Pneumatic force feedback VR glove

Discussion of tools and products that add VR physicality. Samples include VR treadmills, special hand controllers, gesture technology and more.
Fulby
One Eyed Hopeful

Pneumatic force feedback VR glove

Post by Fulby »

Hi all,

I'm working on a VR glove that uses pneumatic pistons to apply force feedback to joints. I'm using Lego Technic pistons for now, which are small enough to fit on each finger joint and my goal is for the glove to be able to apply force to each individual joint. This should provide higher fidelity haptic feedback than gloves which can only pull the whole finger back (for instance the difference between squeezing a trigger and a baseball).

I first looked into this a couple of years ago (early video below) but was limited by having to work entirely in Lego. I went back to it recently after buying a 3D printer, which has been fantastic for rapidly iterating designs. I've still got some parts to finish but I'm hoping to have the first Unity test with the 3D printed version running in a few weeks.

The project website is here if you'd like more details, or follow progress @FulbyTech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dGsXonS8B4

Return to “Physical VR Tools”