No Tridef...what now for AMD 3D gameplayers..Nvidia???

narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

No Tridef...what now for AMD 3D gameplayers..Nvidia???

Post by narhicfd »

So, since TriDef went under, what's the next step for us stereoscopic 3D gameplayers who have an AMD video card?? I know we can still use TriDef but what happens to our ability to play new games, up and coming in next few years?? I've always been a AMD user and loved using tridef specially cause of the Power 3D option. I was thinking about making the switch to Nvidia 3D vision even knowing that Nvidia just announced they are dropping support of 3D vision after their latest driver. Lots of ticked of people over that. Nvidia 3D vision users are rushing to find a solution how to continue on. I wonder how much longer till AMD decides to drop AMD 3D as well. I know I can use tridef with an Nvidia card but I'll miss not having the Power 3D option. VR okay but I prefer my 3D projector on games right now.
So where do us AMD base graphics card stereoscopic game players go from here?? Do I stick with my AMD card and see where things go from here or switch to Nvidia and...well I don't know. Your guys opinions??
AlHudsonFX
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: No Tridef...what now for AMD 3D gameplayers..Nvidia???

Post by AlHudsonFX »

narhicfd wrote:So, since TriDef went under, what's the next step for us stereoscopic 3D gameplayers who have an AMD video card?? I know we can still use TriDef but what happens to our ability to play new games, up and coming in next few years?? I've always been a AMD user and loved using tridef specially cause of the Power 3D option. I was thinking about making the switch to Nvidia 3D vision even knowing that Nvidia just announced they are dropping support of 3D vision after their latest driver. Lots of ticked of people over that. Nvidia 3D vision users are rushing to find a solution how to continue on. I wonder how much longer till AMD decides to drop AMD 3D as well. I know I can use tridef with an Nvidia card but I'll miss not having the Power 3D option. VR okay but I prefer my 3D projector on games right now.
So where do us AMD base graphics card stereoscopic game players go from here?? Do I stick with my AMD card and see where things go from here or switch to Nvidia and...well I don't know. Your guys opinions??
As much as I love playing my games on 3D we must admit that tech is dead. (And seems that VR will follow the same steps)

For some reasons many people don't like to play on 3D. So even before TriDef closure was almost impossible to find a compatible AMDHD3D monitor.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, honestly, it's just about dead.

3D dropped from UHD Blu-Ray spec. Nintendo 3DS only 2DS now. No new 3D TVs or monitors for years, now 3D on PC is gone.

I guess with Nvidia you can at least use old drivers, but that won't work for new video cards, new operating systems, or anything else that comes out.

With AMD, I don't know. IZ3D is long dead, TriDef is freshly dead (and double-dead due to poor DRM scheme).

At least VR is still alive for now, but it's a very different thing.
AlHudsonFX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AlHudsonFX »

cybereality wrote:Yeah, honestly, it's just about dead.

3D dropped from UHD Blu-Ray spec. Nintendo 3DS only 2DS now. No new 3D TVs or monitors for years, now 3D on PC is gone.

I guess with Nvidia you can at least use old drivers, but that won't work for new video cards, new operating systems, or anything else that comes out.

With AMD, I don't know. IZ3D is long dead, TriDef is freshly dead (and double-dead due to poor DRM scheme).

At least VR is still alive for now, but it's a very different thing.
That's correct cybereality.
Even that we need to "enjoy" VR meanwhile (Because my wild guess, watching all those numbers from Steam) is that once again 3d with VR will die again.

Why people don't like 3d?
I don't know but even at my home neither of my 4 sons like to play with 3D!!!!

Wow that's insane. I mean Bioshock, Alien Isolation, Tomb Raider on 3D are complete awesome!

-----------------------------------------

Talking about using VORPX to make compatible old games with VR headsets. Have you ever tried?

Thanks!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

No, I never played VorpX. There are enough native VR games to keep me busy.

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”