Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by DJ-RK »

I'll be all over this one. ;)

Edit: Link to my fix release on the HelixMod blog: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/11/s ... order.html
Last edited by DJ-RK on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I'm allready drewling, Thanks DJ-RK :)
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Can't wait... been playing Battlefront 2 and the old Lego games to get in the right frame of mind! :D
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Honestly I'm a little worried, cause now become a trend for lately AAA games to use only Vulkan & DX12.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

It's UE4 and Respawn is the developer (Titanfall 2)... so hopefully should be OK.
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Yep is OK, I check system requirements and I saw Win 8.1 The problems appear on radar when is only Win 7 & 10.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Steam page says DirectX 11.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

DJ-RK wrote:Steam page says DirectX 11.

Forgot to mention that... as does the game's entry on Origin.
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

cant wait for this!

i'm grinding my way through that god awful battlefront 2 campaign just to get me some juicy SW 3D goodness in anticipation.

I'm really hopeful for this game. Of course it will be no kotor or jedi academy, but maybe if it will be successful EA would finally do something meaningful with the IP, and realize that there actually IS a market for good single player SW games.

ps: 1313 never forget
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Thought I would share before heading to bed...

Universal fix works, but with some funky, fuzzy stuff going on that I haven't seen before... also a lot of hitching with S3D enabled, but performance very good in 2D. Messed with a few settings to see if I could alleviate the issues, but nothing has helped so far.

A few pics...

Update on hitching... setting max frames to 144 to match monitor refresh rate helps (like Outer Worlds it seems.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Yep, been looking at it for a bit now. Universal fix only fixed lighting, but several other issues required further tweaking, which I've taken care of. I've actually been adapting my BL3 fix, since I started from scratch with that and am more familiar with it's code, rather than using the universal fix. Besides, a fix built specifically for a game should perform better than any universal fix, since those are bloated with too many variants that aren't needed.

I've gotten it perfect in the first area except for the fuzzy issue (or what I refer to as the vibration effect), and volumetric fog/lighting (which is the EXACT same shader as in Borderlands 3, which I've been trying to completely fix since day one of that game, and unfortunately my partial fix for BL3 is not a viable option for this game). I think I've tracked down the fuzzy/vibration issue somewhat, and even gotten a partial fix (only half his body vibrates now :/), but I still need to hack at it.

Guess I'll get back to it.

Edit: Vibration/fuzzy issue solved!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, been at it all night. I've got real-life plans for the next 24-36 hours and won't be able to continue working for a bit so here's a suuuuuuuuuuuuuper early WIP. As in, I haven't even walked up the first set of stairs right in front of me from where I've started, so I can't vouch for anything beyond this point, but I've pretty much fixed everything here (mostly via regex) so hopefully should cover around 80-90% of the game at this point, and considering how busted the game was to start I think it's better than that for those who want to dive in ASAP.

Got an approximate fix in place for volumetric fog & lighting. Seems to hold up regardless of convergence. If so desired, you can disable volumetric fog/lighting via the F3 key.

So far there is only the green life bar on the lower left corner, so not sure if there will be more HUD stuff to adjust, but I've set a HUD depth adjustment on F1, and HUD disable on F2.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/b0dcqbdy ... r_WIP1.zip

And now, time for sleep.
Last edited by DJ-RK on Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

DJ-RK wrote:
And now, time for sleep.
Thank you so much for your DAY1 efforts! Cant wait to try it
Dorkirt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dorkirt »

Thank you for your effort DJ-RK ! :shutter :!:
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

So awesome DJ-RK! Thanks very much. I'm going to be on this one most of the day today. :D
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Great work DJ-RK, can't wait to try it, thanks alot for your efforts so far, much appreciated !
Aslan-The lion
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Aslan-The lion »

:anaglyph :woot
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Couldn't sleep, so I got up and played through the first segment of the game (up until you get on the ship to leave the 1st planet). Glad to say my estimate of being 80-90% fixed is correct, other than the volumetric lighting approximation (which is rather serviceable) I only noticed there were some more specular reflections that needed to be fixed (so far).

Game seems pretty fun, and has the production value worthy of a Star Wars game. My only gripe with the game is that the characters are pretty damn ugly! Not as in ugly graphics, just straight ugly. I don't mind Kal so much, but this, ummm, black chick is literally the ugliest character I've seen in a game. Nothing against people of colour... I love me pretty ladies of all ethnicities. But this ain't no pretty lady, that's for damn sure.
Dorkirt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dorkirt »

I really hope the romance option is not she, Greez instead.
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

Looks great but unfortunately the game takes a huge performance hit when 3D is activated (for me at least).
Also I cant seem to find a right balance for convergence as I am experiencing quite heavy ghosting?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

DJ-RK wrote:Couldn't sleep, so I got up and played through the first segment of the game (up until you get on the ship to leave the 1st planet). Glad to say my estimate of being 80-90% fixed is correct, other than the volumetric lighting approximation (which is rather serviceable) I only noticed there were some more specular reflections that needed to be fixed (so far).

Game seems pretty fun, and has the production value worthy of a Star Wars game. My only gripe with the game is that the characters are pretty damn ugly! Not as in ugly graphics, just straight ugly. I don't mind Kal so much, but this, ummm, black chick is literally the ugliest character I've seen in a game. Nothing against people of colour... I love me pretty ladies of all ethnicities. But this ain't no pretty lady, that's for damn sure.
Lol I hear you bro. It's actually unnerving uncanny valley territory with that character.
Zeblade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zeblade »

DJ-RK man thanks SO much for this. Perfect.. gets better and better each time.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

bobisz wrote:Looks great but unfortunately the game takes a huge performance hit when 3D is activated (for me at least).
Also I cant seem to find a right balance for convergence as I am experiencing quite heavy ghosting?
I think I found the solution for the hitching (at least it has worked for me with almost no hitching and everything on Epic settings.}

In game settings:
Max frames to 144
Vsync Off

Nvidia Inspector:
Vsync Forced On
Maximum Performance

I am running on an i7-16gb/1070-418.81/W10-1903 at 1920x1080.
ladddesigns01
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ladddesigns01 »

Thank you for sharing.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

To anyone having very bad performance issues. I found my problem was Acronis. Make sure you turn off active protection and add the games .exe to the allow list, if you use it. Was shaving 30 fps off my framerate lol /facepalm
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Reviews are quite good for this game so I'm really hyped to play it in 3d, thanks DJ RK for working on this fix, those screenshots look fantastic already.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I have played a bit of the beginning in gsync mode and man this game will look pretty mind blowing if Dj-RK can get it looking good in 3D
Zeblade
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zeblade »

"performance issues"

For me its KINDA like with "the Outer Worlds". So some yeah
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Zeblade wrote:"performance issues"

For me its KINDA like with "the Outer Worlds". So some yeah
All UE4 games have a lot of shaders to check for RegEx, thats the Problem with the Performance. For Outer Worlds i have used the user saves and worked around, Shooting, and dooing Actions as much as i can in different lokations to Cache shaders. Ths Ends up in over 3500 RegEx corrected files!!!!!

Means: If ShaderCache is enabled, the game needs some time to chache it. Every new shader will be cached that causes some Input lags/freeze/shutter....BUT: The more you play the performance is getting better and better!

PS:
Ill get this game those days only to have one more game to check the new universal fix. I still searching for some variations of the object/light shaders. May be im lucky with this one. I also want to know if there are some new things that are not catched!

@DJ-RK: I can give you a note about whats working or not, may be you can save some of your time. If you want you can try some of the RegEx for Reflections/Dynamic-Volumetric-Fog/Light apperance that is dooing a peerfect job so far in 5 games i have checked it!

I also use
StereoFlagsDX10 = 0x00005008
StereoTextureEnable = 0x00000023
in any game and correct things broken with some overrides from Masterotaku. Together this will fix many things with AO/Lights and shadows as well as outline stereorization.

[TextureOverrideDepthTarget1]
match_type = Texture2D
match_format = R16_TYPELESS
match_width = height
StereoMode=2

[TextureOverrideAORenderTarget]
match_type=Texture2D
match_format=R16_FLOAT
match_width=height
StereoMode=1

May be some games Needs this one too but be carefull, this can make things wrong, it depends on the game:

[TextureOverrideDoFRT]
match_type=Texture2D
match_bind_flags=+render_target
match_height=>= width
match_format=R16G16B16A16_FLOAT
StereoMode=1
Last edited by Losti on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Wouldn't including the regex cache files and shader .bin files with the fix solve this issue?
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

schwing wrote:Wouldn't including the regex cache files and shader .bin files with the fix solve this issue?
Yes, thats what i have done for Outer Worlds. Of course there will be shaders laft that will be cached on demand but makes the start more smooth. But within a dev. process ist a bit useless as soon as a shader update the old Cache files will be rewritten. But for the final release it will help.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Had some time to work on this today, so got a new WIP for you folks.

Haven't played too much further, only touched down on the 2nd planet, but managed to fix what needed to be done there. I actually replayed from the beginning to see if I could catch those other specular reflections I saw, but it turns out those are only in cutscenes... seems like they use a completely different shader than the one I've fixed for during gameplay, for some odd reason, which unfortunately doesn't have the same pattern, which makes them extra difficult to try to adjust since I can't pause a scene (well, I can, but the pause screen takes over the screen) to try various fix techniques, so I would effectively have to replay the entire level (yay for no checkpoints) up to the cutscene, then watch the cutscene just to get one attempt at a fix test attempt. Anyways, I also replayed from the beginning because I wanted to test out some of the new features I've implemented. Here's what's new.

UI Related:
-Fully dynamic scene autoconvergence (thanks to learning this awesome feature in my Trine 4 fix) to ensure maximum 3D effect and comfort at all times! You can adjust how much pop out you'd prefer by using your standard convergence + / - keys, and it should keep that much pop out at all times (I set it so that Cal should be at screen depth during gameplay) Only costs around 1 FPS, but if you want to disable it you can via the tilde key ~ (but you would be crazy, and it'll be up to you to manage your own convergence levels manually, set up your how hotkeys, etc).
-Auto-depth on waypoint markers and interaction prompts. If the stretching/warping that happens sometimes bothers you (which I'll aim to eliminate in the next version), you can switch back to static depth via the F2 key, and adjust the static depth via F1 key (the HUD disable key that used to be on F2 has been moved to the \ key)

Fixed Effects:
-In the previous WIP I eliminated a blur effect caused by TAA, but I later determined that only applied to the Epic setting for AA. I've now corrected it across all AA settings
-Fixed water effects + SSR found on the 2nd planet
-Fixed light shafts found on the second planet

Other:
-Performance should be a little better, as I determined it's not necessary to disable scissor clipping (so far) on the same effects that needed it in my BL3 fix. I'd estimate about a 10% performance increase from that alone.

This is of course in addition to the fixed all lighting & reflections, decals, specular highlights (outside of cutscenes), SSR, objects & effects, volumetrics (approx), TAA blur & velocity blur of the previous WIP.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nbp3lfqz ... r_WIP2.zip
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Awesome, thanks man.

I will wait to play this one through, I do still notice alot of broken effects in terms of shadows and reflections in the first scene, is this normal. (btw I am temporarily running SLI again, so I am just checking.)
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

Thank you for your work DJ-RK!

Strangely I'm not experiencing better but worse performance with wip2. Bogano is basically unplayable for me now in 3D, about 20 fps max. Have to turn it off to survive frog encounters.

I'm on a 1070, i7-4760
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Do you use acronis? Make sure the EXE is in whitelist for any of your security products. This is the first time I have encountered this but it was causing me an over 30fps drop.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

bobisz wrote:Thank you for your work DJ-RK!

Strangely I'm not experiencing better but worse performance with wip2. Bogano is basically unplayable for me now in 3D, about 20 fps max. Have to turn it off to survive frog encounters.

I'm on a 1070, i7-4760
Really? Have you tried turning off the auto-convergence with the ~ key (even though that shouldn't eat up much performance)?

As a last resort, what you can do is uninstall the WIP2, reinstall the WIP1, then copy the regex.ini file in the shaderfixes folder from the WIP2 into your shaderfixes folder in the game folder. That will get the additional fixes for light shafts and water, without any of the other changes I've made.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Necropants wrote:Awesome, thanks man.

I will wait to play this one through, I do still notice alot of broken effects in terms of shadows and reflections in the first scene, is this normal. (btw I am temporarily running SLI again, so I am just checking.)
Reflections yes. I mentioned those in one of my above posts about specular highlights during cutscenes being a different shader (with a different pattern) than those during gameplay and being difficult to fix, mainly because I have no way to continously work on them (ie. no way to pause a scene and keep the effect visible, pause menu obstructs the view), and having to restart the game continuously to get another crack at it for about 5 seconds got tedious really quickly. Hoping to find a point where it'll be easier to work with. Shadows not so much, though, those should be fine.

Oh, and one thing I just remembered that I haven't mentioned before guys: The blue outline that's supposed to appear around objects you can use the force on is completely invisible in 3D and no way to make it visible. The only way I've ever been able to even see it was to disable the geometry of the object that it's supposed to highlight, and that's obviously not realistic. So sorry guys, we're going to have to go for "higher immersion" this time, and use the force ourselves to determine which objects to use the force on in game... or temporarily disable 3D, and you'll see it. :P
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

DJ-RK wrote: Oh, and one thing I just remembered that I haven't mentioned before guys: The blue outline that's supposed to appear around objects you can use the force on is completely invisible in 3D and no way to make it visible. The only way I've ever been able to even see it was to disable the geometry of the object that it's supposed to highlight, and that's obviously not realistic. So sorry guys, we're going to have to go for "higher immersion" this time, and use the force ourselves to determine which objects to use the force on in game... or temporarily disable 3D, and you'll see it. :P
hehe, that had me stumped. I saw some tip about using the force on items that have a blue outline.. Wondered WTF it was talking about :D Luckily I guessed what to use the force on anyway.. as you say.. use the force to work out where to use the force.

Great job btw.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, so for tonight's update I just have one addition, but it's a pretty big one. We've now got fully, properly fixed volumetric fog and lighting here folks.

Unfortunately my game crashed while I was romping around Bogano so I wasn't able to get too much further, but other than cutscene reflections (which will be tomorrow's objective) the game is 100% fixed up til this point (which, I know, isn't that far into it yet, but considering I've got an equivalent regex here for every type of effect that I fixed in BL3, there's a good possibility the rest on out is good).

Have at it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jekg02s0 ... r_WIP3.zip
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Ok yeah there is something wrong in my install because it's not just the cutscene. Guess will try a clean install with your latest wip

screenshot attached please correct me if this looks normal. (rename to jps)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”