Disco Elysium in 3d

skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Disco Elysium in 3d

Post by skyrimer »

So Disco Elysium has just released and looks pretty interesting for all fans of CRPGs:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6324 ... o_Elysium/

It's even getting some great reviews like 10/10 here:
https://www.gamingonpc.com/reviews/disc ... um-review/

"ZA/UM‘s debut release has dethroned Planescape: Torment as the best RPG I’ve ever played. Don’t sleep on this gem" :shock:

It uses Unity so maybe the universal fix can do some magic here, anyone tried it yet?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Disco Elysium in 3d

Post by Necropants »

Getting close to pulling the trigger but if it forces borderless full screen or something I'll get it on switch.

*edit*

Okay so it starts full screen when using the switch in steam but when trying to use the universal fix it complains that it can't set the requested resolution when starting the game.
Unity version on .exe seems to reference a version not specified in the fix .ini (2019...) unsure if thats related. Tried all options and still fails but will start if renaming the dx11.dll
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

I can assist you later in today.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

I might be wrong but I believe this game might be 3d models on 2D backgrounds. I find it hard to tell sometimes, similar to the POE games.
I got 3D to kick in without 3dmigoto but there is no depth.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Necropants wrote:I might be wrong but I believe this game might be 3d models on 2D backgrounds. I find it hard to tell sometimes, similar to the POE games.
I got 3D to kick in without 3dmigoto but there is no depth.
Yes that can be treu. Than we cant get it in 3D vision. I try to watch this today. Yesterday i had no Time because of blairwitch.

Ill ask masterotaku, have read something that je stereorized someething like that but im not sure.
Losti

Post by Losti »

can yu pleas give me your version you where able to start the game? Its not starting with migoto! Resolution erro message. Onon Migoto will end up in one eye.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Nope never was able to get it running with the 3dmigoto dll, only disabled and forced full screen with the -windows mode - exclusive switch in steam. With 3dmigoto it always complains about not being able to render the requested resolution. New version of Unity?

Maybe I am wrong about the 2d backgrounds, not sure but even when 3d is running in fullscreen there is no depth.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Yes unity 2019.

Ill ask bo3b if i cant solve this resolution message.

Without migoto we cant do anything.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I'm not sure what might be happening there. In general 3Dmigoto doesn't care about resolution changes at all, as long as you aren't setting the resolution for doing force full screen in 3Dmigoto.

Try running it with 3Dmigoto installed, but not using -window-mode exclusive. It won't start in 3D, but that's OK for purposes of testing 3Dmigoto compatibility.

Also try different profiles. If it's showing some 2D aspects, that can often be because of profile settings that don't match games. NVidia is going to be putting out completely terrible profiles now.

For crash case, run the game with d3dx.ini logging set, calls=1, unbuffered=1, debug=1, and let us take a look at the log.

Lastly, might ping DarkStarSword, probably on Discord, I have not seen him on the forums recently.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Hm, there is no way to get this game started in any way. I have tried to use the loader but this will not hoock the DLL because i have no green overlay in the game and it tells me:

Here is the log file:

https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/d3d11_log2.txt

disco.exe (13792): Unable to verify if 3DMigoto was successfully loaded: 5

If i set require_admin = true the game tells me

3DMigoto ready - Now run the game.
disco.exe (10928): Unable to verify if 3DMigoto was successfully loaded: 299
Target process found (2800): D:\Games\Disco Elysium\disco.exe
2800: 3DMigoto loaded :)

But the game instantly crashes without any message.

This is the log file for the loader with admin settings and crash game instantly without any message:

https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/d3d11_log.txt
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

Try allow_platform_update = 0 and see if it runs at all. Please post the log again if it doesn't. Your second log says 3Dmigoto didn't wrap DX11 at all. My guess is D3D11 already initialized before 3Dmigoto could load in. I have a feeling the same issue is happening in both logs but with different timing.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
FastLawyer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FastLawyer »

This is working fine on HelixVision with 3Dmigoto wrapper DX11 (using the ci_beta so mouse cursor shows up)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”