I am NEW!

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Squallheart
One Eyed Hopeful

I am NEW!

Post by Squallheart »

Hello everyone boy am I happy I found this site. I don't know how i did but sure glad I bookmarked it. Anyway, I always wanted to have 3D at my home. Recently I purchased the samsung 650 and one of the biggest selling features was it had 3D ready. I looked over their website but didn't find much useful information, so here I am to ask the fellow board members.

What in essence do I need to view or watch in 3D. Is a pc required? I do have mined connected runnign through VGA. I just want the essentials to get started so if someone can post what i need and where to get it at reasonable good prices I would be extremely grateful. If I have to use software as well and recommendations would be helpful as well. Thank You in advance.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: I am NEW!

Post by yuriythebest »

hi and welcome! I'd recommend looking into getting some shutterglasses and either the iz3d or tridef drivers. Cheers!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Squallheart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Squallheart »

thank you very much for your response. Would you be so kind to pointing me to the right direction
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome!
I would love to help but i have lack of knowledge with newer hdtv's and shutters vs drivers. Hope somebody will be able to help you though!

Cheers!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Get yourself a PC with a good NVIDIA or ATI graphics card.

Until we hear otherwise, go with the iZ3D drivers because they support DLP. If you have an ATI GPU, DLP support is free.

You can download the latest versions in our downloads sections, or at http://www.iz3d.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Neil
Squallheart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Squallheart »

The current graphics card im using is the nvidia geforce 6200 turbo cache if i need something newer i dont mind upgrading pc is amd athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual core
Squallheart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Squallheart »

One more question I was skimming through my dlp's manual and it says to use 3D you will need an emitter and glasses to make this feature function. I read more posts on the forum and alot of people recommend the iZ3D drivers.

Now on to the question, if i wanted to fool around and turn on my ps3 then enable the 3d function mode, have the glasses, and the software installed on my pc from z3d i take it wont work? Would i need the emitter to view 3d from other sources that are not on the pc ie dvd players, tv, and such if so what would you recommend buying and emitter and 3d glasses and the software from the get go or was that already hinted ^.^ sorry i tend to confuse my self sometimes.

I mainly ask because another post says get the shutter glasses for $43 and emitter for $23 at samsung parts or something like that. More help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I just fooled around and noticed 3d option on the samsung isn't available for TV source but when ps3 is on option is available to turn on.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Welcome to the community. 3D only works over an HDMI connection onteh DLP3D sets, and then only if the source (PC with IZ3D drivers or future possibility of upgraded PS3) encodes it in the checkerboard format. Right now you are pretty much stuck with PC only interface for 3D until Sony and Microsoft do some additional work on the consoles.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Squallheart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Squallheart »

so basically im better off just buying the software and glasses from iz3d do they carry an emitter as well? i would like to get one just in case but it says in the samsung manual using shutter glasses not manufactured from the same company as the emitter will not work thank you so far for all your help ^.^
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jadentheman »

Or you could wait PS3 and Xbox360 are ge tthe 3D updates this year.
Squallheart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Squallheart »

im going to go ahead and try the drivers out does it work with dvi? read somewhere that only for hdmi so just wanted to make sure pc only has vga and dvi.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Squallheart wrote:im going to go ahead and try the drivers out does it work with dvi? read somewhere that only for hdmi so just wanted to make sure pc only has vga and dvi.
You need to get a DVI/HDMI converter and an HDMI cable to plug into the set or an all in one cable that accomplishes the same thing. My Sammy only activates 3D when using the HDMI port.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Squallheart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Squallheart »

ah ok will go ahead and search for one. Thank you very much for the tip.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”