EDID override Passive 3DTV to avoid old HDMI limitation

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: EDID override Passive 3DTV to avoid old HDMI limitation

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Innuendo1231
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Innuendo1231 »

drpsycho wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:28 pm Well, it worked, kind of. I installed the 425.31 driver and didn't touch 3d fix manager. I enabled the advanced controls and messed with the separation and convergence but the 3d is terrible, couldn't find a good combination of the values.

There are these transparent shadows around everything, even with the glasses, and if I lower the values the shadows decrease but then there is no notion of 3D and depth. In 3dtvplay mode, default settings, the notion of 3d and depth is waaay better for me, sometimes it looks like the things are jumping off the screen. Maybe this game isn't good for line interleaving..

IMG_20231122_230359.jpg
Hmm. Strange phenomenon. I'm going to have to install the game again to see what this is, i didn't have these problems when i played the game.

Oh yeah, 3DNovice is right, the left and right eye is probably reversed. Try to put the glasses on upside down to see how that looks, or rather try the eye swapper tool that has to run in the background.
I fixed this issue by creating my own custom clip-ons, so i don't have to use the eye swapper anymore, i totally forgot about that....

That halo around batman looks like what 3dvsions compatibility mode does (fake depth buffer 3d), but i thought that only works in dx11 mode, maybe it works in dx9 too?...
There was a keyboard shortcut for enabling and disabling compatibility mode ingame, by deafult it's Ctrl+Alt+F11 unless you changed it (in the andvanced controls that 3Dnovice posted a picture about).
Try that too.

Ps. Do you have the original or goty version of the game?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

drpsycho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drpsycho »

Hi,

That picture I took with a smartphone. The game is in 3d, but not as good as in 3dtv play, no matter what i set for for separation and convergence. I tried wearing the glasses upside down too.

I followed the guide in the link but the result is the same. In the first bat I have set the display as 54inch (my tv is 55). Then installed my hex edited edid and selected the interleaved row bat. That halos appear everywhere.

I have the epic games goty version.

I think I will stay with 3dtvplay, the resolution is lower but the 3d experience is a lot better for me, and the prerendered cutscenes get in 3d in this mode too (with line interleaved it didn't). I used gedosato to render the game at 1080p and downscale to 720p and it improved the quality significantly.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

drpsycho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drpsycho »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:24 am As suggested earlier, another alternative is....
3DNovice wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:30 pm You can also try Tri-Def, there's a download available on these forums.
But since you are on W10, you'll need to use an injector/launcher
It's what I used with my Passive 3D TV, prior to buying Nvidia's glasses and a 3D Vision certified monitor.
Can you send the link for tridef? I have found a link here in the forum but it was expired. What is this injector/launcher? Is tridef better than nvidia interleaved?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

drpsycho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drpsycho »

That one didn't work. I have found another installer and crack on the net and it worked, the 3d effect is way better than line interleaved. But 3dtv play is still better for me, the resolution is lower but the 3d effect is better, the things jumps from the screen, sometimes they seems to be near my head. A good way to see this is to stop beside of the guards holding shotguns at the start of the game, the tip of the gun seems to be out of the screen.

Thanks for the help anyway.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

drpsycho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drpsycho »

iz3D don't work on windows 10. My tv has a game mode in which it don't do any interpolation. The shortcut to disable compatibility mode in 3dvision does nothing. I tried the suggested edid in the older message and it didn't make any difference.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

drpsycho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drpsycho »

I have seen a lot of other posts with the same problem I think. Tried the suggested solutions with no luck. With edid override and line interleaved the game has that horrible ghosting, whith 3dtvplay there is no ghosting at all. Tried with other games and the problem is the same. Maybe there is a compatibility problem of the edid with my tv?

viewtopic.php?t=13535
viewtopic.php?t=25414
viewtopic.php?t=24923
https://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtop ... f=9&t=2860

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”