iZ3D 22" price reduction - $399

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Marksanderson
One Eyed Hopeful

iZ3D 22" price reduction - $399

Post by Marksanderson »

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release ... 26684.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: iZ3D 22" price reduction - $399

Post by ssiu »

Sweet price. newegg.com has it for $369.99 + free shipping for those in USA. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824859001) I guess this is a preemptive strike against the upocming 120Hz LCD monitors from Viewsonic etc.

I guess $370 will be in the same ballpark price as 22" 120Hz LCD + 1 NVIDIA glasses, and if you need multiple pairs of glasses then IZ3D will be much cheaper. Still waiting for the 120Hz LCD monitors to be announced to see the price and final specifications. (Originally the Viewsonic is supposed to be out in 2008, but seems to be delayed to 1Q 2009.)
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yup. and considering new glasses hopefully coming soon + many cheap glasses per monitor + better drivers + no eyestrain I don't see any competition :)

here's the engadget article
http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/04/iz3d ... ps-to-399/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

most comments there still criticize the glasses
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

new glasses? :-) see announcement on iz3d.com for beta testers today :-)
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

The iZ3D webpage still shows a price of 599$.
newegg.ca did not lower the price. It's 699.12$ CAD which amounts to 549.74$ USD.

I'm in Canada and I'm considering buying one at that new price, if I can find where to buy it.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Woah! That's a nice price they got there. I would be buying one if I didn't already have a Zalman.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

You can try google product search.

Try this link:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... ps-sellers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

That is a great price. I think it will be a bit more consumer friendly now. Hopefully this will give S3D the boost it needs to become more mainstream.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Thank you Welder for the link. I used the Google product search and ordered one.

I've always wanted a high resolution 3D monitor with wireless glasses.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Amazon has it for 317.99 and free shipping. Can't beat that. Wow what a great price. I can see now that my plan for a planar setup in the future won't be necessary. Lemmesee, I've got 1 huge 21in CRT, 2 big 24in LCDs, any room left on the desk for a 3rd LCD? Oh I know...wait for the CRT to die, won't be long now. :)
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Tril wrote:Thank you Welder for the link. I used the Google product search and ordered one.

I've always wanted a high resolution 3D monitor with wireless glasses.
Great! Glad I could help. Thanks for choosing iZ3D :)
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Wow what a great price. Newegg even has an additional -$50 promotional going on just insert EMCBCAEAD promo code in before checkout. Final price $319.99 shipped. I was gonna hold out for a Viewsonic, but at that price...gonna be hard to hold off.
Holoforce
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Holoforce »

I am a bit disapointed as well, iZ3d created a good momentum, then fell flat on the click-craze. I.e. you go on their website, 599$ everywhere, then you check with dealers in canada, nobody reduced it.

The channels are always reacting slower than PRs, but it would have been nice at least to have a sync with the website.

Guess I'll wait for a few days to see if prices are lowering here in canada, else will hold on just a bit longer to my current setup.

True 3D is without glasses... decent autostereoscopic displays (i.e. not crappy static parralax barriers/lenticulars) are around the corner, just a tad too expensive. At 399 or less for a glass-based 3D screen though, it's perfect for content production or validation and the casual gamer.

Good move iZ3d for bringing 3D to the mass. Now get that website synchronized!

H.
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Wow...that is a good price.

Unfortunately, I spoiled myself a couple years ago when I went to a DLP projector on a 62 inch diag screen about 4 feet in front of me. I find the immersion almost as good on my 42inch plasma 3 feet in front of me but the slight ghosting and loss of resolution due to the checkerboard method sort of distracts a little. I can no longer enjoy 3d as just a gimmick like I used to on a 21 inch CRT monitor 8 years ago. My future 3d purchases will be 42" or greater and cannot have any ghosting or loss of resolution. I don't mind wearing shutters or polarized glasses, but I have never experienced zero ghosting with polarized so I would be skeptical of that kind of product.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Hello Holo,
As far as our website, we had it set in the backend system, but not our front end (The stuff you see)

Our web master was SUPER busy with some things that are going on(Will announce soon) and didn't have the chance to change it on time unfortunately, so we will fire him. JUST JOKING! I am the Web Master :) But yes, unfortunately there was some unforeseen things that took my time away yesterday. Sorry about this.

As far as some other E-Tailers, that is beyond our control. We tell them the price, and they can decided when to change it.

The price shown has been now changed on our website.

Holoforce wrote:I am a bit disapointed as well, iZ3d created a good momentum, then fell flat on the click-craze. I.e. you go on their website, 599$ everywhere, then you check with dealers in canada, nobody reduced it.

The channels are always reacting slower than PRs, but it would have been nice at least to have a sync with the website.

Guess I'll wait for a few days to see if prices are lowering here in canada, else will hold on just a bit longer to my current setup.

True 3D is without glasses... decent autostereoscopic displays (i.e. not crappy static parralax barriers/lenticulars) are around the corner, just a tad too expensive. At 399 or less for a glass-based 3D screen though, it's perfect for content production or validation and the casual gamer.

Good move iZ3d for bringing 3D to the mass. Now get that website synchronized!

H.
Holoforce
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Holoforce »

Hello Charlie,

I can appreciate proactive responses like this :)

I'm going to grab one as soon as they fall here in canada, and let you know about the experience.

H.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Bad news for me. I tried to order from provantage (I chose them because the price was low, they accept orders from Canada and their website looks professional) and even thought the website said there was 147 of them in stock, they called me today to tell me it was back ordered. :(

Looks like iZ3D are not the only one to have issue with their website not being up-to-date. :) I'm going to call them back next week to get an eta for them to get it back in stock. If it's going to take too long, I'll try to buy it elsewhere.

It would be nice if some canadian stores sold that monitor. You could start with NCIX as I think it's the biggest online computer store in Canada.

martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

yuriythebest wrote:yup. and considering new glasses hopefully coming soon + many cheap glasses per monitor + better drivers + no eyestrain I don't see any competition :)

here's the engadget article
http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/04/iz3d ... ps-to-399/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

most comments there still criticize the glasses
Wow Yuri, the people commenting there don't realize there is one pair of clip ons you can wear over your prescription glasses, talk about someone in marketing at Iz3d really dropping the ball on that one! That picture doesn't show anyone wearing the clip ons does it? Just some little kid about to get shot, that can't make the disney parents happy - instead of little johnny taking an s3d bullet, maybe they should have little sally looking at an s3d pink barbie pony. Didn't anyone at IZ3d study the CIA mkultra brainwashing educational videos?

With those kinds of uninformed people, I hope IZ3D are not selling the old glasses to them, they will see the ghosting, curse the product on 50 different websites and text 100 of their friends how crappy it is and then box it up and put it in the corner never to try again with new improved glasses. I think engineers sometimes forget bad marketing can kill an otherwise excellent product.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

newegg.ca has reduced the price already. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824859001
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Thank you ssiu. I'm going to cancel my order from provantage and order from newegg.ca. Also, I don't know how much is true but I read something about provantage here. I don't really trust a company that has a website that says that there's 147 in stock but calls you the next day after you place an order to tell you it's back ordered.

At first glance it's more expensive but import/brokerage/duty/taxes are included in the price so I won't get any nasty surprise fee when I get my package. I verified the shipping cost and it's lower with newegg.ca. Also, newegg has a good reputation and the product is more likely to be in stock.

EDIT : I ordered the iZ3D monitor Monday morning at newegg.ca and chose the cheapest shipping option. It shipped Monday afternoon and the tracking says it will arrive Wednesday. That's great. It definitely beats waiting a few weeks on a backorder. It's my first time using newegg.ca and I'm very pleased at how fast they took care of the order.

nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

$320?!!?!?

Damn that is so tempting, I would be buying right now if I had any possible means to (hmm, can I sell some of my stuff in time? Too bad my car needs timing work and my truck needs head gaskets, will eat all my money, assuming I ever get any.)

Off Topic:
chrisdfw wrote: I don't mind wearing shutters or polarized glasses, but I have never experienced zero ghosting with polarized so I would be skeptical of that kind of product.
I am confused by this, as I previously tried to explain at some length Shutter glasses is a polarized technology. LCD is an active half-wave retarder ("Liquid Crystal") sandwiched between polarizers. Shutter glasses are LCD technology.

I don't know if you have ever tried a Polarized projector or Planar system (they are a fair bit complicated), but I have never seen such a clear picture in my life besides a mirror and dual CRT's.

Obviously there is no such thing as zero ghosting with any Polarized technology (including LCD shutters), but I have come darn close with my Planar setup. With a 60watt torch style light on in the room my irises close just enough to make a Planar system nearly perfect.

Just making sure you understand that your shutterglasses (I assume, if you are a DLP S3D'er) are a polarized LCD technology. I am not sure what you classify as a "polarized" tech, or ghosting for that matter. I saw Imax "Space Station 3D" from an aisle seat, it had a bit of ghosting due to the sunlit white space station against outer space blackness, and possibly my extreme angle and thoroughly scratched/clouded glasses.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
gibbski
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gibbski »

omg and i just bought mine right before the price drop...
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Got it. Ordered monday at newgg.ca and got it this afternoon. So far, I only tried iZ3D Media Player Classic with some 3dtv.at sample videos. First impression, is that it looks much better than shutter glasses on my crt monitor. I finally have enough brightness in S3D. The only issue is that there's a slight bit of ghosting. It seems to be only visible when there are huge changes of brightness between the eyes. I'm definitely pleased with my purchase.

StereoGaming4Me
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by StereoGaming4Me »

newegg had them for $319.00 free shipping until Dec. 10th. A discount of $30 and promo code of $50 off. You can still get them cheaper then $399, possibly with free shipping too by using google.
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Newegg has a returned version available for $300 and free shipping!! (no rebates to fill out)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 824859001R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You may or may not get glasses or cables with it though.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
StereoGaming4Me
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by StereoGaming4Me »

nubie wrote:Newegg has a returned version available for $300 and free shipping!! (no rebates to fill out)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 824859001R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You may or may not get glasses or cables with it though.
The specs on the right don't match the picture or the one I just bought from newegg.. it actually has one 15 pin d-sub and two dvi input - the specs say one dvi input but if you look at the picture, it shows all 3 inputs.

nubie, if you haven't tried the z800 you simply must.. zero ghosting and all the convergence and separation is done automatically for you. I'd say the diy planar is second in line for S3D, but I still haven't fully tested the samsung dlp, have yet to make my own passive projection system, and the iz3d so far is only proving to be a nice ws monitor for a very affordable $319.. at this point with the iz3d drivers, getting lucky with S3D is somewhat of an extra bonus if you get one that works (anything DX9+). The diy planar with an nvidia pair was playing DX7 games perfectly as well as DX8 games. From what I've noticed with various S3D solutions, Microsoft games seem to look the best in 3D so far.

Peace

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”