Prince of Persia 2008

artox
Cross Eyed!

Prince of Persia 2008

Post by artox »

The game runs on the Assassin's Creed engine which is insentive enough to play in stereo 3d.
Not only that but it runs great, without any cons in the visuals. ( if you don't count the screwed up colors in anaglyph mode)
The game itself is quite easy but the artstyle is fantastic and the motions of the prince are really fluid, you may say its more fun to watch than to actually play, but still if you like platformers with a massive landscape go on and get it :) !
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Re: Prince of Persia 2008

Post by distantreader »

Thanks for the S3D confirmation on the game! Now I will buy the game :), posts like yours about a new game (or any game) help gamers like me to make decision easier.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Glad to help.
Just finished the game - great experience in stereo 3d, one of the best I add.
I will post my settings for the game later, but I recommend using a bit more separation for exploration and more convergence for combat sequences, meaning 2 profiles, because there are plenty of quick time events and too much separation makes combat a little difficult.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Bought both AC and POP but couldn't get neither Assassin's Creed nor PoP 08 to go S3D with Nvidia driver but thanks to Likay's Red/Cyan glasses I can play the games with the iZ3D driver.

The S3D effect is phenomenal, I couldn't believe anaglyph output could be that good (never tried anaglyph on monitor before due to my prejudice based on cheap anaglyph glasses come with magazines etc., only used LCD glasses) the depth and the popout are just excellent, the color is not as bad as I thought in fact it's almost passable. However the red film is causing my left eye to go blurry though and after a while it gets more tired than the right eye. Now it would be great if someone has a solution for this ! Is there a sharper or optical quality red film/glasses/acrylic/whatever ?
Last edited by distantreader on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Are you using the iz3d optimized anaglyph mode, if not I suggest you do, it solves a lot of color-related problems, it does however alter the main pallet. But in pop the palette doesn't have all that much red in it so not many problems are noticeable.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Holy Sh*t! optimized mode's colors are VERY acceptable! Thank youuuuuu!
Strange I tried it when first downloaded the driver but the game couldn't start so I turned it back to normal mode. Bad move.

D.R.
artox wrote:Are you using the iz3d optimized anaglyph mode, if not I suggest you do, it solves a lot of color-related problems, it does however alter the main pallet. But in pop the palette doesn't have all that much red in it so not many problems are noticeable.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

:D I thought you used the optimized mode all time. Never fell in my mind telling you about that. :oops:

Great you're doing better now. :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Features like "optimized mode" should be in the Help file, too bad it's not explained there, the poor color distortion could potentially turn first time users away - And the optimized mode could save the day! Suggestion to iZ3D dev -> add to HELP file clear explanation of items in the control menu if possible.

@Likay: I got a few friends interested in trying out anaglyph glasses, is it possible that you could send me a few pairs of just those wonderful red/cyan films of yours, (no need for the homemade paper frames), I can then, in turn, put them into the RealD frames that I have and send to them. I told them about the S3D effect in games like TRU and POP 08 and they are really pumped up about it.

D.R.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

By the way, here are the settings I used in the game:
for exploring - convergence: -0.0870 separation: 303,57
for combat encounters - convergence :-0,0304 separation - 227,12
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Thanks, these settings are very similar to mine. I think it's a good idea to post your settings like this. I'm sure someone will find it useful.
artox wrote:By the way, here are the settings I used in the game:
for exploring - convergence: -0.0870 separation: 303,57
for combat encounters - convergence :-0,0304 separation - 227,12
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

distantreader wrote:Features like "optimized mode" should be in the Help file, too bad it's not explained there, the poor color distortion could potentially turn first time users away - And the optimized mode could save the day! Suggestion to iZ3D dev -> add to HELP file clear explanation of items in the control menu if possible.

@Likay: I got a few friends interested in trying out anaglyph glasses, is it possible that you could send me a few pairs of just those wonderful red/cyan films of yours, (no need for the homemade paper frames), I can then, in turn, put them into the RealD frames that I have and send to them. I told them about the S3D effect in games like TRU and POP 08 and they are really pumped up about it.

D.R.
Pm me your address again and i'll send some to you! :D
I have 3-4 A4 sheets left and could aware a pair to you and a pair to Freke. If someone is out i'll get some more. :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Great! PM sent.
Likay wrote:
..text deleted...

Pm me your address again and i'll send some to you! :D
I have 3-4 A4 sheets left and could aware a pair to you and a pair to Freke. If someone is out i'll get some more. :D
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I'm having trouble with my first encounter with "The Warrior".

He won't fall off the ledge. What am I doing wrong? Is there a button I'm supposed to press?

Regards,
Neil
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Hi Neil,
which platform are you fighting him on ?
I'm asking because there are three or more stages in every boss battle. If this is you first ebcounter with the fighter all you have to do is pound him until he runs away. Use a combo - princess - acrobatic-princess-lift-princess-princess. It gets the job done with all the bosses.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”