Status?

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
PowerTool
One Eyed Hopeful

Status?

Post by PowerTool »

Hi,

I downloaded Perception v4.0a3. I did quite a bit of reading here and in the manual.

I think, if I remember everything, that Vireio Perception 4.0a3 supports dx9 but not dx11 (yet) but this may be a moot point because I saw a post stating 4.0a3 is dated and a new release is required (and being worked).

I also tried the DLL installer. I tried it on Pure Faction and Need For Speed Most Wanted 2005. I believe Pure Faction is strictly dx9. I think NFSMW was originally dx9 but Origin may have updated it to dx11--again, I'm no expert I just saw dx11 referenced in the directory structure. The DLL installer said no supported games were found. I saw the other post here and response.

I am having a difficult time determining if I love Quake on the Oculus Rift so much that I'll keep my Oculus Rift or if I just want to ship it back for a refund.

I believe there is just one developer working this. I wish I had the dev skills to provide any assistance--I'd help. I am sure time is a big challenge and you may be frustrated but I also see you bring joy to the masses and I know how I would feel if I could get a few more games working.

If you have a few minutes I would be grateful for a clue regarding if I should continue troubleshooting, status on an update (not just a release time frame but what is changing and is it because Oculus Rift created problems eliminating desktop mode) so I have a clue about getting my Oculus Rift to work.

Thank you very much for your time and effort!

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”