Panasonic PT-AE3000U

ngsmith
One Eyed Hopeful

Panasonic PT-AE3000U

Post by ngsmith »

I just read a review of the new Panasonic PT-AE3000. It is supposed to be able to handle 1080p/24 which means it can produce 96hz or 120hz projection, at least according to the article. http://www.projectorcentral.com/panason ... _z3000.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am curious if the projector actually can reach 96 or 120hz, because if it can it will be a great replacement for my 3D shutterglass setup on my Optoma. Has anyone been able to confirm this?

Thanks,

Neil Smith
Mb: Nvidia570 sli
Cpu: AMD64 X2 4600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8600GT
3D: Shutterglasses + Optoma EP739
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Re: Panasonic PT-AE3000U

Post by chrisdfw »

I am 99% sure you can't do 3d since that is an LCD projector and not DLP.

LCD projectors work very similar to an LCD screen and don't update an entire screen the way we need it to to switch between left/right views quickly. This may change with the new Viewsonic 120hz LCD but I am not sure yet. The LCD projectors in the review you linked to most likely take in a 24FPS signal and convert it internally to the higher refresh rates and can't actually handle that higher number of framers per second being sent to it.

If you want 3d, you pretty much have to go with DLP, Plasma, or CRT technology unless you go with the LCD flat screens that use two panels sandwiched together with polarized light like the IZ3d solutions...
3DvideoMattyC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DvideoMattyC »

Using 2 x projectors Panasonic PT-AE3000, 2 x liniar polarized filters, passive polarized glasses and silver screen it is possible to obtain 3D images (IMAX like)?
Somebody try this solution? Please tell us...
Cheers
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome!

These projectors and filters will most probably work with a silverscreen. Since the projector is a 3lcd-type you need to have 45/135° glasses and filters, otherwise colors get's screwed up. Lcd-pj's have the advantage that lumens quite easily can be upgraded in a dual projector stereorig by changing to stereopol filters.

Just to get you right: You need a computer to display 3d-content like games (powered by a stereodriver) and 3d-movies. Regular 2d-movies will not be in 3d even if you have a stereoscopic rig.

Cheers!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
3DvideoMattyC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DvideoMattyC »

There any way we can find out if this type of projector (Panasonic PT-AE3000) has any internal polarization (eg green has a different polarization of red and blue) as it seems that is going to have some lcd projectors ?
Somebody tested one such projector? Do you know someone who managed to use two such projects in a 3D setup?

Cheers.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Since they're lcd-projectors i could bet they have a polarized output from beginning.
I'm using a passive polarized rig (not stereobright) with spar-filters and lcd-projectors and is as satisified as anybody can be. I'm starting a little to try out stereobright as well if time gives. It's my understanding that neither stereobright or stereopol would work if projectors had different alignments for the colors so i would say the chances are pretty good. I can't be 100% sure though.
I haven't checked any other projectors than the ones i have myself. On these the green has one alignment and the red+blue is rotated 90° from the green. They work splendid with spars with high lumen and no visible ghosting.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”