GDC Online's 3D Gaming Panel (Part III), U-Decide Update

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

Part III of GDC Online's killer 3D panel is up.  This time, some of the industry's key players (S3DGA, Sony, Schell Games, Blitz Games Studios, Nvidia) talk about the Nintendo 3DS and its ramifications for stereoscopic 3D gaming.  The discussion continues with audience questions and opinions.

Read full article...
cybereality

Re: GDC Online's 3D Gaming Panel (Part III), U-Decide Update

Post by cybereality »

Very cool. I think the 3DS is going to be a big turning point for 3D gaming. The exposure alone will be enough to make a whole lot of new people interested in 3D. Although they might get it at first because it doesn't have glasses, eventually they will want a bigger, better experience. Whether that means 3D Blu-Ray, or Nvidia 3D Vision, I think this will lead to growth with glasses-based 3D solutions. It will also legitimize 3D. I can't even remember how many people I've spoken to who claim 3D gives them headaches, when they never even bothered seeing a 3D movie. So I think the 3DS has the potential to remove this stigma 3D has right now and take it mainstream.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I just hope the Nintendo 3DS doesn't end in a dramatic failure as has been the case for all their past attempts at 3D (Famicom 3D, Virtual Boy). If this happens it won't help 3D gaming and video at all, much the contrary I think. Let's just hope it'll work this time...
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

I don't think the 3DS will fail as hard as the Virtual Boy did.

It has good part of hype on his side and some quality game titles also have been anounced for it. I will get my unit when available ;)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The 3DS is already a bigger success than the Virtual Boy. The Virtual Boy was dead in the water with literally no third-party support. Already the 3DS has tons of huge games like Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Zelda, Metal Gear, Ridge Racer, etc. Everyone that has seen it says its great. Its going to be a huge success.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

[caption id="attachment_15843" align="alignnone" width="514"]Nintendo 3DSNintendo 3DS[/caption]

Part III of GDC Online's killer 3D panel is up.  This time, some of the industry's key players (S3DGA, Sony, Schell Games, Blitz Games Studios, Nvidia) talk about the Nintendo 3DS and its ramifications for stereoscopic 3D gaming.  The discussion continues with audience questions and opinions.

Return to “MTBS News”