Skyrim SE

polts
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim SE

Post by polts »

I have Skyrim SE installed on my drive (Steam) with ENB and Script extender but 3D fix manager does not list it in my installed games. I have also Skyrim regular edition installed and this version I can see it on the list. What is the problem ?
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Skyrim SE

Post by Blacksmith60 »

The problem might relate to the enb, which conflicts with 3dMigoto, they both uses d3dx.ini, try install it manually or remove the enb.

I have never been able to use both at once, if need be you can use Reshade!
But there's so many great mods out there, that makes it up for enb IMO, I use Obsidian Weathers along with several misty mods, I feel it has the Skyrim vibe allright :)
polts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by polts »

Ok, so I removed all ENB files and folder and the game is still missing from the list.

Is there someone who plays Skyrim SE on 3D ? What is your setup ? Could it be wrye bash ?

Edit : I installed manually the files in the folder and the game is running well in 3D but still missing from the list of games installed. Weird !
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

3DFM seems to be using the Add/Remove Programs list. If your game isn't there, then it won't show up in 3DFM. This happened to me because of dualboot and launching a game doesn't seem to add it to the list.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
polts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by polts »

WOW, this game looks AMAZING in 3D. Fully modded, this is way better than the VR version.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

The VR version is based on SkyrimSE and can be modded. SKSE VR and SkyUI VR work fine as well as other mods. But I agree, the depth is noticeably worse in VR.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I don't have access to the SE version, but I can say that there is a specific SE profile for 3DFM/HelixVision.

Usually these are setup with Steam installs in mind, so if your game is from some other store, the paths may be different.

Current profile looks for:
Install dir: Skyrim Special Edition
Launcher exe: skyrimse.exe

If you have anything different than those, 3DFM won't find the game automatically.

You can always add a new profile with New in the lower left.

schwing wrote:3DFM seems to be using the Add/Remove Programs list. If your game isn't there, then it won't show up in 3DFM. This happened to me because of dualboot and launching a game doesn't seem to add it to the list.
It is actually using more than that, it starts by using the install paths from the registry for Steam, Origin, uPlay, GoG default locations (and guesses for Epic Game Store, no registry).

Then uses the paths and exes to try narrow down games that are installed.

Some paths and profiles get broken as people like Epic make arbitrary changes to file and path names that break the lookup mechanism. As I find these, I'm updating the profiles to match. Some I've added duplicate profiles like for Rime because they broke the entire structure with a bizarre extra level of \Rime.

(HelixVision will always include the latest from top-of-tree builds, and 3DFM updates will depend upon PaulDusler's update cycle.)
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

@polts More than amazing, I have 1152 mods installed (700 esp), it's rockstable thanks to SSE's engine :woot

A couple of pictures would have been appropriate, but I'm not sure how to do it in here!
Well, if it just could be a little bigger...
SkyrimSE052_085.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

Hey!

Did anyone ever manage to get 3D + ENB working together?

I followed some comments on the Helixmod (back from 2018t) o set up both suing a proxy call but to no avail.

I have the 3Dfix d3d11.dll in the game folder, also have the enb's d3d11.dll renamed to d3d11_enb.dll.
In d3dx.ini I enable proxy: proxy_d3d11=d3d11_enb.dll

This way the game has full 3d and I get the ENB's config overlay to show up as well, but the enb effects doesn't work at all.
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

I have gotten 3D + skyrim ENB to work quite well, but some caveats. This is for Skyrim LE, not SE. I have never tried with SE so I can't comment. Since SE is probably using much newer ENBs from the start, I think it may not work. This requires a setting (forcefakevideocard) that the ENB creator dropped in v262.

First, I never could get 3d vision to work with ENB. I have tried with/without 3dvision fixes and with different ENB settings (forcefakevideocard). The issue has been that some of the ENB effects get rendered at different depths in 3D. So you get alot of ghosting. I had to use tridef and with a profile I found in their now defunct forum. I tweaked the profile a bit. I can share with you. Second, you must use the ENB injector method and not wrapper (d3d9.dll). With windows 10, I believe the newest injector stopped working. I have gone back to using Boris's ENB v004 injector and it works great. Tridef is also defunct now, but if you look at the tridef subreddit, there is a post on how to setup a working copy. Last, the ENB must be downgraded to ENB v262 and you must turn on forcefakevideocard setting.

Because its an older v262 enb, it may not look as good. Some effects didn't work properly in 3D with forcefakevideocard, like fog or water. It didn't look that bad, just not as good as with that setting off.
bobisz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bobisz »

That's very kind of you, but yes, SE does use a specific ENB version.

At this point I'm just hoping that maybe this thread catches either bo3b's or Qwinn's eye who he helped on the helix blog back then. But given it's been more than 2 years... fat chance.
I was following his direction which involved Fallout4 fix files to set this up, but it no longer seem to work. Maybe it is because the enb version I'm using is much more recent than what was available in 2018 when they solved this.
jia1009
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jia1009 »

3D + ENB can not working ,is any ong can help me?
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Sorry but it's not possible atm, try Reshade 4.7 instead it works flawless, and shaders like MXao (Sao) makes Skyrim very beautifull :)
jia1009
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jia1009 »

3d + enb both working step:

1、 Unzip the contents of the fix in the root folder of the game ("Skyrim Special Edition"), where "SkyrimSE.exe" is.(https://masterotaku.s3.amazonaws.com/Sk ... dfix_v8.7z),setup the proxy in the d3dx.ini.
like this(;proxy_d3d11=d3d11_helix.dll = proxy_d3d11=d3d11_helix.dll)。

2、Download this file,copy this d3d11.dll to game folder(http://sg.bo3b.net/fallout4/FO4_1.2.72Eng.7z

3、Download your enb files, copy to game folder (exclude d3d11.dll)

4、Download enb 343 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZzlUP ... bArKW/view),rename the d3d11.dll as d3d11_helix.dll, just copy d3d11_helix.dll to game folder.

enjoy your game.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

https://www.nexusmods.com/enderal/mods/239
Enderal, converted to Skyrim SE. I don't have time to play it right now, but if anyone plays it and finds something broken in 3D, please tell me.
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

jia1009 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:00 am 3d + enb both working step:

1、 Unzip the contents of the fix in the root folder of the game ("Skyrim Special Edition"), where "SkyrimSE.exe" is.(https://masterotaku.s3.amazonaws.com/Sk ... dfix_v8.7z),setup the proxy in the d3dx.ini.
like this(;proxy_d3d11=d3d11_helix.dll = proxy_d3d11=d3d11_helix.dll)。

2、Download this file,copy this d3d11.dll to game folder(http://sg.bo3b.net/fallout4/FO4_1.2.72Eng.7z

3、Download your enb files, copy to game folder (exclude d3d11.dll)

4、Download enb 343 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZzlUP ... bArKW/view),rename the d3d11.dll as d3d11_helix.dll, just copy d3d11_helix.dll to game folder.

enjoy your game.
I tried your guide. While 3d vision works and the game does not crash, ENB does not activate. Are there any newer workarounds? the 3d fix is still 8.7, but the current ENB is now 0.460
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Ready to buy Skyrim again?

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim - Anniversary Edition is set to launch on November 11, the 10th anniversary of the original release.

Quakecon Panel for Skyrim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU9CcCscgRM
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Lol - the fourth release :)
Anyway it will be hard to compete with a 1200 mods version of SE...
SkyrimSE580_085.jpg
SkyrimSE581_085.jpg
SkyrimSE584_085.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Yah, I can't really find out much information on it. Hopefully, the engine would be upgraded.

But it looks like all they want to do, is bolster their creation club earnings.
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

So I combined the FO4 .dll with an older version of ENB. And it works, sorta:

ENB activates, 3D Vision activates without breaking ENB. That's all good. However, the FO4 dll does not fix the Skyrim shadows. Even though it does work with ENB, it's of little use when the shadows are broken (even on its own) :/

Is anybody able to run both a working 3D fix with ENB on Skyrim SE?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

The latest version of SpecialK has a simplistic version of Reshade included and I recall that masterotaku
made some fixes that required SpecialK, so it seems possible that 3DMigoto and SpecialK can co-exist? Dunno for sure.

https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/re ... /sk_0_10_2
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Running the fix + ReShade isn't a problem, but I don't think I'll bother trying to make ENB work with the fix. It's dll stuff, so I can't do much anyway.

I don't know if the new game release will update the engine or anything, but if it breaks something, I'll refix it.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Great masterotaku, but if it's not compatible with existing mods, it certainly looks like a bummer, I doubt that the Nexus community will start all over again, but ofc they have done it before :)

As for ENB, use the best weather and lighting mods + reshade, and you wont miss it :)
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:54 am Great masterotaku, but if it's not compatible with existing mods, it certainly looks like a bummer, I doubt that the Nexus community will start all over again, but ofc they have done it before :)

As for ENB, use the best weather and lighting mods + reshade, and you wont miss it :)
I would settle with Reshade. But I can't get it to run alongside the current Skyrim fix either. Could you please let me know how you were able to get Reshade working?
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

masterotaku wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:39 am Running the fix + ReShade isn't a problem, but I don't think I'll bother trying to make ENB work with the fix. It's dll stuff, so I can't do much anyway.

I don't know if the new game release will update the engine or anything, but if it breaks something, I'll refix it.
It's completely up to you, of course, you're doing all the hard work. The thing is with Skyrim SE almost no one runs it without ENB or mods. The FO4 d9d11.dll works with an older ENB, somehow, but it does not have the 3D fixes you made for Skyrim. It would be awesome to have an ENB compatible version. I'll happily make a donation and help you user test if you're interested.

I already spend so much time modding this thing to only be disappointed at the end to either use 3D Vision or ENB.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

NeIVIeSiS wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:10 am
Blacksmith60 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:54 am Great masterotaku, but if it's not compatible with existing mods, it certainly looks like a bummer, I doubt that the Nexus community will start all over again, but ofc they have done it before :)

I would settle with Reshade. But I can't get it to run alongside the current Skyrim fix either. Could you please let me know how you were able to get Reshade working?
There's no problems with DX11 games, Reshade's DX11 dll is named dxgi.dll, so it doesn't conflict with d3d11.dll, just use the latest version !

I only use 3 shaders in Skyrim - Levels, Dpx and a little Mxao :)
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:21 am
NeIVIeSiS wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:10 am

There's no problems with DX11 games, Reshade's DX11 dll is named dxgi.dll, so it doesn't conflict with d3d11.dll, just use the latest version !

I only use 3 shaders in Skyrim - Levels, Dpx and a little Mxao :)
In theory, they shouldn't conflict. But right now, the current Shademe will not run alongside 3D Vision fix. I tried it. I can't even use "home" to open Shademe settings, Shademe won't fire at all. But it works if I uninstall the 3D fix.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Weird... Are you starting the game with SKSE64 ?
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Yes, with Mod Organizer 2. If I install Shademe with the 3D Fix, the game crashes on launch.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Migoto can also run as dxgi, instead of d3d11.

https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

So...

It seems that Anniversary Edition is going to be released as a patch for Skyrim SE???

According to one of the SKSE authors/devolpers
wrote:Additionally, I can confirm that AE will be released as a patch to existing Special Edition installations, not as a separate game listing in Steam.
wrote:Bethesda has decided to update the compiler used to build the 64-bit version of Skyrim from Visual Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2019. This changes the way that the code is generated in a way that forces mod developers to start from scratch finding functions and writing hooks.
read the full version here
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/com ... ng_skyrim/
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

So I wonder if Skyrim SE is going to disappear completely and Bethesda is doing this to force modders to support the new version.

So what mods that are left on Nexus, (after several modders pulled their mods due to the new policy on Nexus) are going to have
to migrate to the Anniversary Edition page or be deleted along with the Special Edition page??

Or would Nexus keep the Skyrim SE page, even if that game version no longer officially existed?

Piss on Bethesda and their stupid Creation Club, bastards
mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mistersvin21 »

https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/d ... 1634643076

Current situation (17.10.2021)
SAE will be separate title, when sold. It will not automatically overwrite SE on PC. Neither it is gained as free for PC. When purchased, SAE will replace SE. The main game will still remain the same. There will not be 2 versions of Skyrim SE. It will be same SE + updated compiler + creations added by SAE.

SAE includes the total of 74 Creation Club micro DLCs. 48 of them has been previously released. 26 of them are completely new ones.

SAE will act like a bundle, if bought by existing SE owner on PC. SE price will be redacted from SAE price, as it is the case with any current bundle released on Steam.

Next generation consoles can get enhancement update for free. SAE itself wont be free for them either.

All existing SE owners will get 3 creations for free, even if they didn't bought SE: Survival Mode, Fishing and Saints And Seducers.

SAE uses upgraded compiler and it will come for SE as well. Several mods and xSE will be defunct with it, until xSE gets a matching release. Cartogriffi is working with SKSE64 developers to smooth the transition.

Under investigation: Bundle creations are considered as official content. They are not meant to be disabled. PC users can bypass the problem. Console players are going to have harder time, if they do not want the all the content. I am researching if this has changed.

Under investigation: Steam bundle practices have redacted all previously bought content from bundle price. I am researching if previously bought Creations are counted as part of the pre-existing product. So far it looks that they won't be, but I haven't gained any definite answer about this, so confirmation could go either way.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I doubt it will be worth a purchase, but lets see how many engine improvements there really is, especially compared to a fully modded SE...

Be aware of the 3 creations though, that means they will force update your SE once again, unless you set steam to update only when starting the game !

If the game is worth it, I hope Masterotaku will have a look at it :)

Thanks for the heads up guys..
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

New video out from Bethesda about the Anniversary edition, I'll link the IGN version (no sign in required)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2A6qmvWj8
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Official statement from Nexus
https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14578
mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mistersvin21 »

it seems AE patch broke the fix, for example the screen goes fully yellow when firing from firestaff
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

mistersvin21 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:51 am it seems AE patch broke the fix, for example the screen goes fully yellow when firing from firestaff
Thanks.. Other impressions you want to share, I mean is there any visual difference at all, that makes it worth the troubles to update ? - I don't care about fishing :)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Visual Studio 2019 could possibly bring some improvements, but who knows, it is reportedly enabling faster load times that is making some mods mess up.
https://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-anniv ... -the-game/

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/visualst ... udio-2019/

Performance has been a big focus area for Visual Studio 2019, with improvements in many areas, including:

Faster Visual Studio startup
Faster branch switching experience in Visual Studio
C++ open folder – time to IntelliSense improvements
Faster C++ compiler build times
Faster debug stepping
Debug extra large C++ codebases
Faster installation updates

Also reportedly high res textures, new shaders, volumetric lighting, and a dynamic depth-of-field. But mods already address all of this. I would think that
dynamic depth-of-field is for toasters and might be a step back for enthusiasts if not configurable.

The new additions
https://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-anniv ... ons-where/
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

mistersvin21 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:51 am it seems AE patch broke the fix, for example the screen goes fully yellow when firing from firestaff
I don't see this problem. Mod gone wrong, maybe? I put one staff like that in my inventory, threw some balls, and it's OK.

Anyway, I took this chance to begin some fix improvements, like real depth for volumetric lighting, fixed radial blur, and maybe more things. I'll try to make the fix more polished than before.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”