The Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered 3d fix

Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

The Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered 3d fix

Post by Vaeltaja »

Here's 3D Vision fix for The Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered. The fix is made with DHR's Universal Unity Fix and I have removed shadows and some other broken effects, added depth to HUD elements. The fix should work with all three games.

Unzip fix to same folder with game's exe file and add "-window-mode exclusive" to Steam's launch parameters or alternatively make new shortcut of exe file and add it in the target field shortcut's properties without quotes. You may also have to check "disable full-screen optimization" and "run as administrator" in the shortcut's properties. I have to press Alt+Enter twice everytime I launch the game to activate 3d. If that doesn't help, run the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

I also recommend to disable minimap either pressing "m" or from the settings bar on the right side of game view - you can open it by clicking "more actions" -icon up right corner of game view with mouse. I also recommend enabling Large 3D View option from the game settings, it makes the world view window bigger.

https://mega.nz/file/q5FFyAqa#p9ValCwYH ... nteYi3v1uc

Thanks (and possible donations) goes to 3D Gods: Bo3bber and DarkStarSwords who keep the 3d gaming alive with their wonderful tools, DHR for Universal Unity Fix and all the talented shaderhackers: masterotaku, DJ-RK, Losti etc.
Last edited by Vaeltaja on Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered 3d fix

Post by stfparis17 »

Thank you very much !!
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy it! Please report here if you encounter any problems with the fix.

I forgot to say that the reason I recommend disabling minimap is that it's shader is either tied to some other shader that prevents it to be pushed to depth or there's something other weird thing going on with it.

The HUD seemed to me little bit boring so that's why pushed it to different depth than text and I think it looks nicer that way. :) It's a shame that some icons were tied to HUD so I wasn't able to put them at the same depth with text.
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Here's link to updated fix with cleaner HUD elements:

https://mega.nz/file/q5FFyAqa#p9ValCwYH ... nteYi3v1uc
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Thanks for the updated fix! :ugeek:
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Dang I'm playing this for like 10 hours before realizing it's listed under 3DFM. I've installed the fix, click PLAY 3D but the game won't start in 3D. I've bought the GOG version (decided to encourage GOG as this game is a Good Old Game and wanted it DRM free) that I use without GOG for offline play.
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Rhialto wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:07 pm Dang I'm playing this for like 10 hours before realizing it's listed under 3DFM. I've installed the fix, click PLAY 3D but the game won't start in 3D. I've bought the GOG version (decided to encourage GOG as this game is a Good Old Game and wanted it DRM free) that I use without GOG for offline play.
Hi, and sorry for late response. You need to do atleast one extra step with this fix: You have to add "-window-mode exclusive" launch command to the game's shortcut. Here's instructions: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/07/3d ... ilogy.html

I hope it helps!
Rhialto
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rhialto »

Thanks for this I will be able to test this in a few days and will report back.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”