Unable to make 3d vision to work!

hanang
One Eyed Hopeful

Unable to make 3d vision to work!

Post by hanang »

After the 3d driver (through Fix manager) is installed... it asks for setup and then gives an error of 3d vision and graphic driver mismatch. also the stereoscopic option is not available in Nvidia control panel.
My card is gtx1070
windows 10 64bit.
It was working flawlessly before.. i don't know exactly what happened.
Tried many different drivers .. oldest and latets withouth luck. before installing each driver
i removed preivous drivers with DDU in safe mode.

photo of the error message:

https://ibb.co/yhWX1yQ

sorry .. it's in hebrew but it says 3d vision and graphic driver mismatch.

Please help.!!
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Unable to make 3d vision to work!

Post by bo3bber »

This most likely is happening because you have the DCH driver instead of the standard driver. Microsoft is pushing this new DCH idea and it messes things up.

Download the 425.31 STANDARD driver.

Remove the driver altogether using DDU, and disconnect from networking so Microsoft won't force feed you a new stupid and bad driver.

Then install the 425.31 driver.

Currently there is no particular value in the latest drivers. Unless you need them for some brand new game, you'll have less problems if you use 425.31.
chewy23
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chewy23 »

Bo3bber is correct to install the standard driver, NOT DCH driver. This works with windows 7, 8.1, and 10.

Please see Neovad's post here
I have RTX 2070. I've just install 441.20 3DV Driver on Win 7x64 (full - not anaglyph):

1. Install 441.20
2. Download 425.31 and extract it to take 2 folders NV3DVision and NV3DVisionUSB.Driver
3. In device manager click refresh driver on "NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D USB controller" and select folder NV3DVisionUSB.Driver (you can't install it through nvstusb.inf with right click)
4. UnRar NV3DVision\3DVision.exe in FOLDER folder with WinRar
5. Use FVIE to change versions of FOLDER\NvSCPAPI.dll and FOLDER\NvSCPAPI64.dll to 7.17.14.4120
6. Run FOLDER\setup.exe

I think this method is situable for any SUPER card !
So we don't need to install 425.31 anymore
I used this to get 3d vision working on GTX 1650 with driver 441.87-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql. This is on Windows 8.1. GTX 1650 is not included with driver 425.31, so I am forced to use newer drivers to get full functionality. Neovad's steps are excellent. However i had to change them to work with my driver. In step 5, I changed FOLDER\NvSCPAPI.dll and FOLDER\NvSCPAPI64.dll to 7.17.14.4187 (rather than 4120) this is because .4120 pertains to driver 441.20, and since I am using 441.87 mine is 7.17.14.4187. When I run setup.exe for the 3DVision.exe (same as what 3d fix manager would do), it installs without giving the error you receive "3d vision and graphic driver mismatch"

If you have a problem installing the NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D USB controller in step 3, try uninstalling the driver from the device first, then installing it again. Now I can run GTX 1650 on 441.87 in full performance.
LosMisquitos
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LosMisquitos »

Thanks for these helpful tips. I guess I have to rerun the edit of these two dll.files each time I upgrade the driver? Cheers
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

LosMisquitos wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:27 am Thanks for these helpful tips. I guess I have to rerun the edit of these two dll.files each time I upgrade the driver? Cheers
You do have to do this for each update of the drivers. It hacks the 3D Vision Driver versions to match the video driver version you have installed.

You can still do this manually, using the scripts by Losti or Robert256, or by using 3DFM or HelixVision.

A couple of notable tidbits of info:

3DFM does this automatically for you in 1.75. It will auto-hack the drivers and let you run the latest version. This is a system wide video driver hack, that you can turn on or off via the UI.

HelixVision beta_driver branch is in testing for a new approach, that will do this automatically for you on a per-game basis instead. So the video driver stays the same always, just hacked when game is running in 3D. For anyone without VR hardware, you can still use HelixVision if you want, it has almost the same functionality as 3DFM. This driver override technique will probably make it to 3DFM in next version, it's looking like a good answer.

In-between drivers like that annoying as hell 432.00 driver that got force installed had some bug or forced update path to force you to use DCH drivers. It would allow you to update to DCH type with no error, but then report "incompatible driver" when you tried to go back to Standard Driver. This now works in at least latest driver of 446.14. You can switch back to Standard without requiring DDU. DCH works in 3D, but still has the annoying stalls at game launches.

The driver override either global or per-game means that all current video cards can work, including Super cards.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”