Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.60] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.60] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

Last edited by Losti on Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 67 times in total.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [WorkInProges

Post by masterotaku »

Losti wrote: I have seen that the SSR regex is no working in any game
The SSR regex that DHR made? It works when the shader is purely dedicated to SSR. No water or any other graphical effect. Just SSR. There is a shader like that in Tekken 7, Spyro and Soul Calibur VI, at the very least. Maybe Dragon Quest XI too.

So remember to leave that regex alone :p.

We'll have to talk about some regexes, because I also made some of my own.
Losti

Post by Losti »

masterotaku wrote:
Losti wrote: I have seen that the SSR regex is no working in any game
The SSR regex that DHR made? It works when the shader is purely dedicated to SSR. No water or any other graphical effect. Just SSR. There is a shader like that in Tekken 7, Spyro and Soul Calibur VI, at the very least. Maybe Dragon Quest XI too.

So remember to leave that regex alone :p.

We'll have to talk about some regexes, because I also made some of my own.
Yes ill compare many games and for this. The ssr für objects in beast within is wrong. Ill try to fix this and than compare shaders. From different games.

This will be a work for not just a week to make it more Universal nur thats a cool project.lets seewhat i can do here. Of course it will not work for very special game Versions but for more than now. Thats the goal.

Ah and not working in any game is wrong i mean Not working in a game :-)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Awesome, both of you are making some marvelous job these days! :)
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

You guys are really keeping 3d alive, this really sounds great if games can get fixed automatically easier for UE4, best luck with this.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

It's so great to see, that there's still some of you dedicated guys out there, THANKS and good luck with the upgrade!
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

The universal fixes are fantastic, I have used them many times on indies and owe DHR a great deal of thanks for his work on them. I have noticed lately it has not worked on the last 6-7 games I tried it on, I just assumed the devs were making modifications to the engine or something. If you guys can make it even more improved as a universal fix, that would be amazing...and save yourselves and other shaderhackers time and effort in the long run. Good luck on this side project and thanks for the hard work!
Losti

Post by Losti »

Last time i am working on this checking about 10 games (old and new) to implement all things for the new universal fix. The progress is good but its demanding!

I was able to fix The Beast Inside, Sinking City, City of Brass, Remnand from the Ashes with this fix just by replaceme the original one i have mace for this games, also improved some things for reflections lights and shadows. Ill release these fixes if i am finished here.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Great news Losti, the upgrade will be most velcome, I hope it can fix the last issues in Sudden Strike 4, looking so much forward to try it.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Some problems still remain!! some games are really special!!! i am currently try to sort out an accurate light cone fix that is not working here for every game i have.

Ill not Release a WIP until i am sure that its near perfect. This may take several weeks of testing :--)
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Just say the word, if you could use some additional testing :)
Losti

Post by Losti »

After arround 17 hrs of work i have found a solution for the light cones. Its currently not working for any game, some games needs adjustments. I will add some keys to adjust it on demand if needed. But basically its fixed!

I will also add disable key. May some games still needs some hands on from a shader hacker to make it perfect ^^
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

hi Losti,

With several of your last fixes (Moon man DUTTM, Outerworlds last wip for example) , "uninstall.bat" doesn't work, nothing happens…
Could you check that?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Chtiblue wrote:hi Losti,

With several of your last fixes (Moon man DUTTM, Outerworlds last wip for example) , "uninstall.bat" doesn't work, nothing happens…
Could you check that?
In neneral you dont need that file. If you want to update the a fix just delete the ShaderFixes and the ShaderCache folder and overwrite the rest of the files. If you want to remove 3D from 3D-Migoto just delete the d3d11.dll. Therest of the files are not called not having d3d11.dll in this Folder but you can also delete this if you Need disk space "HAHA joke" ^^ nvapi64.dll and d3dcompiler_46.dll and d3dx.ini.

The uninstall bat does nothing morethan deleting this files.

As for the reason i was several times starting this damn Batch script and uninstalled a work in progrss (DAMN glad that all the files where saved in my text Editor.....) i will do a little redo of this file with a "stop" asking question ^^ I dont know whats wrong for you but i havnt changed anything here. But i can make it new, thats a 5 min work ^^
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

ok thanks Losti
Losti

Post by Losti »

Implementing the fix for the water from masterotaku is killing my brain ^^ but it seems that i have put it into a Regular Expression pattern fix. I think this is the MOST IMPORTANT fix i have ever seen, so many things masterotaku found out and at the end a HUGE HUGE RegEx to catch this.....Masterotaku is outstanding!!!! And my brain burns after creating a RegEx ... one of 6 variants, only an example.....

but nice progress here!

Code: Select all

;*************************************************************ShaderRegex_06_OBJECTS1_WaterReflection***************************************
;OBJECTS_WaterReflection1
[ShaderRegex_06_OBJECTS_WaterReflection1]
shader_model = ps_4_0 ps_5_0
temps = stereo tmp1 tmp2 tmp3 tmp4 tmp5 tmp6 tmp7 tmp8
;ps-t80 = mono copy ps-t80
[ShaderRegex_06_OBJECTS_WaterReflection1.Pattern]
(?P<section1>
\s*mul r\d+\.xyzw, (?P<result>v\d+)\.yyyy, (?P<cbuffer>cb[01])\[41\]\.xyzw\n
\s*mad r\d+\.xyzw, (?P=result)\.xxxx, (?P=cbuffer)\[40\]\.xyzw, r\d+\.xyzw\n
)
(?P<section111>
\s*mad r\d+\.xyzw, [vr]{1}\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, (?P=cbuffer)\[42\]\.xyzw, r\d+\.xyzw\n
\s*add r\d+\.xyzw, r\d+\.xyzw, (?P=cbuffer)\[43\]\.xyzw\n
\s*div (?P<pos>r\d+)\.xyz, r\d+\.xyzx, r\d+\.wwww\n
)
(?P<section11>
\s*add (?P<OriginalAddLine>(?P<AddlineRegister>r\d+)\.(?P<AddlineSwizz1>[xyzw]{3}), (?P=pos)\.(?P<AddlineSwizz2>[xyzw]{4}), (?P<AddlineOperation3>-cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}))\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest00>.*)
(?P<section12>
\s*dp3 (?P<Originaldp3Line>(?P<dp3lineRegister>r\d+)\.(?P<dp3lineSwizz1>[xyzw]{1}), -(?P=pos)\.(?P<dp3lineSwizz2>[xyzw]{4}), -(?P=pos)\.(?P<dp3lineSwizz3>[xyzw]{4}))\n
\s*rsq (?P<OriginalrsqLine>(?P=dp3lineRegister)\.(?P=dp3lineSwizz1), (?P=dp3lineRegister)\.(?P=dp3lineSwizz1))\n
)
(?P<section13>
\s*mul (?P<OriginalMulLine>(?P<MullineRegister>r\d+)\.(?P<MullineSwizz1>[xyzw]{3}), (?P=dp3lineRegister)\.(?P=dp3lineSwizz1)(?P=dp3lineSwizz1)(?P=dp3lineSwizz1)(?P=dp3lineSwizz1), (?P<MullineOperation3>-(?P=pos)\.(?P<MullineSwizz3>[xyzw]{4})))\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest01>.*)\n
(?P<section140>
\s*mad (?P<UWLineFixReg>r\d+)\.(?P<UWLineFixSwizz>[xyzw]{1}), \|cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{1}\|, l\(-\d+\.\d+\), l\(\d+\.\d+\)\n
\s*mad (?P=UWLineFixReg)\.(?P=UWLineFixSwizz), (?P=UWLineFixReg)\.(?P=UWLineFixSwizz), \|cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{1}\|, l\(-\d+\.\d+\)\n
\s*mad (?P=UWLineFixReg)\.(?P=UWLineFixSwizz), (?P=UWLineFixReg)\.(?P=UWLineFixSwizz), \|cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{1}\|, l\(\d+\.\d+\)\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest11>.*)\n
(?P<section141>
\s*mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{1}, cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{1}\n
\s*mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{1}, -cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{1}\n
\s*div r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, l\(\d+\.\d+\, \d+\.\d+\, \d+\.\d+\, \d+\.\d+\), r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}\n
\s*add (?P<UWLineFixReg2>r\d+)\.[xyzw]{1}, (?P=UWLineFixReg2)\.[xyzw]{1}, (?P=UWLineFixReg2)\.[xyzw]{1}\n
\s*div (?P=UWLineFixReg2)\.(?P<UWLineFixSwizz2>[xyzw]{1}), (?P=UWLineFixReg2)\.[xyzw]{1}, (?P=UWLineFixReg2)\.[xyzw]{1}\n
)
(?P<section142>
\s*add (?P<LineUnmod>(?P<LineWaterFixOP1>r\d+\.[xyzw]{3}), (?P=AddlineRegister)\.(?P<LineWaterFixS1>[xyzw]{4}), (?P<LineWaterFixOP3>-cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}))\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest10>.*)\n
(?P<section14>
\s*(?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine1>(?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine1Op1>mul r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine1Op2>(?P=pos)\.(?P<ReplacePOSswizzLine1>[xyzw]{4})), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine1Op3>cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}))\n
\s*(?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine2>(?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine2Op1>mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine2Op2>(?P=pos)\.(?P<ReplacePOSswizzLine2>[xyzw]{4})), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine2Op3>cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine2Op4>r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}))\n
\s*(?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine3>(?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine3Op1>mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine3Op2>(?P=pos)\.(?P<ReplacePOSswizzLine3>[xyzw]{4})), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine3Op3>cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine3Op4>r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}))\n
\s*(?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine4>(?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine4Op1>add r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine4Op2>r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), (?P<ReplacePOSregisterLine4Op3>cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}))\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest02>.*)\n
(?P<section15>
\s*div r\d+\.[xyzw]{3}, (?P<FixRegReflect1>r\d+)\.(?P<FixRegReflect01Swizz>[xyzw]{1})[xyzw]{3}, (?P=FixRegReflect1)\.(?P<FixRegReflect1Swizz>[xyzw]{1})(?P=FixRegReflect1Swizz)(?P=FixRegReflect1Swizz)(?P=FixRegReflect1Swizz)\n
\s*div r\d+\.[xyzw]{3}, (?P<FixRegReflect2>r\d+)\.(?P<FixRegReflect02Swizz>[xyzw]{1})[xyzw]{3}, (?P=FixRegReflect2)\.(?P<FixRegReflect2Swizz>[xyzw]{1})(?P=FixRegReflect2Swizz)(?P=FixRegReflect2Swizz)(?P=FixRegReflect2Swizz)\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest>.*)\n
(?P<section2>
\s*(?P<WaterFixLine1>mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, l\(\d+\.\d+, -\d+\.\d+, \d+\.\d+, -\d+\.\d+\), r\d+\.[xyzw]{4})\n
\s*(?P<WaterFixLine2>mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, l\(\d+\.\d+, -\d+\.\d+, \d+\.\d+, -\d+\.\d+\), r\d+\.[xyzw]{4})\n
\s*(?P<WaterFixLine3>mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, l\(\d+\.\d+, \d+\.\d+, \d+\.\d+, \d+\.\d+\), r\d+\.[xyzw]{4})\n
\s*(?P<WaterFixLine41>sample_l_indexable\(texture2d\)\(float,float,float,float\) r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), t\d+\.(?P<WaterFixLine42>[xyzw]{4}, s\d+, l\(\d+\.\d+\))\n
\s*(?P<WaterFixLine51>sample_l_indexable\(texture2d\)\(float,float,float,float\) r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), t\d+\.(?P<WaterFixLine52>[xyzw]{4}, s\d+, l\(\d+\.\d+\))\n
\s*(?P<WaterFixLine61>sample_l_indexable\(texture2d\)\(float,float,float,float\) r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), t\d+\.(?P<WaterFixLine62>[xyzw]{4}, s\d+, l\(\d+\.\d+\))\n
\s*(?P<WaterFixLine71>sample_l_indexable\(texture2d\)\(float,float,float,float\) r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}), t\d+\.(?P<WaterFixLine72>[xyzw]{4}, s\d+, l\(\d+\.\d+\))\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest2>.*)\n
(?P<section3>
\s*if_nz r\d+\.[xyzw]{1}\n
)
(?P<section4>
\s*add (?P<AddlineRegisterReplaceOp1>r\d+\.[xyzw]{3}), (?P<AddlineRegisterReplaceOp2>(?P=AddlineRegister)\.(?P<AddlineRegisterReplaceSwizz>[xyzw]{4})), (?P<AddlineRegisterReplaceOp3>-cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4})\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest3>.*)\n
(?P<section5>
\s*mad (?P<AddlineRegisterReplace2Op1>r\d+\.[xyzw]{3}), (?P<AddlineRegisterReplace2Op2>r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, cb\d+\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}), (?P<AddlineRegisterReplace2Op3>(?P=AddlineRegister)\.(?P<AddlineRegisterReplace2Swizz>[xyzw]{4}))\n
)
(?s)(?P<rest4>.*)\n
(?P<section6>
\s*mul (?P<REG3>r\d+)\.[xyzw]{3}, (?P<REG4>r\d+)\.[xyzw]{4}, (?P=cbuffer)\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}\n
\s*mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{3}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, (?P=cbuffer)\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}, (?P=REG3)\.[xyzw]{4}\n
\s*mad r\d+\.[xyzw]{3}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, (?P=cbuffer)\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}, (?P=REG3)\.[xyzw]{4}\n
\s*add r\d+\.[xyzw]{3}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, (?P=cbuffer)\[\d+\]\.[xyzw]{4}\n
\s*div r\d+\.(?P<FIXSWIZZ>[xyzw]{1})[xyzw]{1}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}, r\d+\.[xyzw]{4}\n
)
[ShaderRegex_06_OBJECTS_WaterReflection1.Pattern.Replace]
\n
${section1}
//skip this shader be catched by another RegEx\n
${section111}
${rest00}\n
\n
// Masterotaku-LOSTI ShaderRegex - UE4 Pattern Objects 1 water reflect fix masterotaku:\n
ld_indexable(texture2d)(float,float,float,float) ${stereo}.xyzw, l(0, 0, 0, 0), t125.xyzw\n
//save original ${pos} to ${tmp3} for later reflection fix\n
mov ${tmp3}.xyzw, ${pos}.xyzw\n
//Translate to clip\n
mul ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${pos}.yyyy, ${cbuffer}[1].xyzw\n
mad ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${pos}.xxxx, ${cbuffer}[0].xyzw, ${tmp1}.xyzw\n
mad ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${pos}.zzzz, ${cbuffer}[2].xyzw, ${tmp1}.xyzw\n
add ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${cbuffer}[3].xyzw\n
//Fix\n
mad ${tmp1}.x, -${stereo}.x, ${tmp1}.w, ${tmp1}.x\n
//Translate to world\n
mul ${tmp5}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.yyyy, ${cbuffer}[37].xyzw\n
mad ${tmp5}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.xxxx, ${cbuffer}[36].xyzw, ${tmp5}.xyzw\n
mad ${tmp5}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.zzzz, ${cbuffer}[38].xyzw, ${tmp5}.xyzw\n
mad ${tmp5}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.wwww, ${cbuffer}[39].xyzw, ${tmp5}.xyzw\n
//fix under water lines\n
add ${tmp7}.${AddlineSwizz1}, ${tmp5}.${AddlineSwizz2}, ${AddlineOperation3}\n
//Fix\n
mad ${tmp1}.x, ${stereo}.x, ${stereo}.y, ${tmp1}.x\n
//Translate to world\n
mul ${pos}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.yyyy, ${cbuffer}[37].xyzw\n
mad ${pos}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.xxxx, ${cbuffer}[36].xyzw, ${pos}.xyzw\n
mad ${pos}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.zzzz, ${cbuffer}[38].xyzw, ${pos}.xyzw\n
mad ${pos}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.wwww, ${cbuffer}[39].xyzw, ${pos}.xyzw\n
\n
//original line with modified ${pos}\n
add ${OriginalAddLine}\n
//same operation but with unmodified ${pos} that is now ${tmp3}, replace all ${AddlineRegister} later in the sahder with ${tmp4}\n
add ${tmp4}.${AddlineSwizz1}, ${tmp3}.${AddlineSwizz2}, ${AddlineOperation3}\n
\n
//original lines with modified ${pos}\n
dp3 ${Originaldp3Line}\n
rsq ${OriginalrsqLine}\n
//same operation but with only once modified ${pos} that is now ${tmp5}, use ${tmp5} instead of ${pos} later in the shader for reflection fix\n
dp3 ${tmp6}.${dp3lineSwizz1}, -${tmp5}.${dp3lineSwizz2}, -${tmp5}.${dp3lineSwizz3}\n
rsq ${tmp6}.${dp3lineSwizz1}, ${tmp6}.${dp3lineSwizz1}\n
\n
//skip original line and replace ${dp3lineRegister} with above modified one that is ${tmp6}, also use once modified ${pos} that is now ${tmp5}\n
//mul ${OriginalMulLine}\n
mul ${MullineRegister}.${MullineSwizz1}, ${tmp6}.${dp3lineSwizz1}${dp3lineSwizz1}${dp3lineSwizz1}${dp3lineSwizz1}, -${tmp5}.${MullineSwizz3}\n
${rest01}\n
${section140}\n
${rest11}\n
${section141}\n
//Water lines underwater\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.y, ${UWLineFixReg}.${UWLineFixSwizz}\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, cb1[120].x\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, l(0.5)\n
div ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, ${UWLineFixReg2}.${UWLineFixSwizz2}\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.x, ${stereo}.w\n
mul ${tmp8}.xyzx, ${stereo}.wwww, cb1[36].xyzw\n
add ${tmp7}.xyzx, ${tmp8}.xyzx, ${tmp7}.xyzx\n
//add ${LineUnmod}\n
add ${LineWaterFixOP1}, ${tmp7}.${LineWaterFixS1}, ${LineWaterFixOP3}\n
${rest10}\n
\n
//skip original lines and replace ${pos} with above modified one that is ${tmp5}\n
//${ReplacePOSregisterLine1}\n
//${ReplacePOSregisterLine2}\n
//${ReplacePOSregisterLine3}\n
//${ReplacePOSregisterLine4}\n
\n
//reflection fix by masterotaku\n
${ReplacePOSregisterLine1Op1}, ${tmp5}.${ReplacePOSswizzLine1}, ${ReplacePOSregisterLine1Op3}\n
${ReplacePOSregisterLine2Op1}, ${tmp5}.${ReplacePOSswizzLine2}, ${ReplacePOSregisterLine2Op3}, ${ReplacePOSregisterLine2Op4}\n
${ReplacePOSregisterLine3Op1}, ${tmp5}.${ReplacePOSswizzLine3}, ${ReplacePOSregisterLine3Op3}, ${ReplacePOSregisterLine3Op4}\n
${ReplacePOSregisterLine4Op1}, ${ReplacePOSregisterLine4Op2}, ${ReplacePOSregisterLine4Op3}\n
\n
${rest02}\n
\n
//reflection fix by masterotaku\n
mad ${FixRegReflect1}.${FixRegReflect01Swizz}, ${stereo}.x, ${FixRegReflect1}.${FixRegReflect1Swizz}, ${FixRegReflect1}.${FixRegReflect01Swizz}\n
mad ${FixRegReflect2}.${FixRegReflect02Swizz}, ${stereo}.x, ${FixRegReflect2}.${FixRegReflect2Swizz}, ${FixRegReflect2}.${FixRegReflect02Swizz}\n
\n
${section15}
\n
${rest}\n
${section2}
${rest2}\n
${section3}
\n
//replace ${AddlineRegister} with unmofidied modified ${tmp4} from above\n
//add ${AddlineRegisterReplaceOp1}, ${AddlineRegisterReplaceOp2}, ${AddlineRegisterReplaceOp3}\n
add ${AddlineRegisterReplaceOp1}, ${tmp4}.${AddlineRegisterReplaceSwizz}, ${AddlineRegisterReplaceOp3}\n
\n
${rest3}\n
\n
//replace ${AddlineRegister} with unmofidied modified ${tmp4} from above\n
//mad ${AddlineRegisterReplace2Op1}, ${AddlineRegisterReplace2Op2}, ${AddlineRegisterReplace2Op3}\n
mad ${AddlineRegisterReplace2Op1}, ${AddlineRegisterReplace2Op2}, ${tmp4}.${AddlineRegisterReplace2Swizz}\n
\n
${rest4}\n
${section6}
\n
// Lostis Fix for Water FogDynLights:\n
add ${REG3}.${FIXSWIZZ}, ${REG3}.${FIXSWIZZ}, ${stereo}.x\n
// Lostis Fix for Water FogDynLights:\n\n
[ShaderRegex_06_OBJECTS_WaterReflection1.InsertDeclarations]
dcl_resource_texture2d (float,float,float,float) t125
dcl_resource_texture1d (float,float,float,float) t120
;*************************************************************ShaderRegex_06_OBJECTS1_WaterReflection***************************************
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Awesome work guys, my brain wouldn't burn it would simply burst !

It's great to see that you are collaborating, can't wait to see the result of all your efforts..
Losti

Post by Losti »

I have checked the result of the current state so far!

The current RegEx file exceeds 4500 lines now and i have checked the following games and replaced my fix I have made for:

Deliver Us The Moon
Blair Witch
Draugen
Mordhau
Remnant From the Ashes
Space Hulk Deathwing
The Beast Inside
The Sinking City
NOT MADED BY ME: Spyro Tilogy (not fixed: Parallax ... but it was hard for me to notice the things masterotaku was doing here, that are brilliant in the result but ill skip this for the universal fix, no one will notice this! It relates to 3D appearance for the stones at the ground. I thought I have perfect eyes...but this is nothing against the view on things from MASTEROTAKU)

Any of these games looking perfect now with one and the same fix!!! It will also improve the fixes I have provided! Ill update those fixes if I finished this here!

I am loving proud that all the things are working as i want it .-)

NOTE: The perfect water you will see soon is from MASTEROTAKU!!! I have "only" made the RegEx for this....ok only...."some" hrs. to create this ^^

NOTE2: There may be will still be some issues left we have to address manually for a perfect fix, we cannot fix any detail to perfect with an universal fix, some games are a bit specific!!
But....We shaderhackers do not want to be unemployed or useless^^
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Fantastic news Losti, this will surely speed up fixing a lot, awesome job!
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Losti

Post by Losti »

Just fixed clipping ComputeShader for Outer Worlds, seems also to fix remainging clipping in Spyro from masterotaku. Also found a solution for clipping in Remnand that was left in PS. but need more testing and other games having this. Any time i fix an effect i need to test the effect on other games. Until now its looking promising.

Some issue left for depth for light/shadow/reflection for outer worlds and remnant i cant find a shader here for this, i need some time to track this down....ok i have a shader but its allready fixed, may be an unknown second pos....

If i have fixed anything to perfect for the games in stock here ill try Borderlands 3, DHR reported a realy special version for UE4, ill be curious about the new universal fix will perform here. Otherwhise ill track down changes and add new RegEx if needed.

NOTE: Not every single effect may be catched universal, we may need some attention but knowing this engine very good and fix many things will speed up fixing things that may still remain in some games. ESPECIALLY the HUD.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Losti wrote: NOTE: Not every single effect may be catched universal
Yeah. And fixing all effects with regex by brute force will affect performance, when lots of complex regexes have to be checked for each shader. It happened to me in one non UE4 game when I used a lot of specific regexes instead of one or two generic ones. It affected load times significantly. Without shader cache, of course.

Thanks again for helping me with Spyro :). I'll have to upload the new version of the fix soon.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Seems that i was able to fix the ConeLights universally. Strange convergence can make this incorrect in some games, but ill add a key for the adaption of this but even if you use strange convergence the things are verry cool fixed!!! Some of you will not nitice that you have to use a key for dooing a little bit of adaption of the cone lights for beeing perfect.

Working for BlairWitch, OuterWorlds, SinkingCity, Draugen .... i dont have more games having this effect yet ^^
Losti

Post by Losti »

near perfect fixed dynamic lights @ draugen as an example for the universal fix for this issue!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Those screens look really impressive for an universal fix, amazing job Losti
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Losti

Post by Losti »

I Need to find some more games to check a not confirmed fix in the RegEx that depends on the set of constand buffers the game uses in general. For now i think everything is done here but i will add some Overlay Messages and hints what you can do if something went wrong because SOME things are really game dependend but can quickly beeing sorted out. The Main work here that is left is such a detailed description.

I also want to have a look at the new JEDI game and BORDERLANDS 3 and Assetto Corsa Capri..., may i can find something more to add to the universal fix. I can also update many of my fixes from the past to make this more perfect! Games that are fixed from the scratch with the current state of the universal fix:

Remnant - From the Ashes (AND: improved to the existing released fix)
The Outer Worlds
The Beast Inside (AND: improved to the existing released fix)
The Sinking City (AND: improved to the existing released fix)
Draugen (AND: improved to the existing released fix)
Blair Witch (AND: improved to the existing released fix)
Spyro Trilogy
City of Brass
Deliver us The Moon
Only After
Space Hulk Death Wing

So the things seems to be cool so far!

NOTE: Universal Fixed games can have more Impact on the performance than an individual fix because many RegEx that are not needed for the game are included. So i will give you the Option to include some devided files to skip RegEx not needed and improve performance if needed.

I hope to finish this up in the next week, Christmas is coming ^^

(NOT UI/HUD this will be a special thing in every game, i can only add some general depth and autodepth features for the main HUD shaders that often works very good für a universal fix without hands on from a shader hacker. More details in the release version post.)
Losti

Post by Losti »

I have checked the borderlands3 fix from DJ-RK and noticed some differneces for the halo patter (MAJOR ISSUE HERE), decals (MAJOR ISSUE HERE) and Directional Lighting (NOT CATCHED BY CURRENT VERSION OF UNIVERSAL FIX BECAUSE OF SOME OTHER PATTERN BUT FIX IS THE SAME). Everything else is beeing cool fixed! Adding this things to the RegEx for the universal fix makes the game fixed FOR THE FIRST SCENES i can see here. OF course an universal fix may not be perfect but adding this will give us more chances for fixing unknown games to near perfect. Ill analyze the universuality of the new additions, may i can make the original versions of RegEx more universal but not breaking other things.

Game performance is also really good, even if i use over 6000 lines of RegEx here.

PS: @ DJ: Please do not missunderstand me, i just want to create a fix that will lower the hands on time for us in the future! Of course HUD and Auto convergence and some special fixes will be left for some games! But for games we do not fix we can make a really good universal fix!!! I dont want to override your work, I THANK you for your work! Having a fix that fixes most things will save our time for further fixes even if there is something special! So we do not have things to do from the scratch anymore!

//EDIT: I have Checked Operencia The Stolen Sun and its perfect now! (using the current state w/o additions form the borderlands fix)

I think its time to work on the release...Ill check the Bards Tale 4 tomorrow!

Thats good anougth for a universal fix i think!!!
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Here's a gift. True fix for volumetric fog and lights using a PROPER and STANDARD formula. This is for the associated cb offset values for Borderlands 3 (I'll add it to my Jedi Fallen Order fix tonight).

-----------------------------Start-------------------------------

[ShaderRegex_Volumetric_Lighting]
shader_model = cs_5_0
temps = stereo params tmp1 tmp2

[ShaderRegex_Volumetric_Lighting.Pattern]
(?P<pre>
cb0\[57\]
(:?.|\n)*?
mul.*?cb0\[55.*?\n
\s*?mad.*?cb0\[54.*?\n
\s*?mad.*?cb0\[56.*?\n
\s*?add (?P<pos1>r\d+)\.[xyzw]{4}.*?cb0\[57.*?\n
)
(?P<post>
\s*?div (?P<pos2>r\d+)\.(?P<p2swiz>[xyzw]{3}), (?P=pos1)\.(?P<p1swiz>[xyzw]{4}), (?P=pos1)\.w{4}
)

[ShaderRegex_Volumetric_Lighting.Pattern.Replace]
${pre}\n
ld_indexable(texture2d)(float,float,float,float) ${stereo}.xyzw, l(0, 0, 0, 0), t125.xyzw\n
ld_indexable(texture1d)(float,float,float,float) ${params}.xyzw, l(0, 0, 0, 0), t120.xyzw\n

div ${tmp1}.xyz, ${pos1}.xyzx, ${pos1}.wwww\n
mov ${tmp1}.w, l(1.0)\n
mul ${tmp2}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.yyyy, cb1[1].xyzw\n
mad ${tmp2}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.xxxx, cb1[0].xyzw, ${tmp2}.xyzw\n
mad ${tmp2}.xyzw, ${tmp1}.zzzz, cb1[2].xyzw, ${tmp2}.xyzw\n
add ${tmp2}.xyzw, ${tmp2}.xyzw, cb1[3].xyzw\n

add ${stereo}.w, ${tmp2}.w, -${stereo}.y\n
mad ${tmp2}.x, ${stereo}.w, -${stereo}.x, ${tmp2}.x\n

mul ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${tmp2}.yyyy, cb1[41].xyzw\n
mad ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${tmp2}.xxxx, cb1[40].xyzw, ${tmp1}.xyzw\n
mad ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${tmp2}.zzzz, cb1[42].xyzw, ${tmp1}.xyzw\n
mad ${tmp1}.xyzw, ${tmp2}.wwww, cb1[43].xyzw, ${tmp1}.xyzw \n

mov ${pos2}.${p2swiz}, ${tmp1}.${p1swiz}\n\n

[ShaderRegex_Volumetric_Lighting.InsertDeclarations]
dcl_resource_texture2d (float,float,float,float) t125
dcl_resource_texture1d (float,float,float,float) t120

-----------------------------End-------------------------------

Now look at just part of your code that you hacked together for such a simple and standard fix:

-----------------------------Start-------------------------------

[ShaderRegex_000_LightConesDynLights_1_CS.Pattern.Replace]
\n
${section1}\n
${rest}\n
${section2}\n
${rest2}\n
${section3}\n
\n
//load stereo and constant params\n
ld_indexable(texture1d)(float,float,float,float) ${tmp2}.xyzw, l(110, 0, 0, 0), t120.xyzw\n
ld_indexable(texture1d)(float,float,float,float) ${tmp3}.xyzw, l(111, 0, 0, 0), t120.xyzw\n

//add separation to ${SecondFixRex}.${SecondFixSwizz1} used in the matrix below this fix\n
//add ${stereo}.w, ${SecondFixRex}.${SecondFixSwizz1}, ${stereo}.x\n
add ${stereo}.w, l(0.0), ${stereo}.x\n

//calc ${tmp1} between cb1[38].w = 0.1 and 0.33 (game dependend)\n
//confirmed working for games having CB1[40] and CB1[44] in object shader, no game found having CB1[36] in object shader yet\n
mul ${tmp1}.x, cb1[38].w, l(0.34782608695652300000)\n
add ${tmp1}.x, ${tmp1}.x, l(0.86521739130434800000)\n

//mul temp register ${stereo}.w with calculated ${tmp1}.x\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, -${tmp1}.x\n

//found by trial and error after many hrs, working universal for any UE4 game, but need some changes for cb1[32].x in dependency of the -cb(?P=CBNR)[(?P=CBReg)].xyzx from below\n
//if CB NR = 66 than use cb1[36].x / if CB NR = 62 than use cb1[32].x / /if CB NR = 58 than use cb1[28].x << CONFLICT !! Need a game using -cb1[58].xyzx here!!!!\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, cb1[28].x\n
ieq ${tmp1}.y, l(${CBReg}.0), l(62.0)\n
ieq ${tmp1}.z, l(${CBReg}.0), l(66.0)\n
\n
if_nz ${tmp1}.y\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, cb1[32].x\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, cb1[32].x\n
endif\n
\n
if_nz ${tmp1}.z\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, cb1[36].x\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, cb1[36].x\n
endif\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, cb1[28].x\n

ieq ${tmp4}.x, ${tmp2}.x, l(1.0)\n
if_nz ${tmp4}.x\n
//add convergence scaling if enabled with NUMPAD0\n
//y = -0,00234674281707191000x + 1,11644963120114000000\n
mul ${tmp1}.w, ${stereo}.y, l(-0.00234674281707191000)\n
add ${tmp1}.w, ${tmp1}.w, l(1.11644963120114000000)\n
//this is for universal fix using scaling key to adjust general depth\n
mul ${tmp1}.w, ${tmp1}.w, ${tmp3}.x\n
//mul temp register ${stereo}.w with calculated ${tmp1}.w\n
mul ${stereo}.w, ${stereo}.w, ${tmp1}.w\n
endif\n

//apply fix\n
add ${TrdFixRex}.${TrdFixSwizz2}, ${TrdFixRex}.${TrdFixSwizz2}, ${stereo}.w\n
${section4}\n

-----------------------------End-------------------------------

LMAO! Get the f*** out of here with this hackeyed bullshit (and coming into my fix thread telling me it's ok to use this crap). That's just one section and it's bigger than my entire regex, not to mention those ridiculous numbers you pulled out of your ass and are using for your calculations. You think you're qualified to make a better universal fix? Your sh!t is bloated and busted as f*ck, using a bunch of hillbilly moonshine code that you think is "perfect" but it's not. That's fine for you own hackjob fixes, but that sh!t has no place in a successor for the community Universal fix. Sure, it might work well enough, but that's just pissing more performance out the window than necessary and not providing true results, just "close enough." Maybe if you spent as much time trying proper formulas instead of coming up with your own arbitrary values you wouldn't spend as long as you claim you spend on making your fixes, lol.

Oh, if you're wondering why such hostility? You really shouldn't given our history, but for starters stop strutting around like you're some sort of God among men around here. You only have the status you have because you're one of the only people left making fixes, not because you're particularly talented. Besides that and more importantly, I already told you back when you tried interfering with my X-Com 2 WotC fix (right after the KC:D fiasco): Stop stepping on my mother f***ing toes with my fixes! I told you before that I have absolutely no desire to ever work with you again after the sh!t you pulled, so stop coming into my threads and "helping" because it's not wanted (and in the case of Trine 4 it was flat out wrong info. Your "help" made EVERYTHING 2D. Great 3D fixing knowledge there, genius) and you're not ever going to be given credit or thanks from me (since I know that's what's so important to you) so you're wasting your time. Also, just because you've thrown together a few fixes here and there (mostly using universal fixes and scripts to do most of the work) don't f***ing think you can do a better job than me on my own fixes. You think because you have the first area in BL3 looking "perfect" you've got it made? I had the first area "perfect" in a couple of hours of starting from completely scratch, but the real issues come later and throughout. Trust me, you'll be refixing the entire game trying to add it to your universal fix, I promise you that. At least I make my own fixes, and been doing it for years before you or regex and universal fixes were a thing. 90% of your sh!t is other people's work you are taking credit (and demanding money) for.

I'll end my message to you with this: I've been keeping myself civil and ignoring you and your crap for a long time now until you started acting like you know more than me about fixing (you don't!) and harassing & interfering with my fixes again, so keep the f*** away from me and my work (and I'll leave you to keep being the resident attention whore around here to feed your huge ego) and we won't have any further problems. You're free to look at and use anything in any of my fixes (which you already do without giving me any credit for anyways), but I don't want to hear about it, so keep that sh!t to yourself. Got it? Good. Now eff off.

Finally, for other readers that think I'm being an irrational jerk and blowing up over nothing, there's also the fact that Losti hijacked my Kingdom Come: Deliverance WIP without my consent to take all the credit, while I was too busy dealing with a family cancer matter that I openly disclosed on the forum... so there's a lot of bad blood between us for those that don't know.
Losti

Post by Losti »

don't f***ing think you can do a better job than me on my own fixes
Never thought that and I also haven't told something like this with any word.
You think because you have the first area in BL3 looking "perfect" you've got it made?
Nope.
At least I make my own fixes, and been doing it for years before you or regex and universal fixes were a thing.
If you think it's better to reinvent the wheel, then I will not try to convince you otherwise.
90% of your sh!t is other people's work you are taking credit (and demanding money) for.
If this is what you think i will let you continue thinking this.
and I'll leave you to keep being the resident attention whore around here to feed your huge ego
You are so generous to me! THANK YOU!
there's also the fact that Losti hijacked my Kingdom Come: Deliverance WIP without my consent to take all the credit
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... e/#5291128

I cant remember in detail but reading this i have started with the CM mode and than i used DHRs prev. Cryengine fixes to try to fix this game because i want to play it. Given, this was a time i didnt know about the „silent codex“ that ist restricted to continue a work another shader hacker has just began. But anyway we have discussed this matter.

And at last:
1. Ist not forbidden to use universal fixes and scripts that exists to make a game fix, thats that they are made for, we don‘t have to reinvent the wheel
2. I always write the contributions to a fix into my post at the blog and the work oft he others
3. A fix is a fix, many roads lead to Rome, there is no right and false if the fix we apply will do what we want, even if some special formulas may costs a little bit of performance than others but at the end ist up to the users to decide: 2D without a fix or 3D with a fix that may (no prove) costs 5-10 fps more than a geniouse DJ-RK fix that does not exsists because it wasnt made…
//EDIT:
4. My VolLight formula is working great as yours (needs some CB number adaption in depend. of the game) for games not having convergence depending VolLight. If you remove all the comments i have added for myselfe you will see thats only a mult by CBs as you do with the matrix things. So there is ABSOLUTELY no prove that some of the both variants differs in performance. The only issue i have seen with my fix is that some games needs convergence and this is done using the additional key for toggle. Because I am stupid and dont know anything about shader hacking and i am not DJ_RK, i have added a very workarround for this type of games to give the user the posebility to good fix this effect. YEAH but i understand, its better to skip this like it was in the existing universal fix because its not a perfect fix solution coming from DJ_RK.
5. To call my work stupid and tell me not having any knowledge because you only have seen ONE uncommon fix is ... cursory!
6. YOU ARE THE MASTER, WE ARE NOTHING: Rise before your god DJ_RK, only he is the one and only SHADER-HACKER!!!! (ok given....this point 6 is a bit childish^^)

@ The Rest: Dont use my fixes they are crap! DJ-RK is fixing all the games for you because he is the master of shader hacking and all the rest are doing stupid work that is hackeyed bullshit!
Last edited by Losti on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not another friendly fire!

friendly fire.jpg
Peace pipe needed.
tenor.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:
Chtiblue wrote:hi Losti,

Could you check that?
In neneral you dont need that file. If you want to update the a fix just delete the ShaderFixes and the ShaderCache folder and overwrite the rest of the files. If you want to remove 3D from 3D-Migoto just delete the d3d11.dll. Therest of the files are not called not having d3d11.dll in this Folder but you can also delete this if you Need disk space "HAHA joke" ^^ nvapi64.dll and d3dcompiler_46.dll and d3dx.ini.

The uninstall bat does nothing morethan deleting this files.

As for the reason i was several times starting this damn Batch script and uninstalled a work in progrss (DAMN glad that all the files where saved in my text Editor.....) i will do a little redo of this file with a "stop" asking question ^^ I dont know whats wrong for you but i havnt changed anything here. But i can make it new, thats a 5 min work ^^
For the uninstall.bat file, I would like to insist that we ship this with every fix. This is our standard cleanup tool, to get things back to clean for any given user. If we break this mechanism, we then need to respond to every broken installation on the forums, and it's not a good use of time. It's easy enough for us pro level users to manually delete, but I assure you that is not viable for the vast majority of our users.

We can and should tweak the file. If you've lost work because of it, let's fix the problem by adding an Are You Sure question in the command window, not delete it. Or feel free to delete it while working, but ensure it's there by making a shipping script of some form.

One other thing the script does not do, that it should, is to restore the game profile to what it was. We modify the profile, but never reset it upon 'uninstall.bat'. Also, there might be new folders or files that are not presently in the list that we should add.

Let me reiterate, this file is really important for solving problems in broken installations. I answer every question on HelixModBlog posts, and I must have this working correctly as the first steps. Sorry to be so strong here, but this is very important to me.

masterotaku wrote:
Losti wrote: NOTE: Not every single effect may be catched universal
Yeah. And fixing all effects with regex by brute force will affect performance, when lots of complex regexes have to be checked for each shader. It happened to me in one non UE4 game when I used a lot of specific regexes instead of one or two generic ones. It affected load times significantly. Without shader cache, of course.

Thanks again for helping me with Spyro :). I'll have to upload the new version of the fix soon.
I think that the best solution here is to do as big and complicated regex as seems important, because the power of the tool is magnified by the expressions. And don't prematurely optimize the performance by trimming the regex.

The right solution for the performance is to cache the found and fixed shaders, that is precisely what it is there for. First launch will be stuttery, clunky, and that is OK. For any given fix using regex, best plan is to set cache_shaders=1 as part of the release.
Last edited by bo3bber on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

@ Losti (Obviously): Look man, you do your thing, I'll do mine, and let's just avoid talking to or about each other and our work and we'll be fine. Deal?

Believe it or not, I actually do prefer to have you around more so than not (although I wish you would learn a bit of humility, and a bit of respect for others, as I've politely told you in private before), because like you said: having more fixes made (even if I don't agree with the methodology) is better than not. But when you come into my fix threads (or post stuff about my fixes in your own threads) and start undermining my work and my ability, and acting like you think you know more than me because you've put together a bunch of fixes using scripts or because masterotaku (nothing against him) told you something about something, then we got problems.

That would be like me going up to DSS and doing the same because I've been making fixes for a while. There's just an order of magnitude difference in knowledge and experience. Heck, it wasn't too long ago you were asking me in a PM, "what does mul / div /mad / add mean and how do you know where to apply fixes?" and now you think you can come and start telling me stuff I don't already know? I mean yeah, we all learn and grow, but come on dude. I don't mind it when masterotaku comes and provides his input because he's been at it nearly as long as I have and even managed to accumulate some specific knowledge prior to me due to his sheer dedication and managed to improve and surpass some fixes I've worked on. He's earned my respect, and quite frankly you haven't earned that yet, and you don't get to earn that from only utilizing scripts and universal fixes. How would you like it if I decided to remake a Metro Exodus fix now using proper and standard techniques, probably improving user-friendliness and/or performance a fair bit in doing so, after you spent all your time getting it to where it is now? Or if I went and started my own The Outer Worlds fix after you started yours, and then started coming in and telling you how I fixed X that you were still working on (or you hadn't spent a lot of time on yet because you were focusing on other issues). It's one thing if help has solicited for, but when you do so out of the blue, after we've clearly had some tension between us, it comes across as an act of you thinking you're all high and mighty.

Honestly dude, you let this whole fixing thing make your head so big that you needed to be knocked off your high horse. I called it way back when you reposted a new thread for Kingdom Come, you were trying to make it "The Losti Show" around here and you didn't heed my warning then. Since then you have:

-Probably been a major factor in pissing off Helifax and his departure, like how you hacked his server for his unreleased Mass Effect Andromeda fix, then started posting up your own variation of it while it was still in development (exactly like how you did for Kingdom Come), and told him to f*** off for posting valid feedback/criticism towards your Metro Exodus fix not working properly. I also wonder if DHR's departure may have been partly in due to your behavior and exploitation of his work, albeit to a lesser extent than Helifax.
-Created 2 separate threads saying you were leaving the community because fixing games was oh so much of a drain on your life and ruining your marriage, gathering all the kindness and support of the community, just to spit in our faces by continuing on days later
-Created a 3rd thread not too much later pretty much implying that people have to donate to you for you to keep making fixes or else you'll stop (and after I called you out on it, you tried redacting it as not meaning that and you were just grateful)
-You are the only person to put your name in the title of every game fix you post, having your name appear in the game fix listing (gotta get dat extra recognition! amiright?)
-As mentioned in the other thread, you make a bloody spectacle of your blog posts, taking up way too much space providing useless info, and again making sure your name is plastered all over it. Everyone else is nice and concise, and respectful of other readers and blog posts.
-Basically working on every fix you possibly could, even those you clearly stated you have no interest in, which is kinda a positive thing since more fixes are better than less, but again it shows how eager for attention you are, and you clearly don't know where to draw the line, like when someone else is already working on something and you feel the need to get involved too.
-Feeling like you are entitled to literally demand for donations before, during, after your fixes (like with Code Vein, which was already reported as being pretty much perfect with the UE4 fix by Necropants and that he had a simple HUD fix, and you came in there demanding donations to pretty much take over and package it up and put it to the blog)
-Your little "Thank you" thread came across as just a way to gather more attention and gratitude towards yourself than those you were thanking. Not to mention you were VERY selective about who to thank (no mention of bo3b, for example). I'm sure you will argue against this, but your track record for attention-seeking pretty much confirms your motivation here.
-This whole expanded UE4 universal fix is clearly just a way for you to put your name on it and start taking credit for it.
-And lastly, and my favourite, you made not one, but TWO frickin videos of you literally just sitting writing code. If that doesn't scream attention whore, I don't know what does.

So yeah, besides my request of "Leave me the f*** alone and I'll leave you alone" I would also love to see you chill out and be a little less, well, annoying. But, as I told you before (again, politely and in private... in fact, nearly everything I've said this day I've said politely and privately before, but your head was stuck so far up your a** you couldn't hear it, so now I'm saying it all again bluntly and loudly!), you're a grown-ass man and you'll make your own decisions, but you'll also face the consequences from time to time if you choose to be a turd.

Peace.
Losti

Post by Losti »

@ Bo3bber:

1. Yes I will keep this file but I need to know what’s wrong here. I have never changed it. Ill check this some days. May I will add some lines and YES i will a stop do you really want question here ^^
2. Yes that’s what I have tried to tell the others, the more we play the better the things will get. OuterWilds caching around 3500 shaders visiting some areas!
DJ-RK wrote:@ Losti (Obviously): Look man, you do your thing, I'll do mine, and let's just avoid talking to or about each other and our work and we'll be fine. Deal?
Deal!!!!

....lol.....
although I wish you would learn a bit of humility, and a bit of respect for others, as I've politely told you in private before
DITO!!! Read what you have written to me! This is respect??? Reminder: "Get the f*** out of here with this hackeyed bullshit"
...and start undermining my work and my ability...

I HAVE NEVER HAD DONE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I just have posted some things I have learned within the time of fixing UE4 games while your absence here, I thought it may help, nothing more!!! That’s a wrong feeling here you have get in mind "undermining my work and my ability" THATS ABSOLUTELY NOT MY INTENTION AND THINKING!!!!
and acting like you think you know more than me because you've put together a bunch of fixes using scripts or because masterotaku
YOU ARE WRONG !!!! The games I have fixed are BASED on UE4 fixes done by DHR/DSS as I write in ANY FIX POST!!! But the additional fixes were found out and done by MY SELFE!!!! It’s not simply "put together a bunch of fixes using scripts" If I have provided a fix for UNITY/UE4 games ALL THE THINGS I HAVE DONE is written in the post!!! I have only provided this because not everyone knows how to use the DSS script and for UE4 games many of it was in the need of some additions and the findings here was more than copy or apply existing things!!!!!!! All I have done is using the tools options we have, we haven’t to reinvent the wheel!!! I HAVE NEVER SAYED that’s my work at all!!!

Example: Decay Of Logos - 3D-Vision-Fix - DSS-DHR-Losti - V1.00

==> The order in this line reflects the work of the people involved: Most: DSS, less: DHR, more less: Losti!

AND:

***This fix was made by Losti with DSS UNITY Script and ShaderRegEx from DHR UNITY Universal Fix***

- everything by DSS UNITY Script Auto-fix except some Halo and Shadows, that are fixed with:
- DHR UNITY-UNIVERSAL-Script 2017 RegEx
- additional halo fix for fog/smoke/dust (Losti)
- HUD (Losti)

SO I DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM HERE!!! Posting this on Helix Mod is for the community not for me!!!! Everything is clear defined and the work is honored in the special thangs header i ever time provide in any of my posts!!!!

I have used fixes for water for example form Masterotaku but I have added the credits: - accurate water screen space reflections (Losti / Masterotaku), RegEx (Losti)

DSS was also helping me out in many situations and helping me fixing games, this is also credited: "DarkStarSword - for everything you did for this small but nice 3D-Community and of cause your personal support!!! - donate (https://www.paypal.me/DarkStarSword) or support @ https://www.patreon.com/DarkStarSword"
Heck, it wasn't too long ago you were asking me in a PM, "what does mul / div /mad / add mean and how do you know where to apply fixes?" and now you think you can come and start telling me stuff I don't already know? I mean yeah, we all learn and grow, but come on dude.
THATS WHAT I CALL LEARNING!!! You, DHR, DSS, Masterotaku gave me the things I need to fix games today!!! Remembered you starting your way with an adaption of a game like me!!! Learning!!! REMEMBER: You can fix the games you play, but the community will not be able to, REMEMBER: Many shader hackers have quit here, without "offspring" we die out!!!
How would you like it if I decided to remake a Metro Exodus fix now using proper and standard techniques, probably improving performance a fair bit in doing so, after you spent all your time getting it to where it is now
I have NEVER done this since my first fix KCD and YES DO IT, are you sure you raise the performance? The formulas here are using CB values and convergence, nothing more. TRY IT, IMPROVE THE METRO EXODUS FIX! I always use standard techniques if it will work but sometimes it will not work and or I don’t find the pos to apply. Don't bother me by telling me not to provide fixes that are 'NOT STANDARD, this does not particular means that they are BAD!!!! Try it, TO IT, improve the Metro fix, would be cool for us if you can make it!
Or if I went and started my own The Outer Worlds fix after you started yours, and then started coming in and telling you how I fixed X that you were still working on (or you hadn't spent a lot of time on yet because you were focusing on other issues).
WOULD BE GREAT!!! even if I waste time, the result is what matters!!! Sometimes we step into the dark and waste time for some easy things! The new universal fix currently only contains only ONE approx. fix for 50% of the games as I wrote, VolLigts. The rest is fixed propperly!!!

YOU FAIL if you hate unconventional things!!! I have fixed clipping for UE4 Engine, ask Masterotaku!!!

It’s not like the things we are used to? BUT WORKING!!!!
Honestly dude, you let this whole fixing thing make your head so big that you needed to be knocked off your high horse. I called it way back when you reposted a new thread for Kingdom Come, you were trying to make it "The Losti Show" around here and you didn't heed my warning then.
I like "the losti show" and you can prevent it!!!
"Probably been a major factor in pissing off Helifax and his departure (how you hacked his server for his Mass Effect Andromeda fix, then started posting up your own variation of it (exactly like how you did for Kingdom Come)"
LOL loving lol....I have never hacked a server....http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/ is public for every one and I just have downloaded the WIP found here for my own use to play the game and I have NEVER used it for mod or publish anything!!!! ASK HIM !!! I have clearified this long ago with him!!!
I also wonder if DHR's departure may have been partly in due to your behavior and exploitation of his work, albeit to a lesser extent than Helifax.
Are you completely stupid? I never exploited anyone! Certainly not Helifax! NOTHING I HAVE crapped from his server that is public as you can see above, was NEVER BEEING PUBLISHED or modified!!!
Created 2 separate threads saying you were leaving the community because fixing games was oh so much of a drain on your life, gathering all the kindness and support of the community, just to spit in our faces by continuing on days later
So stupid.....saying "spit in our faces" if I found a way to continue work on her!!!!
Created a 3rd thread not too much later pretty much implying that people have to donate to you for you to keep making fixes or else you'll stop
Agreed!!! That’s my way to continue this one here, if you like it or not!!!!!
-Basically working on every fix you possibly could, even those you clearly stated you have no interest in, which is kinda a positive thing since more fixes are better than less, but again it shows how eager for attention you are, and you clearly don't know where to draw the line, like when someone else is already working on something and you feel the need to get involved too.
agreed!!!
Feeling like you are entitled to literally demand for donations before, during, after your fixes (like with Code Vein, which was already reported as being pretty much perfect with the UE4 fix, and you came in there demanding donations to pretty much package it up and put it to the blog)
I am sorry that I can’t track any post that have ever been made. The donations are voluntarily and if a user decides to donate if I fix a little effect that bothers him ITS UP TO THE USER!!!
Your little "Thank you" thread came across as just a way to gather more attention and gratitude towards yourself than those you were thanking
F.UCK YOU!!!
...from time to time if you choose to be a turd.
F.UCK YOU!!!

I do not know what your loving problem is here, but being so energetic is not fair. Not reporting for months or doing anything and then returning as THE KING OF THE WORLD and shooting against "your own lute" is more than contraceptive! But let me tell you, I'm done with you and I'll continue as before, whether you like it or not. If you have tried to kill me by attacking, then I am more than alive!!!!

F.UCK YOU!!!

DJ-RK wrote:@ Losti (Obviously): Look man, you do your thing, I'll do mine, and let's just avoid talking to or about each other and our work and we'll be fine. Deal?
Deal!!!!

No more comments on this, its unbelievable what you are writing/doing here !!!!
Last edited by Losti on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Well... I think we can all agree that ShaderHacking attracts some very strong personalities. Including me, no doubt. :D

Speaking for myself, it's a tricky balance to try to be sure to be recognized for the work that you do, without coming off as arrogant or dismissing other people's work. There is definitely ego involved, I like it when people think I'm a sharp guy.

Trying to decide attribution is impossible at this point however. How much we owe to each and every ShaderHacker is just not something we figure out. Some contributions stand taller than others, but all of them, no matter how small, have helped us all.

I think we are stronger and better when we share and collaborate, but there is no question that sometimes it can be too hard. Let's just recognize that both Losti and DJ-RK both, of course, still want the best for all of us.

My close friends know me as a person who is not generally prone to optimism. Mostly I feel like we are getting screwed by the big corporations on a daily basis and it's frustrating.

But here, I have to step back and marvel at a clash of opinions and approaches on just how perfect we can make a fix. This is quite a long ways from my original philosophy of getting it limping in 3D is good enough for me. I never cease to be amazed at how good the fixes are. Not incidentally, both of you are far, far beyond what I can do in a fix.

-Probably been a major factor in pissing off Helifax and his departure, like how you hacked his server for his unreleased Mass Effect Andromeda fix, then started posting up your own variation of it while it was still in development (exactly like how you did for Kingdom Come), and told him to f*** off for posting valid feedback/criticism towards your Metro Exodus fix not working properly.
I speak to Helifax periodically, and would just like to clarify that this is not likely part of his absence. Edit:I don't recall the details, but Helifax was pissed off about this.
Helifax has stepped back because of real-life time problems. He got a new demanding job, and then also had to move on short notice as his lease expired. He also has been more interested in VR at present, just got an Index.
I also wonder if DHR's departure may have been partly in due to your behavior and exploitation of his work, albeit to a lesser extent than Helifax.
I also spoke with DHR after he stepped back, he and I have always had a good rapport. For DHR, he stepped back because he was burnt out. And also frustrated with the lack of gratitude and response that he got for fixes. It wasn't contributions or conflicts, it was just lack of appreciation. That combined with NVidia deep-sixing 3D Vision made him decide to step back.

As an aside, back to the OP, updating DHR's Universal Fix is absolutely a terrific and valuable addition. Even if things are not fixed perfectly, it's definitely better and covers more games. DHR's fix was starting to rust a bit as UE4 continued to change, so the maintenance is seriously appreciated.
Losti

Post by Losti »

"For DHR, he stepped back because he was burnt out. And also frustrated with the lack of gratitude and response that he got for fixes."

May you should keep this in mind !!!! AS i wrote in the posts DJ mentioned, you SHOULD HEAVE READ THIS between the lines!! I have problems! Problems in my day job getting this what i need and YES i am hiding behind the sucess in shader hacking. THATS NOT GOOD but a profit for you and me!!!! @ DJ: F-UCK YOU FOR THIS: "Get the f*** out of here with this hackeyed bullshit" Ask the users what they are thinking of my "hackeyed bullshit" .... lol ok no need because its all the work from others ..... sure....lol....

For months, I can argue the time I spend here across my wife only with the fact that I make money next to the job, for our caravan. If I would just fix games for myself, there would not have been ONE game fix published from me since about one year, because i have many games to potentially play!!!!, I've never played KCD myself, since I'm only on fix since. I have not played any game since 2 Years!!!!! Then reading such things as written by DJ_RK is a slap in the face! THANK YOU FOR THIS ONE !!!
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:@ Bo3bber:

1. Yes I will keep this file but I need to know what’s wrong here. I have never changed it. Ill check this some days. May I will add some lines and YES i will a stop do you really want question here ^^
2. Yes that’s what I have tried to tell the others, the more we play the better the things will get. OuterWilds caching around 3500 shaders visiting some areas!
Sounds good, thank you. I think maybe that didn't work for him because of admin access. On rare occasions some files end up either locked in use, or require admin to delete. Can also be interference from virus checkers that see a .bat deleting files and freak out.

When you have it setup how you like, you can send it to me and I'll check it into the Github. Alternatively, if you'd like a login there, I'm happy to add you as a contributor. (requires using Git)
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

bo3bber wrote:But here, I have to step back and marvel at a clash of opinions and approaches on just how perfect we can make a fix.
Believe it or not, bo3b, I'm actually not that much of an elitist to argue over how perfect a fix is or not under normal circumstances (I've had a couple imperfect fixes improved by masterotaku after all, and I still struggle with certain things, so I make no claim of being the best shaderhacker in existence), but in this case Losti came to me boasting this as a "perfect" fix for volumetric lighting in my Fallen Order thread. This is after he came into my Trine 4 thread, unsolicited, suggesting a texture override which entailed setting all render targets to mono (which included setting the depth buffer to mono, effectively making everything 2D). This was was particularly frustrating for me for 2 reasons: 1) this was at a point where things were already confusing as heck because I wasn't experiencing any of the issues people were reporting because I hadn't identified that the fact I was on SLI was making things work fine for me, whereas single GPU was busted, and 2) another user claimed this made things better for him (which was impossible, so he must not have actually correctly used Losti's suggestion), confusing matters more. So by him coming and "helping" he actually made things worse for me. Anyways, fast forward to now, and here comes Losti with his claim of a "perfect" fix, I took one look at that unintelligible code (especially all those hardcoded numbers, and no standard formulae in sight), noped the f* out, and wondered where this guy has the gall to keep coming and offering his "help." I was already close to finding the correct fix in Fallen Order from the night before (correct shader, but wrong coordinate), and I was in the middle of optimizing my regexes for BL3 (managed to consolidate several separate regexes into singular, "smarter" regexes, to get better performance) so I tried tweaking my fix further there and found out the correct solution was actually rather simple, I just hadn't gotten that far in the shader yet. So yeah, given there was a proper method, and everything that transpired earlier led me to be annoyed enough call him out on it (and with so much pent up over the years things escalated in my response from there).

But as I've started pointing out, my issue is really with his ego and behavior, and the fact he's directly burned me in the past on previous works, not so much the quality of his fixes. I tried to be courteous and forgiving after KC:D but he still proceeded to step on my toes and harass me over taking over XCom2 WotC fix (which I felt a duty to complete since I specifically had the game purchased using the shared account funds a few days prior), and show a complete lack of respect towards me and my wishes after the fact (and I have past pm chat logs to prove it, but I'm a decent enough person to not resort to childish respostings of private discussions), all because he was drunk on his newfound praise and fame that he gained from stabbing me in the back before (and I foolishly conceded to allow him his moment to shine at the time). But from that point it became clear to me about his attention seeking ways and he continued being a turd (as I've pointed out), and I've resented him and lost more respect for him as time went on. But I was fine to just ignore him until he started being a direct hindrance to me again, so it became time to call him out on his sh!t.

Now, here we are, and look what he's just admitted: he's only doing this as long as the donations keep coming, regular gratitude ain't enough (see the Blair Witch thread where he actually condemns people for not giving him $ for something nobody initially asked him for), and that he is knowingly running "The Losti Show" and exploiting us to get as much praise and attention as he can because he doesn't get it in other areas of life, and that he'll continue carrying on this way despite it being offensive (and not just to me). I know people here will continue to feed his ego, because he's one of the community's only cash cows for fixes right now, but I hope people will see his actions and character for what they are now and keep that in the back of their mind when doing so. Of course, he does deserve some recognition and reimbursement for his effort, but it's wrong for him to be demanding it or chastising those that ask for support but don't pay him, especially since his work is strongly derivative of others. One of the reasons why I try not to rely on scripts and universal fixes is because I feel that if I do receive donations for such, that it's my responsibility to share it with them (putting up their donation links as well is just a formality, I doubt anyone actually donates to them). I supported DSS for a good period of time on his Patreon as long as I was gainfully employed before (and would have done the same for you bo3b, if you accepted donations), possibly exceeding the amount I actually received in donations, because I couldn't accept all the money I received knowing it was all thanks to the hard work that you guys put into 3DMigoto, without giving a fair share back. I have no way of knowing if Losti shares any of his proceed, but since he practically monetizes his work that's highly derivative of others, I certainly hope he's shared some of those proceed with those he supposedly has gratitude for (and in my eyes, gratitude is an *action* you take not a feeling you have). Expecting others to do it for him ain't enough (and, again, probably doesn't happen at all). Otherwise, I feel him doing so is only a few shades less offensive than when Flugan came around demanding money (where no one else did) for his singular contribution to 3DMigoto. I previously referred to Losti as Flugan 2.0, and that stands true to today!

I know you're being neutral and diplomatic AF here bo3b (you're a true ambassador!), so although I've formulated this response as a response to you, I won't expect you to respond further.

and @Losti, since you kept commenting to me after you said "deal" it's only fair I get to make my final responses to you.
Losti wrote:Not reporting for months or doing anything and then returning as THE KING OF THE WORLD
Oh, I'm sorry the fact that for the past year I've been in a new career working in demolition/construction, working 10hr days/50 hr weeks, doing hard physical labour, and keeping relations with family and 2 girlfriends simultaneously (when one is usually hard enough) that I didn't have time for gaming let alone fixing games. Reason I've been able to be so active lately is because it's winter in Canada and there has been a shortage of work. Despite my unemployment income only barely covering my expenses, you don't see me going about demanding reimbursement for my fixes, rather I reach out to every person that does personally and express my sincere thanks to them for doing so. I wonder if you've ever done the same? Don't worry, though, I'll hopefully be back to work in within the next week or so so you can have your near-monopoly of all the fame and glory you seek-, I mean, DEMAND from the rest of us
Losti wrote:But let me tell you, I'm done with you and I'll continue as before, whether you like it or not. If you have tried to kill me by attacking, then I am more than alive!!!!
Good. I told you I'd rather you stick around. Last thing I need is the community pissed that I deflated your ego so hard that you left. I wish you'd stop acting like a turd going forward, but we don't get everything we wish for, now do we?

Losti wrote:Ask the users what they are thinking of my "hackeyed bullshit"
Actually, I don't need to. 4 people have contacted me in private expressing their agreement and concerns regarding your fixes. I'm being completely honest here, and would even post up quotes or blurred out screenshots, but I don't want to give away any indication of their identities and I fear you'll respond with, "Well, if people don't like my fixes I'll stop making them." But you're the one who said "ask others" so I'm telling you.

Losti wrote:F.UCK YOU!!!
F.UCK YOU!!!
F.UCK YOU!!!
LOL, thanks. That truly made my day. Love you too, bro! :P
Losti wrote:Deal!!!!
Deal.
Last edited by DJ-RK on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
daspwan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by daspwan »

As long as Losti is only one working on fix, he should not be criticized.There are fewer and fewer shaderhacker. Don't make the relationship so rigid
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

daspwan wrote:As long as Losti is only one working on fix, he should not be criticized.There are fewer and fewer shaderhacker. Don't make the relationship so rigid
Ok, for a change of pace I'm now going to relax myself and agree here. You are correct, and although I question his underlying motivations being more of a self-serving nature than a noble one, Losti should continue his work and not be criticized for any contributions he makes to it (his behaviour on the other hand, though). Now that I've aired and articulated the more prominent, underlying reasons behind my personal attack against him, I'll admit my grievances with how haphazard his code looks is more superfluous than anything (and was more the spark that ignited the flame, rather than the source of it), and the fact he was able to formulate something that essentially achieves the correct end result, without being the standardized methodology is an impressive feat. If he can somehow change my opinion of him through better behaviour, he may actually one day earn my respect for his contributions here (which I'm sure he couldn't care less about right now, but that's to be expected) and elsewhere. I would just hope that he would seek out to utilize standard methods before taking his own "gunslinger" approach to things, because I've learned from my own experience that not using proper methodology usually rears it's ugly head down the line, sometimes in unexpected ways. Perhaps he might not experience an issue but another user on another setup does. Maybe it actually results in crashing their system? Who knows. But I'll finally concede that if a standard fix can't be found, and a hackjob approach does work, then *maybe* it's worth including, preferably as an optional component.

With that said, I'll now allow Losti to continue his work in peace without my further interference (unless goaded into doing so again).
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

It's sad to see how this went. I don't know what to say about that conflict, but I have a good time when I speak with all other fixers (and non fixers from the community) and I learned a lot in my time here from bo3b, DSS, DJ-RK, DHR, Schwing, and more (sorry if any specific person wasn't mentioned). Losti also helped me with Clipping in Spyro recently.

About the UE4 universal fix, there are some points that I know can be improved:

- Profile settings. STE 23 avoids some one eye particle problems (which I saw in multiple games) and also a big color bug in Tekken 7, compared to STE 27. The DX10 flag at 5008 (compared to 4000) combined with one or two generic texture overrides affecting some depth targets fixed all "outlines" and 2D depth of field problems I encountered, while not breaking shadows.

- Specular reflections should be at realistic depth instead of at surface level. I have applied this (with consecutive improvements and avoided problems) in each of my UE4 fixes and many other non UE4 games. But I'm not sure if I've reached true universality and perfection in avoiding issues (clearly not in Soul Calibur 6, but maybe in later games).

- Water and detection of screen space reflections in "object" shaders. This is something I always fixed manually, because it can vary a lot and each game can have its own weird stuff. Losti came up with a very long regex after asking me for examples, which was after I helped him fix some water in a game. I may take the side of doing things manually here instead of doing very long and complex regexes that will generate more stuttering the first time. Although I admit I got a bit burned in Dragon Quest XI and Spyro after having to fix so many water shaders. So... I don't know.

- Redout is a strange game that uses for most shaders one of the regexes that I rarely see in games (the "effects" one). I'm not sure what to think about this yet.
bo3bber wrote:Well... I think we can all agree that ShaderHacking attracts some very strong personalities. Including me, no doubt. :D
I guess that isn't the case for me, a low conflict person. Maybe that's why I've never been on bad terms with anyone in my life on the internet.

About stepping on someone else's fix (which I rarely did), I follow some unwritten rules:

- If it has been finished for a while and it has known issues or things that the original fixer struggled with, I try to help and improve the fix. If the fixer is still around and active, I ask him to put the link in the blog post and/or check out what I did. See: Quantum Break, Dark Souls 3 and Dishonored 2.

- If the fix is ongoing and I see the fixer commenting about some problems / help needed and I think I can suggest a few things (when I don't have the game), I do it. Counterpoint: I'm not excellent about suggesting things blindly. I'm more of a "practical/trial+error" fixer.
But I generally leave the fixer doing his thing because it's rare to be fixing the same game as another person at the same time, and my game interests can be a bit outside of the norm.

- If the fix was done long ago with clear flaws and the fixer isn't around, I may do a new blog post. Usually starting the fix from scratch. See: Observer, which DHR initially fixed before he made the universal fix (not so scratch because I started with my tweaked version of the universal fix, though).

- A special case is Dark Souls Remastered. Losti did a bit at the beginning of the game and disabled effects, which I saw as very incomplete, so I kindly asked him to remove his blog post after I was done with my fix. I would have done the trick of using the same post name otherwise, but you know, having "Losti" in the title would have been confusing :p.

Then there are collaborations, like DJ-RK and I fixing Final Fantasy XV (which I should finish someday after I'm done with other fixes). But this is a different thing.

I could extend my points more, but I'm at work, so this is the end of my opinion for now xD.

Edit: I agree with DJ-RK in that some of Losti's code is strange and could be simpler and more accurate. But I also agree with the stance of "better than not doing anything" if it's a game that wouldn't have a fix otherwise.
Last edited by masterotaku on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
daspwan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by daspwan »

Your all are the best. It's normal to have conflicts with different personalities. I hope you don't quit because of quarrels. Everyone may have some problems of their own, but if you quit because of anger, only the supporters will be damaged

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”