Nvdia stereo 3D glasses preview!

johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Nvdia stereo 3D glasses preview!

Post by johnoliver »

here is the links http://www.hkepc.com/1930
http://financenews.sina.com/sinacn/304- ... 41004.html
http://financenews.sina.com/sinacn/304- ... 53156.html

Found this article in a Hong Kong based site, if you can't read Chinese, it's still cool, there are lots of photos! :lol:

>>apparently, according from the article, the lens of the glasses are Active Polarizer , so not like the shutter glasses from before?

>>also, in the last picture, the girl is wearing the demo glasses with a xbox360 controller! does that mean console will also be supported?! :roll:
GPU: nVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 550W
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Intel Core 2, 2.13 GHz
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Glasses: Nvidia 3D Vision kit
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Nvdia stereo 3D glasses preview!

Post by johnoliver »

so far, according from the articles, the glasses work with Devil May Cry 4 & Call of Duty5!

And the design actually looks pretty sleek~ can't wait to get it for my 3d dlp tv :P
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Active polarizers is what was used before but it does not mean that it's exactly the same. By active polarizers, it normally means two linear polarizers and liquid crystals between them. The liquid crystals rotate the light polarization.

Like for LCD screens, there are many types of liquid crystals. Maybe they use the same as those used in old shutter glasses or they use others liquid crystals. There are also different linear polarizers that can be used.

I'm hoping that these shutter glasses alter the colors less than previous shutter glasses.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

The text says its tested with Forceware 178.24 and S3D driver 177.74 on CRT! :shock: :wink:

It looks like a Philips 109E50 Monitor 19'' which is really common.
Last edited by VadersApp on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

VadersApp wrote:The text says its tested with Forceware 178.24 and S3D driver 177.74 on CRT! :shock: :wink:

It looks like an Philips 109E50 Monitor 19'' which is really common.
yea, I was surprised too...but that's an older article.
The newest article below showed test with Mitsubushi 3D DLP tv, which is completely awsome :)
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Tril wrote:Active polarizers is what was used before but it does not mean that it's exactly the same. By active polarizers, it normally means two linear polarizers and liquid crystals between them. The liquid crystals rotate the light polarization.

Like for LCD screens, there are many types of liquid crystals. Maybe they use the same as those used in old shutter glasses or they use others liquid crystals. There are also different linear polarizers that can be used.

I'm hoping that these shutter glasses alter the colors less than previous shutter glasses.
i see, I guess we won't know until we get a hold on it then :roll:
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

This is big news and im looking forward to more info. From those translations im gathering that only 100hz-120hz will be supported so a lot of people will be upset if there 85hz dlp projectors miss out :cry:

This may be wrong as the first link mumbled about using a normal lcd at 60hz although this may have only been an exaple of old tech.

I would guess the 100hz limit is there to kill the old 'flicker and eyestrain' stigma and may be a good move in the long run.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

johnoliver wrote:>>also, in the last picture, the girl is wearing the demo glasses with a xbox360 controller! does that mean console will also be supported?! :roll:
Most PC games these days support the Xbox360 gamepad too, it was probably hooked up to a PC.

And just when I was going to throw out my CRTs now theres a reason to save them.
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

johnoliver wrote: >>apparently, according from the article, the lens of the glasses are Active Polarizer , so not like the shutter glasses from before?
I read Chinese. It is still shutter glasses. The words after "Active Polarizer" roughly means " ... Active Polarizer LCD screen [on the glasses]; when electricity passes through the LCD glass then it becomes black and blocks all light [from the monitor]; when no electricity then the LCD glass is transparent".

You can see the last photo with the girl; one eye is black and the other eye is mostly-transparent.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”