° !!
best regards FR3D
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Welder wrote:
Now there's a surrpise...
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

chrisjarram wrote:
Welder wrote:
Now there's a surrpise...
I'm really waiting for proper shutter support at much as you, but it's unfair to be so sarcastic to IZ3D people if they can't fix it because they don't get the information they need.
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, FR3D!

We've tested stereo mirror mode and it was fine. Having in mind the FC2 and Crisis Warhead work fine (even with artifacts) I may assume that it is specific game related issue. Could you please send me Statistic.xml file for review.
holl5877
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by holl5877 »

I'm using stereo mirror, horizontal flip. Both Oblivion and Fallout 3 work fine on my system. I've tried them with both 1.09 and the 1.10b1 drivers, they both work. With the 1.10b1 driver, lighting in Fallout 3 has a defect. Part of the glow from the lights is improperly positioned on the right image. This defect does not exist in the 1.09 release driver.

A while ago I was using the dual projector mode with the 1.08 driver. Oblivion was crashing to the desktop, similar to what FR3D is describing in this thread. I reinstalled Windows and the problem went away. I'm not sure what was causing it. My system was very clean before I reinstalled Windows, and I reinstalled the same set of games, apps, and drivers that I had on it before.

My current setup:
8800GTX, Forceware 180.48
Intel core 2 duo, 3.2 GHz, 2GB RAM
XP pro, SP3
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Feedback beta 1.10 with The Witcher (enhanced edition)

- The driver solves the displacement/shimmering issue but now I _constantly_ get black screens, most often during cutscenes but frequently when entering a new area when the transition animation occurs. During the normal gaming it also happens though less as frequent.

- Request: make the choice in control panel sticked until changed: Specifically, I have to select "Optimized" mode _every_ single time I open the control panel, otherwise it always defaults to Red/Cyan. Very inconvenient because there often times I forget and run the game then have to back out and set to "optimized".

Thanks guys,
DR

UPDATE: 1.10 beta still not working with Gothic 2.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, distantreader!

sorry for stupid question - did you hit apply after you change to "optimized"?

and thanks for bugs report - after Jan 11th (end of holiday in Russia) we'll continue debugging before final release.
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

thank you very very much holl5877 !!!!

now it's confirmed for me that my problem games have to work on my pc too.
could you please describe your pc settings a little bit, because i have a "fresh" system,and my problem didn't went away?

it's maybe an issue of the chipset driver ?
i have running 780i nvidia chipset with 15.23 nforce installed

what kind of programs are running in the background
i'm running nhancer and kaspersky antivirus ...

please please tell my a lot of things of your settings.

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Hi BlackQ, thanks for the quick reply.
Heheh...it's good to be thorough, however yep I've always hit 'apply' and since it bothered me I was extra careful and deliberate in hitting 'apply', sometimes several times. But it's always back to its default Red/Cyan.

Cheers
DR

BlackQ wrote:Hi, distantreader!

sorry for stupid question - did you hit apply after you change to "optimized"?

and thanks for bugs report - after Jan 11th (end of holiday in Russia) we'll continue debugging before final release.
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maart »

yes GTA4 works, but the shadows are at wrong depth. anyone had any succes fixing this or turning off the dynamic shadows?
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

UPDATE: In Witcher the blackscreens during cutscenes getting more frequent as the game proceeds, the way to get out of it is to save and quit the game and restart game. Sometimes when the cutscenes get stuck, you can right click (to activate magic sign) and it will get passed the transition scene but not always. probably half an hour into the game it will crash to desktop during normal gameplay. I love the fixes of displacements/shimmering objects but I think I'll revert back to 1.09, the blackouts and crashes drive me batty. Hope the feedback gives a data point for you guys.

Thanks,
DR

distantreader wrote:Feedback beta 1.10 with The Witcher (enhanced edition)

- The driver solves the displacement/shimmering issue but now I _constantly_ get black screens, most often during cutscenes but frequently when entering a new area when the transition animation occurs. During the normal gaming it also happens though less as frequent.

- Request: make the choice in control panel sticked until changed: Specifically, I have to select "Optimized" mode _every_ single time I open the control panel, otherwise it always defaults to Red/Cyan. Very inconvenient because there often times I forget and run the game then have to back out and set to "optimized".

Thanks guys,
DR

UPDATE: 1.10 beta still not working with Gothic 2.
holl5877
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by holl5877 »

FR3D,

Here's some info on my system. I hope it helps. My mobo has an Intel chipset, I'm just using the chipset drivers that came with the mobo. I'm also using the integrated sound & network. I did very little tweaking of the OS after installing it. I moved the swap file to my D: drive. I also looked through the list of services and disabled some that looked unnecessary for gaming. I also overclocked my CPU. You can see the model number of the mobo in the diagnostic report below.

I have two CRT monitors, both are ViewSonic G90f. I have them positioned at 90 degrees to each other (the L monitor is in front of me, the R monitor is on my right side), and I use a small mirror between them to get the stereo.

I have no antivirus software installed, no nHancer. I've installed all the Windows updates through August or so, including media player 11 and IE7. I've been too lazy to run Windows update since then.

Do you have all the d3dx9_##.dll files in your windows\system32 directory? I have d3dx9_24.dll through d3dx9_39.dll.

Games installed:
Doom 3, Far Cry demo, Far Cry 2, Need for Speed Pro Street, Oblivion IV, UT3, Fallout 3, UT2004

Apps installed:
* All of Microsoft's free Visual Studio Express software (VB 2008, C++ 9.0, C# 2008, web developer 2008, and SQL server 2005). Although, I disabled the SQL server service due to performance issues.
* OpenOffice 2.4
* GIMP 2.4.6
* Java 6, updates 4 and 6
* CPUCool
* .NET framework, versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0. 3,5
* MySQL server 5.0 (service disabled)
* Subversion client ver 1.4.6
* Adobe reader 6.0.1
* Adobe flash player 10 ActiveX

Here's the diagnostic report from the iZ3D driver:
--------------------
System Information
---------------------

Time of this report: Sat Jan 03 19:17:56 2009

iZ3D Driver Version: 1.09.0000
OS Extended Long String (Localized): Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
OS Version: 5.1.2600.2
System type: 32-bit
DirectX Version Long String (English): DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Physical Memory: 2046(Mb)
Used PageFile: 264(Mb)
Available PageFile: 3674(Mb)
Direct3D8 Debug Runtime Available: 0
Direct3D Debug Runtime Running: 0
Direct3D Debug Level: 0
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
BuildLab: 2600.xpsp.080413-2111
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512
Processor String (English): Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
System Manufacturer String (English): Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model String (English): P35-DS3L
BIOS String (English): Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Physical Memory String (English): 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version String (English): 4.09.0000.0904
PageFile String (Localized): 264MB used, 3674MB available
MachineName (English): GIGADANG
Languages String (English): English (Regional Setting: English)
PageFile String (English): 264MB used, 3674MB available
Time String (English): 1/3/2009, 12:17:56

--------------------
Display Information
---------------------

Display adapter: 0
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY1
Description: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Key device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0191&SUBSYS_227B19F1&REV_A2
Key device key: \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{EA814FA6-2AA3-4401-BF39-2EF28CEA1AA1}\0000
Manufacturer: NVIDIA(Mb)
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTX(Mb)
DACType: Integrated RAMDAC(Mb)
Revision:
DisplayMemory (English): 768.0 MB
DisplayMode (English): 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Screen width: 1600
Screen height: 1200
Bits per pixel: 32
Refresh rate: 75
Monitor name: Default Monitor
Monitor maximum resolution:
Driver name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver version: 6.14.0011.8048
Driver attributes: Final Retail
DriverLanguage (English): English
DriverDate (English): 11/12/2008 14:54:00
Adapter: 0
VendorId: 0x10DE
DeviceId: 0x0191
Attached Monitor DeviceId: Monitor\Default_Monitor\{4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0003
DS texture format D16: supported
DS texture format D16 LOCKABLE: unsupported
DS texture format D24S8: supported
DS texture format D24X8: supported
DS texture format ATI DF16: unsupported
DS texture format ATI DF24: unsupported
DS texture format NVidia INTZ: supported
DS texture format NVidia RAWZ: unsupported

Display adapter: 1
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY2
Description: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Key device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0191&SUBSYS_227B19F1&REV_A2
Key device key: \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{EA814FA6-2AA3-4401-BF39-2EF28CEA1AA1}\0001
Manufacturer: NVIDIA(Mb)
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTX(Mb)
DACType: Integrated RAMDAC(Mb)
Revision:
DisplayMemory (English): 768.0 MB
DisplayMode (English): 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Screen width: 1600
Screen height: 1200
Bits per pixel: 32
Refresh rate: 75
Monitor name: Default Monitor
Monitor maximum resolution:
Driver name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver version: 6.14.0011.8048
Driver attributes: Final Retail
DriverLanguage (English): English
DriverDate (English): 11/12/2008 14:54:00
Adapter: 1
VendorId: 0x10DE
DeviceId: 0x0191
Attached Monitor DeviceId: Monitor\Default_Monitor\{4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0004
DS texture format D16: supported
DS texture format D16 LOCKABLE: unsupported
DS texture format D24S8: supported
DS texture format D24X8: supported
DS texture format ATI DF16: unsupported
DS texture format ATI DF24: unsupported
DS texture format NVidia INTZ: supported
DS texture format NVidia RAWZ: unsupported
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

hallo holl5877,

thank you very very much for your very big help.

maybe you found the solution !!!

i found that call of duty2 runs in multiplayermode in stere3d and in singleplayermode it crashes to screen.

the only difference between both versions i think is the introvideo.
therefore i will have to look for the media player / codex and so on ...
i will also update my media player from 9 to 11 like you did.

thank you so much !!!!!!!

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, distantreader!

Then I think we need to check this issue in driver - may be driver does not read profile correctly for all anaglyph modes
Okta

Post by Okta »

These issues are plaguing the iz3d driver. I have many games that crash at startup with no known cause depending on which stereo method i choose.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I have same phenomena with the oldie trackmania nations forever as with 1.09.
Anaglyph and iz3d-modes works great while every other stereomodes i've tried with causes an instant desktop crash: The funny thing is: I can play offline tracks with all stereomodes (even tracks i've downloaded from servers during online play) but as soon as i try to join a server for online play i get an instant crash to desktop, no notification.
It's solvable for me since i can play with dual projectors with nvidia horisontal stretch and trackmanias native side-by-side 3D-support. All hud items are screwed up though and it's dull not seeing how the others manages.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Downloaded and installed 1.10 beta. There are only 3 choice: iZ3D, Anaglyph, and ATI. Two of which are not applicable ie IZ3D and ATI since I don't have neither of these pieces of hardware. I want to try out the planar or stereo mirror output and the interlaced output with the following setup but could not see theese choices from the control panal of the driver:

My setup to try stereo mirror is:

-2 x 24" LCD
-XP
-Nvidia Forceware 180.48 + GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

And for interlaced tryout:

-21 CRT Sony at 120Hz
-Same OS/video as above

Question: How to get the other outputs? I need to try out planar mirror and interlaced...badly, hehehe I really need some colors in my games and willing to go thru hoops for them.

Thanks guys
DR
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi distantreader! Are you sure you selected full install during the install? I have a lot of stereomodes in mine and running 1.10beta.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Sh**! I must be blind, I just ignored and clicked on install....hehehh will do full install and tryout. Tks Likay.
Likay wrote:Hi distantreader! Are you sure you selected full install during the install? I have a lot of stereomodes in mine and running 1.10beta.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Likay, okta: regarding crashes for modes different than iZ3D and anglyph - is output protection activated or it is in trial?
Okta

Post by Okta »

In trial. Oblivion seems to be the biggest offender and has not worked in any mode other than anaglyph while crysis has had mixed results with each new update.
Oblivion crashes 3 seconds after clicking the icon just after the small window appears. It could have something toi do with video codec interference.

Also Jericho locks up at language selection in side by side and most other modes.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

UPDATE: Interlaced output + The Witcher : VERY STABLE and WORKS WELL unlike anaglyph mode, I guess paid merchandise does have its advantage :D, interlaced at 1600x1200 is very acceptable (effective res is 800x600): Let's just say that I'd rather go with lower res but with colors instead of full res and distorted/missing colors! :mrgreen:

Thank you you guys!!!! Now I'm really really looking forward to pageflipping output working.
Last edited by distantreader on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Okta!

It is strange - driver core works - if any one of mode works. So, if Oblivion works with anaglyph I may assume that core of driver is fine. What resolution do you use for interlace and what display set do you use for dual projector mode test?

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”