EDID override Passive 3DTV to avoid old HDMI limitation

DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

EDID override Passive 3DTV to avoid old HDMI limitation

Post by DugomFirst »

Ok so I make a new thread here, about EDID override, since Geforce forum is not really usable, all post/pages links their are broken...

+++++++++++++++++++++

Here links to all EDID files I've quickly find but don't know which is the best/last.

4K H8500 BlueSkyDef edited:
https://mega.nz/#!0Lx0yS4b!C3K9T6JIHb56 ... 0mI4iAdjc8
HDR :
https://mega.nz/#!Ifo23YiQ!Cf-7opGxS8YX ... mM4YSUGWPE
4K Joker18 LG E6V:
https://mega.nz/#!EGhGlYYa!K84BM7ki8B8U ... lpupU2F9_Q
Sideeffect-UK LG C6:
https://mega.nz/#!MaAEAQ6Y!W7PbLuvVvAYS ... DV6OJydBAI
Original ? Joker18 for DVI (no sound):
https://mega.nz/#!0KoCmSrC!uxY3bseULbcF ... CAq3OF2CbM
Original ? Joker18 for HMDI (with sound):
https://mega.nz/#!BfoUQQSQ!sSht2Uosf9l_ ... OVfhohWJs0

+++++++++++++++++++++

Softwares

EyeSwapper:
https://mega.nz/#!JPJQkazD!hJWHSl2temy7 ... xp2yGUx3K8

Custom Resolution Utility (CRU):
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thre ... tility-CRU

Advanced 3DVision Configuration:
https://mega.nz/#!ROIkiYIS!RpFYL2JafWHG ... pIFBmScusI

+++++++++++++++++++++

Here some good info about EDID.

EDID override guide vidéo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhjjcoyX_s

Disable signature enforcement:
https://windowsreport.com/driver-signat ... indows-10/

EDID override from Bloody:
https://3dvision-blog.com/tag/edid-override/

Lacuna post:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... upscaling/

Hope it'll help.
Last edited by DugomFirst on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: EDID override Passive 3DTV to avoid old HDMI limitation

Post by Chtiblue »

Good Idea Dugom :)
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

I included some passive E6/C6 TV setup information below - see https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 81&t=23437.

Great summary and archival retrieval, DugomFirst!
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

whyme466 wrote:I included some passive E6/C6 TV setup information
Already read it and the EDID is my third link.

Yeah "First" is because I lock the username Dugom with an another email... Never receive the activation link... I've MP Neil but so far no return.

I'm a very long time 3D ethusiast. Was active on Geforce Forum (and other French one). I've created the EDID Topic there, also the donation topic. :) And have created the Rabbit Test ! Among other things.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

DugomFirst wrote:
whyme466 wrote:I included some passive E6/C6 TV setup information
Already read it and the EDID is my third link.

Yeah "First" is because I lock the username Dugom with an another email... Never receive the activation link... I've MP Neil but so far no return.

I'm a very long time 3D ethusiast. Was active on Geforce Forum (and other French one). I've created the EDID Topic there, also the donation topic. :) And have created the Rabbit Test ! Among other things.

These EDID's will let you push 3DV above and beyond 720p to a passive 3DTV?
Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dark_saiyens »

Wow thank you ! Very nice Subject !

I have already dl Joker EDID 1 year ago for my 65C6V but this is very useful to have them all here !

Thank you again !
Feisty_Fernando

Do these only work on LG models, or any 3DTV with either an HDMI or DVI input?
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Will works for passive 3D TV in their native resolution. (1080 or 2160.)
Feisty_Fernando

DugomFirst wrote:Will works for passive 3D TV in their native resolution. (1080 or 2160.)

Which one - the Joker18 or the one from Bloody?
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Bloody are for 1080. Was used on "old" monitor.
Feisty_Fernando

So the Bloody one will work on a 47" passive LG 3DTV?
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

If it's an native 1080, yes.
Feisty_Fernando

It's native 1080p and 120Hz. Just wondering if I'm going to have to swap the L/R. The other nvidia 3D vision monitor I'm replacing used a DVI-D cable from the video card but this LG only has HDMI input. I don't need to pass audio through the 3DTV
Feisty_Fernando

DVI-D to HDMI adapter, or will HDMI suffice?
Feisty_Fernando

Update: Not sure what happened to the buttons on here but I was going to edit a previous post rather than create a new reply.

I have 2 monitors, 1 is just a regular 2D monitor. The other passive 3D LG monitor has the Zalman EDID installed. If I try to adjust 3D settings through the NCP I see the normal red/blue anaglyph and no 3D.

The LG 3D tv has built in 2D to 3D mode, and OU/PF. I was able to see 3D in some games, it reminded me of the auto-3D on the Sony HMZ-T1 and there was no keyboard control for depth or convergence. Hitting the toggle 3D key would make some objects in Arx Libertatis either show or disappear.

Are there specific LG 3D tv settings you recommend, and should the monitors be cloned in the NCP? I did change the HDMI source to PC but didn't notice much of a change with anything.

Thanks for all your help! Do you use the 3DVision discord where I can chat with you there?
Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dark_saiyens »

I up this topic because it is too helpful ;) (for people with 55C6V or 65C6V)
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

Dark_saiyens wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:52 am I up this topic because it is too helpful ;) (for people with 55C6V or 65C6V)
Is this still the way to do it with newer drivers?
Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dark_saiyens »

Muojo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:55 pm
Dark_saiyens wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:52 am I up this topic because it is too helpful ;) (for people with 55C6V or 65C6V)
Is this still the way to do it with newer drivers?
Yep.
U can play using only 3D Fix manager and choosing passive screen or selecting "top/bottom" in some helixmod fix .ini but it doesn't work with all games. And choosing top/botttom decrease quality vs 3d vision !
The only way to have 100% compatibilty is to install EDID fix.
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

Thank you for resurrecting this topic. It's because of this I finally installed an override which was ridiculously simple and I don't know why was I sleeping on it all this time.
Thanks everyone involved!
arodri2021
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arodri2021 »

I have a question

This is my set up.
Lg 65g6p, I have my pc connected to the rotel 1580 rap receiver, which is then connected to the lg65g6p. I have a 5.1 set up.

The rotel rap receiver is capable of doing Dolby atmos for home theater, that can be changed in audio settings.

Now when I change my edid to jokers, 3d vision works great 4k 3d, no problem.

However, I lose the ability to use Dolby atmos for home theater.

So my question is, is there anyway to edit the rap 1580 or the old joker edid profile to support Dolby atmos?
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

arodri2021 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:17 am I have a question

This is my set up.
Lg 65g6p, I have my pc connected to the rotel 1580 rap receiver, which is then connected to the lg65g6p. I have a 5.1 set up.

The rotel rap receiver is capable of doing Dolby atmos for home theater, that can be changed in audio settings.

So my question is, is there anyway to edit the rap 1580 or the old joker edid profile to support Dolby atmos?
I basically have (had) the same setup: vga > hdmi to sony avr > hdmi to lg tv

The only solution I could find is that I went directly from the vga to the TV via a DVI (my vga has only 1 hdmi out, that's the only reason for the dvi) to HDMI cable and hdmi out from the vga directly to the AVR.
Set display mode to duplicate and turn off hdmi audio for the TV in the Nvidia control panel.

The only downside of this is that I'm losing the on screen display function of the AVR because there is no video going from the AVR to the TV this way.
On the upside I can now listen to music even when the TV is turned off.

Don't quote me on this but I think if you have hdmi devices in a daisy chain, it's always the last component in the chain that will determine the audio capabilities of the system. It's because hdmi always carries video and audio information and you cannot have hdmi audio output if there is no video endpoint. Unless you do some black magic with an HDMI audio splitter.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

This is my set up.

Yes, you can. You can use ToastyX CRU to add/remove all sorts of audio and video formats. I can't give you a tutorial though, as I did it ages ago and messed around with so many EDIDs that I've forgotten.
I think I probably started with the EDID for my receiver then worked back from there to get 3d working, but not sure.
Alternatively, you could use 3dfm to enable interlaced/TAB support etc. via 3dmigoto. I think this will only work for supported DX11 games though.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
arodri2021
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arodri2021 »

russellk wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:15 am

This is my set up.

Yes, you can. You can use ToastyX CRU to add/remove all sorts of audio and video formats. I can't give you a tutorial though, as I did it ages ago and messed around with so many EDIDs that I've forgotten.
I think I probably started with the EDID for my receiver then worked back from there to get 3d working, but not sure.
Alternatively, you could use 3dfm to enable interlaced/TAB support etc. via 3dmigoto. I think this will only work for supported DX11 games though.

I wanted to give everyone an update.

I got it all working. I edited jokers edid for passive old tvs and added the bitstream hdmi audio on toastyx cru front page.

This allows me to play 4k 3d and make use of Dolby atmos for home theater windows 10.

Its glorious very happy:)
Hans Davis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hans Davis »

bobisz wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:48 am

This is my set up.

I basically have (had) the same setup: vga > hdmi to sony avr > hdmi to lg tv

The only solution I could find is that I went directly from the vga to the TV via a DVI (my vga has only 1 hdmi out, that's the only reason for the dvi) to HDMI cable and hdmi out from the vga directly to the AVR.
Set display mode to duplicate and turn off hdmi audio for the TV in the Nvidia control panel.

The only downside of this is that I'm losing the on screen display function of the AVR because there is no video going from the AVR to the TV this way.
On the upside I can now listen to music even when the TV is turned off.

Don't quote me on this but I think if you have hdmi devices in a daisy chain, it's always the last component in the chain that will determine the audio capabilities of the system. It's because hdmi always carries video and audio information and you cannot have hdmi audio output if there is no video endpoint. Unless you do some black magic with an HDMI audio splitter.
I did something similarly convoluted to ensure good bandwidth on my videa only hdmi out (for 4K HDR 3d gaming on a passive 3d TV). I like gaming with surround sound and have an old audio receiver setup with 5.1 sound that I don't want to upgrade because it works great and I need my savings for PC upgrades first. Problem is the receiver does not accept HDMI, it accepts optical. Running optical from my passive 3d TV requires passing audio through the hdmi cord which contains video, and therefore, restricting bandwidth which is available for video. Outputting audio by optical from the motherboard will only output stereo. I came to understand that I needed to output audio from the graphics card to get more than two channels. I came across a solution of using an HDMI signal extractor and extending the desktop to the second monitor (which in reality does not exist yet your mouse can still go there and get lost). So since my 2080ti only has one HDMI port which is in use for video, the audi goes: DVI-HDMI cable, powered HDMI signal extractor, optical cable, AVR. Works! I have surround sound. But then things get sillier. That powered signal extractor, which splits the video and audio signals from an HDMI and sends them along separate cables, has a cruddy HDMI port (why pay for a better extractor if I'm not using that video feed at all?). Windows sees the signal extractor as a 1280 by 720 monitor. I have to extend the displays, if I duplicated them Windows would drop my TV resolution to match that of the nonexistent second screen. But, because I am extending screens to what Windows assures me is a 720 screen connected by non-4K ready HDMI, it limits 4K fps to 25... Do I need an EDID override mod for my second monitor? The one that isn't real? The problem could be the cable leading to the extractor which is not rated for 4K, because I didn't want to pay extra to extract 4K and send it into the ether. Any ideas? There has got to be a better solution then investing in cabling and a powered extractor suitable for 4K just to harvest the sound signal. Device manager sees the signal extractor as a generic PnP monitor and sound settings sees it as a an EP-HDMI-RX sound card. The card does have a USBC and I've read that it works with headphones, but I don't know about extracting surround sound from it. I just want 5.1 Windows. Not even 7.1. Let me have this.

Edit: To clarify, the receiver does not have ARC. It can output HDMI but not accept it. It is designed to play 3d blue ray disks and output them over HDMI, and to accept audio from other TV functions by optical. And even if did have ARC it would defeat my intention of using a separate cable for audio. I actually do see an fps improvement of up to ten when I disable the audio feed of my Rocketfish 4K-advertised video HDMI 2.0a(possibly b) cable. I'm using YCbCr422, 12bpc. Is there just a better make of HDMI cable out there that I need?
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

You can get 5.1 via dolby digital live or DTS connect, which some motherboards and soundcards support. Have you checked that your motherboard doesn't support this?
There are some 'hacked' realtek drivers floating around that can enable it on certain motherboards.
Alternatively, buy a cheap 2nd hand soundcard and use the output from that?
Apart from that, I would say the problems are EDID and extractor related (is it HDMI 2?), not cable related.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
Hans Davis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hans Davis »

The extractor only outputs 4K at 30hz, which I think Windows is detecting. It's a AmazonBasics 4K HDMI to HDMI and Audio (RCA Stereo or Spdif) Extractor Converter. The funny thing is that this problem is new since I did a fresh SSD format and Windows install and upgraded from a 1080ti. On the previous build the non-existant monitor was grayed out under Display Settings and did not cause problems. On the current build I can actually change settings for the fake monitor. The apparent EDID is the same, but it seems like Windows is now communicating with the extractor differently and consequently capping hz based on the extractor's HDMI video capabilities. The powered extractor plugs into the PC via USB which perhaps is allowing windows to know more than I want it to?

Anyway the motherboard is a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi. It turns out it does support DD through the on board HDMI only, but even if I enable that HDMI through BIOS, as long as the graphics card is installed, OS outputs sound to the optical out of the sound card, not the HDMI next to it. In other words, plugging into the on board HDMI (which supports 5.1, makes Windows output sound instead through the on board SPDIF (which does not support 5.1). Windows logic. The optical out can output 5.1 in theory. If I test it in the sound settings with a dolby digital 5.1 output test, I can make each speaker ding one at a time. But Windows 10 does not really work with non-stereo sound over optical from what I've read. It only passes stereo unless you patch an old Realtek driver like you alluded to: https://superuser.com/questions/1095458 ... -to-enable
I haven't gotten such a patch to work with my system, but I'll have to poke around for one that works for me some more given how unreliable this signal extractor has been. If I buy another sound card I suspect I'll come back to the same problem of Windows 10 not wanting to send 5.1 over optical.

Hope this post isn't too out of place. I thought that other passive TV users out there might encounter similar HDMI 2.0 bottlenecks when trying to combine HDR passive 4K 3D with surround sound. Those cables weren't really designed with the intention of handling two 4K HDR signals on top of six channel digital sound. The problem seems worse when I use a 3d depth hack to increase the depth. Harder on my system in general.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

The fact that the extractor is 4k 30hz (4k2k) rather than 4k 60hz does set alarm bells ringing, although I can't explain why it was working before? Even HDMI 2.0 is bandwidth constrained, as it can't handle 4k 60Hz 4:4:4 12 bit. You have to start dropping colour depth and chroma subsampling. As you've identified, the sound data also eats into available HDMI bandwidth, depending on which sound format you are trying to send. So, in my opinion it's actually now working the way I'd expect it to.

Also, I don't know about that extractor but most HDMI devices have a built in EDID and the HDMI display chain is always be limited to the least capable device in the chain. For example, if you plug a 4k and a 1080p display in at the same time, the ouput will be limited to 1080p. All the EDID info is sent the HDMI cable, so I don't think the usb connection would affect it, I should imagine that's just for power.

Last but not least, you're probably aware that 5.1 over digital (optical or coax) is compressed and lossy, just like actual DTS, again, due to bandwidth.

I am a bit confused about your explanation of how the DD 5.1 works on your system? Are you saying that you can actually get 5.1 sound out of the optical connector? I might be reading it wrong, but you seem to be saying that it does work (via sound test), but then you said it doesn't really work from what you've read? The 'patch' I was alluding to was basically to allow DTS connect or DDL on systems where the manufacturer had not paid the license fees, hence the functionality was not enabled in the standard manufacturer drivers. I'm not sure about any W10 issues as to be fair I haven't used it this way for a few years, but maybe it was a bug that's been fixed?

Good luck!
Hans Davis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hans Davis »

I know that spdif is not a great source of sound, but it's effectively what I am limited to until I replace my sound system-and I am investing in other upgrades currently.

When I went into sound settings then device settings for the on board spdif port, there was an option to test DD 5.1 to see if the receiver could decode DD 5.1. When I ran that test I got a test signal from each of my six speakers one after the other. That's what I meant when I said that it seemed like Windows was fully capable of outputting DD 5.1 over the onboard spdif port, but it does not work with any software in practice. I know that the motherboard manufacturer has paid for the DD license because they advertise that it works for the onboard HDMI port. The manual does not suggest that it works from SPDIF. If they paid for the license I don't know why they would not enable it for the whole sound card. Maybe they did not want to code it for lossy ports knowing that the HDMI was right there. But if I try to use that HDMI while a graphics card is enabled, the sound is sent to the onboard SPDIF port instead of the HDMI. *shrug*

The HDMI cable for the extractor which I use for audio, and the HDMI cable for the TV which I use for video, were in separate ports on the graphics card when I had it all connected through the graphics card. The audio on one cable should not have been affecting the bandwidth of the other cable at all. However, the computer does treat the extractor as a monitor which is not capable of 60hz at 4K. It's perfectly normal to have multiple monitors displaying differing resolutions connected at once by individual HDMI cables. But perhaps the PC is limiting the hz to the the lowest hz of the attached displays (even if one isn't real per say), in order to keep them in sync. That would make some amount of sense. Still weird that the old graphics card treated the situation differently.

Anyway, seems like for the current hardware, my options are either try to modify the extractor EDID to work from the graphics card at 60hz (I feel like trying an edid for a 60hz monitor just to see what would happen), or try to find a driver patch that enables DD 5.1 over spdif (though I'm not sure if it's even possibly since I know the manufacturer did pay for a license and it still isn't working, but why is the spdif port even there just to be limited to stereo?), or write the motherboard manufacturer and ask why the onboard HDMI port is being an ***hole. I think I'll go through that list in reverse order and/or just get a used sound system that accepts HDMI for like 2 or 3 hundred dollars which is not that big a deal. It's just irritating on principle to have to buy something because a PC is being finicky about software comparability when it definitely should have the hardware comparability. Not completely unlike how 3d Vision can work on pretty much any 3d capable device but not without driver mods in most cases.

Thanks for helping point me in some promising directions. Cheers.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Thanks, your MB does seem to have some wierd limitations. AFAIK, dolby digital live and dts connect were 100% designed as a gaming solution for encoding a 5.1 signal via optical/coax so I don't know why they are linked to HDMI on your system, as HDMI can clearly carry it's own sound formats, encoded, bitstream or otherwise.
Note, DTS connect and dolby digital live are not the same as dolby digital. My memory could be failing me though :-)

Anyway, if you do decide to buy a second hand system (or new) I have to recommend a Denon AVR. Mine's the x4300h so a couple of years old but but it does pretty much anything, plus is definitely passes a 1920x1080x120Hz signal. I've tested it myself. I suspect there's a fair chance that even the 2300 would do the same, but don't quote me.
ricardokung
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ricardokung »

Hi,I have a 4k LG 3d tv model 49UB8300 SG (games runs at 30hz)passive connected via DVI to hdmi(tv).Can someone help me with an Edid,please?
Hans Davis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hans Davis »

ricardokung wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:39 pm Hi,I have a 4k LG 3d tv model 49UB8300 SG (games runs at 30hz)passive connected via DVI to hdmi(tv).Can someone help me with an Edid,please?
Try this one:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23437
It's 4K and HDR ready. To my knowledge it is a more recent version of some of the other Joker18 Edids linked on this thread. It was made for a 65inch tv. I don't know if it will work with a smaller one sans some slight editing (there are guides for making your own EDID for 3d vision floating around-never tried it myself). Just follow the extensive guides above. It only takes a couple minutes to try it and see.

Alternatively, there is a way to do this without an EDID mod that I know works for gaming. After the initial step of installing all of the 3d vision drivers with 3dfixmanager software, the bringback3dv tool, or just rolling back to the last graphics drivers to officially support 3d vision-using the DDU tool for a clean install: go to nvidea control panel and set 3d display type to checkerboard. Then use 3dfixmanager and create a profile for your tv, setting resolution, size, hz, etc. Be sure to set display type to reversed line interlacing. Then click the checkbox called "preferred 3d format" and set it for reversed line interlacing. That checkbox enables certain changes to the SBS shaders of the d3dx.ini in the 3d fix for a game. That's about all I understand on how it works. Checkerboard in Nvidea control panel and the checkbox in 3dfixmanager will force reverse interlaced 3d without bothering with an EDID. I did notice a slight fps drop when I tried the non-EDID method myself though. I'm sure there's a way to make it work manually outside of 3dvision by editing the d3dx.ini and SBS shader of the 3d fixes yourself, but I've not tried it. If you DO use an EDID never check that checkbox or the 3d fix d3dx will be edited inappropriately and passive 3d will not display. You'll find links to all of the software that I mentioned around this forum if it's not on this thread.
ricardokung
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ricardokung »

Thank you Davis.
Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

What settings do you guys use on your C6P? I have played with the inputs and picture modes for best image and input lag balance. The best Image seems to be setting PC icon and naming it PC and use Standard Picture mode. But the input lag is terrible. I think the best I have come up with so far is using PC icon , and setting picture mode to game, and setting NVCP color to a little higher contrast and digital vibrance. The input lag is is better. What do you guys prefer?
maddcatt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddcatt »

Hello,
I have a LG 65UH850T, 65 inches passive 3D TV. I used the EDID override from this page on the forums.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23437
After installing the Joker EDID override, I ran the eyeswapper utility. Then I tried to play a game in 3D but it didn't work. The 3D turned anaglyph.

I am unable to post the image for some reason. Here is a link to what I am seeing: https://ibb.co/XLwK1kj

The system reads the display as Acer passive 3D display and not a PnP Generic Monitor. I followed all the steps but the result isn't what I expected.
I am a noob at this kind of stuff. I was previously using the 3D TV play application. Have I done anything wrong with my installation?
I am not sure what other information would be relevant to resolve this issue. I am really hopeful for some guidance.
Please sir/madam, help me out.
Thank you very much !

Just wanted to mention that my TV is not OLED. In the referenced post, individual looking for latest EDID wants one for an OLED TV. Could that be a problem?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
maddcatt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddcatt »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:39 am There is a drop down menu in the "Set up stereoscopic 3D" section of the Nvidia control panel. The display should only show anaglyph, if it is set to do so here. Can you change it?

You should see the green "Optimized for Nvidia GeForce" logo, as seen in this picture, if you do not see it, there's your problem.
https://3dvision-blog.com/wp-content/up ... eforce.jpg
Note: this is showing the use of the Zalman EDID, which does not offer audio support, you do want to use the Acer EDID, but should see the same green logo

Do you have anything in the chain? HDMI splitter, switcher or audio/video receiver?
I do see the green "Optimized foe Nvidia GeForce" logo.

If the image is not visible:
https://ibb.co/JBCTyYf

In the drop down menu, there are three options:
Test Stereoscopic 3D
Run Setup Wizard
Run Medical Image Text

If I try to use set up wizard, I get the following errors:
https://ibb.co/5TGNbdC
https://ibb.co/BzTBg6j

I do not understand what you mean by "display should only show anaglyph". I do not see any option to change it.
What does is mean to have anything in the chain? I do not have HDMI splitter and rest of the stuff.
My HDMI wire goes directly from my PC to my 3D TV.
Nvidia Driver version is 445.87 and I have 3D fix manager installed.
If I run any game, the 3D is all anaglyph. It does not remotely activate 3D, at least not the way I have used 3D before.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

maddcatt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddcatt »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 pm Ooops, that's right, when using Optimized for GeForce, there is no drop down menu for the format output.

"In the chain" means anything added in between the GPU and Display, other than just a cable.

Perhaps try renaming the HDMI input to PC in the menu of the TV or reinstalling the drivers.

I do not have a 4K 3D TV, only a 1080P passive, so I can't say for sure what else might be the culprit.
There is no chain other than a hdmi cable connecting the GPU to Display.

The HDMI input is already named PC. That was the first step in the instructions I followed. I'll try reinstalling the drivers and see if that resolves anything.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

maddcatt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddcatt »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:59 pm If you are using Windows 10, if you right click the desktop and choose "Display settings" is the 3D display mode set to the on position?

This might also be the same if you are using Windows 8.1, I can't remember
Thank you, sir!!
Reinstalling the drivers fixed the problem. 4k 3D is awesome compared to shitty 3D TV play utility.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”